Does having Adult Mods available increase the chance you'll buy?

Dojo_dude

Does having Adult Mods available increase the chance you'll buy?  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Does having Adult Mods available increase the chance you'll buy?

• Yes
    • No

Maybe it does if I feel that it enhances the game in some way or feels fitting to the genre and setting.

Mods which add detail alluded to by NPCs yet can not be seen by the player are at the top of the list as far as 'adult mods' go for me since they gives players the power to determine what is appropriate for them to see or not to see when characters remove garments of clothing. Sex mods are not much of a priority most of the time, not that they are even available for most games, but when a game is filled with sexual content which is not rendered, I'll happily take a mod which gives it visual representation (see mods for games like The Fallout series, The Elder Scrolls series, the Dragon Age series, The Witcher series and The Sims Series for the best examples).

The increasing number of adult games available on sites with high visibility (Steam, Nutaku, Patreon itself) and mainstream games which are less bashful about sexual content are reducing the priority level of adult mods for me the slightest bit, though. General mod availability will be a bigger draw if thing continue along this current trajectory.

I like seeing naked people do things that aren't sexual (run around, fight monsters, etc.)

But for games like Senran and Gal Gun, those games are already sexual, so adult mods for those kinds of games dont really do anything for me.

I find that, if a game HAS adult mods and/or actual sex mods, that pretty much signals to me that a game has a good modding community. If these types of mods are allowed or possible within any given game's tool set, than just about ANYTHING is possible.

It's a great litmus test for a game's boundaries.

So, to answer the OP question: Yes, it most certainly piques my interest if there is a large, diverse, and ( uncensored, do whatever you want ) modding community for any game.

On 4/23/2018 at 4:51 PM, spoons666 said:

I'm a simple person, i see lewdness potential and i buy.

Seriously though, i believe adding modding tools extends any games life tenfold. 

The adult mods are just a bonus.

Agree, the right tools extend a games life and the amount of time it can remain in the "buy me, I'm here" window.

On 4/23/2018 at 5:01 PM, 27X said:

Define adult, because fetish and mental maturity are not remotely joined at the hip, quite the opposite.

For your particular interests, would being able to modify a game to include a fetish of your choice, boost it's 'buy' potential?

On 4/23/2018 at 5:05 PM, Darkening Demise said:

Just a nude mod? No. Needs actual sex. For the most part I refuse to buy games anymore if its not moddable. Only reason I ever touched that crap called Starbound was for the adult mods.

Interesting. I agree, simply nude mods are a dime a dozen now and quite easy to find using search engines.

On 4/23/2018 at 6:10 PM, darkconsole said:

all it needs is the ability to be modded *properly* dont care what is currently available if i can do anything i want.

Yeah, poor mod tools and limited access to game assets create a limited mod community. There's just not a lot of assets or tools to work with. Not like this one :tongue:

On 4/23/2018 at 6:27 PM, Cynical Misanthrope said:

I say modding in general, no matter the game - is a huge factor yes. One of my most played game are from 2006, and the only reason for that is due to mods.

Share, create and expand. Once you "unlock" modding it's hard to turn back.

20 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

Maybe it does if I feel that it enhances the game in some way or feels fitting to the genre and setting.

Mods which add detail alluded to by NPCs yet can not be seen by the player are at the top of the list as far as 'adult mods' go for me since they gives players the power to determine what is appropriate for them to see or not to see when characters remove garments of clothing. Sex mods are not much of a priority most of the time, not that they are even available for most games, but when a game is filled with sexual content which is not rendered, I'll happily take a mod which gives it visual representation (see mods for games like The Fallout series, The Elder Scrolls series, the Dragon Age series, The Witcher series and The Sims Series for the best examples).

The increasing number of adult games available on sites with high visibility (Steam, Nutaku, Patreon itself) and mainstream games which are less bashful about sexual content are reducing the priority level of adult mods for me the slightest bit, though. General mod availability will be a bigger draw if thing continue along this current trajectory.

THIS resonates with me. My kind of mod is fits the genre and if possible the setting, whilst as you stated, alluding to details often only mentioned or hidden to the player. I have also found games with mature sexual content do not, for me, create a desire for any sort of 'adult' or sex mod. In that case I feel the game is just good as is.

12 hours ago, bluerobot99 said:

I like seeing naked people do things that aren't sexual (run around, fight monsters, etc.)

