Banned from Nexus

weaselheart

People showcase mods with screenshots taken in the deepest most darkest blackblackblack environments to hide what their mod/outfit/armor/body really looks like. It's like on ebay where people take really bad/crappy/blurry/out of focus pictures with their digital camera's and then upload them for their items. It is used to lie/scam/cheat you buy the item and find out it was worse then what it really was in the pictures because they use those tactic to hide what the item really looks like. 

I'm serious, what's Discworld?

If you haven't read the books you are seriously missing out.

Psh I am like the worlds worst scripter but as I did trim carpentry from like the age of 12 I can easily fubar and BS my way around shit and seem good

I don't even have my CK set up to read Papyrus the way it is supposed to.  That's how much I want to script for Skyrim.

Basically I just want to add a book that once read, will give the player a dummy perk to allow crafting the arrows.  Buy the book from Calcelmo in Markarth.  Adding an item to a vendor is no big deal.  Blow dart pygmies can figure that out.  They could probably script for what I want too, if they were willing.  I'm not.  :P  *grabs blow gun and hand full of darts and runs away from Skyrim scripting*

Actor Property PlayerRef Auto
Perk Property YourPerk Auto
Event OnRead()
     PlayerRef.AddPerk(YourPerk)
EndEvent

Put this script onto the book and have fun :)

I got blacklisted a few months ago trying to appeal a ban. Anyone know how I can get a hold of DarkOne?

Sorry to burst your bubble but even if you do contact the Dorkone directly he will just tell you to go through the one who issued the ban, the moderator who banned you has the last word in your banishment from the Nexus cesspool. Your one and only appeal was basically your final chance to get your old account un-banned. Your best path at this point is to just contact your ISP provider and ask them to issue you a new ISP address and open a new Nexus account. This time, however, do the smart thing and avoid any contact with other members, just get your mods and run like hell. 

Actually on this note, you are wrong

My ban was lifted by direct contact to Robin, although if I remember right I emailed and used my wifes nexus account to PM him but still, he owns the site he does have the last say. Whether he is inclined to read it or not is another story, just sayin :P

How long ago was that?

Early this year

Well, this is clearly what was missing from my game.

Now I can play Skyrim at a stunning 2 frames per second proud that I've gone and fixed those stupid grasses no one fucking notices.

....... I use that mod because I notice things like that.

I love Ewi65's mods. Especially all their texture mods. They look great. Even their ini settings are awesome as well. Full descriptions inside the ini to help new players with setting up their ini files.

I didn't realize this was a thread where we bash on random modders' work.......

Now I can play Skyrim at a stunning 2 frames per second proud that I've gone and fixed those stupid grasses no one fucking notices.

I love Ewi65's mods. Especially all their texture mods. They look great. Even their ini settings are awesome as well. Full descriptions inside the ini to help new players with setting up their ini files.

its called sarcasm spyder

Errors like this makes people like Randy Marsh being Coaches in the Sarcastaball

Errors like this makes people like Randy Marsh being Coaches in the Sarcastaball

Sarcasm doesn't translate well in text. And sarcasm or not, what does insulting someone's mod have to do with being banned from the Nexus?

Edit: And from seeing their previous posts in this thread, all they are doing is just trash talking random mods. So exactly what does that have to do with being banned from Nexus again?

Sarcasm doesn't translate well in text. And sarcasm or not, what does insulting someone's mod have to do with being banned from the Nexus?

Edit: And from seeing their previous posts in this thread, all they are doing is just trash talking random mods. So exactly what does that have to do with being banned from Nexus again?

We are bored =(

Guest endgameaddiction

Sad isn't it? Especially when it comes from those that don't contribute or even play the game.

Guest corespore

I got blacklisted a few months ago trying to appeal a ban. Anyone know how I can get a hold of DarkOne?

Sorry to burst your bubble but even if you do contact the Dorkone directly he will just tell you to go through the one who issued the ban, the moderator who banned you has the last word in your banishment from the Nexus cesspool. Your one and only appeal was basically your final chance to get your old account un-banned. Your best path at this point is to just contact your ISP provider and ask them to issue you a new ISP address and open a new Nexus account. This time, however, do the smart thing and avoid any contact with other members, just get your mods and run like hell. 

Actually on this note, you are wrong

My ban was lifted by direct contact to Robin, although if I remember right I emailed and used my wifes nexus account to PM him but still, he owns the site he does have the last say. Whether he is inclined to read it or not is another story, just sayin :P

How long ago was that?

Early this year

You do have to admit that your case is an exception to what is basically a rule. I would also guess it has allot to do with what a person is banned for as well. 

People showcase mods with screenshots taken in the deepest most darkest blackblackblack environments to hide what their mod/outfit/armor/body really looks like. It's like on ebay where people take really bad/crappy/blurry/out of focus pictures with their digital camera's and then upload them for their items. It is used to lie/scam/cheat you buy the item and find out it was worse then what it really was in the pictures because they use those tactic to hide what the item really looks like. 

