Jump to content
Kenjoka

Slaverun Reloaded SE Beta

Recommended Posts

On 11/10/2020 at 4:22 PM, DragonSlayer022 said:

I found an issue with saving in slaverun added cells since they have an _ in their name it messes up the name of save files. As far as I know it doesn't corrupt them but it makes them not show up in that specific character's save games. All I did was rename the cells by removing the underscore and it fixed my issues with saving in those cells. If you have saves that are in a slaverun cell you can rename them to remove the slv_ and load them just fine.

Slaverun_Reloaded Renamed Cells.7z 1.52 MB · 8 downloads

Thank you for sharing this. I'm also willing to give this mod a go, if I can find and fix anything I'll post it as well.

Link to post

To all you bug chasers: since I read in the comments that the SSE version is plagued with bugs (and assuming that the same is not true of the LE version) I remembered that other ported mods I've played with have sometimes had bugs added to them by being re-saved in the CK to get form 44. An example of such issues were broken dialogue conditions causing dialogue spam. When I downloaded the original version and ported myself using SSE CK Fixes (check nexusmods), the ported plugin was identical to the original. So in the name of science, I tried to port it again using bethesda's CK without SSE CK fixes and lo - the broken conditions were introduced again. Just to be clear, I'm still referring to other mods I've tested in the past, not Slaverun Reloaded.

 

My conclusion was that, whatever fixes SSE CK Fixes introduced, they seem avoid certain bugs being added in the re-saving process. It tells me to be weary of ported mods - port authors don't usually mention whether or not their port was made using SSE CK Fixes - I still use them, only if bugs occur would I check that first.

 

Now back to Slaverun Reloaded: since this SSE port has had its plugin converted to form 44, I did this little test to the main plugin.

 

1) Installed the SSE version of Slaverun Reloaded and used the plugin shared here in the comments with the underscore removed from cell names.

1) in xEdit I deep copied everything from the SSE plugin as overrides to a new mod - the file shared here.

2) quickautocleaned the override path to get rid of ITMs

3) installed the LE version of Slaverun Reloaded

4) loaded the override and the LE version in xEdit and ran a script to remove ITPOs

 

Did a quick check to see what differences were present between versions. Some, possibly most, seem to be intentional - like dialogue fixes, unlike other mods I've referred to before, these changes to SSE dialogue records have no broken conditions, just lines that seem to have better writing. This would mean that @Kenjoka would have made some tiny changes to the SE version. Other differences made me wonder - like slave owner certificates which are scrolls in the LE version and books in the SSE version. Intentional, or a wild CK edit when re-saving? A scene seems to have a new forced crawling added which was not present in the LE version, looks like an upgrade ;) There are a few other differences that only the author or people more familiarised with the mod could tell if they are legit, or wild edits.

 

Important notice: I've played many mods from LL that have comment sections full of complaints and tantrums, people saying "this broke my game, uninstalled" or similar. Interestingly, I've been able to play most of those mods, some flawlessly, some with a little bit of patience and trying to understand what the game is doing behind the scenes. A lot of players rush through the game and don't give it time to process scripts. Some scenes require actors to physically travel from point A to point B and that takes time, they can get stuck, etc (best modding practice would probably be to teleport or to clone the actor, but bottom line is, sometimes players think a scene has stopped but it's still playing). No need to even get started on the fact that many players have huge mod builds (like mine) and don't properly check for conflicts. I've seen mod authors quit over too many of these comments. So I'm not sure how much of what I read here does mean that the SSE version of this mod is "full of bugs". I'll give it a go, and if I can find anything I'll try and fix it, or bring it to people's attention. And thanks to all of you who are already doing that.

 

I leave the file here for people who want to check it - keep in mind that this is my first contact with Slaverun Reloaded so I can't make much sense of these differences just by looking at them in xEdit. But here it is, in case there are indeed bugs to fix and this helps others find them. THIS PLUGIN IS USELESS FOR PLAYERS, it's just for debugging.

