Share the weird quirks of your modded Skyrim.

Just found this on r/skyrimmods/ ??

2 points·17 minutes ago

Back when I was a dumbass newbie modder, I tried installing FNIS for cool new animations and I didn't do something right. I can't remember where exactly I went wrong, but I ended up with everyone t-posing. I didn't read the instructions well enough so I didn't know how to fix it, and I didn't want to reinstalled the game, so I just played the game anyways for 2 weeks. If you thought Skyrim's regular animations are stiff, imagine everyone floating around in a t-pose forever. I still have nightmares...

3 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Which version of EP do you have? I'm on v4.5.

I am using 4.2. I was going to update not long ago but read that the author toned things down a lot because people were complaining it was unbalanced haha. I am curious about the new additions I will be missing out on though. 

30 minutes ago, Distortedrealms said:

the new additions

Thanks, I'll try 4.2 for my next game. What are the new additions? I can get some screenshots if you want.

Edit: Just had a look at the change log and there doesn't seem to be any additions just a lot of reductions of things.

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Thanks, I'll try 4.2 for my next game. What are the new additions? I can get some screenshots if you want.

Edit: Just had a look at the change log and there doesn't seem to be any additions just a lot of reductions of things.

Oh, maybe I am confusing those changes with another mod... strange. I was sure I read comments about dopplegangers of some Skyrim characters being added later. But yeah, all I can say is at level 30 I have already run into huge green man eaters that breathe fire much like Dovakiin's temptation that are impossible to run from because they go mach speed, and giant frost trolls replacing giant bears early on.

2 hours ago, Distortedrealms said:

strange. I was sure I read comments about dopplegangers of some Skyrim characters being added later.

You did but they are in some sort of dream thing from what I read in the posts. I'd also seen them in the esp.

Interesting fight near Whistling Mine - 8 dead bandits, 4 dead goblins, 2 dead maneaters and 2 dead guards before I lost the light and couldn't find any more.

12 hours ago, Distortedrealms said:

Goblins? From Immersice Creatures?

Yep. Evil looking buggers. One of the things I have noticed in several games is that quite often after a fight with goblins one of my followers, unbeknown to me, will help herself to a goblin staff. The next fight there are fireballs or ice spikes flying around and I'm thinking 'who, what, where?' After the fight I get everyone together then draw my weapon and sure enough, one of them will draw a staff.

Ralis: "I've had it up to here with all this digging".

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Yep. Evil looking buggers. One of the things I have noticed in several games is that quite often after a fight with goblins one of my followers, unbeknown to me, will help herself to a goblin staff. The next fight there are fireballs or ice spikes flying around and I'm thinking 'who, what, where?' After the fight I get everyone together then draw my weapon and sure enough, one of them will draw a staff.

Man, I used to love those things. I used to use SIC but would always get the "Game has crashed due to actor missing TESCombatStyle form" Narrowed down to slaughter fish from sic. Tried to fix it but failed. I may give it another go for nostalgia sake using the sic unofficial patch that fixes this apparently.

8 hours ago, Distortedrealms said:

Narrowed down to slaughter fish from sic.

That's a new one on me. Never had CTDs because of SIC. (I'm on v6.5.2b apparantly).

I've had this on several occassions:

246949648_enb2018_07_1321_07_07_58.jpg.b0a8d71b4bc999780c1199dc1c4d2de4.jpg

You'd be surprised how long they can hold their breath.

I've noticed this in a few places with different NPCs. An NPC  or NPCs will be walking along when they suddenly decide to leave the road for a few metres, decide they've gone wrong and turn back.

Not a great shot but I'm talking about the Thalmor towrds the back. They turned back to the road just after I took the shot.

I was actually waiting for them to run into the wolf spam which happens at the junction but I timed my run all wrong and the first load of wolves spawned on the farms and I had just arrived where the Thalmor are in the image. It all turned out well  - me and the gels got stuck in and helped kill all the wolves then the gels decided to kill the Thalmor for some reason. The guards didn't bother and the gels let the prisoner go on his merry way.

174654270_Offthetrack.thumb.jpg.e18f3be1f0bd59804fb60d4174fa8a21.jpg

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

I've noticed this in a few places with different NPCs. An NPC  or NPCs will be walking along when they suddenly decide to leave the road for a few metres, decide they've gone wrong and turn back.

I've had that happen often as well.  I'm not sure if there is navmesh in wilderness type cells or just certain types of ground are marked walkable and other stuff isn't, but field and road blend together enough that an NPC thinks there is a shortcut but the AI can't compute far enough ahead to find out that "Nope, can't go that way" until it gets to the "edge" of whatever flat spot it tries walking.

9 hours ago, karlpaws said:

I've had that happen often as well. 

I was thinking that maybe there was originally something there which Bethesda removed but didn't sort out the path. With that patrol, the leader just turned around and headed back to the road but the rest ended up clambering over the rock outcrop in am effort to get back in line in the correct order.

