Hi, I'm having a problem with the Giant Frostbite Spiders dying as soon as they hit the ground in Bleak Falls, i found that this was already happening in More Nasty Critters: SLAL Edition from Oldrim (https://www.loverslab.com/topic/78746-more-nasty-critters-slal-edition/?page=51) But i wasn't able to find if there is fix for it, if anyone knows how to fix it i would be glad to hear it... 
Also thanks for the mod....

9 hours ago, Muji-k said:

Hi, I'm having a problem with the Giant Frostbite Spiders dying as soon as they hit the ground in Bleak Falls, i found that this was already happening in More Nasty Critters: SLAL Edition from Oldrim (https://www.loverslab.com/topic/78746-more-nasty-critters-slal-edition/?page=51) But i wasn't able to find if there is fix for it, if anyone knows how to fix it i would be glad to hear it... 

Yeah, I have that problem sometimes too. Quicksave before you get there, then try entering the room multiple times. Skyrim is just stupid with those spiders - I always just console resurrect them when it happens, since it doesn't always. I think you'll find that sometimes the spider falls and dies and sometimes it "climbs" down like it should.

10 hours ago, Fredfish said:

The spider in Bleak Falls is named Wounded Giant spider, I'm guessng it has less health than most spiders and the fall kills it.

Right, but it's not supposed to die that way. It should work like all other ceiling-ambush spiders: when you enter a trigger area, they spawn and drop a few feet (engine quirks no doubt) then lower themselves to the ground. They should touch down without taking any damage.

I have a problem were i CTD when initiating a creature animation. It seems to only be with creatures, it strips my PC and then it ctashes...now I do have quite a lot of FNIS animations (about 15000) and I know that might be a factor however it works with human actors... I also have more nasty critters and sos creatures and also I am missing sexlab tools if that information is needed in any way. I hope someone has some ideas as to what could be causing my CTD's 

2 hours ago, Volodja1 said:

I have a problem were i CTD when initiating a creature animation. It seems to only be with creatures, it strips my PC and then it ctashes...now I do have quite a lot of FNIS animations (about 15000) and I know that might be a factor however it works with human actors... I also have more nasty critters and sos creatures and also I am missing sexlab tools if that information is needed in any way. I hope someone has some ideas as to what could be causing my CTD's 

15000 is well into the danger area with animations. See if you can't prune it back to 10k or less.

5 minutes ago, babylight41 said:

I have the same problem as her and I have under 5K animations

Did you just assume my gender!! ;) 

I made it work but I did a number of things at once so I am not sure what fixed it. 

1. I uninstalled hydraslavegirls witch wasn't ported for SE. 

2. I removed the sos creatures mod as I saw it was causing a lot of conflict

3. In vortex I made sure that only the files from more nasty critters were being used 

4. I ran FNIS with the HHX (I think it was called) patch checked

5. In game I made sure that the animations were registered in sexlab and that "allow creature" was on 

PS. I also removed defeat but I plan on putting it back soon for testing, since I don't see the conflicts there, but who knows? 

I hope some of this can help you 

18 minutes ago, Volodja1 said:

Did you just assume my gender!! ;) 

I made it work but I did a number of things at once so I am not sure what fixed it. 

1. I uninstalled hydraslavegirls witch wasn't ported for SE. 

2. I removed the sos creatures mod as I saw it was causing a lot of conflict

3. In vortex I made sure that only the files from more nasty critters were being used 

4. I ran FNIS with the HHX (I think it was called) patch checked

5. In game I made sure that the animations were registered in sexlab and that "allow creature" was on 

PS. I also removed defeat but I plan on putting it back soon for testing, since I don't see the conflicts there, but who knows? 

I hope some of this can help you 

I kinda guessed that you were female if you are not I'm sorry I called you a girl.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2019 at 5:28 PM, tasairis said:

Right, but it's not supposed to die that way. It should work like all other ceiling-ambush spiders: when you enter a trigger area, they spawn and drop a few feet (engine quirks no doubt) then lower themselves to the ground. They should touch down without taking any damage.

My best guess at this is that the altered models for the large spiders - I've encountered two so far that have this problem; the one in Bleak Falls and one in another dungeon that I don't remember the name of where instead of falling it got stuck in the ceiling hole instead - are larger than the default ones. I surmise that the way they are coded they are supposed to appear in the center of the ceiling holes and lower down to the ground in a normal spider-like rappelling animation which is designed to end when it makes contact with the first surface (in this case, the ground).

Because the spider model is larger it's causing it to touch the sides of the hole it appears in. Since it's designed to exit the "rappelling" animation upon making contact with another surface this contact with the sides of the hole breaks the animation and causes physics to become enabled. It's at this point that the spider begins to fall and, based on the distance it is falling from, the fall damage is killing it.

As I said, this is just a guess but it definitely seems to fit the bill.

On 3/9/2019 at 9:02 PM, Llethander said:

As I said, this is just a guess but it definitely seems to fit the bill.