So basically, it's the modder's equivalent of a fat girl angle shot.

Got it.

Wow I didn't know we weren't allowed to discuss mods, whether it's negative or positive criticism doesn't matter. If you don't want to participate leave the thread. I've posted several mods that I thought were good and several that I thought were bad.

Most of the mods we post on this thread are mods that are breaking the Nexus rules and will get that person banned. It's funny from an outside prospective but if the person is actually good then we could direct them to this site and get more solid modders.

With that being said nobody insulted Ewi65's mod/s so put that back in your pocket. I can't run their mods without losing fps either, doesn't make them bad just bad for me.

There are some mods that are controversial enough to cause posters in Nexus to bash each other in comment wars or to insult the mod or the author that it's hot enough to bring in the ban-hammer; some with intent to troll, to insult one's intelligence or make eyes roll, or make themselves outstanding examples of how not to do it.

Nexus is like the Fanfiction.net or deviantART for game modding.

I'm still on page 39, but reading through this I got to thinking: Am I on their list of "Shalt Not Ban"?  I'm not going to test it, and since I don't go there anymore I really don't care, but SPS has over 30k downloads, and while 115 endorsements isn't a whole lot, it really is the only true "Adult" (Robert's Bodies is #5, SPS is #4) mod in the top five list of Adult Top mods on Morrowind Nexus. Like I said, I really don't care, but I noticed that some folks were talking about someone who got banned in my comments (this was back in 2010), and when I told them to can the discussion and it was up to people to follow the rules the mods blocked comments on my page and haven't enabled them again. Still, no warning or restrictions or threats of a ban on me. *Shrug* Fact is that, SPS stands for Simple Prostitution System, so I couldn't, and wouldn't try, to claim it isn't a sex mod. I guess that since my disagreements with Budda (ought to call himself Bubba) were a year before and I hadn't argued and stayed out of most of the forums...whatever, I don't really care.  I'm here, I'm happy.

Well, hello, my fellow banned from Nexus friends. I feel honoured to join your group. I just got banned for absolutely no reason. Talking in the chat room, admin says "I think it's been long enough", and bam. No rules broken, no nothing. 

So, expect an LL exclusive Dwemer mod that will add a massive, living, breathing Dwemer city to Skyrim!

Here it is, 30 hours in, in it's alpha alpha beta stage: http://puu.sh/bdkft/a2c98f29ff.jpg

Wow I didn't know we weren't allowed to discuss mods, whether it's negative or positive criticism doesn't matter. If you don't want to participate leave the thread. I've posted several mods that I thought were good and several that I thought were bad.

Most of the mods we post on this thread are mods that are breaking the Nexus rules and will get that person banned. It's funny from an outside prospective but if the person is actually good then we could direct them to this site and get more solid modders.

With that being said nobody insulted Ewi65's mod/s so put that back in your pocket. I can't run their mods without losing fps either, doesn't make them bad just bad for me.

Maybe you should read the rules here before telling other people to leave. For your convenience: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/292-rules/

The biggest and most important thing of this community, is that the modders come first. They are the ones who make this community worth coming to, they are the ones enabling you to even play these mods.  Meaning if you don't like the way a mod is going, don't be a jerk about it, they can take the mod in whatever direction they want. Don't like it? Then make your own release and put the work in yourself. Find a bug or issue that needs to be fixed? Don't be a jerk about it and raise your concerns and feedback in a constructive manner.

Umm what? Did you not read at all what I was even talking about and who I was originally talking about?

There is a difference between negative criticism and straight up bashing/insulting a mod. Maybe you should go back and actually read what I was talking about first before you tell me "if you don't want to participate leave the thread". This thread is about people that got banned from Nexus. Not what mods are bad or good. So you shouldn't be telling people to leave a thread if they don't want to participate in an off-topic discussion. You should be the one who should leave the thread and continue your off-topic discussion in a new thread. Not derail threads for your own amusement.

Next time read what is going on before you make a response.

Maybe you should read the rules here before telling other people to leave. For your convenience: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/292-rules/

The biggest and most important thing of this community, is that the modders come first. They are the ones who make this community worth coming to, they are the ones enabling you to even play these mods.  Meaning if you don't like the way a mod is going, don't be a jerk about it, they can take the mod in whatever direction they want. Don't like it? Then make your own release and put the work in yourself. Find a bug or issue that needs to be fixed? Don't be a jerk about it and raise your concerns and feedback in a constructive manner.

What do the rules have to do with anything? Nobody is running to these modders and bashing their mods on their mod pages. This thread is contained. Some people fume and rage a bit but it doesn't leave the thread and it doesn't run out of it to said modders. And honestly nobodies mod really gets bashed at all, since half the links to mod pages involve people redirecting people to other work or making silly placeholder pages. Actual mods that get posted are either duplicate mods or pirate material and when it's an legit mod it is never a bash usually someone will say something fresh to spark up the conversation.

