55 minutes ago, zarantha said:

Too many big mods loading all at once or too many animations. Loose files will still be loaded even if the esps are disabled, you'd have to actually uncheck the mod on the left to prevent the files from loading.

If you installed DD 5.0, you must start a new game. Don't install it to a game where DD 4.3 has been installed.

If you're installing several new mods to an existing game, do them one at a time.

If you're only adding DD, then you may need to disable some mods, let DD start, then re-enable  the mods.

I'd really recommend a new game if you're having issues adding it to an existing game. You may need to disable large quest, overhaul or new lands mods, and disabling them mid game can cause your save to be corrupted.

I have to start new games in four steps because of the black screen issue, and it's not an issue with DD itself. I've seen it without DD as well.

For a new game, start with a minimal set of mods, get your character created and add more mods. How many times you have to do this depends on the size of the mods and how many you have. Load large mods that add new areas last (such as Bruma, Legacy of the Dragonborn, or one of Delazon's mods like A Forsworn Story).

How I group them to avoid the black screen:
1. MO2 profile one

Alternate Start, appearance mods, base frameworks (like sexlab), anything else I need for character creation. Anything that needs to be set up first, like SGO4. Mods that have DLLs. Slal packs.

Let them all load, then save and exit. or configure MCMs, save and exit.

2. MO2 profile two

World textures, weather/enb stuff with esps (enb config i just leave in all the time), other ui stuff, survival mods, npc mods

Let everything load again, configure MCMs, save and exit

3. MO2 profile three

Weapons and armor mods, nexus quest or overhaul type mods

4. MO2 default / everything profile

All the sexlab mods. Although it's getting to the point where I might need to split Sexlab mods up too.

5. Now you can load the game and start playing on your normal profile.

It's a pita to set up, but this way I don't have to keep checking/unchecking things when I do a new game. I just go through the different profiles when I start until everything has been loaded and set up. As long as everything isn't initializing all at once, you should be fine. Adding new mods can tip the balance though, so be careful adding stuff to an in progress game.

hey thanks a lot!!! At least I knowing what's the problem, really appreciate that!

Im gonna try but I doubt this will get attention since it's technically not right thread (and male content) but that's dead as all fuck. Playing a male character, with Devious for Him installed obviously. However, many of the items are invisible and a huge turn off. Is there a way to use blender to add the objects onto the male model? Or at this point I'm willing to pay cash for someone to get this off the ground; I dont even care about the tooltips and shit. Those I can probably do with Z-edit myself I just want to see my actual char in the devices.

DD error.jpg

For at least one and a half days I already try to download this mod from that f***ing Mega page, and always there is some fuckery. Why the heck does it just stand still at 65% severy times, after I waited for HOURS and even had to deal with some volume limit on the way?? Aargh!!!

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but in game I have suddenly found some of my followers bound in chains (SMP at that-worked good). I couldn't figure out how that was done, after much mucking around I discovered that the chains came from Devious Contraptions- Never heard or used the Mod before, apparently its included with devious Devices 5 now.

In game some of my female followers were getting "chained" just as dragon was about to attack on two different occasions. I couldn't get the chains off of them as it was saying that I didn't have a "Key". I tried using all the Devious Keys and they wouldn't work.

I found a Hotkey in Devious Device MCM for Devious Contraptions and it was bound to my PageDown Key, dunno how I could activate that key while going into combat with a Dragon.

Could there be at least some options to disable Contraptions?, as there is only one line in the entire Devious MCM about Contraptions, or at least disable it. I know of no LL mod that would be using it, I only have Devious Devices 5 for Laura's Bondage Shop and nothing else.

This for Skyrim SE

Hello, I recently installed DD, and Devious Carriages - and once in an event I was put into restraints. Specifically the ballet shoes restraints, once taken off - I saw that my standing idle animation was replaced. I looked online and on loverslab for anyone who had the same problem, but to no avail. I've tried installing my Pretty Idles mod again and running Fores - however that is too, to no avail. It stays the same. It doesn't even look like the vanilla standing idle either, so I'm guessing it's like an overwrite script or something to use the Devious Devices idle after removing such restraints? However, I tried to see if DD had the same file name for just the mt_idle.hkx.

But DD has many of them, but with like ab_mt_idle.hkx where there's like probably 20 of them it seems like. So I can't find the root of the problem.

