Major Site Upgrade Coming - November 5th, 2017

A question: would "[   spoiler  ]" typing work? Last time it didn't. It needed to be fixed.

Probably not. BBCode is no more supported by IPS.

If we will find a replacement we will add it.

Thanks for the answer CPU. I wish it will be some replacement since I always used BBCode.

The BBCode is useful but for spoilers... so long as there is an easy accessible way to do this and edit your post, then we should be fine on that front. However, the added tools ... that will be lost for those that want those (and which don't have replacments)

The absence of spoilers leads to massive lags in frequented screenshot sections, that of BBCode [leads] to a reduced presentation capability quite similar to a missing Script Extender in a Beth game. Simplifications are a double-edged sword, I'd say.

I agree however at times, simplification can be a blessing. So long as there is a function and it works well... then we should be able to carry on. The sight upgrade is much needed and lets be honest, there will be changes, some might even be big and, yes, upsetting, but lets keep in mind it has to be done.

I for one will wait until everything settles and the site has a chance to gel with its current settings. I believe Ashal and team understand at least the basic needs for the site and what is offered. Lets get the basic setup running and solid before requesting added features and replacements. I imagine it will take some time to get all things settled (in the background) and a firm understanding of the tools to be able to really get under the hood and make added customization.

I was here during the last roll over to a new software... (the current one used) and it was quite disorienting, but in time I got use to it. I believe it will be much the same for the new one. I suspect there will be things that I don't like but I will really try to give it a chance.

Spoilers are available. Is the bbcode that is not.

Yea! I imagine those will be added off the bat. So that we have a more readable thread? Correct?

Yea! I imagine those will be added off the bat. So that we have a more readable thread? Correct?

Spoiler can be added using a button.

They are a "block" that can be dragged. Typing in it is easy.

The real problem is spoilers in spoilers. Possible are possible, but a pain to do it in a browser.

(same applies to quotes)

And, you are already using them on NSFWmods, so why you ask? They will be the same.

Spoiler can be added using a button.

They are a "block" that can be dragged. Typing in it is easy.

The real problem is spoilers in spoilers. Possible are possible, but a pain to do it in a browser.

(same applies to quotes)

And, you are already using them on NSFWmods, so why you ask? They will be the same.

Your moving to that software? I didn't know. That is the reason I asked. ;)

Some personal life issues are cropping up at the moment, and they seem determined to make me unable to focus on the upgrade coming up, so I feel it'll be better to delay it past these issues to where I am better able to focus on making the upgrade a smooth transition. Thus, I am going to push the upgrade date forward a few weeks so that I am able to better focus on it for the duration.

The new date of the update is targeted for October 22nd.

Out of curiousity, if the whatevergrade (*) doesn't work for the third time, is there any alternative software you could switch to or does it absolutely have to be IPB no matter what?

(*)I write "whatevergrade" because I know people who completely dislike IPB4 and consider it a serious downgrade from IPB3 - personal preferences, I presume

Some personal life issues are cropping up at the moment, and they seem determined to make me unable to focus on the upgrade coming up, so I feel it'll be better to delay it past these issues to where I am better able to focus on making the upgrade a smooth transition. Thus, I am going to push the upgrade date forward a few weeks so that I am able to better focus on it for the duration.

no sweat matey

langsam aber sicher

and good luck in solving private problems what always should be priority

So everything gets moved to the 22th of october, right ? Posts/forum/blog content posted on the oldsite will get saved till 22th, and those posted after (on the old site) won't be kept I assume ?

Anyway, IRL goes first, and good luck for your update. :)

So everything gets moved to the 22th of october, right ? Posts/forum/blog content posted on the oldsite will get saved till 22th, and those posted after (on the old site) won't be kept I assume ?Anyway, IRL goes first, and good luck for your update. :)

Same principle. Just a couple of weeks later.

I like the new site.

So what's new about it? ;)

The new site will start to be visible on the 22nd.

I'll get the popcorn and watch this go down in flames like the last few tries.

Better hope not...

Due to the outdated forum software and security concerns...

You might be looking at a new "fresh" start of the site where all the mods and such would have to be transferred over manually. That is if the upgrade wasn't possible for whatever reason.

Just say'in

I was wondering why the uploads were going so slow. Upgrades are necessary. I just became a donor to support the site. I so enjoy my time here. Hope all goes well!! :)

i don't think that's what the update is about...bandwidth is usually more of a hardware problem. i thought this is a software update? ;)

Hello, i'm not sure it's the right place but just asking how to support the site. On Nexusmods you can pay £1.29 or 2,00$ to become a supporter and turn off the adds. I know there's a possibility to support via Patreon but if ppl prefer to pay on one time not  every month ? In euro ?By Paypal ?

Hello, i'm not sure it's the right place but just asking how to support the site. On Nexusmods you can pay £1.29 or 2,00$ to become a supporter and turn off the adds. I know there's a possibility to support via Patreon but if ppl prefer to pay on one time not  every month ? In euro ?By Paypal ?

Please contact Ashal directly, either via PM or email.  He is the only admin, and as such the only one who might be able to give you some insight on this.

Cheers,

Greg