Banned from Nexus

weaselheart

Did someone tested the Combat mod?

Which one?

the mod of the month

I haven't tried it, but it says it doesn't have scripts so it should be safe for testing.

It works fine. It's really no different than any of the other no script combat mods. Better off just using Ultimate combat, at least that does the same thing but adds more animation and has visual ques (also has the ability to turn some enemies changes off through the MCM!)

Truthfully It's only really popular because ERSOs was taken down after the ban. I'm using it in place of ERSOs for testing and it's pretty much the same. Enemies act exactly the same!

He promoted his own mod. It's a big no-no there. Then his friend made an account and hosted the mods for him (since everyone wanted them!). Then they banned his friend for "being the same person". Even though they were both active on ERSOs own mod site >_> Nexus doesn't need proof just needs to hate someone enough.

http://erkeilmods.altervista.org/skyrim/category/news/

He promoted his own mod. It's a big no-no there. Then his friend made an account and hosted the mods for him (since everyone wanted them!). Then they banned his friend for "being the same person". Even though they were both active on ERSOs own mod site >_> Nexus doesn't need proof just needs to hate someone enough.

http://erkeilmods.altervista.org/skyrim/category/news/

I checked out the link.  WHY are his mods not welcomed at Nexus?  Why would he be banned for mod promotion?  Am confused. :-/

He made a few extra accounts to boost his mods to hotfiles (4 to be exact). (to over take the followers and other crappy mods) They didn't like that and banned him. He was kinda like fuck you I'll just upload my stuff else where. Which Nexus (Not even gonna name drop him) hates even more. You can shit on the Nexus' grandmothers lap but uploading your mod to competition is the worst thing you can do in their eyes. So when his friend uploaded his mods (since they were obviously good and missed, plus he was still updating them!) He helped his friend answer questions about the mod for the fans that downloaded them. Nexus didn't like that (still but hurt and swore) and banned the friend saying that he was just Erkeil in disguise. Removing the mods which got hotfiles one after another for weeks straight on re-upload and I think Enhanced Enemy AI (the mod I was telling corespore about) got voted mod of the month. Was one of the more impressive months since they had back to back legit good mods....

Thanks for the answer.  Taking a wild stab in the dark here, Dante banned him.  Talented Modder + mods that bring an assload of site traffic = Dante sabotaging Dark0ne's forum revenue with a ban.  And what the fuck do they care anyway?  One less good mod means people are speed clicking on shitty ones in an attempt to find something good.

That Mod of the Month thing is a sham anyway.  Back when eronel55 uploaded Mojave Delight for New Vegas the mod skyrocketed on ratings and was on the top download list and in the top three for Mod of the Month.  About three weeks later is was #1.  Eronel emailed me with 'DUDE, we're gonna get mod of the month!' and I told him not to get his hopes up.  Sure enough there was an announcement that there wasn't a winner for mod of the month so they refeatured the mod that won the month before.  The next month Mojave Delight was in the top three again and a mod that wasn't even in the top 25 won.  That's when eronel stopped uploading.  He didn't stop modding, he stopped uploading.  I had already stopped long before that because of the way I was being treated there.  It didn't effect me because I knew what the staff was like.  Eronel didn't know and he was heartbroken because of the amount of work that went into the mod.

Nexus is like a cat box.  The staff there shits and then buries it, but you can still smell the stink.

Yeah, I know since the friend I was talking about is relliossavini the maker of the popular populated skyrim mods that where on the Nexus for a long time. He pretty much knew for a fact that RS and Erkeil were not the same person but it gave him a reason to ban RS for being friends with an "enemy of the Nexus." And like I said the mods just get replaced. With the new combat mod ERSOs was replaced as well. I'm waiting to see who's next. Probably not anyone from the remaining "dream team" but there are still a few modders with popular mods that can go down.

The unbannable Dream team being : Arthmoor, LifesTorRock, EnaiSiaion, InsanitySorrow, Isoku, 3jiou, tktk1, Apollodown, AceeQ, formerly Erkeil. If all of these guys move out everyone will follow. Hell once Witanlore's kickstarter is over in 3 days most of them will be busy with a professional project!

The unbannable Dream team being : Arthmoor, LifesTorRock, EnaiSiaion, InsanitySorrow, Isoku, 3jiou, tktk1, Apollodown, AceeQ, formerly Erkeil. If all of these guys move out everyone will follow. Hell once Witanlore's kickstarter is over in 3 days most of them will be busy with a professional project!

