Share the weird quirks of your modded Skyrim.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 6:11 PM, wokking56 said:

Ok I did it and after 3 (in game days) she seems to be doing fine, I will give it a week or two (in game) before I totally rejoice.

Here's Ysolda, a bar wench and myself discussing market prices.  Oh and a bonus (NSFW) Carlotta advertising her produce stall.

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

20181121120425_1.jpg.a73f4fa937a002e88da099e7cc0586fd.jpg

218424436_ChattingattheMarket.jpg.b5c44d594faf8535d59e78b8c9bd0cb8.jpg

Try it with the non-tweaked CCBE Curvy. If that works and they are the only two CBBE variants, then the finger points at your tweaked version.

Did you reach any conclusions vis a vis market prices? They're fairly reasonable in my game. ?

A couple of minor incidents on the Whiterun plain.

Stop meshing about.

Skeleton mage from the altar after a fight with some goblins. The mesh for that necro robe must be the same for all the hooded robes. I get the same thing with Silana in Solitude (almost every time and sometimes she is invisible); quite often with Danica depending on what else is going on in the market area (usually alright in the temple); Jora (Windhelm) and Nora Snow-Shod (Riften) also have a do now and again. Not really noticed it with males before though.

134101431_enb2018_11_2022_19_50_21.thumb.jpg.b93f70255712f5edcc5ee6ecada24ca2.jpg

The body is at the back there and I think it was the head down near my feet. Whatever it was it came rolling down the slope stretching away.

I saw this guy leave the fort's main gate and walk around as I was walking across the plain. He got to this spot and started trying to walk through the wall. There isn't usually a door there is there?

1646988919_enb2018_11_2022_24_49_05.thumb.jpg.0c267a63a600ddc93c058040c87569d6.jpg

I just did what anyone would do in these circumstances - avoided eye contact and moved swiftly on.

Thank you Danica.

According to my reading of TESVEdit she is supposed to be wearing Monk's Oufit No Hood.

933679491_enb2018_11_2418_03_55_02.thumb.jpg.d8401ea6ca66271cd3671a5182bc2056.jpg

And then there was the wolves. Lots of 'em.

You can just make out the werewolf on the right and the wolves to the left.

94271288_enb2018_11_2422_20_35_44.thumb.jpg.5ef9b8603a8a5daba78546b5b345c446.jpg

Which turned out to be this (after the werewolf had gone).

1818836425_enb2018_11_2422_21_57_07.thumb.jpg.5b811c7a71ca9d7982788074cba91c8c.jpg

Meanwhile in the opposite direction. You can just see the werewolf at the back between the farm and the windmill.

3719534_enb2018_11_2422_23_38_50.thumb.jpg.1f2b0220d300425ebc9757f43b94f3f4.jpg

Nine or so dead wolves plus one dead cow. (Shortly followed by dead me X2 when I went up against the werewolf vagr).

1261434678_enb2018_11_2422_29_16_31.thumb.jpg.67c4cf98e170b2a22dd2cd73744a54c0.jpg

An old favourite which I've not seen for a while. The spider that drops to its death.

452054920_enb2018_11_2514_27_21_78.thumb.jpg.6b39b6f2867484d8bb810f341a02e02b.jpg

Post Bleak Falls and that poxy vagr werewolf is still about. Managed to kill it with the aid of my two trusty side-kicks.

845342756_enb2018_11_2518_06_17_96.thumb.jpg.8e1fd221a967c06250eab39529f17d29.jpg

Rorik's bunions are playing up.

1581965598_enb2018_11_2519_38_38_48.thumb.jpg.078f39ce83fccf6cdcdeb865e0058f77.jpg

He is fucking a sweetroll. It's the TDFAP "I'm somene who prefers to watch" gig. They haven't started yet and he's already into the sweetroll.