I also sought how to look at my vanilla Data to see if I could just replace the idle animation with Pretty Idles mod, but the directory didn't exist in data/meshes/actor/character/animations/female. I created my own and tried to place Pretty Idle animation in there and run Fores again, but you guessed it, not working.

Anyone have this same problem with such mods?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

12 hours ago, Kage777 said:

Im gonna try but I doubt this will get attention since it's technically not right thread (and male content) but that's dead as all fuck. Playing a male character, with Devious for Him installed obviously. However, many of the items are invisible and a huge turn off. Is there a way to use blender to add the objects onto the male model? Or at this point I'm willing to pay cash for someone to get this off the ground; I dont even care about the tooltips and shit. Those I can probably do with Z-edit myself I just want to see my actual char in the devices.

DD error.jpg

DD for Him was just added with DD 5.0, I don't know much about it. If you have DD 5.0 you should not have a separate install of DD for Him, there should only be the version that came with DD. If you are using Devious Lore, don't use the patch file with it. Another user found it was making ropes invisible, it could be contributing to your problems.

Invisible items are most often because they were not built in bodyslide, so I'd start there. However, your screenshot looks like a missing body, not an invisible outfit.

I don't know about blender, so can't help you there. If you want to do stuff yourself, you could either download the male bodyslide from offsite and try using that. I can't help with it.

Or, and this i could possibly help with, you could import the nif into the regular outfit studio, and then import your male body to check / conform to it. If it is a missing body, then simply adding your body to it should fix it, just export it back out with the same name.

If you would like me to look at this, a list of the in game outfit names (full and exact names) or the id of the outfit would be more helpful than 'lots of outfits'. There are a ton of outfits in the mod, and I don't have time at the moment to play guessing games on what outfits might be broken. There were zero complaints of male broken outfits in the LE DD 5.0 beta, and some users were using males.

10 hours ago, effrenatus said:

For at least one and a half days I already try to download this mod from that f***ing Mega page, and always there is some fuckery. Why the heck does it just stand still at 65% severy times, after I waited for HOURS and even had to deal with some volume limit on the way?? Aargh!!!

58 minutes ago, ArcKing said:

Pfft. I just can't get MEGA to work because they implemented some ridiculous download limit that I somehow passed before ever using it this year. A non-MEGA download link would be very appreciated

7 hours ago, Technomagica said:

Is there a non-MEGA download link? MEGA keeps crashing before download is completed.

The file is too large to host on LL, and I am not in charge of the link. It is not allowed to upload it elsewhere.

I'd recommend trying to download it with your browser in incognito/private browsing. Some countries apply limits, we can't help with that. I've heard that incognito can help with that.

If you're still having issues, try using a vpn.

Edit: almost forgot. you could install the mega desktop client and sync the file through the desktop app. that might work better.

10 hours ago, Vortec said:

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but in game I have suddenly found some of my followers bound in chains (SMP at that-worked good). I couldn't figure out how that was done, after much mucking around I discovered that the chains came from Devious Contraptions- Never heard or used the Mod before, apparently its included with devious Devices 5 now.

In game some of my female followers were getting "chained" just as dragon was about to attack on two different occasions. I couldn't get the chains off of them as it was saying that I didn't have a "Key". I tried using all the Devious Keys and they wouldn't work.

I found a Hotkey in Devious Device MCM for Devious Contraptions and it was bound to my PageDown Key, dunno how I could activate that key while going into combat with a Dragon.

Could there be at least some options to disable Contraptions?, as there is only one line in the entire Devious MCM about Contraptions, or at least disable it. I know of no LL mod that would be using it, I only have Devious Devices 5 for Laura's Bondage Shop and nothing else.

This for Skyrim SE

Devious contraptions is the furniture stuff kimy added, it used to be standalone.

You would need a furniture key, I don't know if there's more than one.

You can change the hotkey to something else if you're hitting it accidentally. I haven't seen reports in the beta of it engaging on it's own randomly, so i'm assuming accidental keypress.

DCL 9.0 (currently in beta) uses contraptions. Deviously enchanted chests also uses it. Disabling the esp might work, but i don't know if that will cause other issues.

8 hours ago, Sugimi said:

Hello, I recently installed DD, and Devious Carriages - and once in an event I was put into restraints. Specifically the ballet shoes restraints, once taken off - I saw that my standing idle animation was replaced. I looked online and on loverslab for anyone who had the same problem, but to no avail. I've tried installing my Pretty Idles mod again and running Fores - however that is too, to no avail. It stays the same. It doesn't even look like the vanilla standing idle either, so I'm guessing it's like an overwrite script or something to use the Devious Devices idle after removing such restraints? However, I tried to see if DD had the same file name for just the mt_idle.hkx.