8 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I was thinking that maybe there was originally something there which Bethesda removed but didn't sort out the path. With that patrol, the leader just turned around and headed back to the road but the rest ended up clambering over the rock outcrop in am effort to get back in line in the correct order.

I have had it happen in a number of areas when I end up following an NPC to see where the AI package has someone new or newly moved head. In cities I've seen NPCs take the long way around something but that's more obviously a navmesh, which I know cities as quasi-interior cells have (at least I'm pretty sure they do) but I am not sure about exterior cells. It seems a little odd that all of the world has a navmesh, though I suppose that's possible.

Just had a surreal couple of hours with all sorts of weirdness, including two NPCs from the same mod attacking each other (HSO's Enoc and the platinum blonde in the inn in Rorikstead).

While we were in Rorikstead the place was attacked by ash hoppers from HSO, either at least twice or one long drawn-out fuck-up. Also attacked by wolves, again either two attacks or one big pack. We were only there 5 minutes and in addition to the above, one of my working girls is now half-broken and no longer features in the list of 'Perhaps you would enjoy the company of .  .'

A casualty of Rorikstead.

Looks like the cow bought the farm. Those Search cows aren't cheap, you know.

Cow.thumb.jpg.9b3f8f2a904c239ceca455a793f6b2fc.jpg

This was next to the bridge near Rubbers George just before a fight with 12 or more bandits plus an Ordeal and a Sanguine's Puppy from HSO then a load more bandits turned up from somewhere and another Sanguine's Puppy.

"You iz a fucking fish, not a fucking crocodile"

1019386428_enb2019_06_2619_10_48_72.thumb.jpg.833dd904ed271d604d48d288aeda93e1.jpg

We came out of Rorikstead and up onto the moors heading for Soljunds. Not gone far when we came across a bunch of Rieklings (non-hostile) so I let the gels and the Rieklings have a do. Just past these we came across 'The Riekling's Banquet' apparantly from Enemy Plus. Umpteen Rieklings and half a dozen human captives so only one thing for it. Toggled on Random Sex and PSQ Miasma.

This is right next to Serpent's Bluff. Finished with the Rieklings and no sooner had we left their camp when Water Fish from HSO hit the Forsworn camp. She took out all the Forsworn and we took out her.

No sooner got to the trail that leads round to Soljund's when a load of bandits came tearing down from Bleakwind Bluff. Mad dog fight in the dark around the Bluff until there was only one bandit left somewhere. He was on the radar but I couldn't find him - all we could hear was 'Skyrim belongs to the Nords'. Eventually he appeared, I think he was up the Bluff somewhere and slipped off.

Wasn't even a Nord.

1753727062_enb2019_06_2621_02_13_65.thumb.jpg.ff5640a168021b90bb6a4143ce36de48.jpg

We ended up in Rebel's Cairn. I haven't got the sword so it's just the first cave while we regroup.

For whatever reason aela's bow and quiver have missing textures while equipped on her, yet the actual bow and quiver she uses do not. My game thinks i have moonlight tales installed twice, leaving me with 2 identical mcms and will occasionally cancel out any lunar transformations (which is why i usually turn that off, that and its just annoying). Also for some reason my Skyrim is very fickle about character models, more specifically female models, and if i do anything to them i will almost certainly get a neck seam on any female PC's i have (even though said seams rarely occur on NPC's)

I had around 150 mods on my normal Skyrim version but didn't use a mod manager... 

At first some armor pieces turned purple sometimes, then mudcrabs. When the skilltree screen turned purple I switched to SE and used a modmanager for it.

In SE I recently had a dead bandit in a falmer cave rotate around himself.

• 2 weeks later...

While it looks like a ridiculously scaled steel two handed sword, it might be in the zweihander category. Kinda like a pike... good against cavalry though Skyrim is notoriously lacking such. Probably also good against daedra lords, mammoths and heavily armored warriors you can just smash into the soft marshy tundra.

Good thing you've got that padded part behind the other cross guard for an extra grip (always liked that about the steel swords).

1 hour ago, karlpaws said:

a ridiculously scaled steel two handed sword,

That's just what it is. It was enchanted when we took it of the previous owner way back in the game. Nothing unusual about it when we got it. On her back it looks about the same height/length as her, i.e. the pommel sticks above her head about the same distance as the tip is from the ground.

"From the company which brought you Magnetic Wood comes . . .

. . . Anti-Gravity Goat".

Goat.thumb.jpg.ed5ff1ee2c6bc27a5376d888fd47793f.jpg

This shit right here
ScreenShot34.jpg.be63c7e471a34de3f05f4203624bd1c2.jpg

ScreenShot35.jpg.9afebbfdfe3b76fbe6cb5a8e56becef3.jpg

ScreenShot32.jpg.efde50fde4e991c8be19d19025991a0e.jpg

For those who are not OCD'ing on their waifus, the problem is those fucking eye corners. I've been using and tweaking the same character for 4 years, built her from the ground up on Racemenu, changed every single verticle on her face I literally gave birth to this woman. And for what ? A whole brand of her DNA just went on a strike ! This has been plaging me for years now, for real.