While some of them are definitely in their ivory towers or have huge egos (no offense, but some girl modders are quite more defensive and tend to be vote/like magnets), others are prudent enough not to wag their tongues too much despite their fame.

BTW, tktk1 has his blog and Twitter for which to put out personal announcements.

Make a helpful comment to a Poster to grab a Maximum Compatability Skeleton and install it last with OBMM, to fix the lack of movement on an AlienSlof Outfit. Face the wrath of the Hive Mind. She was a Moderator at the time and knew what I meant, but Her Fanatics...

I was Banned By Vagrant0 for telling a Poster where a Mod could be found, and the Poster I helped uploaded the Mod back onto the Nexus. One Month later I am helping Someone trying to install HGEC and clicked Send...

I was caught by the Prudence Police, around the same time the Moderators were Trolls in hammering People uploading "Adult" Images. A few non English speaking Mod Makers were afraid to Post Clothing and Armor Mods.

But Arthmoor made fun of SoS. Doesn't that make him an insecure little prick that only used the gym shower with his trunks on or something like that?

Anyway, he once released a build of the unofficial patches that introduced a gamebreaking bug with soul gems / soul traps which basically nuked your save. Instead of releasing a hotfix asap he was like "nah, the scheduled patch is in 3 days, we won't release anything until then".

Well, seems like the thread was deleted/moved to the moderators only section or whatever (guess why), but here's a post on /tesg/ mentioning it:

http://4chanarchive.net/threads/vg/The-Elder-Scrolls-General-tesg-/60599509#p60603778

Yeah... It's made by a team like I just said. Releasing a hotfix would require the person who made the hotfix to be finished the hotfix. They were not. I had installed that USKP version was checking on AFK mods, you know the site where the mod is made. They had to wait for people to get back from RL stuff. 3 days isn't too long. Look at the popular follower mods. People are using them still even if they have tons of problems and their authors pretty much say fuck you (AFT pretty much did in the readme) and ended up abandoning the mods. I can't wait till Expired finishes his so we can throw UFO and AFT in the trash.

UFO is trash now. Updating stopped just before Dawnguard was released. A "hotfix" was released to make Serana compatible then he abandoned the mod and probably Skyrim. AFT is updated to Dawnguard and Dragonborn in the litest fashion (follower support for the main followers the rest kinda just work). The Author said that he doesn't think of Hearthfire as DLC and refused to support it even though other people made the compatibility for him and all he had to do was add it. So he made is mod have problems with official DLC just because then abandons the mod. If anyone remembers Oblivions horse armor DLC, you know that Hearthfire was real DLC lol.

Yeah... It's made by a team like I just said. Releasing a hotfix would require the person who made the hotfix to be finished the hotfix. They were not. I had installed that USKP version was checking on AFK mods, you know the site where the mod is made. They had to wait for people to get back from RL stuff. 3 days isn't too long. Look at the popular follower mods. People are using them still even if they have tons of problems and their authors pretty much say fuck you (AFT pretty much did in the readme) and ended up abandoning the mods. I can't wait till Expired finishes his so we can throw UFO and AFT in the trash.

The guy who found the problem was a professional programmer and had fixed the problem already, Arthmoor however didn't want to. He was more worried about his ego - said that the programmer was arrogant because he pointed out that this bug had a devastating effect on your saves. Essentially, he didn't care what happened to people using his patch. Otherwise he would have pulled the plug until the fixed version was up. I mean, the USKP isn't there to add new stuff which always bears the risk of breaking things, it's there for fixing the bugs Bethesda didn't care to fix. This version of the patch actually made it much worse than vanilla Skyrim and he was all like "yeah, not my problem."

You can remove that with the save cleaner :P Those kinda of problems also can be fixed if you break the loop but it's best to just use the cleaner. People who don't know what they are doing can even pull that off. Finishing some vanilla quests (restoration master quest is one, mind of madness being another) and playing for too long cause that to happen as well which is why I am familiar with the problem.

The problem you are talking about only happened to people that over wrote the fix though modding. Meaning that it happened when the fix was able to execute fully because another mod removes it from maybe a weapon or effect. They didn't add conditions to prevent that. Which was the fix. I always make my own compatibility patches for all of my mods so that the USKPs are not being overwritten when its in my best interests, so obviously I didn't run into said problem.

Archived