Banned from Nexus

weaselheart

Guys get along.......Or feel the wrath of Yami.

uyyGHrv.gif

GrimReaper, on 01 Sept 2014 - 02:59 AM, said:
It just depends on what you want in your game. If I want to make my grass prettier, than that's what I want. I will pick the prettiest grass mod I can find and then use it. Doesn't matter if someone put one hour or thousands of hours into a mod, if it is something I don't want to see in my game I simply won't use it. Doesn't matter how much time went into a mod because that doesn't mean I suddenly enjoy it. However that doesn't mean I need to be a douche about it. For example, Falskaar is probably the biggest mod atm and a truckload of work went into it.
Does that mean Falskaar is a good mod? Does that mean I must enjoy Falskaar more than a mod that took just a few hours? Does that mean I must download, endorse and enjoy Falskaar? No. Do I need to throw a tantrum because there are people that enjoy Falskaar more than I do? That some people obviously enjoy Falskaar more than anything I made or enjoy using? No. Same goes with every other mod.
But if we want to continue with the mod bashing, why not watch this:

DragonBreak>Falskaar and Wyrmstooth not even joking.

That's the point, though. For you, that's true. For me, it's not. Falskaar was (for me at least) pretty bland and boring, like an extension of vanilla Skyrim. But at least it didn't make me cringe all the time. But I never felt the need the express my personal opinion on a mod I didn't like. It doesn't add anything other than "I don't like it" which is pointless for everyone else except me.

That's the point, though. For you, that's true. For me, it's not. Falskaar was (for me at least) pretty bland and boring, like an extension of vanilla Skyrim. But at least it didn't make me cringe all the time. But I never felt the need the express my personal opinion on a mod I didn't like. It doesn't add anything other than "I don't like it" which is pointless for everyone else except me.

Forgive me even though I was completely serious in my response I was in a troll like state of mind.

Crisis Averted

Falskaar was an extension of vanilla Skyrim... literally the guys whole purpose for the mod was to show that he could work on a Bethesda level. He was hoping for a job with them.

Most people consider Falskaar and Wyrmstooth DLC just like Dragonborn and Dawnguard because of them having around the same main quest play time and new lands. DragonBreak reminded me of a Fallout 3 DLC, you meet strong personalities do a zannie quest line and go "what did I just do?" when it's over. Dawnguard was so close to that that it makes me sad, Dawnguards probably my favorite DLC for Skyrim but man does it have a lot of half thoughts. *sigh* Bethesda *sigh*

Eh I give up

I believe everyone is created with equality of opportunity (for the most part), some just crap on it

I had my rant, and it's not about "Praise me praise me" GL even finding out more than my real first name ever rofl, it's about the dumbing down of the culture and rewarding everyone for everything

Just made me sick as shit finally and I snapped at the goody love everyone huggles BS I see prevalent in society which is turning America for one into a third world cesspool full of uneducated halfwits

I just didn't see the gd harm in bashing a few fricking retarded mods, and then the stupidity got to a head when people want to think they are equal.. they just as a matter of point are not. A 1995 honda civic with one door missing gets you from point A to B as well as a ferrari, I think most people would want the ferrari but in modding it seems everyone is gungho about the doorless civic and it makes me sad.. Ya it does what they want but there is certainly something better out there that probably does it to and higher quality as well as being free

Sidebar on the dumbing down of america topic, was talking to a well to do chick, someone you wouldn't consider uneducated by any means, was yapping about Nuclear power plants and I offhanded that we are just cheap fucks and we've got this great big disposal unit in the sky called the sun, and we could just shoot all our GD nuclear waste at it instead of burying it for future generations to deal with. Girl goes "But wouldn't that hurt the sun"....

One of like 3 times in my life I was speechless

Also GrimReaper, been there seen those rofl, did you read the comments? I love that guy, he zerod in on all the punctuation errors in the subs hehe, made my day. Because of people like him there isn't one solitary period to end any sentence subtitle in DIscworld. I figure if I can cause a grammar nazi to commit suicide, I win the internets

Also I hate periods

Falskaar was an extension of vanilla Skyrim... literally the guys whole purpose for the mod was to show that he could work on a Bethesda level. He was hoping for a job with them.