But for games like Senran and Gal Gun, those games are already sexual, so adult mods for those kinds of games dont really do anything for me.

So you maybe are looking for your game characters to be in 'more' vulnerable situations?

8 hours ago, march3dd said:

Obvious question is obvious.

Thanks....

1 hour ago, Cezul said:

I find that, if a game HAS adult mods and/or actual sex mods, that pretty much signals to me that a game has a good modding community. If these types of mods are allowed or possible within any given game's tool set, than just about ANYTHING is possible.

It's a great litmus test for a game's boundaries.

So, to answer the OP question: Yes, it most certainly piques my interest if there is a large, diverse, and ( uncensored, do whatever you want ) modding community for any game.

Agreed, sex mods usually require scripting and deeper level of modding. Making the game do things it normally could not do.

The basic game needs to be fun to play without mods before I would even consider buying it.  But,  I'm still playing Skyrim, Fallout 4 and Fallout New Vegas pretty regularly with sex mods and I haven't touched a Witcher Game or a Bioware game in a long time.  So, the availability of adding adult content does keep me playing a game a lot longer and it makes me more likely to buy future games from the developer.  As long as they don't screw it up buy trying to gain control of modding by restricting it to their own site and putting it behind a Paywall.

I'd say, for me, it depends on the possibilities of the modding.

For instance, I play some games that more or less allow you to add a custom language pack, and that's it.

I suppose the best answer one can hope for is "These modding tools are so robust and user friendly, they're what we use to create official content."

But I always like there being room for unanticipated systems and such. You can see some of that with TES and fallout, there's some hardcoded systems that are going to make certain behaviors possible but more buggy than usual. Look at any pregnancy mod. Custom creatures are also hard to come by, and when they do exist they don't normally find any overlap within the adult modding community unless they're essentially a reskin of something already extant in the main game.

Some games, however, won't make a difference, I'm just as likely to obtain CK2 now as I was before I learned it had adult mods.

That's a concept foreign to me. I mean, A. I'm not really interested in vanilla set in an historical era and B. What? It's a turn based strategy game in an over-world map. I don't even...

If you asked for "adult oriented content be design", I'd say yes.

Take Witcher 3 as an example for me. Before it was published, I read that they basically don't care about selling the game for non-mature customers and won't strip, pixelize or bend any content, just to have children as another market segment. If I hadn't already decided to buy it, they would have won my heart by that statement.

I'm rather sick of books, films and games in every corner, censored or trimmed down for the possible 7year old audience. :classic_angry:(Uargh! Sorry for that. But  I feel better now.)

Basically, I don't need mods if the vanilla game is already fine. Although mods never hurt. ;) And there can't be too many of them.

No.

Because, after you have played Skyrim with SexLab (and integration mods of your liking) for a while, you have seen and experienced everything there is.

Other games just don't seem to allow modding to the same extent, and/or don't trigger interest by mod authors and artists to make it worthwhile.

So yeah, i buy games because they are good games. Not because there are "nude patches" or some text events flanged on.

Nope. I only care about the game itself and if it's fun and well-balanced out of the box. In my experience modders can rarely if ever fix games with major gameplay issues, and most rebalancing mods out there are autistic trainwrecks that are not fun to play.

So if the game itself isn't good then I don't expect mods to fix that. For example nobody really managed to fix Skyrim's weak quest structure and story and this is the game with the most active modding community out there. And in nearly all other cases you can't expect the same level of moddability as for Skyrim anyway.

Sex mods are a nice bonus but nothing I base my game purchase decisions on.

Genuine 'adult games' on the other hand interest me. But most are abysmal so I rarely buy them. Guess that will change in the near future, the market for them explodes and there might be more gems hidden under that mountain of shit.

Yes for certain games it does increase the chance I will buy. Especially games that are really mediocre and/or over-priced. Also increases the chance that I will double-dip on games that were only on PS4 previously (like Senran Kagura and Dead or Alive). But also a decent amount of fan-service and near nudity will usually get me to bite as well. I'm a sucker for lewd Japanese games especially. I will also buy anything that has a Futanari Mod.

I voted 'yes' in the poll because in the grand scheme of things it certainly earns the game some extra points to have lewd mods. It's not a particularly important factor in my purchase choices, though. I've never bought a game just for the lewd mods,that's for sure. 

Archived