On 2/1/2021 at 1:27 AM, SlaveHunter311 said:

Been thinking about your problem and I want to know what kind of mod manager you are using. I am thinking it might just be your load order got messed up or something. Or maybe some of your plugins got turned off or something simple like that. I use Vortex which fixes your load order the way loot does automatically. I also installed everything in the order recommended by this guide here. 

Fallout 4 Mod List and Load Order Guide (BiRaitBec Modlist) at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

Its probably not neccessary to go in this order with Vortex, but back when I used Nexus Mod Manager it was very helpful to do so.

I'm using MO2. I just started a new game without the mod and everything is working good so far. Sucks that I had to lose all my gear and progress with companions but I wasn't too far into the game anyways. I appreciate you taking the time to think on how to help though

Odd problem, I run fusion girl 1.80 + 4k skin textures. When I strip a dead raider they are naked, when I strip a slave they use the vanilla skin textures + white underwear....

Weird. I am messing with texture packs to see if there is a conflict. I have the skin textures mod lower than JB, but this one is foxing me.

20 hours ago, blahblahblah97 said:

Odd problem, I run fusion girl 1.80 + 4k skin textures. When I strip a dead raider they are naked, when I strip a slave they use the vanilla skin textures + white underwear....

Weird. I am messing with texture packs to see if there is a conflict. I have the skin textures mod lower than JB, but this one is foxing me.

JB doesn't have any kind of textures. It's almost all script. Your conflict is elsewhere

Does anybody know of a sure way to edit your slaves' appearances to remove all the grime and face paint?

It seems completely random, on some NPCs you can edit and some you can't.

On Smiling Kate for example you can edit her face or even the slave's face (after you've enslaved her) and the changes show up real time! (very rare)

On most NPCs you can make changes, but you won't see the changes right away, but the grime will go away once you enslave them and the slave's face will be cleaned up.

But on some NPCs like Ack-Ack any changes you make won't show up, the enslaving process doesn't create a slave with a changed clean face, and you can't edit the slave either.

I'm doing the same thing everywhere, is there any rhyme or reason to the differences?  And is there a way to allow me to edit any NPCs I want?

I'm not using any face mods.

2 hours ago, strykernoscope said:

Does anybody know of a sure way to edit your slaves' appearances to remove all the grime and face paint?

It seems completely random, on some NPCs you can edit and some you can't.

On Smiling Kate for example you can edit her face or even the slave's face (after you've enslaved her) and the changes show up real time! (very rare)

On most NPCs you can make changes, but you won't see the changes right away, but the grime will go away once you enslave them and the slave's face will be cleaned up.

But on some NPCs like Ack-Ack any changes you make won't show up, the enslaving process doesn't create a slave with a changed clean face, and you can't edit the slave either.

I'm doing the same thing everywhere, is there any rhyme or reason to the differences?  And is there a way to allow me to edit any NPCs I want?

I'm not using any face mods.

A friend of mine told me about this mod.;

Raider Queens - Legendary Female Raider Faces Revamp - Other - LoversLab

Not sure there is much else you can do besides this though.

On 2/2/2021 at 2:36 AM, blahblahblah97 said:

If you are using Unique NPCs...  it uses custom body types and textures for various different raiders.  Some of them have undies.   If not, you can also verify that you didn't include nonude options in bodyslide.   Lastly I would check any other mod that you downloaded that modifies raiders, they also may be using custom body types.   You would have to replace the textures in an ovverride folder for everything that is custom... or edit it back to use vanilla with F04Edit

4 hours ago, Sucker343 said:

Can anyone explain it to me the difference between this and human resources?

You can use both... but JB is more dialogue oriented...  whereas HR is more settlement object oriented.

JB slaves are easier to capture since you simply go into hunter mode and mark them.   HR requires you to use knockout framework and somehow avoid killing them.

JB slaves act as companions if you want them to.  HR is focused more on simply getting them into your settlement to start working for you.

JB has fewer options for prostitution and such...  but JB slaves can be assigned easily to anything.   HR fills some of the gap that was left behind when RSA:brothels became unsupported... such as settlement advertisements and safes.