Hence the leave if you don't like it remark, not everyone will like the flow of this thread. It's about getting banned and the surrounding general topic of the Nexus machine, if you don't like that topic or whats being posted don't come into the thread. It's not like we are making you come in here if you don't like it.

Umm what? Did you not read at all what I was even talking about and who I was originally talking about?

There is a difference between negative criticism and straight up bashing/insulting a mod. Maybe you should go back and actually read what I was talking about first before you tell me "if you don't want to participate leave the thread". This thread is about people that got banned from Nexus. Not what mods are bad or good. So you shouldn't be telling people to leave a thread if they don't want to participate in an off-topic discussion. You should be the one who should leave the thread and continue your off-topic discussion in a new thread. Not derail threads for your own amusement.

Next time read what is going on before you make a response.

You didn't read mines either >_>

Like I said in my post nobody bashed the mod. If someone says that the mod drops their fps to 2, it's because their PC can't run it, it isn't a bash it's a fact. Which is obvious sarcasm hence Duoleb's comment. Just because you're PC can run it and you love the mod, doesn't mean that someone who doesn't use it for system reasons and points that fact out is bashing it. He was just making conversation it's not a crime, you can go off topic every once in a while in an expansive thread like this.

You didn't read mines either >_>

Like I said in my post nobody bashed the mod. If someone says that the mod drops their fps to 2, it's because their PC can't run it, it isn't a bash it's a fact. Which is obvious sarcasm hence Duoleb's comment. Just because you're PC can run it and you love the mod, doesn't mean that someone who doesn't use it for system reasons and points that fact out is bashing it. He was just making conversation it's not a crime, you can go off topic every once in a while in an expansive thread like this.

Again, you didn't read what originally started this conversation. You just went off the last post I responded to. Here you go.

And then of course all their previous posts in this thread that is just more of the same about different mods as well. There is a big difference between constructive criticism, negative or positive, and just straight up bashing on a mod. This is not constructive criticism. And yes, this is Ewi65's mod, but that's besides the point.

I'm all for criticism of mods and giving your opinion on it. More power to you. But keep it constructive. What is above, is in no way constructive. And seeing as those textures in particular are the same size as vanilla textures, saying they'll drop you to 2 frames per second makes no sense (yes I know, exaggerating, but you get my point). Unless you can barely run Skyrim as it is, then some texture replacer is the least of your worries. Now they are just complaining to complain, and there is nothing constructive about that. I honestly don't see the point in finding some random mod that you would never use any ways, and then going on some rant about it just because. What purpose does it serve exactly?

Sorry but if some vanilla sized texture is going to destroy your game, then why are you even bothering to look at texture replacers in the first place? And then come complain about something that you will never even bother with in the first place? I don't see them releasing any mods for Skyrim or contributing in any way, so who are they to complain about other's work that they will never use? Just ignore it and move on.

Well, hello, my fellow banned from Nexus friends. I feel honoured to join your group. I just got banned for absolutely no reason. Talking in the chat room, admin says "I think it's been long enough", and bam. No rules broken, no nothing. 

So, expect an LL exclusive Dwemer mod that will add a massive, living, breathing Dwemer city to Skyrim!

Here it is, 30 hours in, in it's alpha alpha beta stage: http://puu.sh/bdkft/a2c98f29ff.jpg

Lol

Admitting piracy isn't the brightest on nexus :P or even alluding to it 

But if that's a interior cell want to add to Discworld? :P

Lol

Admitting piracy isn't the brightest on nexus :P or even alluding to it 

But if that's a interior cell want to add to Discworld? :P

I didn't admit to piracy :D

What do you mean?

What do the rules have to do with anything? Nobody is running to these modders and bashing their mods on their mod pages. This thread is contained. Some people fume and rage a bit but it doesn't leave the thread and it doesn't run out of it to said modders. And honestly nobodies mod really gets bashed at all, since half the links to mod pages involve people redirecting people to other work or making silly placeholder pages. Actual mods that get posted are either duplicate mods or pirate material and when it's an legit mod it is never a bash usually someone will say something fresh to spark up the conversation.

Hence the leave if you don't like it remark, not everyone will like the flow of this thread. It's about getting banned and the surrounding general topic of the Nexus machine, if you don't like that topic or whats being posted don't come into the thread. It's not like we are making you come in here if you don't like it.

The rules say clearly that you shouldn't be a jerk and to not bash mods. If you don't like the available mods, make your own. And this thread isn't contained, it's freely available for everyone to see - the modding community is pretty intertwined. Most modders are active on LL, the nexus and their own blogs. If this was the shitpost general thread or something along the lines I think nobody would really care, especially if you put a disclaimer on the OP that everything you read here should be taken with a grain of salt. But as it is now, this thread is called "Banned from Nexus". Hate the nexus all you want, but bashing modders is another thing. One of the modders that gets banned on nexus next might be the next one that registers on LL and sooner or later he may stumble upon this thread. It's the thing to do after you got banned because this right here is the thread for it.

If there is anything that reminds me of the nexus here on LL, it's this very thread.

Archived