[mod] [Stellaris] Make Space Sexy Again

On 2/4/2018 at 11:30 PM, darkspleen said:

@Veldrisk Yes. Unfortunately I've been super busy as of late, so I haven't been able to work on the mod for the past few weeks. Thankfully mk40 has been working on a few items that will be added in the next update.

Looking forward to whatever you and Mk40 decide to add to the mod when you are able. :grin:

On 06/02/2018 at 6:29 PM, Veldrisk said:

Looking forward to whatever you and Mk40 decide to add to the mod when you are able. :grin:

Well in my case, I can hint that there will be some new policies, new techs and new buildings. ;) 

By the way, just a little reminder, we have Discord server if you want to follow our progress or maybe just chat.

https://discord.gg/TrkNsGU

If memory serves all but one of the tentacle events are either anomalies or linked to anomalies. Obviously there'll be more tentacle events once I implement the Primordial event chain.

As for leader events... what exactly do you mean by that?

I've been considering more war events since day one, so those'll definitely be a thing. As of right now the only specifically planned one is an alternative version of the Spoils of War event, but I literally just came up with some sort of 'resistance movement' sort of event while writing this, so that might also be a thing.

Discord link: https://discord.gg/9drg3kK

@Hunter136 I'm not terribly surprised that you haven't gotten the observation event. Its based off of the vanilla rogue scientist event, which I've gone 10 games in a row without getting, but should be much more likely to trigger. To put it into perspective its mean time to happen is 500 months, with the vanilla's being 5000. And keep in mind that that is assuming you have observation outposts on passive study.

If that's not working for you and you want to force it to trigger (or just want to check it out) you can select an appropriate planet and type "event sexy_observation.1" in the console (no quotation marks).

No prob. If it not coming up (naturally) continues to be an issue for you and other players I'll have to tweak it. My intent is for it to not appear every game (though in the short term I may change it to do that), but instead to have a pool of event chains that can each happen each game (with the end result being you'd get one or two of these observation events per game allowing for some variety each time you play).

23 hours ago, darkspleen said:

Do you have specific examples of what events you'd like to see more of?

I have yet to see the tentacle monster on the females that explore the planet. I'd honestly love to see tentacle monsters hiding on one of you planets and they keep impregnating women. I liked the "sex party" thing but I wish there was one more tentacle focused event or series of events. Ahhh a series would be so awesome for a planet, like first see some out lying events, then more common then finally breaks out across the entire planet. My race is only females but I gotta make believe so much.... Hope this mod helps!

So here's a small update on what I've been working on. I initially hit a deadend with increasing the image size for events (in my earlier forays I mistakenly thought I had made an entirely new type of window which I had not). I have now shifted to trying to modify the diplomacy window (which I KNOW is possible) to give us access to larger images.

2018_02_07_1.thumb.png.19485a56d3b209f18cf9ea239cbdb050.png

Now obviously that image does not actually fit the window (the image itself isn't wide enough), but it does serve as a proof of concept. One major thing I will have to figure out is how to prevent players from simply exiting out of the window. There is also the issue that this counts as a room, so I'll have to figure out how to prevent this from appearing behind leaders (I don't think this'll be that hard).

Anyways I've decided that I will put any work on the Primordial event chain on hold for now. I figured it'd just be best to wait for the new DLC to come out and see what modding changes it brings with it. And that'll also give me more time to work on this bigger image thing to see if I can get it to work as well.

@Hunter136 I honestly have no idea what would go into that from a mechanical and gameplay perspective. Can you give me an example of what that would entail?

@Sybian There are currently two planet based tentacle anomalies. I'll bump up their appearance rate in the next update by a bit and see how that works.

@darkspleenHey just got around to trying out your mod after being pretty busy, I really like it so far awesome job! I was actually working an update for my mod which will include some traits focused around interbreeding, so when a species with said interbreeding trait is on a planet with more then one species they will receive certain boosts, just managed to get this feature to work. I thought it would be really cool if there were events that could work in tandem with these traits. Just wanted to know what you thought :smile: 

@theman221 Thank you! I'm really curious as to how this interbreeding trait would work. Are you thinking of setting it up similar to the trait from the Asari Civilisation mod (yes I know its misspelled lol) where they reproduce slower without other species, but the more species on a planet the faster they reproduce or something?

And at this point I'm shying away from requiring your traits for anything in my mod since they are super unbalanced. I've been waiting to see how your mod shakes out first before committing.

@darkspleen ah yes they are indeed overpowered, probably won't be balanced in the next version either, but the one after I think I will get around to fixing that. I was just checking out the asari mod you mentioned, looks like it only varies if a pop has the xenophile ethic (as far as I can tell). But at the moment the interbreed trait will work something like that but right now it doesn't vary with the amount of other species there are on the planet though it will vary with what other species traits have i.e. one species may have a trait making it require to interbreed and other pop might have a trait which facilitates its needs etc. I would like to make it vary with the amount of xenos but boy oh boy it was already hard just getting it to register another pop so I don't know if I'll do that.

I haven't gotten around to reading all the posts on your thread, was just curious, what other features are you looking to add in the next update?