According to SSEEdit, FrostbiteSpiderRaceGiant "Frostbite Spider" [RACE:0004E507] like the one in Bleak Falls is originally male height 1.9 but MNC edits it to 1.0. The female is 1.0 and unchanged. Hypothetically, if the spider was supposed to drop not by a fixed distance but by some multiple of its height, that drop in height would mean the spider "thinks" it hits the ground about halfway down and from there fall normally. And that sounds about right.

On 3/12/2019 at 8:27 PM, tasairis said:

According to SSEEdit, FrostbiteSpiderRaceGiant "Frostbite Spider" [RACE:0004E507] like the one in Bleak Falls is originally male height 1.9 but MNC edits it to 1.0. The female is 1.0 and unchanged. Hypothetically, if the spider was supposed to drop not by a fixed distance but by some multiple of its height, that drop in height would mean the spider "thinks" it hits the ground about halfway down and from there fall normally. And that sounds about right.

Hmm... that would be an odd way of coding it but this is Bethesda we're talking about, I wouldn't put it past them, haha. Granted every time I've done Bleak Falls - and trust me, I've had to restart a ridiculous number of times in the last month due to mod conflicts and issues with removing mods part way through a playthrough - the spider has appeared, floated in place for a second, and then fallen straight down from the hole, dying upon making contact with the ground.

As I'm not sure, does MNC alter the models in any significant ways or is it just a better skeleton or retexture? If it alters the models perhaps that might be connected. Like if the stance is different causing the legs to spread more than default / larger opisthosoma / some other alteration that causes it to make contact with the environment.

It's a puzzling issue, to be sure.

On 4/25/2018 at 6:53 PM, Pfiffy said:

If CF is gets stuck initializing, it is usually a problem with JC not working correctly. Check if you have a fitting combination of your JC, SKSE, and SKYRIM versions

SKyrim 1.5.23 - SKSE 2.0.6 - JC 4.0.0 or 4.0.1

Skyrim 1.5.39 - SKSE 2.0.7 - JC 4.1

i have the same problem, but i have the very newest JC (uploaded today i think) but i'm not sure if it isnt other things as my SOS wont recognize any addons and neither will my beeingfemale activate or recognize almost all addons. Not a CF problem mainly, just maybe you (or anyone here) knows what's up. (i'm sure its because of the recent update)

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2019 at 6:44 AM, Llethander said:

Hmm... that would be an odd way of coding it but this is Bethesda we're talking about, I wouldn't put it past them, haha. Granted every time I've done Bleak Falls - and trust me, I've had to restart a ridiculous number of times in the last month due to mod conflicts and issues with removing mods part way through a playthrough - the spider has appeared, floated in place for a second, and then fallen straight down from the hole, dying upon making contact with the ground.

As I'm not sure, does MNC alter the models in any significant ways or is it just a better skeleton or retexture? If it alters the models perhaps that might be connected. Like if the stance is different causing the legs to spread more than default / larger opisthosoma / some other alteration that causes it to make contact with the environment.

It's a puzzling issue, to be sure.

The most interesting thing is, that in some cases the spider survives the fall... (it is about 1 time in 50 or so...) 

18 minutes ago, Goliath94K said:

for some reason CF is not showing up in the MCM menu and when i start a new game i get a CTD as soon as CF starts loading. has anyone gotten this problem before?

On 3/17/2019 at 12:51 AM, florisvideler said:

i have the same problem, but i have the very newest JC (uploaded today i think) but i'm not sure if it isnt other things as my SOS wont recognize any addons and neither will my beeingfemale activate or recognize almost all addons. Not a CF problem mainly, just maybe you (or anyone here) knows what's up. (i'm sure its because of the recent update)

I had no problems with the latest updates so far, Can give a bit more info about your config?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Furlow69 said:

Sorry if someone else brought up this issue, but Creature Framework keeps giving me a error that JC containers isn't loaded or to old version.  I have the latest version available.

make sure that you installed it correctly... It seems to be a common problem that I can't reproduce since the first release of JC and CF for SE.

On 4/16/2019 at 11:08 PM, Pfiffy said:

make sure that you installed it correctly... It seems to be a common problem that I can't reproduce since the first release of JC and CF for SE.

Well, I tried both of them, reinstalling and still saying same thing.  I'm using Mod Organizer 2, not sure what I might of done wrong.  Though, it is showing that JC is a redundant mod? o.O...

19 hours ago, Furlow69 said:

Well, I tried both of them, reinstalling and still saying same thing.  I'm using Mod Organizer 2, not sure what I might of done wrong.  Though, it is showing that JC is a redundant mod? o.O...

I'm again at the point where i have to say that MO makes as much Problemas as it solves... I'm using the good old NMM and never had that issue... But I have some others..

19 hours ago, Furlow69 said:

Make sure JContainers is one of the last mods (at the bottom of the Left hand panel in MO2)

If Jcontainers is greyed out then something, presumably an older version of JContainers from another mod, is overwriting it

(If you highlight JContainers MO2 should highlight another mod further down in red, this is the culprit)

My left hand panel usually looks something like this:-

<mod list>

JContainers SE

PapyrusUtil SE

Papyrus Extended

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended-1988-4-51

Overwrite