Honestly I use both just fine.   IT really depends on what you are looking for, but IMO  JB is a little easier to use right now (if you only chose one) where as HR has some pretty interesting and more in depth options as far as brothels go.

hmm ive tried using the change appearance function, to change an NPC slave looks, (specifically chancer from the nick valentine companion questline), and i couldnt change her face, even just removing the grime doesnt work. i did disable enable, and thankfully, remembered the reset button in the slave info screen and also tried recycle actor command, but her face still has dirt on em.

oddly enough the feature worked for one of the other slaves, a non-named raider even. kinda expected the named special ones to be easier since they're, well special.

can i has help or info on this?

13 hours ago, 5HOCH1 said:

hmm ive tried using the change appearance function, to change an NPC slave looks, (specifically chancer from the nick valentine companion questline), and i couldnt change her face, even just removing the grime doesnt work. i did disable enable, and thankfully, remembered the reset button in the slave info screen and also tried recycle actor command, but her face still has dirt on em.

oddly enough the feature worked for one of the other slaves, a non-named raider even. kinda expected the named special ones to be easier since they're, well special.

can i has help or info on this?

Ok you can has some info about it ifs you wants.

In my game before I installed an appearance replacers I could change the appearance of ordinary raiders of each faction. I could not change the appearance of named mini boss raiders like the one you caught. I also could not keep the dirt off of any of my raiders. No matter how many times I fixed it using the "Just Business" Looksmenu the change wouldn't stick. They would just go back to being dirty. 

Dirty

dirty.jpg.ff391eea89e0509a3d588599f3e006f0.jpg

I looked for a solution to the problem and I found out that this appearance replacer mod will change the ordinary unnamed raiders skin to clean as well as making the enemies you run into more attractive. The mini boss raiders will still be dirty though, unfortunately. 

Hot Mama Settlers and Bandits at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

Clean

clean.jpg.36e9eafe4d55a2728828c268c7a9607e.jpg

That is the easy solution to the problem.

There is a manual solution that I have never tried that was recommended to me by; AWHA 

AWHA "The game uses "dirty" textures for raiders. These textures are separate from the default textures that you use for player and other NPCs. You can force the game to use "clean" textures for all raiders by replacing the dirty textures with the default ones. Go into your textures folder and find the body texture files, carefully note the file names for the dirty textures (they will have "dirty" in their names), and then rename the default body textures to replace the dirty ones."

I never tried it, but perhaps you can if you want to.

At one point on the forum DocClox recommended this appearance changer that would take the mini bosses and remove their face paint and probably the dirt on their bodies. I dont know for sure I never tried it. But you can if you want to.

Raider Queens - Legendary Female Raider Faces Revamp - Other - LoversLab

And finally maybe the best sounding solution to the problem if you want to hose down your raider bitches so they will be clean is this mod;

Raiders Are Not Normal at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community   mentioned by DocClox again.

I believe it cleans up most, perhaps even all female enemies so that they will have clean bodies when you encounter and capture them using "Just Business." I have not tested it out however because I used the first solution to solve the issue for myself and I was content to have a few dirty raider bosses.

I hope one of the solutions fixes your problem. If they do please let us know on the forum.

I myself use Unique NPCs. It at least makes the raider "bosses" look cool (You still can't change Ack-Ack's face but she get's some wicked tattooing) Hit or miss on the regular raider girls being clean but most are. Some will have their own piercings, panties, tats, etc. Naked raider males have the never-nude bodies but they get changed, tatted, etc. All the women have fairly cute faces. Hell, even the guys if you're into that sort of thing.

I had a devil of a time working with conqueror with it tho, so there is potential for conflicts. I never did figure that out, but followers, whether JB or other, wouldn't follow me through some dungeons for example. Somehow taking UNPC out let them move about the country normally.

Anyway, one more for inspection. I like it. Maybe you will too.

PS: Another thing I do for characters I like. I use the character creator to make a preset (game startup) then apply it in JB appearance changer. I do this for Simone and it works fabulously. Haven't tried it on Ack-Ack tho. No idea if it would work.

I'm having a really weird issue. When I change a slaves hair to a non vanilla style, after I exit the looks menu and sometimes even before, the slave literally slowly fades into nothing and becomes invisible. Like they're still there, just completely invisible.

