SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

I know i posted this before but I'm having issues with some animations working and others not, like i have match maker which works fine as well as prostitution mod which also works and defeat which also works. Then i have things that half work(i guess) the actors just stand in place naked making noises and doing facial animations. My FNIS says there are no issues so I'm confused. Examples of stuff that doesn't work  are kissing my follower, Pleasure Self and Fornicate spells, and various other animations. So idk if it's FNIS or the framework itself any help would be appreciated. I use Vortex if that helps at all

On 4/7/2020 at 3:20 AM, FayeHysk said:

I know i posted this before but I'm having issues with some animations working and others not, like i have match maker which works fine as well as prostitution mod which also works and defeat which also works. Then i have things that half work(i guess) the actors just stand in place naked making noises and doing facial animations. My FNIS says there are no issues so I'm confused. Examples of stuff that doesn't work  are kissing my follower, Pleasure Self and Fornicate spells, and various other animations. So idk if it's FNIS or the framework itself any help would be appreciated. I use Vortex if that helps at all

Make sure that all of your mods are for Special Edition. LE animations will not work. When running FNIS check the HKX Compatibility patch which will warn about incompatible animation files. In-game go to SexLab MCM -> Rebuild & Clean, click on the Clean System option then follow the instructions in the popups.

1 hour ago, no_way said:

Is there any way to prevent the dialogue option "hit E to talk to X" from popping up during a scene?  Not sure if its sexlab or defeat but its quite distracting haha.

SexLab turns off the hud. Do you have something turning it back on?

On 4/6/2020 at 4:20 PM, FayeHysk said:

I'm running into the same problem where one of the actors in a scene will be frozen in place while the other(s) will follow the animations. Usually the player character is the one that gets stuck, but I have had it happen to NPC's as well, most commonly in 3 ways. I have double and triple checked FNIS making sure the proper boxes were checked and no errors were showing, as well as checked my animation packs to make sure they are all the SE versions. While testing I did notice that if a character was going to freeze the animations would take longer to load than normal and the cell I was in would reload several times before starting. It is also worth noting that it doesn't seem to matter what animation is used as I have had my character freeze when starting some of the default sexlab animations. Another problem that stems from this is that if my character freezes the controls for sexlab will also stop working preventing me from ending the animation. I feel I should also mention that I didn't have this problem in the beta 7 version and my load order hasn't changed much from then other than updates for compatibility reasons.

7 hours ago, no_way said:

Is there any way to prevent the dialogue option "hit E to talk to X" from popping up during a scene?  Not sure if its sexlab or defeat but its quite distracting haha.

Console command

tm

means "Toggle Menus" but what it really does is toggle the entire UI, not just "menus." Hit it again to restore the UI.

There is a distinct advantage to using this method instead of the Sexlab "auto-free cam" or dedicated hotkey function- the SexLab functions kill my "dolly up" and "dolly down" camera controls, making it almost impossible to shoot a decent video. I don't know why it is that SexLab freecam does this, but the Flower Girls freecam hotkey does the same thing, so maybe it's a shortcoming in SKSE or in the clunky old Gamebryo engine itself. I asked @Ashalabout it about 8 years ago or so :classic_tongue: but I guess he's been especially busy since then and just hasn't had time to respond. In all fairness, I have never seen all of Skyrim Freecam's controls documented anywhere, so maybe the issue is that nobody fucking knows, which would mean that I know as much about it as anyone. If that's true, be afraid- be very afraid.

I have the tm command (and other console commands) set up as keyboard macros on my Programmable Keys (G1-G9 x 3 banks =27 available macro keys).

I have one macro that issues 3 separate commands in sequence:

`tm
tfc
sucsm 1
`

The little ` marks are the un-Shifted values of the Console Activate key (Tilde [~] on US keyboards).  This macro key opens the console, toggles the UI (preventing the subsequent commands from showing), toggles Free Cam and slows the camera movement way down with SetUfoCamSpeedMultiplier 10% of normal, enabling relatively smooth panning and dollying (panning=aiming and dollying=moving)

Also, you have to program in some short delays between letters and longer between commands to give the system a chance to execute each keypress as well as each command when the Enter key is pressed- I use:

• 0.050 secs after the initial tilde (~) key and after the Enter key at the end of each command
  • 0.010 secs Key Down time (time the key is "pressed")
  • 0.025 secs between keypresses

on my i5-3570K / DDR3 / GTX970 potato. Faster machines can probably get by with shorter delay times.

