3 minutes ago, Sorrow_421 said:

Is there a way to deactivate the Bikini Curse?

Under license you can just turn off BIKINI and that stops the curse.  Regular Armor covers bikini also anyway. Just minus the ill effect for not having a 'kini on. 

ED: If your having an issue with non bikini keywords activating the curse. like boots etc.. the exception rule prevents that also. 

1 hour ago, Bushi Neko said:

has container etc. TESe basically allows you to build a list that has all those, and the game sees them as part of the original. vs Bash adding to and prioritizing level list. 

Makes sense!

Alright, to completely change to TESVpatch and remove the bashed patch, I would have to make 22 plugin slots free via merging esp (those are in the bashed patch atm).

The main reason why I would do that would be, that I have more control over the prioritizing process.

Mainly (only) to prevent gray faces, if that is even possible via the TESVpatch?

2 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

why is your bashed patch so limited?

Presumably, because you have merged mods in yours. I don't. 

I was just comparing a basic bashed patch vs a basic TesEdit patch (which doesn't merge mods at all)

You don't need to stop using a bash patch. 

1. Sort your load order:

Everything else.

Bashed patch

TesEdit patch

2. Deactivate and delete the tesedit patch (if you've already built one)

3. Load wyre bash and build your bashed patch as normal. 

4. Load TesEdit and do the procedure on the guide. 

5. Activate the tesedit patch

6. play the game. 

30 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Why that way around?

It's just from the point of view of the penalty as penalties were the only thing when I added sleep deprivation (there were no bonuses)

30 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Makes sense!

Alright, to completely change to TESVpatch and remove the bashed patch, I would have to make 22 plugin slots free via merging esp (those are in the bashed patch atm).

The main reason why I would do that would be, that I have more control over the prioritizing process.

Mainly (only) to prevent gray faces, if that is even possible via the TESVpatch?

If you do things just like this ( being lazy and quoting ) 

5 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Presumably, because you have merged mods in yours. I don't. 

I was just comparing a basic bashed patch vs a basic TesEdit patch (which doesn't merge mods at all)

1. Sort your load order:

Everything else.

Bashed patch

TesEdit patch

6. play the game. 

You should have no problems.  But as I said. I normally forgo all the TESe building. I am a K.I.S.S. kind o' girl. If it works as is, it may not be 100% but it 'aint' broke. So I run with it. But as usual. Your game. Your setup. :)  

16 minutes ago, Bushi Neko said:

You should have no problems.  But as I said. I normally forgo all the TESe building. I am a K.I.S.S. kind o' girl. If it works as is, it may not be 100% but it 'aint' broke. So I run with it. But as usual. Your game. Your setup.

As a creator, I can't say I agree with the philosophy. If you don't want extra loot drops then (for SLS at least) you can disable them. But without a patch you potentially have a broken control in your game. 

The patch may fix things you never even realized were broken to begin with. 

41 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

As a creator, I can't say I agree with the philosophy. If you don't want extra loot drops then (for SLS at least) you can disable them. But without a patch you potentially have a broken control in your game. 

I do not deny or argue that.  Overall it's better to invest in the 100% job.  But as you know in my case. I change my game so often to add / remove things I simply try and run the setup simply.  HOWEVER. Serious trouble shooting something involves using the edit patch if warranted. IE The issue we discussed in PM.  Of course that was a goto to see if a TESe vs non TESe made a difference. Nope. Not on that one. But sometimes.. yes indeed. 

2 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

1. Sort your load order:

Everything else.

Bashed patch

TesEdit patch

6. play the game. 

Personally I don't care to merge .esp's, so I would gladly ignore Wrye Bash entirely.  I just worry because 5-year-old advice claims Bashed > TesEdit at merging some leveled lists.

Oh, just saw your MergedPatch guide in post #2, but I still have a question on that:

Most guides to TesEdit's merged patch say to exclude Bashed Patch when making the TesEdit patch; your guide doesn't explicitly disagree (maybe it should, since this is surprising), but says to include the full load order, which implies keeping Bashed.  So using your guide, including Bashed Patch when making the TesEdit patch, Bashed should win all conflicts for leveled lists as TesEdit makes its merged patch.  Then it seems there's no need to manually erase any levelled lists in TesEdit, they'd already comply with Bashed, no?