Most people consider Falskaar and Wyrmstooth DLC just like Dragonborn and Dawnguard because of them having around the same main quest play time and new lands. DragonBreak reminded me of a Fallout 3 DLC, you meet strong personalities do a zannie quest line and go "what did I just do?" when it's over. Dawnguard was so close to that that it makes me sad, Dawnguards probably my favorite DLC for Skyrim but man does it have a lot of half thoughts. *sigh* Bethesda *sigh*

Well, at least Dawnguard and Dragonborn add new things and didn't solely cannibalize the content that was already there. Which is why I don't see myself playing Falskaar, for example. Anyway. I can respect the work and time that goes into a mod, but if it isn't to my taste, I won't use it. Which is okay in my book. But complaining that these mod exist? Would I be sad if Falskaar was taken down? No, because I don't like it. Would I be happy if it was taken down? No, not really. The only good thing for me would be that it's one less mod to scroll over in search for a mod that I would enjoy. But I don't feel special enough to justify making the people that enjoy it sad just so I can browse a tiny bit faster.

This whole "you should cater to my needs"-special snowflake syndrome is something that annoys me to no end.

Eh I give up.

I believe everyone is created with equality of opportunity (for the most part), some just crap on it.

I had my rant, and it's not about "Praise me praise me" GL even finding out more than my real first name ever rofl, it's about the dumbing down of the culture and rewarding everyone for everything.

Just made me sick as shit finally and I snapped at the goody love everyone huggles BS I see prevalent in society which is turning America for one into a third world cesspool full of uneducated halfwits.

I just didn't see the gd harm in bashing a few fricking retarded mods, and then the stupidity got to a head when people want to think they are equal.. they just as a matter of point are not. A 1995 honda civic with one door missing gets you from point A to B as well as a ferrari, I think most people would want the ferrari but in modding it seems everyone is gungho about the doorless civic and it makes me sad.. Ya it does what they want but there is certainly something better out there that probably does it to and higher quality as well as being free.

Sidebar on the dumbing down of america topic, was talking to a well to do chick, someone you wouldn't consider uneducated by any means, was yapping about Nuclear power plants and I offhanded that we are just cheap fucks and we've got this great big disposal unit in the sky called the sun, and we could just shoot all our GD nuclear waste at it instead of burying it for future generations to deal with. Girl goes "But wouldn't that hurt the sun"....

One of like 3 times in my life I was speechless.

Also GrimReaper, been there seen those rofl, did you read the comments? I love that guy, he zerod in on all the punctuation errors in the subs hehe, made my day. Because of people like him there isn't one solitary period to end any sentence subtitle in DIscworld. I figure if I can cause a grammar nazi to commit suicide, I win the internets.

Also I hate periods.

Also GrimReaper, been there seen those rofl, did you read the comments? I love that guy, he zerod in on all the punctuation errors in the subs hehe, made my day. Because of people like him there isn't one solitary period to end any sentence subtitle in DIscworld. I figure if I can cause a grammar nazi to commit suicide, I win the internets

Also I hate periods

I don't think this video was about punctuation. It was more about the dialogue, humor and story in general, but that's just me.

You may see no harm in bashing mods, but I do. Again, this topic is open for everyone (maybe even for guests since this is not an adult forum, idk) and everyone can read what is written here. It is not contained, it is neither a private forum nor is there are disclaimer in the OP that everything you read here should be taken with a grain of salt. This thread is a part of Loverslab and as such what you can read here is at least something that is tolerated here simply because it exists. If it wouldn't be tolerated it would be deleted. LL had to forbid any threads about politics and religion because some people always took it a step too far. Seeing a thread where users spit in each others faces doesn't exactly reinforce the statement that LL is a friendly and open adult modding/gaming community.

Hating the nexus is one thing, as I said. Nobody really likes the nexus, though for different reasons. But bashing modders just because their mods don't cater to your special needs make you look like one big fat ugly snowflake. Honestly, if you want to vent try reddit or 4chan. But LL's reputation is bad enough as it is now, we don't need to add "they're a bunch of elitist scumbags" to the list. There are enough people out there that already treat LL like the nexus: download mods but whatever you do DON'T GET INVOLVED THERE.

Allow me to pull up the comic strip again to illustrate a point about the majority of lazy/attention whoring modders:

That doesn't apply because modding isn't a competition. There are no rules you need to follow or standards you need to meet. It's only about 1) Is this mod something I want to have in my game and 2) does it work or is it a buggy piece of crap that will most likely screw up my game? It's not about running distance x in time y to qualify or getting more points than other competitors to win.