286538499_enb2018_11_2522_11_55_28.thumb.jpg.d7fd859b5ba82492a322922293d40086.jpg

Nearly typed 'sweetroll' into the spoiler tag there.

Last game and this one. It's just that outfit (Fine Clothes), male and female. Yesterday I cleared out the Dainty Sload and the First Mate wasn't wearing the boots but he had them in his inventory so I assume everyone else has too.

Any suggestions as to what may be causing it or how to find out would be welcome.

ScreenShot2.thumb.jpg.b1d853582ad504d776e0070e387073fc.jpg

Spoiler
22 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Last game and this one. It's just that outfit (Fine Clothes), male and female. Yesterday I cleared out the Dainty Sload and the First Mate wasn't wearing the boots but he had them in his inventory so I assume everyone else has too.

Any suggestions as to what may be causing it or how to find out would be welcome.

Hide contents

ScreenShot2.thumb.jpg.b1d853582ad504d776e0070e387073fc.jpg

There's always the old way. Walk up to them, open the console, highlight the character and see what the last mod was that modified them. That is often, although not always, the culprit.

9 hours ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

There's always the old way. Walk up to them, open the console, highlight the character and see what the last mod was that modified them. That is often, although not always, the culprit.

First thing I tried but it gives different esm/esps depending on who you click on. Erikur (Gisli's brother :)) gives Skyrim.esm, Pantea gave the Dames of Skyrim esp and a 'noble' female gave USLEEP.

Check can you wear both the outfit and boots, most likely a slot conflict either in esp or the nif. If the armor replacer mod removed ankle or leg slots of outfit for the boots to work then maybe you just have another mod changing the slot back which would cause them to not be able to equip, this would be an easy fix in xedit or ck by just deselecting the conflicting slot in the esp so you don't have to mess with changing load order mid game.

7 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

First thing I tried but it gives different esm/esps depending on who you click on. Erikur (Gisli's brother :)) gives Skyrim.esm, Pantea gave the Dames of Skyrim esp and a 'noble' female gave USLEEP.

29 minutes ago, RW311 said:

Check can you wear both the outfit and boots, most likely a slot conflict either in esp or the nif. If the armor replacer mod removed ankle or leg slots of outfit for the boots to work then maybe you just have another mod changing the slot back which would cause them to not be able to equip, this would be an easy fix in xedit or ck by just deselecting the conflicting slot in the esp so you don't have to mess with changing load order mid game.

I would also suggest checking the last modified of the clothing, not the NPC. They are probably wearing something or there is something about the clothing that makes the boots conflict slot wise.

10 hours ago, RW311 said:

Thanks. Not had chance to get hold of the outfit to try on my PC. How would I check in TESVEdit for the conflict?

2 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Thanks. How would I do that?

usually if I know what the NPC is wearing I'll use Add Item Menu to get one, toss it on the ground and then open the console and click on it to see its Last Modified and the file path (if I need it).

I use MO, so I look at my armor/texture mods and double check which one's over writing that texture / mesh / whatever if its a graphic glitch.

In TESVEdit you'd need to find the item and there is a spot for slots used in the right hand pane... I want to say 40% down.  Not sure.

A couple other ideas that come to mind:

Check UESP (or elsewhere) for the console command list. There is a command to force an NPC to wear an item they have in inventory by ID. Another command will list the IDs of the items in their inventory. See what happens when you force Pantea to wear her boots.

Another simpler way is to sneak and pickpocket her. Don't have to take anything but you'd see if she had boots.

59 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

usually if I know what the NPC is wearing I'll use Add Item Menu to get one, toss it on the ground and then open the console and click on it to see its Last Modified and the file path (if I need it).

I use MO, so I look at my armor/texture mods and double check which one's over writing that texture / mesh / whatever if its a graphic glitch.

In TESVEdit you'd need to find the item and there is a spot for slots used in the right hand pane... I want to say 40% down.  Not sure.