Edit: oh, just tried it, and I see that's not how it works.  Tes5Edit's merge does replace Bashed's leveled lists, for example here:

Spoiler

image.png.0c4c352ab1707e574dc8fcca4348db5a.png

So I guess I should just follow your advice and stop overthinking it.  Who knew?  :/

3 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

2 hours ago, Bushi Neko said:

I do not deny or argue that.  Overall it's better to invest in the 100% job.  But as you know in my case. I change my game so often to add / remove things I simply try and run the setup simply.  HOWEVER. Serious trouble shooting something involves using the edit patch if warranted. IE The issue we discussed in PM.  Of course that was a goto to see if a TESe vs non TESe made a difference. Nope. Not on that one. But sometimes.. yes indeed. 

Your both right!

Thx to Monoman1 I am curious what I can do with more control ?

Thx to Neko I don't feel bad to use the bashed patch and have a working game with bikinis ☺️

After using the bashed patch for 2 years now I know how to deal with it's limitation and the benefits, still it feels sometimes like lottery (that's why I have so many mods below the patch for some control).

To evolve I could try that TESVmerge thingy and see if I can get another bikinierous dopamin release

33 minutes ago, legraf said:

Edit: oh, just tried it, and I see that's not how it works.  Tes5Edit's merge does replace Bashed's leveled lists, for example here:

It could be some intelligence on the part of TesEdit. I wonder would it be the same if you renamed the bashed patch to something else. 

Personally. I haven't used a bash patch in years. I'd recommend:

1. Use merge plugins to merge 'static' esps. By static I mean esps that very unlikely to be updated and you'll probably never want to remove them from your load order. 

2. Use a TesEdit patch.

3. Just forget about a bashed patch altogether. It's complication that's not really worth it. I've never had any issue with the leveled lists tesedit provides. 

But to each their own. 

3 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Your both right!

Thx to Monoman1 I am curious what I can do with more control ?

Thx to Neko I don't feel bad to use the bashed patch and have a working game with bikinis

Officially I have nothing to do with this mod. Unofficially I am that annoying female sidekick nagging him to death or interjecting when he is not around.  Since he has not told me to be quite yet, I do what I am good at.  So it's a good pairing to help when it is possible.  I think so anyway. But I am a Ginger. So it pays to be nice. I have room for more freckles. :P 

740931copy.png.ee1dbcc2d6954446fbf359a8fba3a0d8.png 

7 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

After using the bashed patch for 2 years now I know how to deal with it's limitation and the benefits, still it feels sometimes like lottery (that's why I have so many mods below the patch for some control).

To evolve I could try that TESVmerge thingy and see if I can get another bikinierous dopamin release

I would not advise on below the bash. If you have to put them there as active, you can bash or merge them better. Nothing should really be below that but like Dual Sheath type things or your ghost files. I would say yes, tinker with TESe and see how it suits you. Just my thoughts / opinion and what I ve found works. 

30 minutes ago, legraf said:

So I guess I should just follow your advice and stop overthinking it.  Who knew?  :/

I would not call it overthinking. Exploring possible alternates. Learning by experience. Finding your chosen way... etc etc. :)

I would not advise on below the bash. If you have to put them there as active, you can bash or merge them better. Nothing should really be below that but like Dual Sheath type things or your ghost files. I would say yes, tinker with TESe and see how it suits you. Just my thoughts / opinion and what I ve found works. 

I don't agree with that, at all!

Especially if you have more mods than one that does the same and you want to control who should win.

Mods that have to be below the bashed patch -on my setups- are NPC appearance mods, or bash patch will just make a mess out of them.

Also mods that should win partially conflicts over AIO outfit/weapon/NPC replacers.

Just know what your doing, or at least have some good try and error results ?

(even if it causes more freckles ?)

I totally agree about the 3rd party patches, they should be below it.

