Share the weird quirks of your modded Skyrim.

Male followers spew cum all the time, for no reason at all. It was funny for a while and then stopped being funny. Loading an earlier save or re-entering the cell helped, as did switching their armor. Thing is, if they were normal, removing their armor would cause them to start spewing again. I traced it to the some spell from SOS, and eventually gave up trying when I figured out the tweaked fixes.

3 hours ago, Lostdreamer said:

This is one of the more spectacular ones! Somehow, the Tong camp on the Riften road has ended up several feet underground, with just the tips of some tents etc visible!

It's like something from Monty Python - "Ah built castle on t'swamp and y'know what? It sank, so ah built another."

Best one we've had for a while.

40 minutes ago, woodsman30 said:

Think this is bandit camps and anna's npc that does this they occupy the same exact area

Quite possibly.

I've got a load of extra stuff on the world map, precisesly so I can keep stumbling over new and interesting things or accidently run from one encounter right into the middle of another.  Leaving the road is dangerous, as the wilderness really is full of bandits, monsters, ruins and who-knows-whats.

As a result, landscape conflicts etc do occur every so often. Normally it's quite bearable stuff like trees growing through stuff or something. It can look a little weird, but it doesn't normally detract from gameplay.

Even this one is only likely to be a significant issue if I get a quest to that location that isn't solved by killing everyone and looting their bodies.

I'm not about to try and resolve every single one of them, and view it as one of the quirks of a heavily modded game.

180904031014653147.jpg

you aren't supposed to have a weapon in your hands with those animations?

1809040311014317.jpg

who forgot to close the door?

180904031142455795.jpg

trees too big?

180904031141334456.jpg

something have green blood in fallout?

180904031133351881.jpg

that's not your bow, try again

180904032043108449.jpg

so it's because of that you die before touching the ground when you jump

I've got a few quirky ones in my Skyrim. Probably the one that is both the most annoying and has the least actual effect on my game is the purple-headed werewolves. Yup, for some reason, my Skyrim doesn't want to actually show the textures for a werewolf head, so I just get the purple "missing texture" bug. The odd part is, the textures are still in the data/textures folder, so there is no reason that they shouldn't be there...except that they aren't. And this is all werewolf heads, be they on a living, breathing werewolf, or a severed head on a stake in front of the Silver Hand's places of congregation. Body textures work fine though...irritatingly enough.

Next is probably going to be the 50/50 chance of getting into the Bannered Mare. No idea what causes this, but it's a genuine coin toss as to whether or not I will make it in to the inn or be immediately redirected to my desktop. It's been going on for so long now that I've built up the muscle memory of hitting quicksave before trying to go inside, lol.

42 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Just out of curiosity, does that apply to all the doors or just the front door?

all of them. Even applies is I "coc WhiterunBanneredMare" myself in, so there must be something that has gone wrong with the cell itself...which is odd, as I don't have any mods that actually modify the Bannered Mare in anyway...at least not the actual cell.  I use RP and have one that changes the appearance of Uthgerd, but I can't see how either of those have any effect on whether or not I can enter the bloody bar or not.

25 minutes ago, Shaddranat said:

all of them. Even applies is I "coc WhiterunBanneredMare" myself in, so there must be something that has gone wrong with the cell itself...which is odd, as I don't have any mods that actually modify the Bannered Mare in anyway...at least not the actual cell.  I use RP and have one that changes the appearance of Uthgerd, but I can't see how either of those have any effect on whether or not I can enter the bloody bar or not.

It's a favorite dumping place for followers so I would make sure that one of them doesn't have a bad mesh which is causing the crash.

1 hour ago, Shaddranat said:

I have the same problem but I do have several NPC and other mods based there. Bijin Warmaidens, NPC Overhaul, Asmodea, Viktoria the Vampire (after I release her from Helgen), Whiterun Expansion Alternate Entrance (adds a couple there as well), Immersive Wenches and last but not least Radiant Prostitution. So 8 new NPCs, 4 remodels and of course the extra scripts for prostitution.

2 hours ago, Arizona_Steve said:

It's a favorite dumping place for followers so I would make sure that one of them doesn't have a bad mesh which is causing the crash.

I don't actually have any added followers in there...or at all, actually. So if one of them has a bad mesh, it's Bethesda's fault.

1 hour ago, wokking56 said:

I have the same problem but I do have several NPC and other mods based there. Bijin Warmaidens, NPC Overhaul, Asmodea, Viktoria the Vampire (after I release her from Helgen), Whiterun Expansion Alternate Entrance (adds a couple there as well), Immersive Wenches and last but not least Radiant Prostitution. So 8 new NPCs, 4 remodels and of course the extra scripts for prostitution.

Out of what you listed, the only ones I'm using are Bijin Warmaidens and Radiant Prostitution. However, I had RP turned off for quite a while and the issue was still there, so that's not responsible.  Bijin then? Though, as it just changes the NPC's appearance, I can't see how it would be causing that problem.