Slaverun Check.esp

Link to post
10 hours ago, petronius said:

To all you bug chasers: since I read in the comments that the SSE version is plagued with bugs (and assuming that the same is not true of the LE version) I remembered that other ported mods I've played with have sometimes had bugs added to them by being re-saved in the CK to get form 44. An example of such issues were broken dialogue conditions causing dialogue spam. When I downloaded the original version and ported myself using SSE CK Fixes (check nexusmods), the ported plugin was identical to the original. So in the name of science, I tried to port it again using bethesda's CK without SSE CK fixes and lo - the broken conditions were introduced again. Just to be clear, I'm still referring to other mods I've tested in the past, not Slaverun Reloaded.

 

My conclusion was that, whatever fixes SSE CK Fixes introduced, they seem avoid certain bugs being added in the re-saving process. It tells me to be weary of ported mods - port authors don't usually mention whether or not their port was made using SSE CK Fixes - I still use them, only if bugs occur would I check that first.

 

Now back to Slaverun Reloaded: since this SSE port has had its plugin converted to form 44, I did this little test to the main plugin.

 

1) Installed the SSE version of Slaverun Reloaded and used the plugin shared here in the comments with the underscore removed from cell names.

1) in xEdit I deep copied everything from the SSE plugin as overrides to a new mod - the file shared here.

2) quickautocleaned the override path to get rid of ITMs

3) installed the LE version of Slaverun Reloaded

4) loaded the override and the LE version in xEdit and ran a script to remove ITPOs

 

Did a quick check to see what differences were present between versions. Some, possibly most, seem to be intentional - like dialogue fixes, unlike other mods I've referred to before, these changes to SSE dialogue records have no broken conditions, just lines that seem to have better writing. This would mean that @Kenjoka would have made some tiny changes to the SE version. Other differences made me wonder - like slave owner certificates which are scrolls in the LE version and books in the SSE version. Intentional, or a wild CK edit when re-saving? A scene seems to have a new forced crawling added which was not present in the LE version, looks like an upgrade ;) There are a few other differences that only the author or people more familiarised with the mod could tell if they are legit, or wild edits.

 

Important notice: I've played many mods from LL that have comment sections full of complaints and tantrums, people saying "this broke my game, uninstalled" or similar. Interestingly, I've been able to play most of those mods, some flawlessly, some with a little bit of patience and trying to understand what the game is doing behind the scenes. A lot of players rush through the game and don't give it time to process scripts. Some scenes require actors to physically travel from point A to point B and that takes time, they can get stuck, etc (best modding practice would probably be to teleport or to clone the actor, but bottom line is, sometimes players think a scene has stopped but it's still playing). No need to even get started on the fact that many players have huge mod builds (like mine) and don't properly check for conflicts. I've seen mod authors quit over too many of these comments. So I'm not sure how much of what I read here does mean that the SSE version of this mod is "full of bugs". I'll give it a go, and if I can find anything I'll try and fix it, or bring it to people's attention. And thanks to all of you who are already doing that.

 

I leave the file here for people who want to check it - keep in mind that this is my first contact with Slaverun Reloaded so I can't make much sense of these differences just by looking at them in xEdit. But here it is, in case there are indeed bugs to fix and this helps others find them. THIS PLUGIN IS USELESS FOR PLAYERS, it's just for debugging.

Slaverun Check.esp 188.44 kB · 0 downloads

 

Not sure if I follow everything, but it's always nice to see someone digging into this mod.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're basically playing Slaverun with the LE version plus the attached plugin ?  Or did you manage to build a new Slaverun SSE esp that's cleaner than the one from Kenjoka ?

Link to post
1 hour ago, mangalo said:

 

Not sure if I follow everything, but it's always nice to see someone digging into this mod.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're basically playing Slaverun with the LE version plus the attached plugin ?  Or did you manage to build a new Slaverun SSE esp that's cleaner than the one from Kenjoka ?

Not at all. I'm going to play with the SE version. I thought I had been clear that I had no reason to think this mod was affected by any of the CK bugs I mentioned. I know from past experience with other mods that porting with Bethesda's CK can lead to wild edits being created in the process. Don't know if it's common or rare, but reading here that the SSE version has bugs (and assuming that the LE version doesn't) I was reminded of that past experience, so I did a little check. That plugin is just an override that can be used with the LE version, to check the differences between both plugins. I'm sorry, I can't put it any more plainly. On my last line on the post where I shared the plugin I stated, in capitals, that it's useless for players. If you use it with the SSE version, it will do nothing whatsoever. If you use it with the LE version, it will make it exactly like the SSE version so, if there are any bugs in the SSE plugin, they'll also be in the plugin I posted. What I did was just to isolate the changes between both versions so that other people, who are looking for bugs and know the mod better, might spot something - if there's anything there to spot. For anyone just interested in playing SR, that plugin is useless.

