[mod] [Stellaris] Make Space Sexy Again

On 11/23/2018 at 1:50 AM, LordLovecraft said:

I don't believe so, but all the DLC is pretty great, and on sale right now.

Yes I bought some yesterday, but not all and with my luck it might have been just one of those I don't have I need.

Speaking of DLC: I plan to play as one of the 3 Synths for my next playthrough. Does this mod work with a Synth Empire? I don't just mean technically, I mean do they get different events? As much as I enjoy the mod on my current game, the events would be rather immersion breaking for Synths.

It isn't geared towards synths. At all. And to be honest it probably never will be.

As for DLC, assume you need all of them. I generally get my hands on a dlc within a week or so of release and thus test any new code I write with all the dlc I have. I do make some effort to make MASSA compatible with versions of the game not running all the dlc, but its honestly hit or miss.

14 hours ago, darkspleen said:

It isn't geared towards synths. At all. And to be honest it probably never will be.

As for DLC, assume you need all of them. I generally get my hands on a dlc within a week or so of release and thus test any new code I write with all the dlc I have. I do make some effort to make MASSA compatible with versions of the game not running all the dlc, but its honestly hit or miss.

No problem. I realized that you'd have to make completely new events with basically the work of a whole new mod, so I didn't expect it to be. Just thought I'd ask to know for sure. This way I can disable it when playing a Synth.

Regarding the DLC I got good news: I only had Stellaris and Utopia, when staring my current game and so far I noticed only one event that seemed empty/broken all the other dozens worked fine. There's also a potential edict that has no name and refers to missing stuff in it's descriptor. So nothing gamebreaking. So you can add to the front page, that it works 99% fine without DLC expect Utopia and perhaps even without that, in case others are weary of installing it. I purchased Synthetic Dawn and Leviathans on Black Friday, but kept them deactivated as I'd already started my current game.

For future reference: What about organic hive-minds? Run it with that or also wrong flavour event wise?

Sorta. Gestalt consciousnesses (aka hive minds both organic and robotic) were not something I was considering at all when I started on MASSA. A number of events do specifically check for the civic and won't run if you have it, but this isn't exactly universal for MASSA. Going through and adding that check for a lot of MASSA's events is on my todo list.

Do organic hive-minds work with MASSA flavor wise? Sorta? Kind of? Hive minds are set up in a sorta odd way tbh. Like.... they are a hive mind, but you still have leaders with unique names, traits, and skill levels. So I feel that a lot of anomalies still work, cause, at their core, they essentially consist of your science ship's leader, or a crew member, going someplace and getting raped.

I actually would like to add more events and the like specifically for gestalt consciousness civilizations, but to be honest I have neither the ideas nor pictures to make it feasible to do so.

On 11/27/2018 at 8:03 AM, ulm11 said:

Is anyone else having issues with constructing the various slime buildings? I have researched the tech multiple times and yet I have never seen an option to actually build anything. 

Same for me, other buildings works fine but slime ones doesn't show up at all.

1 hour ago, Starfire12 said:

Regarding the update I'm mostly curios what you and the other modmakers are going to do with the upcoming Xeno-Compatibility perk.

Well, for starters it makes the laggiest parts of a couple mods redundant, so the big thing would be "optimization"
Beyond adding a trait or civic that allows you to access the feature without spending an AP on it, and changing the notification to something lewd, my guess would be not much, as it's just... There. And a thing. Maybe someone will figure out how to use it to breed only specific species, but that's hardly lewd.

22 hours ago, LordLovecraft said:

Well, for starters it makes the laggiest parts of a couple mods redundant, so the big thing would be "optimization"
Beyond adding a trait or civic that allows you to access the feature without spending an AP on it, and changing the notification to something lewd, my guess would be not much, as it's just... There. And a thing. Maybe someone will figure out how to use it to breed only specific species, but that's hardly lewd.

I know I'll be looking at how it works since I was already working on adding something similar.

