SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

4 hours ago, outtamercy said:

the first time an animation tried to start it crashed my game.  any ideas?  everything is up to date, or at least i think it is.  i can post my LO if needed.

Have you run FNIS? If not, do so.

If you have run FNIS, double check that animations have been installed properly by using SAE to trigger one manually. If that also crashes the game, it means you have not run FNIS correctly. If the animation doesn't cause the game to crash, it is probably a load order or script issue.

15 hours ago, osmosis-wrench said:

Have you run FNIS? If not, do so.

If you have run FNIS, double check that animations have been installed properly by using SAE to trigger one manually. If that also crashes the game, it means you have not run FNIS correctly. If the animation doesn't cause the game to crash, it is probably a load order or script issue.

yes i have ran fnis.  what do you mean not ran it correctly?  didn't know that there was a way to run it incorrectly.....  it's the animation that's making it crash.  everything was fine until i decided to test the animation lol

On 4/27/2020 at 5:06 PM, Commandment said:

Can you run it with Genesis?

Without creatures? Perhaps, I'm not entirely sure. Technically SexLab Framework and SLAL does not have a master of FNIS's esp, and you could use Nemesis as an alternate way of injecting animations into Skyrim, but there are two main problems:

1. Some animations might not work correctly

2. There is no creature support yet from Nemesis

If you want any of that, then Nemesis is not the way to go, even if you use the hybrid version some have talked about. I tried it for a bit myself, and the issue of using that hybrid is that 3rd person animations of your player simply do not work, and a bunch of other complexing issues (like exiting a cleared dungeon drops your framerate to a crawl... yeah, that specific).

So, I would highly recommend using FNIS for all that SexLab can offer, but if you were to use Nemesis and only want human animations try at your own risk.

On 1/13/2018 at 9:53 AM, Revanswe said:

Seems like upgrading to sexlabs 1.63 broke the sex animations for my custom race (Succubus). It worked fine with sexlabs lite 0.1.1 (after I used sexlab register custom race spell) but 1.63 doesn't seem to have that function. At least not yet

Was this ever solved? I’m still having the same issue.

I faced an issue with Sexlab scaling running although toggled off. Another mod might have interfered. I installed SetVehicleFixPlugin and it has kept scaling off. It might be worth tweaking the control to not allow other mods to dictate this setting.

When running a Sexlab animation, even when I manually adjusted the scale using the console during the animation, the automatically scaling would kick in after a few seconds. No furniture was involved. Just two person scenes.

1 minute ago, Cicro72 said:

I faced an issue with Sexlab scaling running although toggled off. Another mod might have interfered. I installed SetVehicleFixPlugin and it has kept scaling off. It might be worth tweaking the control to not allow other mods to dictate this setting.

When running a Sexlab animation, even when I manually adjusted the scale using the console during the animation, the automatically scaling would kick in after a few seconds. No furniture was involved. Just two person scenes.

AFAIK, there isn't a SetVehicleFixPlugin DLL available for SKSE64/SSE.  Are you sure you're talking about the SSE version of Sexlab?

1 hour ago, 4nk8r said:

AFAIK, there isn't a SetVehicleFixPlugin DLL available for SKSE64/SSE.  Are you sure you're talking about the SSE version of Sexlab?

I took the one within the More Nasty Critters SE mod version 12.06A at 

I see that version 12_02SE does not include the plugin.

Question about the sexlab expressions.  Are they set stage by stage by the actual animation creator or does sexlab apply progressive facial expressions?  Cause I don't seem to get any facial expression beyond a mild smirk during animations tagged as agressive and being activated by Defeat, and no O-face at the end, which maybe I'm imagining but I feel were part of the older versions of sexlab back in the early years of skyrim.

25 minutes ago, no_way said:

Question about the sexlab expressions.  Are they set stage by stage by the actual animation creator or does sexlab apply progressive facial expressions?  Cause I don't seem to get any facial expression beyond a mild smirk during animations tagged as agressive and being activated by Defeat, and no O-face at the end, which maybe I'm imagining but I feel were part of the older versions of sexlab back in the early years of skyrim.

the only control animators have is "mouth open?, yes or no"

Hey there, I posted about this a month ago or so in the technical support forum, but this time around I'm posting some relevant information from the papyrus debug log to help resolve this.

Basically for some reason, my character is not a valid target for animation during a scene. I'm not certain why, because she's a vanilla race, which leads me to think something else might be interfering with how SL is working. This is listed in the console during a animation involving my character. Basically, SL doesn't seem to recognize that my character is in the animation, or is already being animated somehow.