But DD has many of them, but with like ab_mt_idle.hkx where there's like probably 20 of them it seems like. So I can't find the root of the problem.

I also sought how to look at my vanilla Data to see if I could just replace the idle animation with Pretty Idles mod, but the directory didn't exist in data/meshes/actor/character/animations/female. I created my own and tried to place Pretty Idle animation in there and run Fores again, but you guessed it, not working.

Anyone have this same problem with such mods?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

If you're using something like fnis sexy walk, reset the player 360 movement.

If you're using other walk/idle animations, they may not be compatible. See if there's an still an issue still if they're removed.

If it fixes itself after they're removed, then you could save and then add your other animations back on the new save. If it works, you'll have to do that work around every time it occurs or patch it yourself.

On 12/9/2020 at 3:24 AM, qawsedrftg765 said:

I just am not using nemesis any more, I am just using FNIS as a substitute. That being said, if anyone has been able to make Nemesis work with DD 5.0 I would love to hear how. Nemesis is just such a better animation engine and enables so many great mods like CGO.

nemesis is working great for me. What exactly is the problem you are having. ? Also you can have best of both worlds by using fnis and nemesis together.

Hello! I have issues with a couple of meshes. Imgur link here. Anyway:

- Hands are semitransparent (see img one), and Google does not seem to show any relevant solution for the problem :( is there a way to fix it?

- Chastity belt (or crotch ropes, I think they are the same base thing) disappear when worn with a corset instead of fusing in one piece (see other 3 images, last one is with steel belt and corset). Belts and corests sometimes fuse, but for like 10s, then the belt disappears again. This behaviour seems to be random, I can't manage to find a patter for when the belt stays on for a couple of seconds after equipping or disappears immediately. Every time if happened (at least, all the time I noticed happening) I had the straitjacket on tho.

Don't know if it matters, I am using the base CBBE SE body with CBCP physics (even if I have HDT-SMP installed), and I think the "Imitation - Skyrim (outfit)" preset from CBBE Preset Compendium. I think I built everything with the same preset (I did not use the non-outfit version)

Thank you in advance :)

Edit: sorry, cut part of the text by accident

14 hours ago, abcdefghilmn said:

Hello! I have issues with a couple of meshes. Imgur link here. Anyway:

- Hands are semitransparent (see img one), and Google does not seem to show any relevant solution for the problem :( is there a way to fix it?

- Chastity belt (or crotch ropes, I think they are the same base thing) disappear when worn with a corset instead of fusing in one piece (see other 3 images, last one is with steel belt and corset). Belts and corests sometimes fuse, but for like 10s, then the belt disappears again. This behaviour seems to be random, I can't manage to find a patter for when the belt stays on for a couple of seconds after equipping or disappears immediately. Every time if happened (at least, all the time I noticed happening) I had the straitjacket on tho.

Don't know if it matters, I am using the base CBBE SE body with CBCP physics (even if I have HDT-SMP installed), and I think the "Imitation - Skyrim (outfit)" preset from CBBE Preset Compendium. I think I built everything with the same preset (I did not use the non-outfit version)

Thank you in advance :)

Edit: sorry, cut part of the text by accident

Hand semi transparent - that looks like you've got an overlay on your hands from racemenu. I don't know how to fix it and I highly suspect a racemenu issue since the only thing visible is the overlay and not the hands. Someone else reported it as well.

Chastity belts and corsets are fused into one item with DD 5.0 when both are worn. I don't know about using rope belts with ebonite corsets. Either way, DCL 8.5 isn't able to take advantage of the new corsetbelts. It will remain broke until DCL 9.0 releases. If it's from another mod, it will need to be updated for DD 5.0. It's a known issue.

3 hours ago, zarantha said:

Hands are semitransparent

As i heard you use tattoo layers mod. DD hides hands but don't know how to hide tattoo layer from that mod. Disable this mod and try again.

18 hours ago, abcdefghilmn said:

Chastity belt

Can't confirm this bug - i test with DDX corsets, DCL corsets and DD belts and DCL belts. Ropes not change a corset but draw on corsets as ropes. Looks good. I you can toss me items id what not work i test it in my game too.

2 hours ago, Mister X said:

It definitely requires a new game or a running one which has never seen any version of DD.

Thank you. Guess I'll be staying on the old version for a long time still.