In case you're wondering what's the BFD about dolly up and dolly down, this old video I made the week I finally stumbled onto the Dolly Up/Dn controls shows it off pretty well:

On 4/4/2020 at 11:51 PM, tasairis said:

Not possible without a fair bit of extra work. SexLab's stats are stored in a way that DAR can't access - unless the author added support for PapyrusUtil, which they might be able to do.

The only way I see this working now is by setting up a cloak on the player to hit all nearby actors, adding and removing specific effects on each actor according to the stat. Then with DAR you could use the HasMagicEffect condition.

All in all it's not too bad to do, but certainly not as easy as writing up a text file.

Unless there's a mod out there that reads SexLab stats and applies factions/magic effects to nearby actors already? That could be useful. Would make it much easier to write dialogue or spell conditions... Hell, I'm tempted to do that myself.

SL Triggers maybe?

1 hour ago, Vyxenne said:

Console command

tm

means "Toggle Menus" but what it really does is toggle the entire UI, not just "menus." Hit it again to restore the UI.

There is a distinct advantage to using this method instead of the Sexlab "auto-free cam" or dedicated hotkey function- the SexLab functions kill my "dolly up" and "dolly down" camera controls, making it almost impossible to shoot a decent video. I don't know why it is that SexLab freecam does this, but the Flower Girls freecam hotkey does the same thing, so maybe it's a shortcoming in SKSE or in the clunky old Gamebryo engine itself. I asked @Ashalabout it about 8 years ago or so :classic_tongue: but I guess he's been especially busy since then and just hasn't had time to respond. In all fairness, I have never seen all of Skyrim Freecam's controls documented anywhere, so maybe the issue is that nobody fucking knows, which would mean that I know as much about it as anyone. If that's true, be afraid- be very afraid.

I have the tm command (and other console commands) set up as keyboard macros on my Programmable Keys (G1-G9 x 3 banks =27 available macro keys).

I have one macro that issues 3 separate commands in sequence:

`tm
tfc
sucsm 1
`

The little ` marks are the un-Shifted values of the Console Activate key (Tilde [~] on US keyboards).  This macro key opens the console, toggles the UI (preventing the subsequent commands from showing), toggles Free Cam and slows the camera movement way down with SetUfoCamSpeedMultiplier 10% of normal, enabling relatively smooth panning and dollying (panning=aiming and dollying=moving)

Also, you have to program in some short delays between letters and longer between commands to give the system a chance to execute each keypress as well as each command when the Enter key is pressed- I use:

• 0.050 secs after the initial tilde (~) key and after the Enter key at the end of each command
  • 0.010 secs Key Down time (time the key is "pressed")
  • 0.025 secs between keypresses

on my i5-3570K / DDR3 / GTX970 potato. Faster machines can probably get by with shorter delay times.

In case you're wondering what's the BFD about dolly up and dolly down, this old video I made the week I finally stumbled onto the Dolly Up/Dn controls shows it off pretty well:

Hmm that doesn't work for me unfortunately because it also hides the SL seperate orgasm bars.  :(

On 3/28/2020 at 12:29 AM, Ashal said:

I'm getting  serious about development again so I can finally get this damn build out of beta.  Just spent a good 6 hours getting my skryim se back into testing and development state again with everything up to date and another few hours actually playing with the mod for once to get a feel for things again.

So once again, I must ask, what are the current longstanding bugs or api requests people have? I really don't want to go over 30+ pages of posts here to piece it together. So, if there is something that you feel really needs to be addressed in the next update, TELL ME NOW.

The major things on my current TODO list are as follows:

• Finish the new hook system
  • Increase max animation registry limit again
  • A targeted npc spell for editing their sexlab related settings easily

A lot of the older animations need fixing or replacing and can you please make a way for us to make ones we don't want,disable in the list and surpressed not be counted by FNIS please.

Hey guys, so I'm sure answers to this exist, but my searching has yielded nothing as there are a lot of posts to go through. With that in mind I'll keep these to short answer questions:

1) My SL animations have always been handled by a series of harsh teleports leading to the two actors teleporting in to one another before the animation starts: is this expected behavior?

2) If yes to 1), is this because of a lack of animation resources, a sexlab issue, an SKSE issue, or an interaction between skse and sl, or do we not know?

4 hours ago, bvcs said:

Hey guys, so I'm sure answers to this exist, but my searching has yielded nothing as there are a lot of posts to go through. With that in mind I'll keep these to short answer questions:

1) My SL animations have always been handled by a series of harsh teleports leading to the two actors teleporting in to one another before the animation starts: is this expected behavior?

2) If yes to 1), is this because of a lack of animation resources, a sexlab issue, an SKSE issue, or an interaction between skse and sl, or do we not know?

There are a "Disable Teleport" option on the SexLab MCM to do that inside the "Animation Settings" page. If enabled the actors will walk to the Animation start point. At least get stock in the way, in that case they will be teleported too.

17 hours ago, jb136 said:

Under the impression this contains the "latest" version of PapyrusUtil SE. Latest of PapyrusUtil is last month, https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13048?tab=description

Does this current sexlab have that version in it?

SexLab comes with a version of PapyrusUtil that is compatible with whatever version of Skyrim. It isn't necessarily the latest and greatest version. It's not like PapyrusUtil updates very often besides for new engine/SKSE releases.

17 hours ago, jb136 said:

If not, in MO2, should I have Sexlab overwrite PapyrusUtil or should PaypyrusUtil Overwrite Sexlab?

PapyrusUtil overwrite SexLab.

On 1/13/2018 at 3:23 AM, Ashal said:

Beta 8:

• Updated SexLabUtil.dll and PapyrusUtil.dll to the new version of SKSE  (2.0.17)
    • Skyrim SE, version 1.5.97 only

Known Issues:

• Animations take longer to start than normal right now.

hey...am a dumb potato and can't find anything related to this "known issues"

has anyone managed to bypass it ? 

edit: I am using the latest Skyrim SE edition, I do have all flower girls patches , all sexlab related mods installed, fnis, anything. 

the thing is, the sex animations work ( flower girl ) but the Amorous Adventures ones don't start at all ( the quest and midquest animations ) 

4 hours ago, alistair6643 said:

has anyone managed to bypass it ? 

What info do you want to find? It's a known issue, so we know it exist in the current version and won't be solved until a new version is released (if the bug has a viable fix).

the thing is, the sex animations work ( flower girl ) but the Amorous Adventures ones don't start at all ( the quest and midquest animations ) 

Flower Girls is another framework so you shouldn't expect to receive support about it here. Amorous Adventures has a version for FG or for Sexlab. If you have issues with it, it depends on which version you're using. Make sure you have all the requirements for Sexlab, especially check your FNIS for warnings or errors.

IIRC it's because SexLab is built for testing and debugging right now, meaning there is stuff in the DLL that helps Ashal but will slow down the framework in the game.

You can't work around it. When SexLab SE is released for real, a lot of that stuff will go away and everything should go a bit faster.

New user here. I when SexLab appears in the MCM on a completely new game (after installing in the MCM) -- and through gameplay, the "stats" option seems inactive and does not update. Is an add-on required for the stats option to work? Before clicking install in the MCM, all the prerequisites were marked as green -- except for Creatures, which I didn't install and was marked as "?". Do I need to install Creatures for the stats option to work?

23 minutes ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

New user here. I when SexLab appears in the MCM on a completely new game (after installing in the MCM) -- and through gameplay, the "stats" option seems inactive and does not update. Is an add-on required for the stats option to work? Before clicking install in the MCM, all the prerequisites were marked as green -- except for Creatures, which I didn't install and was marked as "?". Do I need to install Creatures for the stats option to work?

Your stats will not increment until you have sex with someone (or something if you use Creatures). You did not mention that you have had sex with anyone/thing yet ("through gameplay" doesn't imply that you have installed Matchmaker or any other triggering mod and actually done the deed.)

• Sexlab "stats" are only sex statistics, not your "strength" or "endurance" or whatever you are apparently expecting it to show. Just sex.
  • No,  you don't need another mod ("add-on") for stats to work.
  • No, you don't need to install Creatures for anything unless you want to have sex with, you know, creatures.

Thanks for the response. I didn't install Matchmaker at the time I wrote. I did, however, have Flower Girls installed and I did complete some Amorous Adventures quest. So I guess the question is that a "target" needs to be activated. Is a target set automatically, depending on a quest, or do I need to set a target? (For reference, I'm using an Xbox One controller on a Windows PC.)

4 minutes ago, TheRightDoorIsNotTheLeft said:

Thanks for the response. I didn't install Matchmaker at the time I wrote. I did, however, have Flower Girls installed and I did complete some Amorous Adventures quest. So I guess the question is that a "target" needs to be activated. Is a target set automatically, depending on a quest, or do I need to set a target? (For reference, I'm using an Xbox One controller on a Windows PC.)

Flower Girls is self-contained and 100% unrelated to any Sexlab content.  Any action initiated by FG is invisible to Sexlab.