3 hours ago, Cryatoc said:

I'm having a really weird issue. When I change a slaves hair to a non vanilla style, after I exit the looks menu and sometimes even before, the slave literally slowly fades into nothing and becomes invisible. Like they're still there, just completely invisible.

That invisible thing happens in my game too. Its really nothing you need to worry about. The game is not unstable or anything. Its just something that happens after using the looksmenu that I guess the author hasnt bothered to fix. Probably because it's not a big deal anyway. If you leave your settlement and then come back later that slave should load in the way you customized it earlier. You might be able to cause her to reappear immediately by resetting her if you can spot where she is, but I'm not sure if that will change her appearance or not. Its been a long time since i tried it so i don't remember. Hope that helps, don't worry about it. Its normal.

17 hours ago, SlaveHunter311 said:

That invisible thing happens in my game too. Its really nothing you need to worry about. The game is not unstable or anything. Its just something that happens after using the looksmenu that I guess the author hasnt bothered to fix. Probably because it's not a big deal anyway. If you leave your settlement and then come back later that slave should load in the way you customized it earlier. You might be able to cause her to reappear immediately by resetting her if you can spot where she is, but I'm not sure if that will change her appearance or not. Its been a long time since i tried it so i don't remember. Hope that helps, don't worry about it. Its normal.

How do I reset them?

On 2/7/2021 at 1:06 PM, effrenatus said:

I really would like to put several slaves into a cage to raise their submission, and leave them there for a while. Is there such a thing?

I hat one in the pillory, but that is not what I envision and also he still could escape...

trouphy.jpg.f0b44888dd2e9b7f711b5a34ae8ac565.jpg

Girls in Cages? Yeah don't worry that's a thing! I believe this is what you are looking for;

Prisoner Shackles at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

250949443_PrisonerShackles.jpg.bd36a2cf8da69d4886c6df634ca2eb0b.jpg

I want to let you know that getting them to actually enter the cage is difficult. It wont happen as soon as you assign them to their mats. But if you go to sleep at a bed causing you to reload into your settlement then they should be in their spots. But its a bit frustrating because if you are returning to your settlement from somewhere else they probably wont load directly into the cage like you would want. Instead they will probably be clustered around the cage confused about how to get inside until you reload the settlement by going to sleep like I said before. Its not a perfect system as far as I know. Maybe you can use other mods to tweak it but I have not experimented at it, so its up to you.

mags.jpg.02e86d6181d6955c52f94f27542a3746.jpg

So now you know what to expect. Happy Hunting!

Here is a list of other mods that might interest you;

Settlement Activity Markers at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

CWSS Redux v3 - Craftable Working Showers Sinks Baths Toilets Urinals Kitchens etc at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

Busy Settlers at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

Busy Settlers - Invisible Rugs at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

Housekeeping - Scavenging Deluxe at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

Settlement Menu Manager at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

TortureDevices - Downloads - Fallout 4 Adult & Sex Mods - LoversLab

Prisoner Shackles at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

ZaZOut4 Beta V.003 - Downloads - Advanced Animation Framework - LoversLab

Crimsomrider's Unique Furniture at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

OH. And if you absolutely want to stop your slaves from escaping your settlement then go to the MCM menu and turn off the slave escape quest.

Are there any known conflicts? The prostitutes don't look for clients. I did a fresh re-install for the mod. Then spawned a test raider. He imediatley went to a settler and started talking. And after recollecting all the previous NPCs I had, it happened again. No-one approached any nearby clients. Are there any NPCs I shouldn't collect? 

On 2/11/2021 at 2:38 PM, BeefyJackal said:

Are there any known conflicts? The prostitutes don't look for clients. I did a fresh re-install for the mod. Then spawned a test raider. He imediatley went to a settler and started talking. And after recollecting all the previous NPCs I had, it happened again. No-one approached any nearby clients. Are there any NPCs I shouldn't collect? 

The only conflicts I've come across all had to do with arguments over the R activation key. I've not seen or heard of anything that would keep prostitutes from working. When you first release her (About your work) she should go to the closest NPC and ask "Wanna have some fun." Then every 2 minutes after that she should check again. (All adjustable, as well as how far out she should search.) There has to be NPCs in the area for it to work but THEY don't initiate anything. Your prostitute does.