Link to post

I recently downloaded this mod, wanted to try it out, but I also downloaded DD 5.0, since it just came out, and is amazing. When I start a new game, It displays a message "DD 4.3 is not installed, Slaverun is disabled" or something along those lines. The MCM and everything still works, but Slavery doesn't exist/ mod doesn't start.

1) Is this supposed to happen?
2) Is the MCM working even if the mod is disabled (in game, I mean. Not esp) intended?
3) Is there a work-around or update?

Link to post
On 12/1/2020 at 8:49 PM, Meladiator said:

I recently downloaded this mod, wanted to try it out, but I also downloaded DD 5.0, since it just came out, and is amazing. When I start a new game, It displays a message "DD 4.3 is not installed, Slaverun is disabled" or something along those lines. The MCM and everything still works, but Slavery doesn't exist/ mod doesn't start.

1) Is this supposed to happen?
2) Is the MCM working even if the mod is disabled (in game, I mean. Not esp) intended?
3) Is there a work-around or update?

The mod hasn't been updated in well over a year, and reading through the past couple of pages it seems like the mod is kind of an outdated mess. I enjoyed it in LE but still leaving it off my playlist in SE for now.

Link to post
On 12/3/2020 at 4:17 AM, cweez said:

The mod hasn't been updated in well over a year, and reading through the past couple of pages it seems like the mod is kind of an outdated mess. I enjoyed it in LE but still leaving it off my playlist in SE for now.

Yeah I know... Was worth a shot tho. I read through all the comments. A shame really, playing the lowest of the low with Devious Followers Continued and SL Survival, with many add ons. This mod would top it off perfectly.

Link to post
On 12/3/2020 at 7:17 AM, cweez said:

The mod hasn't been updated in well over a year, and reading through the past couple of pages it seems like the mod is kind of an outdated mess. I enjoyed it in LE but still leaving it off my playlist in SE for now.

 

I hate calling this mod a mess... Because when you look at it, I mean really look at it... The scope of what it did is almost awe inspiring, lol. It has over FOUR THOUSAND script files... lol. I mean think about the nightmare that had to be to manage... Compiling and getting them all to work together alone... Just wow.

 

I cannot imagine being the author of this beast and not getting anxiety even at the thought of doing a massive update to this mod. Nothing but hats off to Kenjoka.

 

In the end, there are a lot of things I wish it would have done, or grew into over the years... Versions of it I would selfishly like to see today... But I think just dismissively calling it 'a mess' is a bit harsh. I would say calling it something like, 'too massive' is more appropriate, lol

 

I'd love to see a Slaverun Redux Lite someday that wasn't such a headache for the author to play with and update someday tbh.

Link to post

For now I'll edited few part of Slaverun to make it more playable.

Changes done but nothing tested:

- Upgrade to DD 5.0, I changed functions so now devices should equip and unequip correctly.

- Upgrade to animation filter to include DD filter.

- Changed slavers placement to be in whiterun, can be problem with some city mods to make it play better with SL Survival

- Few bugfixes which was mentioned before

- Includes Few patches from others authors for SLV_Utilities

- Changes with outfits for slaves, free woman, I intend to done it by bikinifier. but needs time for it. So for now they are naked.

- Maybe something more but don't remember that

 

I can publish it but I didn't tested anything so there can be bugs which can made this mod unplayable. but also I probably will have time to test it in 3 months so some time to wait.

 

Link to post
11 hours ago, Koozie said:

For now I'll edited few part of Slaverun to make it more playable.

Changes done but nothing tested:

- Upgrade to DD 5.0, I changed functions so now devices should equip and unequip correctly.

- Upgrade to animation filter to include DD filter.

- Changed slavers placement to be in whiterun, can be problem with some city mods to make it play better with SL Survival

- Few bugfixes which was mentioned before

- Includes Few patches from others authors for SLV_Utilities

- Changes with outfits for slaves, free woman, I intend to done it by bikinifier. but needs time for it. So for now they are naked.

