About having followers to wear exactly what you want

Hello,

I was thinking to do a very small mod that will force the Followers to equip the items (armors) you give to them.

It will only require SKSE, nothing else. No MCM will be required.

And probably I can also have the ability to force all NPCs to do the same.

Let me know what do you think.

If you change the default outfit for a npc, then in a new game, they will wear it and it will always work. This includes things like HDT heels or NI heels. The problem I have found with equipping mods in the past is that this is not always true. While they will wear what you give them when you give it to them, if you leave them somewhere, then leave that cell, when that cell reloads, sometimes they decide not to wear their new outfit, and they will almost always be standing in the floor or bouncing if you gave them heels. I have always assumed this was something to do with the mod not loading fast enough when you enter a cell, or not being able to call other dependant mods, like HDT heels, and start them correctly. If your mod could make this work, then it would be amazing. I just gave up on equipping mods and made an esp with new individual default outfits for all the npcs.

1 hour ago, Frankfranky said:

If you change the default outfit for a npc, then in a new game, they will wear it and it will always work. This includes things like HDT heels or NI heels. The problem I have found with equipping mods in the past is that this is not always true. While they will wear what you give them when you give it to them, if you leave them somewhere, then leave that cell, when that cell reloads, sometimes they decide not to wear their new outfit, and they will almost always be standing in the floor or bouncing if you gave them heels. I have always assumed this was something to do with the mod not loading fast enough when you enter a cell, or not being able to call other dependant mods, like HDT heels, and start them correctly. If your mod could make this work, then it would be amazing. I just gave up on equipping mods and made an esp with new individual default outfits for all the npcs.

This is exactly why I may do this mod.

I can replace the outfits on the fly to a set of temporary ones, and fit the clothes you give into it on the fly.

So they will stay also if you change the cell or reload the game.

8 minutes ago, CPU said:

This is exactly why I may do this mod.

I can replace the outfits on the fly to a set of temporary ones, and fit the clothes you give into it on the fly.

So they will stay also if you change the cell or reload the game.

Out of curiosity, would this mod be able to prevent followers from picking up random weapons and using them instead of the ones I want them to use as well?

For some reason the AI tends to like greatswords and ranged weapons over the dual swords I try to get it to use.

7 minutes ago, sila said:

Out of curiosity, would this mod be able to prevent followers from picking up random weapons and using them instead of the ones I want them to use as well?

For some reason the AI tends to like greatswords and ranged weapons over the dual swords I try to get it to use.

Weapons are not part of the outfit.

The actual selected weapon is a matter of what they have and their combat class.

5 hours ago, CPU said:

It will only require SKSE, nothing else. No MCM will be required.

no need for scripts for that

armor outfit, sbp 49

armor addon outfitAA, sbp 49, and 32 priority 90

you give outfit to lydia, she keep her iron armor (if it's that)

iron armor sbp 32 isn't load while she wear outfit armor

you enter another cell, something put back iron armor on lydia?

doesn't matter, she still have outfit armor on her, its sbp have highter priority than iron armor, it's that she wear

argonian, khajiits and custom race npc different textures?

they stick to those texture because it's the texture of the armor addon of their worn armor

you add sbp 49 to those skinnakedbodyrace, game will load those textures on whatever body there is in armor outfit, like it load those textures on whatever body there is in iron armor, leather armor or whatever

Use EFF right now.  Works pretty good most of the time.  Though sometimes you do have to remove a 2nd similar outfit piece occupying same sbp.

But everyonce in a while being able to force wearing an outfit would be really helpful.

Like Selene Kate mod, her hairstyle auto-loads to open to the default hairstyle you picked for that mod. 

Only when i open her equipment page, and do anything, it resets to SMP-hairwig that had been put in her inventory.  Pain to do that every load/cell change. 
And, using EFF to manage some followers with more advanced scripts - makes me nervous that EFF isn't conflicting.

So using for just these a simpler less intrusive outfit forcing script would be a treat.

Said you wanted a simpler design for this, which i can see using for sure.

But hoping to add a request to add an option to this> having ability to define mulitple outfits for an NPC or player would be really helpful.
So you can switch mashups quicker, and also NPC carries those items, not my player that I have to transfer over when wanting new look.
Zaira's "Marie Eden" has that feature through json files.  But would be great to have that feature just generically during the game without a specialty mod active.

A script does sound nice for those that don't want to start a new game. Even better if its an effect that can be placed on non-vanilla user mod companions via a castable spell or such.

What I did in my version was to simply set all the recruitable companions' outfits to basic, no stat clothes. This makes anything with an armor score or enchantment take priority over their default outfit. Causes the NPC to wear anything you give them unless it also has no stats or you want them to strut around naked.

a mod like this would be awesome for changing the outfit of certain NPCs

i use EFF and dont have issues changing the outfits of my followers (actually that's the main reason why i use it)

but i would be great for NPCs, in my case mainly to change outfits of SD Mistresses/Masters and to just change outfits of certain/individual NPCs in Citys on the fly

this would be the one most needed simple mod for outfit collectors/users ever \o/ => weeee neeed it! =D

SkyUI Rearranger is already genius, something similar for NPC outfits would be highly welcome!

At the moment, I can say I will do a mod like that.

The mod will have a set (probably a hundred) of custom outfits placers.

You will be able to speak to any NPC and ask to change the clothes.

Then whatever you will give to the NPC will be in its own custom outfit.

I will handle them as cache, so in case many NPCs will have the same contents they will use the same slot.

From an idea posted by @SassaAria, I think I will add a second dialogue line for whoever already had the outfit rearranged.

And it will ask to create another outfit for him/her. You define what to put inside.

When an actor will have more than one outfit possible you will be able to switch them with a single dialogue line (or maybe also with a hotkey)

If an NPC is follower wouldn't it's AI override any custom outfits with the best items from inventory, just like they do with their vanilla outfits? So a mod like that would only be useful for non followers.

Once an NPC becomes a teammate, the following becomes true:

1. NPC will sneak if the player sneaks, stop sneaking if the player stops sneaking.
  2. NPC will draw a weapon if the player draws a weapon.
  3. NPC will equip their best armor (instead of wearing their default Outfit)
  4. Crimes committed by the NPC are considered crimes the player has committed.
  5. (Optional) NPC can be issued commands.

On 12/23/2017 at 1:40 AM, zax said:

Out of curiosity. If you are tracking and unequipping everything separately then what's the point of setting it as outfit?

Not really, I will track what you give and remove from people.

And create, on the fly, an outfit with the selected items.

So if you give a new armor to your beloved follower, it will use it by default because it will be in its outfit.

Weird. I just collect female vanilla followers to populate my houses; and i use EFF to access their equipment, they always wear whatever i gave them when i left.

You just can't control what exactly they equip when they have more than one item per slot, unlike Fallout 4 where this is a core game feature - even for settlers.

Archived