Examples for exceptions of the "all below bashed patch" rule:

(alternative, flag the mods to be not bashed patched and move them at the end of the LO above the bashed patch)

Spoiler

1. Example NPC appearance:

NPC overhauls

Mixed Skyrim Overhauls (armor, loot, weapons, NPC)

mods that just add NPCs

Bashed patch

Botox.esp                                   => overwrites all vanilla NPC appearance + DG + DB + mods that are botox patched

PAN_NPCs.esp                            => overwrites botox, but only with NPC that are added/modified by pandorable

PAN_NPCs_DG.esp                       => same for DG

PAN_Serana.esp                             => overwrites serana

EC Vampire Skin Color Fix.esp           => repairs the color mismatch I get if I use multiple vamp modifying mods (in this case botox and Pandorable wins over all mods that are bash patched)

=> if I would bashed them all I would get a crazy mix of all of them. Like this I can control who has the last word

2. Example Armor replacer:

Armor replacer AIO

Bash patch

Armor boots only replacer => below the bash patch will make sure you get to 100% the boots only replaced, if bashed you get a mix, unfortunately not the kind of mix that would rise the distribution, more like the: missing armor meshes/wrong names kind of mix

To make matters worse add another language to the mix, like german skyrim + english mods => crazy mix of potions, weapons, armors, some german named some english and lots of item copies.

3. I also move mods below the bashed patch the will throw out errors while generating the bash patch or I fear that they get crippled by the bash patch

If I get more control over what I posted as examples: bad times for the bashed patch : (

51 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

If I get more control over what I posted as examples: bad times for the bashed patch : (

Ah, I see what ref. you mean. I am not currently having any worries over those types. So I admit, my mind was centered on core type mods.   For the moment none of my replacer types ( for example ) need any special work. Nor my distro's other than if I do make a TESe or feel a need to do so. For now I am not. ESPECIALLY at the moment, as I will be a leaker and spill the news another update is inbound. And @Monoman1 doesn't usually post them unless they add meaningful things or are a total fix. So I expect a redo on patching etc shortly. :P   

OH another edit:  The freckles comment was in being nice to me ;)  Being a Ginger I get a freckle per soul I take be it by love or slaying.  I don't get freckles over stress, that's worry lines. I just get more Ginger Dots for souls, or sunlight. ? 

21 minutes ago, Bushi Neko said:

Ah, I see what ref. you mean. I am not currently having any worries over those types. So I admit, my mind was centered on core type mods.   For the moment none of my replacer types ( for example ) need any special work. Nor my distro's other than if I do make a TESe or feel a need to do so. For now I am not. ESPECIALLY at the moment, as I will be a leaker and spill the news another update is inbound. And @Monoman1 doesn't usually post them unless they add meaningful things or are a total fix. So I expect a redo on patching etc shortly. :P 

Yes, guess it's more an issue for the...

"I want it all in one Load order, but then I want it differently, but I don't want to modify the installed mods, also I want to exchange mods for testing at the end of the LO, and .... OH SHINY... MUST HAVE TOO... can't resist"

...kind of LO builders xD

If I use only one mod type for any specific task I would just be fine to bash the lvl/loot lists and get rid off patches (22 in my case) that get just merged into the bashed patch.

1 minute ago, donttouchmethere said:

Yes, guess it's more an issue for the...

"I want it all in one Load order, but then it want it differently, but I don't want to modify the installed mods, also I want to exchange mods for testing at the end of the LO, and .... OH SHINY MUST HAVE TOO"

...kind of LO builders xD

If I use only one mod type for any specific task I would just be fine to bash the lvl lists and get rid off patches (22 in my case) that get just merged into the bashed patch.

Yeah, as an admitted mod whore ( and shoes and cute purple clothes ) I know the feeling. I used to be real creative in how I dealt with mod issues like that. Hard thing to break that fixation. But I did. :P But more because I found MY perfect mod list, and was able to remove the actual chaff vs really really want! <chuckles>

4 hours ago, Bushi Neko said:

Yeah, as an admitted mod whore ( and shoes and cute purple clothes ) I know the feeling. I used to be real creative in how I dealt with mod issues like that. Hard thing to break that fixation. But I did. :P But more because I found MY perfect mod list, and was able to remove the actual chaff vs really really want! <chuckles>

I still searching for my perfect mod list, but now it seems that mod authors get more and more influence on how my Skyrim looks and behaves.

It's out of control! ?

That's pretty cool, because => SURPRISES!

If it comes to LL/Nexus mods I'm still on full whore mode lol

Personally i run both a bashed patch and a custom made patch using tesedit. The problem with the bashed patch is that wryebash for skyrim wasn't as powerful as it used to be for oblivion and morrowind. As far as I knew bashed patch for skyrim mostly handled leveled lists fine, but it couldn't handle say, NPC records like in oblivion and stuff, This could have changed because I'll be honest, I haven't look for a new version of wryebash in quite a few years.