- Maybe something more but don't remember that

 

I can publish it but I didn't tested anything so there can be bugs which can made this mod unplayable. but also I probably will have time to test it in 3 months so some time to wait.

 

Could you fix the bug with NPCs leaving scenes?

For me this was the greatest quest stopper.

Link to post
1 hour ago, prometheusx said:

Could you fix the bug with NPCs leaving scenes?

For me this was the greatest quest stopper.

It one bug which I tried fix, but without testing I can't tell if my method worked or didn't add additional bug

Link to post
23 hours ago, Koozie said:

现在,我将编辑Slaverun的一部分以使其更具可播放性。

所做的更改但未进行任何测试:

-升级到DD 5.0,我更改了功能,所以现在设备应正确配备和取消配备。

-升级到动画过滤器以包括DD过滤器。

-将奴隶的位置更改为白色,某些城市Mod可能会出现问题,以使其在SL Survival中发挥更好

-之前提到的一些错误修正

-包括来自其他作者的一些SLV_Utilities补丁

-奴隶服装的变化,自由的女人,我打算由bikinfier完成。但需要时间。所以现在他们是赤裸裸的。

-也许还有更多,但不记得了

 

我可以发布它,但我没有进行任何测试,因此可能存在使该模块无法播放的错误。但我大概也有3个月的时间来测试它,所以要等一段时间。

 

bro,can't wait to see your master piece.

btw,is there any LE version?

Link to post
On 12/4/2020 at 1:52 PM, Koozie said:

For now I'll edited few part of Slaverun to make it more playable.

Changes done but nothing tested:

- Upgrade to DD 5.0, I changed functions so now devices should equip and unequip correctly.

- Upgrade to animation filter to include DD filter.

- Changed slavers placement to be in whiterun, can be problem with some city mods to make it play better with SL Survival

- Few bugfixes which was mentioned before

- Includes Few patches from others authors for SLV_Utilities

- Changes with outfits for slaves, free woman, I intend to done it by bikinifier. but needs time for it. So for now they are naked.

- Maybe something more but don't remember that

 

I can publish it but I didn't tested anything so there can be bugs which can made this mod unplayable. but also I probably will have time to test it in 3 months so some time to wait.

 

Thank you very much for working on this.  I had wanted to explore the Slaverun mod, but as I've moved to DD5, figured it was not in the cards.  I'll be interested in seeing what you have, and reporting any issues I find.  I'm working on a test game right now to find a stable load order while I wait for DCL 9. :)

Link to post
On 12/1/2020 at 12:49 PM, Meladiator said:

I recently downloaded this mod, wanted to try it out, but I also downloaded DD 5.0, since it just came out, and is amazing. When I start a new game, It displays a message "DD 4.3 is not installed, Slaverun is disabled" or something along those lines. The MCM and everything still works, but Slavery doesn't exist/ mod doesn't start.

1) Is this supposed to happen?
2) Is the MCM working even if the mod is disabled (in game, I mean. Not esp) intended?
3) Is there a work-around or update?

It's just a couple lines to fix in the version check script.

Started playing and so far it seems alright. No crashes from having DD 5.0 rather than 4.1.
 

Slaverun SE.zip

Link to post
On 12/9/2020 at 2:16 AM, ohsnapdragon said:

It's just a couple lines to fix in the version check script.

Started playing and so far it seems alright. No crashes from having DD 5.0 rather than 4.1.


Anyway, I've only played for a few hours but I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of this mod. 

Is it buggy? Yeah. But it's still a high-quality mod, with dialogue and fun quests and pretty decent immersion if you check the 'immersive story' option in the MCM. Compared to the other sex quest mods on this site, this is one of the better ones. Not sure why everyone is trashing it so much.

Link to post
7 hours ago, aurreth said:

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but there is no starting quest.  Been in and out of Dragonreach a few times, nothing.

Check the MCM  to see what level it says the quest is available.  Make it what you want it to be and reload.  Hopefully taht will kick it into gear.

Link to post
10 hours ago, Astarte29 said:

Check the MCM  to see what level it says the quest is available.  Make it what you want it to be and reload.  Hopefully taht will kick it into gear.

Level 2.  I'm way over that lol

 

I got it to work using "setstage slv_mainquest 0".  That started the quest.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...