So yeah, for me a simple plant retexture done in a few hours max that I use in my game is more valuable than Falskaar or Dragonbreak or [insert any other mod that I don't use] because for me, only my taste matters. That isn't a reason though to think that my opinion is more important than anyone else's opinion, that my taste is superior. I know that there are people who have a different taste than mine and that's fine.

This all boils down to "but the things I want are more important than the things you make". That's simply shitposting.

I just realized something. Only consumers are defending these shit mods... and they don't matter. 1000 consumers = 1 developer. Why are we even still talking about this. Lets get back to it!

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15703/?

Seriously, why isn't this a file of the month yet? If Insanity's huntsman gets it I'm going to be pissed. He doesn't need it. He's already gotten it 50+ times between Skyrim/Oblivion/FNV/FO3.

I just realized something. Only consumers are defending these shit mods... and they don't matter. 1000 consumers = 1 developer. Why are we even still talking about this. Lets get back to it!

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15703/?

Seriously, why isn't this a file of the month yet? If Insanity's huntsman gets it I'm going to be pissed. He doesn't need it. He's already gotten it 50+ times between Skyrim/Oblivion/FNV/FO3.

Unfortunately, dualsun did something to piss a number of people off. He hid that mod for some time due to the lack of endorsements... That's the problem with Nexus' endorsement system as we can only endorse once per person for one mod page rather than for each available updates. I doubt that many people are going to vote for the mod now that had happened.

Allow me to pull up the comic strip again to illustrate a point about the majority of lazy/attention whoring modders:

That doesn't apply because modding isn't a competition. There are no rules you need to follow or standards you need to meet. It's only about 1) Is this mod something I want to have in my game and 2) does it work or is it a buggy piece of crap that will most likely screw up my game? It's not about running distance x in time y to qualify or getting more points than other competitors to win.

So yeah, for me a simple plant retexture done in a few hours max that I use in my game is more valuable than Falskaar or Dragonbreak or [insert any other mod that I don't use] because for me, only my taste matters. That isn't a reason though to think that my opinion is more important than anyone else's opinion, that my taste is superior. I know that there are people who have a different taste than mine and that's fine.

This all boils down to "but the things I want are more important than the things you make". That's simply shitposting.

You're damn right modding isn't a competition, but the modders themselves treat it as a popularity contest anyway. Thus this comic strip applies.

Well to be fair the mod was completely remade. And the 0 change in endorsement can be discouraging. But having to make a new mod page every time you overhaul your mod is a little obnoxious. I mean some modders do it and it works out. But they get the constant random posts on the old pages even though they redirect people.

Second the Nexus endorsement system sucks having to wait an hours after installing to endorse usually has me completely forgetting and going to different pages and doing other things. Doing it through NMM made it easier but the latest update made it harder -_-. Their as bad a youtube fucking youtube keeps moving the damn like button!

You're damn right modding isn't a competition, but the modders themselves treat it as a popularity contest anyway. Thus this comic strip applies.

No, even then the comic doesn't apply. Nobody downloads and endorses a mod they don't enjoy. Which is what the comic is about when you apply it to the modding scene. You don't get anything by trying. People don't like your mod, they won't download and endorse it, no matter how hard you tried or how much effort you put into it. I think the general tone here was that the wrong mods are popular, which is entirely another matter. When you fail, you fail - either if it is a spelling contest or trying to create a mod. It's simple as that, really - additional malice from onlookers is not needed. The comic is about people asking for praise and admiration even when they failed, not about kicking someone in the face because they failed.

Think about it. When you fail in a spelling contest, the jury will tell you that you did. There is no need for others to point and laugh at the ones that failed.

When you create a mod that nobody likes, you failed (if your goal was to create a popular mod). The fact that nobody downloads it means you failed. You don't need additional people coming at you and rub salt into your wounds. That's something douchebags do.

That's that. But mostly I got the impression that people here hated not the popularity contest itself, they were angry because the wrong ones won it. Which is, again, "you don't do what I want" aka special snowflakes being special snowflakes.

I'd like to add my opinion but since i'm a "mods bashing elitist" i guess I'm no longer allowed to comment anymore. 

No, you're not. Only downloaders opinions count now, since they are the ones who know what makes a good mod and what doesn't.  It doesn't matter anyway.  Modders like me are in a popularity contest and YOU KNOW how worried I am about being popular.  In fact, I was so worried that when I uploaded to Nexus I always begged for endorsements and downloads.  That's why I always put 'Download it or don't.  It makes do difference to me.' on my upload pages...because I'm in a competition. :dodgy:

Archived