Goddamn mod bugs, lol.

35 minutes ago, Shaddranat said:

I don't actually have any added followers in there...or at all, actually. So if one of them has a bad mesh, it's Bethesda's fault.

Out of what you listed, the only ones I'm using are Bijin Warmaidens and Radiant Prostitution. However, I had RP turned off for quite a while and the issue was still there, so that's not responsible.  Bijin then? Though, as it just changes the NPC's appearance, I can't see how it would be causing that problem.

Goddamn mod bugs, lol.

The way the Bijin mods could cause a problem, even just Warmaidens, is that they change the NPCs to use different texture sets added by the mod. Meaning that, rather than loading the base female texture set for all female NPCs, the game has to load 4 - the vanilla set, along with at least three possible others for Bijin. Though the odd part is, it shouldn't be isolated to one single cell of the game, but you would at least see the problem elsewhere, likely as a missing texture bug, before you get a crash. Though this is dependent on at least the amount of VRAM your video card has, and possibly a card with 4gb might not have this problem, unless you have been playing for quite a while, or use a lot of High res textures. 

Are you sure you don't have anything else adding to that cell? Have you checked in TESVEdit?

13 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

The way the Bijin mods could cause a problem, even just Warmaidens, is that they change the NPCs to use different texture sets added by the mod. Meaning that, rather than loading the base female texture set for all female NPCs, the game has to load 4 - the vanilla set, along with at least three possible others for Bijin. Though the odd part is, it shouldn't be isolated to one single cell of the game, but you would at least see the problem elsewhere, likely as a missing texture bug, before you get a crash. Though this is dependent on at least the amount of VRAM your video card has, and possibly a card with 4gb might not have this problem, unless you have been playing for quite a while, or use a lot of High res textures. 

Are you sure you don't have anything else adding to that cell? Have you checked in TESVEdit?

I haven't checked it, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing else in there.

20 hours ago, Shaddranat said:

Next is probably going to be the 50/50 chance of getting into the Bannered Mare

It is a known bug due to memory allocation and scripts and not associated with just the bannered mare. It can happen at any place that has lots of scripted events ie.. College of Winterhold,  the winking skeever, Blue palace ect... There is no real rhythm or reason it can happen often or not at all on any playthrough. I have had many perfect playthroughs can go anywhere do anything but use the same exact load order on another playthrough and have just what your talking about. Sometime scripts and memory gets corrupted on a save that is just Skyrim we all know and love.

1 hour ago, woodsman30 said:

It is a known bug due to memory allocation and scripts and not associated with just the bannered mare. It can happen at any place that has lots of scripted events ie.. College of Winterhold,  the winking skeever, Blue palace ect... There is no real rhythm or reason it can happen often or not at all on any playthrough. I have had many perfect playthroughs can go anywhere do anything but use the same exact load order on another playthrough and have just what your talking about. Sometime scripts and memory gets corrupted on a save that is just Skyrim we all know and love.

That's certainly a possibility, but I'm pretty sure that's not what's going on here, because it is only the Bannered Mare, and it is in every playthrough since the first time it happened.

3 hours ago, Shaddranat said:

That's certainly a possibility, but I'm pretty sure that's not what's going on here, because it is only the Bannered Mare, and it is in every playthrough since the first time it happened.

I used to have the exact same issue. But somewhere between installing Crash Fixes and ENBoost it finally solved itself. I still quicksave before trying to enter, though, since it still happens on rare occasions.

4 hours ago, Shaddranat said:

I've had crashes in the Mare as well, though many fewer now than in the past. I also have Bijin and the Whiterun alt entrance mod and its 3 extra girls.

may not be a problem with bijin per se, but you could try to PRID the codes for Saadia and Hulda and move them to your player and see if they look ok. The other thing to try is using WAIT for a time in the mid-morning when any travelling NPCs will not be in the Inn, like Ysolda, Carlotta and Olfina (also potentially Bijin'ed but if they were an issue individually you'd see that outside).

Another thing I've found is that some mods shouldn't (according to what they say) modify the Inn, some might.  A Drunken Huntsman mod I have for some reason touched a bannister and the Mare overhaul I'm using moves that railing, so I have a floating one as a result of the other mod (until I went and fixed it at least).

On 6/17/2018 at 5:47 AM, Grey Cloud said:

The Bannered Mare obviously. That is four Spell Tomes perched up there on the beam. I can't see any way of getting up there and I don't think Hulda is going to like it if I start loosing arrows in there.

go up the stairs in the main room and jump onto the beams or use telekinesis.

On 6/17/2018 at 6:12 AM, Grey Cloud said:

MMG owes me 24 gold. I got male, female and hermaphrodite down but the fourth book went into my inventory instead of dropping to the floor. No idea what the 4th book is.

i do not, your the one that sucks as sneaking.

it's probably in the evidence chest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnQyrzjlXeI