SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

On 5/16/2021 at 4:13 AM, arshesney said:

You can workaround that by checking "require torso armor" (or require body armor, something along those lines) in AllGUD MCM.

Just as info, I recently discovered a new mod named "Simple Dual Sheath" that enables dual-sheath display (including shield on back) without the need for left-hand meshes OR a patcher script, AND it doesn't take up any Biped slots, AND it has no scripts- the mod is a single dll!

I haven't yet tested it with SexLab scenes to see if SL detects and removes my daggers as part of the stripping process. <yadda yadda yadda>

EDIT: I just tested this in-game by initiating a SL scene with my dual daggers sheathed on my hips (purely in the interest of science, of course. I love science. :classic_angel: ) Anyhoo, SL dutifully stripped my daggers along with everything else that was specified for stripping in the SL MCM. Woohoo!

2 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

You can disable strapons entirely in the MCM, but sadly, it's an all-or-nothing deal- once you disable strapons to stop the ludicrous inappropriate use of it (including pegging males but also giving hand/boob/blow jobs to it... as if it could feel any of that.)

Once you disable strapons, you will in fact stop the "jobs" being done to them, as well as females pegging males. However, you will also be treated to FF scenes where one of them is fucking the other with ... air. Nothing. Just going through the motions with absolutely no penetration or even contact. It looks, and is, ludicrous.

What is needed IMHO is some kind of keyword or tag that identifies specifically when a strapon is called for, animation by animation. You can't treat it like an actual dick, because that leads to the goofy-looking "jobs" being performed on them as though the wielder could feel the lips or labia or boobs or hands sliding up and down on it. I don't really know what the solution would be, except to say that it needs to be specifically about strapons, not just as it is today, where the program apparently says "OK, 2 females, so one of them must be in the male role, slap a rubber dick on her."

Maybe instead of a permissive case tag, we need a restrictive case- a STRAPNO tag that means "Do not use this animation if a strapon is in play," or conversely, "Do not use a strapon if this animation is in the mix." I just know there's got to be a better solution than just globally disabling strapons OR the current situation where everybody pretends that plastic has feelings- nudge, nudge, wink, wink (barf). ?

The Gay and Straight tags on the Animation with the option to Restrict the Strap-on on the GitHub version already do the job.

13 hours ago, osmelmc said:

The Gay and Straight tags on the Animation with the option to Restrict the Strap-on on the GitHub version already do the job.

OK, well, I'm using the latest (April) Dev build and I have Restrict Strapons ticked, and I never, ever see a strapon used except when I force-equip one on myself- I see what I described in my previous post- one girl fucking the other with *nothing* but air. Of course, that fixes the inappropriate hand/foot/boob/blow "jobs" being performed on strapons- you can't do a "job" on a strapon if nobody ever equips one.

I have had to put the Calyps strapon into my inventory and Favorite>>Hotkey it, so when I see that my PC should be using it, I hit the hotkey and BAM! She's using it. This has two distinct disadvantages:

• It does not help the situation where an NPC should be using it- I don't know of any way to force-equip a strapon to an NPC during a scene
  • After the scene, my PC is still wearing it- SexLab does not unequip it, which makes sense if SexLab failed to equip it in the first place. Sometimes, when I toggle my hotkey to unequip the strapon after a scene, I get a notice that says "You can not unequip that" so I have to use the console command "player.unequipitem 701a22a." (07 is the hex index of SexLab.esm in my game at the moment.)

I thought this was a core design limitation of SexLab and/or the Restrict Strapons function, which is why I have not posted it as an issue. But from what you just said, dear @osmelmc, maybe it is an issue! I would be delighted ?‍♀️ to find that the Dev version is broken, because that means it can be fixed!! :classic_heart: WOOHOO! ?

Like Don Quixote, I have been struggling with, and whining about, the strapon issues in SexLab for approximately ever, i,e, since SexLab's Oldrim launch at least 8 years ago. So this is a non-trivial issue for me- it is the sole and only reason I went to Flower Girls for a while. So, while I am not a Papyrus coder, I am very highly motivated to get the strapons issues in SexLab fixed. Please tell me how I can help you troubleshoot/test this!

11 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

I thought this was a core design limitation of SexLab and/or the Restrict Strapons function, which is why I have not posted it as an issue. But from what you just said, dear @osmelmc, maybe it is an issue! I would be delighted ?‍♀️ to find that the Dev version is broken, because that means it can be fixed!! :classic_heart: WOOHOO! ?

Yes seems to be a problem on the Scripts or in the configuration.

The Strap-on should get auto equiped when the female Actor is in the male position and of course unequiped once the female Actor is changed to a female position or the Animation end.

To the auto equip Strap-on work, first need some Strap-on on the Strap-on list of the SexLab MCM and then you have to Enable the option to "allow the female on male position" or "allow Strap-on" not sure about the name but that's the option to auto equip the Strap-on of the Strap-on list.

The "Restrict Strap-on" option is just to filter out the animations and remove the Gay and Straight tagged Animations from the current Animation list when all the Actors are Females. When you have at less one Male Actor the filter don't get applied because the sort Actor function is supposed to sort the actors to set the right position based on the gender.

By the way the bumping air issue is caused by the "SL Animation Load" and not by the "SexLab Framework".

The SexLab as default set the Strap-on for all the females on the male position when the option is enabled but allow you define on the Animation if you don't want the Strap-on on some of the stages for some of the Actors.

The SL Animation Load set this value as false as default instead of true like was supposed. So at less the author manually set the option as True when is making the JSON file, the Animation will have the bumping air issue.

The idea of the Restrict Strap-on option is deal with this allowing you to set the Gay or Straight tags on the Animations with the issue and that way be able to identify them and filter it out.

The reason for those tags is because many of the Animations with the issue already have one of those tags and seems better idea use those tags instead of make one new.

*** Check your configuration and let me know. I will also check the scripts for errors but I can't test myself and probably is just configuration.

You can also send me the Papyrus log if the issue is not in the configuration.

On 5/18/2021 at 11:52 AM, DevilForce said:

Hey, so I have this weird bug where animations would play but my character (not the NPC though) would stop mid-way through and just stand there while the npc actor is just fucking air on the ground? I can realign them by pressing the corresponding key, but it will jump back again, pressing space (the default key) to move the animation forward also takes me out of it. Video in spoiler.

Some Mod is taking the control of the player and applying some idle. Is hard to tell what mod is doing this because you can only see when the idle is reset back to the default one. Apparently you can't adjust the alignment of the Actors because the same or some other Mod is removing the SexLab Animating Faction from the player ( probably by mistake at use the ValidateActor function out of context.

The ValidateActor function issue is fixed on the SexLab GitHub version on development and  in the "SexLab Utility Plus" so you can try any of both

9 hours ago, Tsukinotaku said:

I used it with vortex but it s asy that all the sexlab mods are missing the "sexlab.esm" master

Then the mod has not been installed correctly or the mod download is corrupt. Try again.

8 hours ago, Caithness said:

Just tried out "Wearable Lanterns" mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7560 with it's MCM fix patch - and ran into problems - it overwrites JsonUtil used by Sexlab and is not compatible.

Make sure SexLab overwrites everything or install the stand-alone version of PapyrusUtil and make sure that overwrites everything.

2 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

Make sure SexLab overwrites everything or install the stand-alone version of PapyrusUtil and make sure that overwrites everything.

Thx - I am able to live without the mod pretty easily - given that Sexlab loads so early getting it to overwrite other mods would put them up in "esm and esl" territory wouldn't it?

2 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

Then the mod has not been installed correctly or the mod download is corrupt. Try again.

I've just downloaded it again and ran it through Vortex once again and it's still giving me the same problem

28 minutes ago, Caithness said:

Thx - I am able to live without the mod pretty easily - given that Sexlab loads so early getting it to overwrite other mods would put them up in "esm and esl" territory wouldn't it?

This is about overwriting the files in the mod rather than the plugin load order. SexLab includes the files for the latest version of PapyrusUtil but some other mods may contain older, incompatible versions. So make sure that the files in either SexLab or the latest stand-alone version of PapyrusUtil overwrite the files of all other mods.

22 minutes ago, Tsukinotaku said:

I've just downloaded it again and ran it through Vortex once again and it's still giving me the same problem

Make sure you are installing the full beta 8 mod and not beta 7->8 Upgrade patch which you will not need.

3 hours ago, Sailing Rebel said:

This is about overwriting the files in the mod rather than the plugin load order. SexLab includes the files for the latest version of PapyrusUtil but some other mods may contain older, incompatible versions. So make sure that the files in either SexLab or the latest stand-alone version of PapyrusUtil overwrite the files of all other mods.

Make sure you are installing the full beta 8 mod and not beta 7->8 Upgrade patch which you will not need.

The file I use is "SexLabFrameworkSE_v163_BETA8" so it's not the problem, and I did deploy it but the plugin "sexlab.esm" isn't even among the list of plugins so it's absent from the mod for some reason..

1 hour ago, Tsukinotaku said:

The file I use is "SexLabFrameworkSE_v163_BETA8" so it's not the problem, and I did deploy it but the plugin "sexlab.esm" isn't even among the list of plugins so it's absent from the mod for some reason..

Continuing the discussion here since this isn't an issue with any of DBF's mods. No reason for you to keep repeating yourself twice.

That sounds like a bad download or bad install then. I just downloaded the full beta 8 from the attachment and the esm is there. Uninstall and delete what you have. Redownload and try installing again.

This is what I see when I open the downloaded zip:

image.png.7fb47adca4a463193d3eddbc236f0130.png

15 minutes ago, zarantha said:

Continuing the discussion here since this isn't an issue with any of DBF's mods. No reason for you to keep repeating yourself twice.

That sounds like a bad download or bad install then. I just downloaded the full beta 8 from the attachment and the esm is there. Uninstall and delete what you have. Redownload and try installing again.

This is what I see when I open the downloaded zip:

image.png.7fb47adca4a463193d3eddbc236f0130.png

Yeah I checked the zip file and it does have the sexlab.esm so it's not a bad download.

At this point I'm starting to think that vortex just isn't doing a good job with installing it. I rarely ever do manual install so should I do so ? Was it ever required ?

I even went to check the data folder and as expected the sexlab.esm file is absent. I might just try to manually pastethe file there since Vortex won't do it...

31 minutes ago, Tsukinotaku said:

At this point I'm starting to think that vortex just isn't doing a good job with installing it. I rarely ever do manual install so should I do so ? Was it ever required ?

Is not the first time Vortex kill some Mod.

Just manually install it and problem solved.

30 minutes ago, Tsukinotaku said:

Yeah I checked the zip file and it does have the sexlab.esm so it's not a bad download.

I even went to check the data folder and as expected the sexlab.esm file is absent. I might just try to manually pastethe file there since Vortex won't do it...

It's been a while since I used vortex. I'd try reinstalling it normally again, then open up the mod staging folder and see how it looks in there. If everything looks right in the staging folder (it should look exactly like the contents of the zip minus the readme - there's no fomod) then try deploying again.

If it doesn't look like the zip, then extract the .7z file directly into the staging folder. When you go to deploy, vortex should bitch about the files being manually changed, select the option to keep the files. You should see the esm in the plugins if this works.

While you're doing this, keep an eye out for system messages to make sure it isn't your antivirus eating the file. If the esm disappears after manually extracting, it's probably this.

On 5/20/2021 at 8:26 AM, osmelmc said:

the bumping air issue is caused by the "SL Animation Load" and not by the "SexLab Framework".

The SexLab as default set the Strap-on for all the females on the male position when the option is enabled but allow you define on the Animation if you don't want the Strap-on on some of the stages for some of the Actors.

The SL Animation Load set this value as false as default instead of true like was supposed. So at less the author manually set the option as True when is making the JSON file, the Animation will have the bumping air issue.

Firstly, thank you for your informative response.

Here is my configuration:

1. Calyps Strapon is registered. I have tried to find a way to register the other two but can't get it done. Either I'm mistaken and they do not exist, or SexLab refuses to find them when I click "Rebuild Strap-on list."

20210521204809_1.jpg

2. I already had "Restrict Strapons use" enabled, and after reading your response, I additionally enabled "Females Use Strap-ons." I could not find an option for "Female in male role," although I do remember seeing it somewhere- was it removed in the Dev versions?

20210521205644_1.jpg

3. Here is my in-game test result:

Poor Adrianne is doing her best to pleasure me, but sadly, something in my game is depriving her of the necessary tool! I even have the "large dick inside" belly bulge, but there is no strap-on in sight, large or small. None. Zero. Zip. Nada. Strap-on content is nil. Also, because I hit "No" when it asked me if I was the dominant female, please note that Adrianne is definitely acting as a "female in male role" as she does her best to hammer me without a nail. ?:classic_tongue::classic_biggrin:

I will continue testing and see if I'm getting "bumping air" (I would've said "humping air" but to each his own.) :classic_heart:

8 hours ago, zarantha said:
8 hours ago, Tsukinotaku said:

It's been a while since I used vortex. I'd try reinstalling it normally again, then open up the mod staging folder and see how it looks in there. If everything looks right in the staging folder (it should look exactly like the contents of the zip minus the readme - there's no fomod) then try deploying again.

If it doesn't look like the zip, then extract the .7z file directly into the staging folder. When you go to deploy, vortex should bitch about the files being manually changed, select the option to keep the files. You should see the esm in the plugins if this works.

While you're doing this, keep an eye out for system messages to make sure it isn't your antivirus eating the file. If the esm disappears after manually extracting, it's probably this.

Guys, there's nothing wrong with Vortex's ability to install SexLab Framework or any other files including huge ones like Apachii Divine Elegance Store at 1.7GB. I have used Vortex to install 300+ mods and counting. The only ones it didn't get right automatically are ENB Presets, which did not install correctly when I ticked File Type "ENB" but installed perfectly when I selected File Type "Engine Injector." It DID get the ENB Binaries right automatically, as well as SKSE64- automatically.

That said, I have experienced a Vortex failure to update its own display on the Plugins page, such that a freshly-installed mod's plugin did not show up at all (neither Enabled nor Disabled) when I switched to the Plugins tab to verify it. Closing and restarting Vortex revealed the "missing" plugin, which had been there in my Data folder all along, just not displayed correctly in Vortex. Another issue I have noticed is that it is not always obvious when a filter is applied, causing "unexplained" display anomalies until I learned to ALWAYS hit the "Clear All Filters" button any time something seems to be missing or otherwise not as expected.

As Zarantha implies, I would suspect user issues (forgetting to Deploy if it's not set on automatic, etc.) or system issues (Windows is notorious for UAC overreach, especially if your games are installed in C:\Program Files (x86)) or AV false alarms (several ppl have reported AV alerts/blocks on SL installations) before throwing Vortex under the bus.

Also, Vortex keeps a log- what does it say after (apparently) failing to install Sexlab.esm?

9 hours ago, osmelmc said:

Is not the first time Vortex kill some Mod.

Just manually install it and problem solved.

Vortex doesn't "kill mods" in my experience. Other than the first few builds of Vortex, which had their share of bugs like most new alpha/beta releases, most reports of current versions "killing mods" are instead PEBCAK.

Manually installing SexLab Framework is not "problem solved" because it deprives you of the ability to easily and cleanly uninstall it later- it contains content that merges with other mods' content in several subfolders of the Data folder, such as the crap-ton of SL scripts that get intermingled with scripts from other mods. The same goes for updating it if/when it turns out that every file in the new version does not have an existing 1:1 matched counterpart in the old version or vice-versa.

In my humble opinion, the only mods that can reasonably be installed manually are mods that contain only Meshes and/or Textures in their own discrete subfolders (e.g. Data\Meshes\Armor\Scarlet Dawn\), plus an obviously-named plugin (e.g. "Scarlet Dawn Armor.esp" and not "Vyxenne's SD Armor Mashup and Recolors.esp" which gives not a clue what the name of the armor is.) Any mod more complex than that should absolutely be installed using a mod manager- even clunky old NMM would be better than manual installation. This is the reason that YouTube Bethesda modding tutorial gurus like GamerPoet and Gopher all recommend that users zip up the SKSE64 Scripts folder and install the resulting archive as a normal mod using a mod manager instead of just manually copying them into the Data\Scripts folder.

Yes, manually installing SexLab might solve the problem of getting it working TODAY (but it also may not, but by the time "we" figure out that it didn't, SexLab is impossible to remove in less than several hours of manual file-by-file comparison with the Archive), but even if it gets SL working, it does so by creating new problems for TOMORROW which is not good practice.

It would be far better for this user to either figure out what's going wrong with the Vortex installation process and fix it, or switch to MO2 or NMM or any other mod manager IMHO. Installing SexLab manually is not a good solution.

On 5/20/2021 at 5:07 PM, osmelmc said:

Some Mod is taking the control of the player and applying some idle. Is hard to tell what mod is doing this because you can only see when the idle is reset back to the default one. Apparently you can't adjust the alignment of the Actors because the same or some other Mod is removing the SexLab Animating Faction from the player ( probably by mistake at use the ValidateActor function out of context.

The ValidateActor function issue is fixed on the SexLab GitHub version on development and  in the "SexLab Utility Plus" so you can try any of both

Where can I find the Sexlab GitHub version? Or the other one? I looked it up but just in case its the wrong one I dont want to download anything unless I know for sure ? 
I could link my load order if that would help.

On 5/20/2021 at 10:28 PM, arshesney said:

Do you use Character Behavior Enhanced? If so, get rid of it.

And no, I'm not using that mod

loadorder.txt

22 minutes ago, DevilForce said:

Actually, I think I found the culprit, whenever my character has sex with someone, they do this hand covering thing on their pussy, and thats what always plays when she stands up, which mod could this be? ScreenShot64.png.b7ad231b84511dad0e4b1c15fbd9e4ed.pngScreenShot63.png.1a85b54781bd29725613cfc482e61f27.png

That seems to be the Aroused Idle and in the Animation you posted I also got the impression that was that. But that Idle is already forbidden for the Actors on the SexLab scene so like I said something is removing the "SexLab Animation Faction" from the player and probably also the NPC'S even if don't show issues. In which case the recommendation is the same.

You can get the SexLab Utility Plus from my Tweaks.

45 minutes ago, osmelmc said:

That seems to be the Aroused Idle and in the Animation you posted I also got the impression that was that. But that Idle is already forbidden for the Actors on the SexLab scene so like I said something is removing the "SexLab Animation Faction" from the player and probably also the NPC'S even if don't show issues. In which case the recommendation is the same.

You can get the SexLab Utility Plus from my Tweaks.

I already have that installed and I cleaned the system as well. Sexlab Aroused doesnt have animations enabled either way.. I think a whole bunch of mods have that idle but I just have no clue what mod does it because the mods might not even have an obvious setting that just disables that animation..