Share the weird quirks of your modded Skyrim.

aside from the normal bugs and crashes, some of my mods apparently work unintentionally well together and create some big battles and the occasional flying calvary detachment that shows up.     

I was in the reach, minding my own business when a Giant shows up, I've never seen a giant in the reach but there he was, we started to fight, and a band of foresworn join in the fun,  then came some storm cloaks I'm assuming from the nearby camp,  in the middle of this fur ball a jet of flame and fireballs  come  from the heavens and sweeps over the grand melee yes, a Dragon shows up (deadly dragons can be fun).   I was pretty sure that last blessing had really been a curse but I fought on through and  as the last of the storm cloaks and that forsworn archer hiding up in the rocks fall, a sabretooth and the flying cavalry arrive to save the day, I let them think that at any rate I mean why hurt their feelings.  The dragon dies, the Dragonborn changed his shorts and kept on walking LOL  probably the most fun and most intense battle I've had in Skyrim.    

Never heard of a NPC getting into a Zaz torture device completely voluntarily from their standard AI before, but one of them did just that in the Bannered Mare today:

407551946_bandicam2018-07-2921-00-27-861.thumb.png.6618958db6c5792b1350295331b93836.png

Guess Ulfberth War-Bear was trying to drop some hints to the other, mostly male patrons. I walked away slowly and left...

Spoiler
7 hours ago, MrEsturk said:

Never heard of a NPC getting into a Zaz torture device completely voluntarily from their standard AI before, but one of them did just that in the Bannered Mare today:

407551946_bandicam2018-07-2921-00-27-861.thumb.png.6618958db6c5792b1350295331b93836.png

Guess Ulfberth War-Bear was trying to drop some hints to the other, mostly male patrons. I walked away slowly and left...

I had Sam Guevenne (Sanguine) do it once. But I figured, hey it's Sanguine. What's weird about that?

I try to avoid issues, or make sure the otherwise unavoidable ones are, less so. Yet something I usually come across would be instances of, perhaps vanilla content, that does not seem as well thought out as it should be. 

To be specific, I just started a character with LAL, using the Imperial Legion option. After getting the requisite progress on the quest, I left Castle Dour, and went over to the blacksmith. What possible problem could this present?

SolitudeBlacksmith1.thumb.png.f65e37db9d052a65d96394104a7b214e.png

Well, if you know what most likely is going on at the same time, you may see the problem. It seems Beirand acts almost as if he is over near the execution block, watching with the rest, and yet, he is actually not. Though this does mean, that until the event is over, and he actually realizes that, you cannot speak with him, for anything. Other than...

SolitudeBlacksmith2.thumb.png.2f933d2fc90405c7688ebfd9eb1fdc82.png

Along with similar comments...

Not sure if this is something USLEEP fixed and some other mod is reverting, or what is going on with this. 

44 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

<snip>

I've had similar issues when I start in Windhelm, with the confrontation between between the two Nords and the Dunmer woman. It fails to trigger properly and I can't interact with them because the game says they're busy. It seems that the game's scripting for those events breaks when LAL warps you to them with the starting scenarios. And no, USLEEP doesn't do a thing for either. The Oldrim versions of both are no longer updated or supported since Arthmoor switched over to Newrim exclusively.

See that woman in the cage on a pole? It was moving, the whole thing pole and all towards the building at the end of the path. At a fast jogging speed too:1031128100_bandicam2018-08-0420-31-14-245.thumb.png.e148a19d0eb45c2eff47cec05cbdf8e3.png

The giant monster on the path didn't approve and killed her. Her caged transport vanished:

2035314187_bandicam2018-08-0420-31-46-924.thumb.png.aa0e1939367ac783c0871ba85fa80957.png

On 7/31/2018 at 3:18 AM, Kuroyami said:

Not sure if this is something USLEEP fixed and some other mod is reverting, or what is going on with this.  

Had that happen damned near every time I pick solitude as a start with LAL, and aye, 's tied to the execution. A lot of weirdness can happen if'n yer don't let the execution play out. Even entering solitude by other means (Skyrim sewers or the lower windmill entrance can do it too.) Waiting a couple of hours seems to play out their scripts and reset them back to their regular routines.

On 7/31/2018 at 4:21 AM, Ernest Lemmingway said:

I've had similar issues when I start in Windhelm, with the confrontation between between the two Nords and the Dunmer woman. It fails to trigger properly and I can't interact with them because the game says they're busy.

The Windhelm one on the other hand can bork a lot o' Windhelm related stuff, particularly Blood on the Ice can fuck up if the two nords/dunmer scene doesnae play out. It never really fussed me since having Susanna the wicked as one of my windhelm thots is a pretty decent tradeoff for not having a terribad necklace. Not sure if'n it buggers up Hjerim too though, I've never actually bought the Windhelm house :3

5 minutes ago, The First Lady of Hats said:

Had that happen damned near every time I pick solitude as a start with LAL, and aye, 's tied to the execution. A lot of weirdness can happen if'n yer don't let the execution play out. Even entering solitude by other means (Skyrim sewers or the lower windmill entrance can do it too.) Waiting a couple of hours seems to play out their scripts and reset them back to their regular routines.