I generally place mine right behind any bar stands I set up. Then at 8 she has a lot of NPCs to accost. Until then she bugs the shit out of the bartender

16 hours ago, Sulphur.999 said:

The only conflicts I've come across all had to do with arguments over the R activation key. I've not seen or heard of anything that would keep prostitutes from working. When you first release her (About your work) she should go to the closest NPC and ask "Wanna have some fun." Then every 2 minutes after that she should check again. (All adjustable, as well as how far out she should search.) There has to be NPCs in the area for it to work but THEY don't initiate anything. Your prostitute does.

I generally place mine right behind any bar stands I set up. Then at 8 she has a lot of NPCs to accost. Until then she bugs the shit out of the bartender

Yeah so my hookers work fine at first, then the same ones suddenly stop searching for clients, and any other hooker as well. I think there is some sort of a conflict that causes a script error and it makes the scripts not start. I'll try disabling mods. +1 on the bartender thing. One hooker just buys noodles and flirts with the bartender all day (when the scripts work). The R activation key is a problem for me too but I just removed the intimidation perks and made sure to disable the extra dialogue option and it works well. 

2 hours ago, BeefyJackal said:

Yeah so my hookers work fine at first, then the same ones suddenly stop searching for clients, and any other hooker as well. I think there is some sort of a conflict that causes a script error and it makes the scripts not start. I'll try disabling mods. +1 on the bartender thing. One hooker just buys noodles and flirts with the bartender all day (when the scripts work). The R activation key is a problem for me too but I just removed the intimidation perks and made sure to disable the extra dialogue option and it works well. 

I've used a bunch of mods that try to use it too. It's like a well choreographed dance when it works and I try to recruit raiders (instead of enslave them) when it doesn't.

You might try just letting them be for a while. Then come back and check her "info" box. Sometimes you just gotta let the scripts all play themselves out. And it can take a while. Have you tried baka scrap heap? Have you configured your ini's to allow more memory space for them to run? I wish I had the links, but if you haven't a quick search will help immensely. Look on simsettlements.com for the ini tweaks he recommends. 

I dug around in JB for a while in the creation kit and there doesn't seem to be much that would conflict with that behavior. I think you may be onto something with the script issue idea tho. 

1 hour ago, Sulphur.999 said:

I've used a bunch of mods that try to use it too. It's like a well choreographed dance when it works and I try to recruit raiders (instead of enslave them) when it doesn't.

You might try just letting them be for a while. Then come back and check her "info" box. Sometimes you just gotta let the scripts all play themselves out. And it can take a while. Have you tried baka scrap heap? Have you configured your ini's to allow more memory space for them to run? I wish I had the links, but if you haven't a quick search will help immensely. Look on simsettlements.com for the ini tweaks he recommends. 

I dug around in JB for a while in the creation kit and there doesn't seem to be much that would conflict with that behavior. I think you may be onto something with the script issue idea tho. 

So after like 5 re-installs on a clean save, it's been working fine so far. They search for clients and everything. The only thing I did differently this time is that I didn't enslave any named raiders from the mod "Raider Gangs Extended". Every other time after I had enslaved a test generic no-named raider, I started to collect the NPCs from this mod. And they never searched for any clients. Also the generic ones stopped with them. I don't know if that makes any sense, but just in case I'm not enslaving anyone from that mod again.

1 hour ago, BeefyJackal said:

So after like 5 re-installs on a clean save, it's been working fine so far. They search for clients and everything. The only thing I did differently this time is that I didn't enslave any named raiders from the mod "Raider Gangs Extended". Every other time after I had enslaved a test generic no-named raider, I started to collect the NPCs from this mod. And they never searched for any clients. Also the generic ones stopped with them. I don't know if that makes any sense, but just in case I'm not enslaving anyone from that mod again.

Shoot. Make a save and play with it. (Not really. I'm a masochist) I don't understand how load order would affect it, but who knows. I'm no expert. Just been using JB a long time now. Good catch tho. Be interesting to know why/how.

And now that I think of it, most of JB is actually mini "quests." So their order of importance (50-100%) may be arguing with each other and can't figure it out. JB usually kills the original and makes a duplicate, but they bring some things with them, raider comments, etc. Might be bringing that mods scripts too.