Banned from Nexus

weaselheart

To reply to the frist post of this topic. I, personally, do feel that the nexus is way to strict with their rule system. To be frank, I'm actually scared to post anything. Peroid. Despite the fact that the things I have posted on the nexus are friendly and honest, I fear that even the slightest wiff of flaming, trolling, or what have you. Will get me insta-banned.

My fear comes from how massive the nexus has become. Its the best modding website by far for bethesda games, and its an invaluable resource to me. Modding has become one of my biggest hobbies, and having access to tons of amazing and fun mods to enjoy, and even use as resources / bases to make my own personal mods. Its something that I don't want to loose.

The thing I strongly disagree wtih, is revoking one's access to the nexus entirely through IP bans. Which I think is so preposterous. Sure, they have ban appeals, but the fact that you're not given a second chance is wrong. The least they could do, is just set your account to where you can't post comments, use the forums, or use site chat, and still allow these users to access files.

Addtionally, I disagree with them banning someone just beacuse they "Think," their pirates. I was reading the account stirkes and bans the other day, and a user was using the site chat. When they where asked where did they get their copy of skyrim. They left. The user was then banned just because that had a remote "suspicion" that they where a pirate. What if this user had to deal with a real life event? Or something else required their attention, thus, prompting them to leave.

Forgive my long post, but this is something that's been bothering me for a long time now. :)

I got banned as well, three times. The first time was for making several admittedly rude comments on mods I found rather stupid. A mistake, I know, I should be polite, but I had no warning, the moderator just banned me. Mind you, I had only talked with this mod in the chat room once. He kicked me for my opinions, I came back, acted polite and casual, didn't even talk to him, and he banned me.
Second time was for making a new account, because I love Skyrim and the mod site, and had been testing for a race mod, so I wanted to keep doing that for the author.
Entered the chat room, moderator was still there, banned me just because the name was similar. I didn't even say anything.
Third time, another account, didn't even go in the chat room. Just woke up this morning to find they BANNED MY IP ADDRESS.

So here I am.
Sorry if that sounds like a sob story, I don't need pity. I just want people to understand how ridiculous that is.

iirc it's an ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold Warhammer 40K game. released before Fire Warrior and the first Dawn of War.

i know and it has the 2nb MOST FUCKAWESOME OST EVER, losing only to Final Liberation, DAT MANLY HOLT

i even re-installed FL again(i have the cd)

its still AWESOME!

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57904/?

[Credits]

KOEI and Nerodemon for models and textures

Xunian for Character face Edit and taking pictures

Myself for all the parts

CXX govern for fxxking rising housing price and taxs

JXX govern for foolish decision on many affairs

Probably won't end well for this guy.

As expected the usual purist barges in. 

post-95254-0-14340600-1410154533_thumb.jpg

This is how to become a banhammer magnet.

To be fair it's the same people in every post defending these mods. Since they can't possibly be using everyone of these mods, they have to be confrontation junkies. Which makes them worst than the bashers since they defend something they never use and move on to defend the next mod. Bashers only leave one nasty comment and leave, they usually they spur on a forum war once the white knights ride in.

Same thing happened this thread dude.  White knights charge in, 'correct' anyone one that doesn't adhere to their high moral standards, use the same tactics they chastise other people for, claim they are not hypocrites, and then ride on to the next battle.

Yeah.. and people fought them instead of ignoring them and continuing what they were doing like a proper black knight. I have a good habit of doing that. The best thing about it, is that you know that you have an audience and half of it is wasting their time disagreeing with you instead of leaving.

A black knight doesn't fight white knights. They keep doing what they want and let the white knights constant complaining bump their thread. Why? Cause no matter what a white knight says to you "Tis just a flesh wound!"

And nothing is gained from bashing on a mod either. So in the end, both sides are trying to win a medal in the Special Olympics.

So what color is your medal?

I didn't qualify for one. Though I'm sure you carry multiple gold medals like many of the other mod bashers here. ;)

I never bashed on anyone's mods or defended them either. So I don't fall into your category. I simply said it was pointless to bash on a mod. It serves no purpose, yet you guys are the ones who are stating that bashing on a mod is perfectly fine to do. Because you guys are the ones that feel your opinion of "this is a stupid mod" is important and everyone needs to know it.

Sorry but there's nothing constructive and nothing that provides any feedback to the author by saying "your mod is dumb". Which in turn, means it is pointless and serves no purpose.

Oh but it does serve a purpose. It's just not a very healthy one. And sometimes it's not even justified by the basher's own standards. Like here, from this very thread:

http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/57538/?

CONGRATULATIONS!
You did nothing new, in fact, you did shit!

XP32 did it a year ago and he did it well, you attempted literally the same thing but yours looks weird~

It's even the same fucking ponytail, you fuck! Good job.

Well, guess what. The author just uploaded his third HDT hair. And he is also a member of LL: http://www.loverslab.com/user/208106-bbdlqek1/

Personally I would just classify this thread as toxic. Which is my guilty pleasure, I admit - stirring up the comfort zone of people that display toxic behavior. For all the things they dish out they normally can't take a simple "I'm disagreeing with you" without throwing at least a medium tantrum. But that's just me, I think LL as a whole would be better off without such things.

Oh but it does serve a purpose. It's just not a very healthy one. And sometimes it's not even justified by the basher's own standards. Like here, from this very thread:

http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/57538/?

CONGRATULATIONS!

You did nothing new, in fact, you did shit!

XP32 did it a year ago and he did it well, you attempted literally the same thing but yours looks weird~

It's even the same fucking ponytail, you fuck! Good job.

Well, guess what. The author just uploaded his third HDT hair. And he is also a member of LL: http://www.loverslab.com/user/208106-bbdlqek1/

Personally I would just classify this thread as toxic. Which is my guilty pleasure, I admit - stirring up the comfort zone of people that display toxic behavior. For all the things they dish out they normally can't take a simple "I'm disagreeing with you" without throwing at least a medium tantrum. But that's just me, I think LL as a whole would be better off without such things.

Bad example considering the fact that the poster likes to troll around a lot. And everyone in the post at the time knew that. And also on the same page someone points out that it's not even the same hair from the ponytail pack. That was before the white knights came in, and that post gave the mod a lot of new downloads considering that fact that this thread gets a good amount of lurkers. There's no bad publicity for mods.

The only thing toxic in this thread is the posters who don't want it to exist but refuse to stop bumping it...

And nothing is gained from bashing on a mod either. So in the end, both sides are trying to win a medal in the Special Olympics.

So what color is your medal?

I didn't qualify for one. Though I'm sure you carry multiple gold medals like many of the other mod bashers here. ;)

I never bashed on anyone's mods or defended them either. So I don't fall into your category. I simply said it was pointless to bash on a mod. It serves no purpose, yet you guys are the ones who are stating that bashing on a mod is perfectly fine to do. Because you guys are the ones that feel your opinion of "this is a stupid mod" is important and everyone needs to know it.

Sorry but there's nothing constructive and nothing that provides any feedback to the author by saying "your mod is dumb". Which in turn, means it is pointless and serves no purpose.

I've been keeping my mouth shut about it but enough is enough...

You've been saying the same thing for about 10 pages now... want to add anything to this thread? Like post a link to an unjust ban or something! Don't just bash the people in this thread every single page!

And if you don't feel like posting a link to a unjust ban or a mod that might get someone banned... then why are really in here?

Archived