Yeah, he eventually does go into his dialog normally, but it gets a little irritating. Especially since I think I've seen a playthrough of SE, and if Gopher is using the patch or another mod that "fixes" Beirand(where he is actually at the execution), the thought that an LE mod, be it USLEEP  or another, doesn't fix that same problem is, similarly irritating.

I've also noticed a problem with certain city quests, wherein if you use LAL to start in any one of the walled cities, then some quests won't be available until you leave the city and re-enter it. Though this is more likely a base game issue and not caused by a mod., For example, you can get the first Potema quest if you start in Solitude, but the quest Noster has, or the quest given by Sybille? Nope. 

Yips. I've actually seen him at the execution a few times in LE, but it seems totally random if'n he makes it or not. Possibly something from his pathing borking it, since there's a lot of guards and random asshats walk up and down that ramp to the blacksmith's that can get him stuck/hold him up :3 That said, I've also seen him walk to bits and pieces instead of the execution and just stand around in the entrance for an hour before buggering off back to work. Not to mention the amount of times I've walked into solitude only to see Rogvir running through the streets with combat music playing and a few dozen guards in tow >:D

Seems a lot o' the city quests can derp out if'n yer don't step over their triggers at the right time :3

• 2 weeks later...

Well, seems like any Sneak trainers in my current game refuse to train me, saying that I already know everything they can teach me. My Sneak level is around 25.

All other trainers are fine.

Checking relevant actors and factions through TES5Edit didn't reveal anything...

Update: Turns out to be a bug with the mod SexLab Trainers.

Oh yes another one I did not mention before. For some reason I have yet to discover I will get a random 5 gold fine for no reason at all, often times I am out in the wilds and get the fine in a totally different hold. Like just yesterday I was on the road halfway between Solitude and Dragons Bridge when I get the notice of a fine in the Rift. I'm nowhere near the Rift how could I break a law there? I take care of these fines as soon as I get to said hold but this gives me a play through with thousands of gold in fines that are unaccounted for. Hell occasionally they get so bent over the petty 5 gold fine they attack me on sight.

Not really funny, but, I stop playing Skyrim for a few weeks and everything runs fine the last time I did. I fire it back up yesterday and it runs like shit and I have no idea why. Verified game cache through Steaming pile and I am missing a whopping 2 gigs of files!! How the hell does that happen? I mean where the hell do those files go?:exclamation:

1 hour ago, SleepyJim said:

I sometimes farm bandits for arrows, gold, blood when I'm playing a vampire, that sort of thing. Apparently giants have caught on to the idea. Except they're trying to farm them by...

Reveal hidden contents

...planting them in the ground. ?

944751116_banditfarming.thumb.jpg.498884ae9dd44560ca949edaad83e6aa.jpg

Adds a whole new meaning to the term 'big agra'.

2 hours ago, Psalam said:
Spoiler

Balgruuf wanted to attract more tourists. He decided that putting new handles on the gates might help.

ScreenShot200j.jpg.449bbcee98fea4f1ed9b2b665e2ff62b.jpg

Great. Getting out of Whiterun requires dealing with the Galo Negro (Black Hand). Are we sure Balgruuf's title isn't "Don" instead of "Jarl?"

On 8/7/2018 at 7:51 PM, Kuroyami said:

Yeah, he eventually does go into his dialog normally, but it gets a little irritating. Especially since I think I've seen a playthrough of SE, and if Gopher is using the patch or another mod that "fixes" Beirand(where he is actually at the execution), the thought that an LE mod, be it USLEEP  or another, doesn't fix that same problem is, similarly irritating.

I've also noticed a problem with certain city quests, wherein if you use LAL to start in any one of the walled cities, then some quests won't be available until you leave the city and re-enter it. Though this is more likely a base game issue and not caused by a mod., For example, you can get the first Potema quest if you start in Solitude, but the quest Noster has, or the quest given by Sybille? Nope. 

not just with the smith but I've had the other vendors not leave the audience area and just stand there selling their wares (similar to Anoriath at the top of the page). Taarie has started walking but won't interact until the "scene ends" and Sorex won't always make his walk over to Jaree-Ra for their exchange when he should.

I think the "radiant quests not available" is a vanilla thing, as I've read about that several other times. Something to do with a change of location required, but you have to be there before you can change from there. I've also had it happen in Markarth when not starting there, not being able to speak with Kerah to get the "ring to Calcelmo" quest until the day after the marketplace murder, it seems you have to let her speak with her husband about closing the stall until it becomes available.