A couple other ideas that come to mind:

Check UESP (or elsewhere) for the console command list. There is a command to force an NPC to wear an item they have in inventory by ID. Another command will list the IDs of the items in their inventory. See what happens when you force Pantea to wear her boots.

Another simpler way is to sneak and pickpocket her. Don't have to take anything but you'd see if she had boots.

Thanks. I'm just going back in game now so I'll use AIM (I'm out on the north coast heading for Dawnstar at the mo).

Apart from this monor nuisance, the game is more or less back to normal now. I can get in and out of everywhere in Solitude, run for long distances and generally play to my standards without CTDs. I'm currently running with 8 human followers and it seems to be doing okay.

First. I remembered that I was actually headed for Morphal so I had to back-track a bit.

Eventually got to Dawnstar with 9 followers in tow.

Anyway, investigated the missing boots and discovered the culprit. Turned out to be a mod for a follower called Mitzu (not picked her up yet).

Got a pair of Fine Boots from Skyrim.esm via AIM. Tried to wear them but nothing happened, they just sat there in my inventory without the arrow thing to show they were equipped.

Chucked them on the ground and put the console on them and that showed Mitzu.esp as the last user.

Looked at Mitzu.esp in AIM but it only had one item - a snake cuirass.

Came out of the game and looked at Mitzu.esp in XEdit and lo and behold, there is an entry for Fine Boots in the 'Armour' section which appeared to have been disabled or something (see image below). The only other entry was the Snake Cuirass. I deleted the Fine Boots entry and will see what happens tomorrow (too late here now).

Had a quick look at the posts on the mod's Nexus page and  the problem was reported back in February. The author acknowledged it but has since closed his account.

392130809_FineBoots.thumb.jpg.f59ad6b1bfcee11169c173b86421a78a.jpg

1436674012_SnakeCuirass.thumb.jpg.15bb457864c52dd4b9eef649b7fe45e2.jpg

You wouldn't want to put that on inside-out. :confounded:

Mitzuesp.thumb.jpg.51359500e4276112e86cf158aba28294.jpg

Thanks for the help, peeps.

Well Plan A didn't work so it will have to be Plan U for uninstall.

Note husband Shatter-Shield has the same problem.

I'll also have to figure out why most but not all females in Windhelm have grey-face.

ScreenShot10.thumb.jpg.7d6d58b22bfb3ea04ddec3ea8a017b71.jpg

Then there was this on the way in. There was dead imperial soldier on the rocks where I'm standing. I went across to loot the corpse and spotted this.

ScreenShot8.thumb.jpg.d1b36fecb797c7d32b285296f4d0343f.jpg

That's a nord prisoner and there is another dead imperial on the opposite bank.

Rule 5 applies: Avoid eye contact and move swiftly on.

Up to 15 followers. No crashes but a bit laggy now and then.

Clothes looking fine and dandy.

Booted.thumb.jpg.edb1a247f3dbdb0ba9e735f01db5a1d0.jpg

Second game in a row where everyone in Mistveil is in the correct place. No idea why but I'm not complaining.

15 followers might be hitting max performance-wise. I'm going to check that none of the last bunch of recruits have 4k textures.

On 12/5/2018 at 12:41 AM, Grey Cloud said:

"The train now arriving at Whiterun station . . ."

How do you feed them? Keeping these dozen(?) happy costs you a lot of coin.

Imagine the Bannered Mare ... it hsn't even enough chairs for all those thirsty mead trinkers.

? Or do you leave them at the stables before entering town?

1 hour ago, worik said:

How do you feed them? Keeping these dozen(?) happy costs you a lot of coin.

Imagine the Bannered Mare ... it hsn't even enough chairs for all those thirsty mead trinkers.

? Or do you leave them at the stables before entering town?

It was 14 I think. I never eat, drink or sleep. It's actually easier with 14 followers than it is with 2. Two have to be managed but anything over, say, 6, then you can just ignore them and let them sort themselves out.