Though the AP sounds more like it'll affect the entire empire's population at once rather than focusing on specific species. So it may not necessarily make the existing versions obsolete. Not sure how well it would convert over to something limited to the existing species specific "male only," "female only," and machine assistance traits that already exist, or the gender-neutral variation I've been working on without seeing how it's structured first.

Sadly neither the first time nor unusual.

And no. Valve likely takes action at some time in the future but not at all quick.

The uploads to the workshop seems to not be crucial enough to justify a decent amount of moderators. Seemingly not even a minimal amount of moderators.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=281990&searchtext=make+space+sexy+again&childpublishedfileid=0&browsesort=textsearch&section=home

This mod alone is posted 7 times onto the workshop.

The oldest upload is from february.

One of the other mods that is regularly stolen is Sexual Gameplay.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=281990&searchtext=sexual+gameplay&childpublishedfileid=0&browsesort=textsearch&section=items

14 stolen uploads onto the workshop.

The first few from when the mod still was called Sexual Traits.

The stellaris launcher has a mod tool in it i.e. some of the uploads may not even be intended and by accident.

Valve is a company located in the USA and thus is bound by US law and customs. Meaning they are OK with violence, blood and gore but absolutely not with a singular exposed female nipple.

When this stolen mod is found on the workshop it should be reported as adult mod containing sexual content.

This action is bound to force a faster reaction of valve. It could take 12 month instead of 18 ...

But valve is of a laissez faire attitude. They mostly don't even check the games themselves whether they are legitimate.

Employees cost money. Money you are forced to spent lowers profit.

On 12/2/2018 at 12:27 AM, JesusKreist said:

Valve is a company located in the USA and thus is bound by US law and customs. Meaning they are OK with violence, blood and gore but absolutely not with a singular exposed female nipple.

When this stolen mod is found on the workshop it should be reported as adult mod containing sexual content.

This action is bound to force a faster reaction of valve. It could take 12 month instead of 18 ...

But valve is of a laissez faire attitude. They mostly don't even check the games themselves whether they are legitimate.

Employees cost money. Money you are forced to spent lowers profit.

They recently greenlit all the glorious smut of ero visual novels though. Who knows, maybe workshop will soon be unregulated as well.

The "smut ero visual novels" are not showing female genitalia. They are censored in one form or another. Sometimes it is a conveniently placed flower petal, sometimes a tiny patch of bath bubbles, ...

This mod and some others on here show full frontal nudity. Both in character portraits and event pictures.

23 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

There's a slight difference between a game that has an age check to even access the store page and mods for a game that has e PEGI rating of 7+.

Well then, only thing they need to do is add age check to workshop and Voila!

Buckle up buckaroos, we're taking this depraved crazy train all the way to mainstream! 

JK, better keep this all nice and niche for now, we don't need the normies coming in to ruin the whole party.

On 12/7/2018 at 8:48 PM, darkspleen said:

Conan Exiles has full nudity, but it doesn't show or depict sex.

Anyways I'll be looking to update MASSA in the next few weeks. They made a lot of small changes to how the code works that, at the moment, make no sense to me so THAT'LL be fun.

As it is now, would using it merely cause some things in the mod to not work properly or outright break the game?

Some things is an understatement.

Paradox shifted the modded effects around quite extensively.

For instance a modifier that affected other species happiness on the planet is gone.

Most buildings from the mod (diary ranch, megamilking factory, ...) basically don't work as they relied on building adjacency.

Most anomalies are not working as the strategic resources are called differently ingame now.

You do get the events and the according pictures but mostly without affects.

Albeit it won't break the game using the mod in it's current form in 2.2.x is not nearly as much fun as it was in 2.1.x.

Basically what Kreist said. Paradox made a ton of changes to how the coding itself works and its syntax, which has essentially broken the mod more than I was expecting. I'm hoping to roll out an update next week that'll "modernize" MASSA, but its quite possible that it could take longer than that. I will probably cut out entire pieces of the mod, specifically buildings, for the modernization update just so I can get it out in a reasonable amount of time without wanting to tear all of my hair out.