In any case, once you figure out what you're doing tesedit has the advantage with the filtering system, which allows you to find conflicts and resolve them to your preference if you understand what you're doing, which is kind of intimidating to start with but pretty powerful.

3 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

I still searching for my perfect mod list, but now it seems that mod authors get more and more influence on how my Skyrim looks an behaves.

That's pretty cool, because => SURPRISES!

If it comes to LL/Nexus mods I'm still on full whore mode lol

I don't think myself so much a mod whore anymore.. more like a mod kept woman. ;) 

Said it before, and will say it again...

If you are using Bashed Patch...

STOP DOING THAT.

Use Mator Smash instead. It does what Bash did, plus a lot more. A whole lot more.

Wrye Bash and its Bashed Patch is basically a relic of the Oblivion era.

Mator Smash is aware of a lot of things done in USLEEP and helps your mods not break them, along with merging many different kinds of list. 

It's not the answer to everything, but if you were simply using Bashed Patch, there is absolutely no downside to Mator Smash, there are only benefits.

The only reason not to swap is some kind of obstinate fear of the unknown, of a naive belief that because everyone isn't doing it, there is something wrong with it.

You can have the ease of Bashed Patch, but with a system that produces genuine working results.

The only problem I've ever had with Mator Smash is that it has a bug relating to merging flags on worn items that were patched by USLEEP and are also patched by vanilla clothing replaces. It will, in some cases, remove the flags entirely making the items invisible. This is easily fixed by creating a little patch in Tes5Edit to put the proper flags back for those few items (all Jarl outfits IIRC). That this bug exists at all should give you an idea of the sophistication of Mator Smash. Bashed Patch doesn't even know those flags exist, let alone how to fix ITM bugs on them.

In terms of benefits, its ability to fix complicated messes of environment data/weather are outstanding. Your game will LOOK better because now you have the right atmospheres, the right lighting, and the correct weather systems. Bash can't fix that stuff.

But Mator Smash can do way more than that. It also helps identify other problems by flagging up missing masters, suspicious overrides, mods that patch back old broken records fixed in USLEEP, (ITM issues) and other nuisances. Yes, Tes5Edit can help find those things but it won't just fix them for you with almost zero effort.

Make a game and try it. You'll see.

4 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Make a game and try it. You'll see.

Must give smash another go. Gave it a try when it first came out but.... something it was doing wasn't right in my setup. 

Damned if I can remember what that was. 

One of the new Mcm arts reminds me of the cover of TES arena:

Spoiler

Fantasy-Art-Images-1124.jpg.ada1a23d5f682c47ac3dfc6f488262da.jpg

arena-e1553536448401.jpg.e3f95289c4ca84cd2fdbb0a4d48f433b.jpg

Back when bikini armors came with the game ;)

One of the new Mcm arts reminds me of the cover of TES arena:

Reveal hidden contents

Fantasy-Art-Images-1124.jpg.ada1a23d5f682c47ac3dfc6f488262da.jpg

arena-e1553536448401.jpg.e3f95289c4ca84cd2fdbb0a4d48f433b.jpg

Back when bikini armors came with the game ;)

LOL.. which proves something I wondered but had not asked. You were playing in Arena too huh?  

You know what that makes us in gamer talk?

Spoiler

Old.

11 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

At some point you have to come down to earth or you will be lost in the modding void of seemingly endless possibilities and pain ?

It's good you found the right mods that keep you ?

For now.. but never satisfied. Must change mods like I change clothes. 

Spoiler

funny-girl-messy-closet.jpg.bfccc6948e163072a129744199110ddd.jpg

something it was doing wasn't right in my setup

I did notice issues with some armor flags, even now. I doubt that will ever be fixed, even though I suspect it's just a typo.

I made a little patch mod in Tes5Edit to solve the issue, which takes no slot, as it only overwrites existing records.

There might be a git repos for it somewhere. If you come across one, I'd be interested.

Other than that, it seems beneficial. I exclude SD+ from it though, and add that after the patch. SD+ is ... special.

ow what that makes us in gamer talk

Not sure I ever actually played arena. Was only beginning my pc gaming career back then but I remember that advert in a pc mag (that's a magazine to ye yunguns because no internet back then :o). My elder scrolls career began in ernest with morrowind. Still makes me considerably older than I'd like :(

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

I exclude SD+ from it though

Anything I should know about before I try smash again? ;)