[02/11/2020 - 03:20:30PM] SEXLAB - NOTICE: ValidateActor(Claudia) -- FALSE -- They appear to already be animating
[02/11/2020 - 03:20:30PM] Info: SEXLAB - FATAL - Thread[1] AddActor(Claudia) - AddActor(Claudia) -- Failed to add actor -- They are not a valid target for animation
stack:
    <unknown self>.Debug.TraceStack() - "<native>" Line ?
    [SexLabThread01 (0F062452)].sslthreadcontroller.FATAL() - "sslThreadModel.psc" Line 1153
    [SexLabThread01 (0F062452)].sslthreadcontroller.AddActor() - "sslThreadModel.psc" Line ?
    [SexLabThread01 (0F062452)].sslthreadcontroller.AddActors() - "sslThreadModel.psc" Line ?
    [SexLabQuestFramework (0F000D62)].sexlabframework.StartSex() - "SexLabFramework.psc" Line 3036
    [SexLabQuestFramework (0F000D62)].sexlabframework.QuickStart() - "SexLabFramework.psc" Line 3040
    [Active effect 5 on  (00000014)].sslEffectDebug.OnEffectStart() - "sslEffectDebug.psc" Line 25
[02/11/2020 - 03:20:31PM] SEXLAB - NOTICE: StartSex() - Failed to add some actors to thread

Is there anything I can do to resolve this? Because pretty much everything else is working perfectly fine. This is also a problem on any character I make, and it's consistently been the only issue I've had with SL.

9 hours ago, flipdarkfuture said:

Hey there, I posted about this a month ago or so in the technical support forum, but this time around I'm posting some relevant information from the papyrus debug log to help resolve this.

Basically for some reason, my character is not a valid target for animation during a scene. I'm not certain why, because she's a vanilla race, which leads me to think something else might be interfering with how SL is working. This is listed in the console during a animation involving my character. Basically, SL doesn't seem to recognize that my character is in the animation, or is already being animated somehow.

[02/11/2020 - 03:20:30PM] SEXLAB - NOTICE: ValidateActor(Claudia) -- FALSE -- They appear to already be animating
[02/11/2020 - 03:20:30PM] Info: SEXLAB - FATAL - Thread[1] AddActor(Claudia) - AddActor(Claudia) -- Failed to add actor -- They are not a valid target for animation
stack:
    <unknown self>.Debug.TraceStack() - "<native>" Line ?
    [SexLabThread01 (0F062452)].sslthreadcontroller.FATAL() - "sslThreadModel.psc" Line 1153
    [SexLabThread01 (0F062452)].sslthreadcontroller.AddActor() - "sslThreadModel.psc" Line ?
    [SexLabThread01 (0F062452)].sslthreadcontroller.AddActors() - "sslThreadModel.psc" Line ?
    [SexLabQuestFramework (0F000D62)].sexlabframework.StartSex() - "SexLabFramework.psc" Line 3036
    [SexLabQuestFramework (0F000D62)].sexlabframework.QuickStart() - "SexLabFramework.psc" Line 3040
    [Active effect 5 on  (00000014)].sslEffectDebug.OnEffectStart() - "sslEffectDebug.psc" Line 25
[02/11/2020 - 03:20:31PM] SEXLAB - NOTICE: StartSex() - Failed to add some actors to thread

Is there anything I can do to resolve this? Because pretty much everything else is working perfectly fine. This is also a problem on any character I make, and it's consistently been the only issue I've had with SL.

Looking at the code in github, what seems to be happening to me is that your character is already in the animating faction when sexlab tries to make them animate which makes it throw this error.

It's possible I guess that you've gotten stuck in the animating faction somehow?
You could test the following:

1. Open the console with the ~ key.
  2. Type in "Help Animating" without the quotation marks.
  3. There should be a an entry that looks like "FACT: (faction-id) 'Sexlab Animating Actors'".
  4. Note down the numbers/letters that are in the brackets, this is the id of the sexlab animating faction.
  5. Now type "Player.addtofaction FactionIdGoesHere -1" replacing FactionIdGoesHere with the faction-id you noted down.

Save the game, and test to see if you can animate using sexlab.

3 hours ago, osmosis-wrench said:

Looking at the code in github, what seems to be happening to me is that your character is already in the animating faction when sexlab tries to make them animate which makes it throw this error.

It's possible I guess that you've gotten stuck in the animating faction somehow?

Unfortunately I've tried removing her from the animating faction, but no luck, still comes up with the message that she appears to already be animated.

4 hours ago, flipdarkfuture said:

Unfortunately I've tried removing her from the animating faction, but no luck, still comes up with the message that she appears to already be animated.

Run the rebuild/reinstall function from the sexlab mcm. And also don't use the debug function to start animations, use matchmaker or some other sexlab mod to start sex.

18 hours ago, Ashal said:

Run the rebuild/reinstall function from the sexlab mcm. And also don't use the debug function to start animations, use matchmaker or some other sexlab mod to start sex.

Tried that, and still having the same issue with my character. I did notice that sexlab wasn't sure if FNIS sex idles were installed, it had a blue question mark next to it. Could that be the reason?

I currently have a similar problem.
I have a fresh installation.

After some testing it looks like the reason is: casting the MatchMaker "Irresistibly attractive - target" spell multiple times.
When casting once everything seems to work just fine.
You can test it yourself and check if this is also the reason in your case.