Mass Effect Andromeda for Haters

Oh how easy it is to sit back and criticize others.  The old MEA thread was locked because oil and water don't mix.  Fanboys and those who Hate something eventually strike such a nerve that they loose track of the subject of the argument and instead start making things personal by attacking others.  Plus those who are either on the fence or who had legitimate things they wanted to discuss where simply drowned out.

So instead of letting things get to the point ridiculousness (which it most certainly did) and then having to have the moderating staff swoop in and hand out warnings and such, we try to separate the extremes.  Is it ideal......of course not.  But when does what is ideal work?  At some point we all have to face reality.

And just so you are aware, the really offensive posts were removed, so if you are reading the locked thread and wondering why all the fuss........well you aren't seeing why we had to step in.

Oh and the whole "freedom of speech" crap.  You are free to discuss what you want as long as it does not run contrary to the rules.  Don't like that, then start your own site.  You are certainly "free" to do just that.

And thanks Aria!!!  Been waiting on that one!!!!   :D

Folks, please keep in mind, this is the hate thread, if you are looking for constructive criticism or thoughtful discussion, you have the wrong thread.  Please see the MEA general thread.

As for my personal take.......now that the Hilter meme video has been released.......the memes complete box has been checked off on my list!!!  LOL!   :P

Indeed. (on the Hilter meme video :P)

what will happen If too much criticism especially for the PC version Is exercised?
especially since most of it only large garbage is!
It means that the next game is no longer developed for PC!
It would be the end of the PC era and the consoles are the winner.
This proves the sales figures.  ;)

‘Mass Effect Andromeda’ is the 3rd biggest launch of the year so far (behind the recent releases of ‘Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Wildlands’ and ‘Horizon Zero Dawn’)

and Andromeda has the 3rd best week 1 for the Mass Effect franchise in terms of physical sales. 

‘Mass Effect Andromeda’  shows a sales unit split of 55% PS4, 41% Xbox One and just 4% on PC, with an undivulged quantity having sold through EA Origin on PC (and also of course  PSN / Xbox Live).

https://pvplive.net/c/mass-effect-andromeda-sales-stats-just-as-mixed-as

Edit: I will be this year 60 and me it is no matter what happens to future PC games.
perhaps taking themselves Bethesda this harsh criticism as an example and developed the next The Elder Scroll no longer for the PC.

Then I clap applaud!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

what will happen If too much criticism especially for the PC version Is exercised?

especially since most of it only large garbage is!

It means that the next game is no longer developed for PC!

It would be the end of the PC era and the consoles are the winner.

This proves the sales figures.  ;)

‘Mass Effect Andromeda’ is the 3rd biggest launch of the year so far (behind the recent releases of ‘Tom Clancy Ghost Recon Wildlands’ and ‘Horizon Zero Dawn’)

and Andromeda has the 3rd best week 1 for the Mass Effect franchise in terms of physical sales. 

‘Mass Effect Andromeda’  shows a sales unit split of 55% PS4, 41% Xbox One and just 4% on PC, with an undivulged quantity having sold through EA Origin on PC (and also of course  PSN / Xbox Live).

https://pvplive.net/c/mass-effect-andromeda-sales-stats-just-as-mixed-as

Edit: I will be this year 60 and me it is no matter what happens to future PC games.

perhaps taking themselves Bethesda this harsh criticism as an example and developed the next The Elder Scroll no longer for the PC.

Then I clap applaud!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Mi nuh kya bout new platform trend fi kid inna man, dem ah replaceable wid man di mek mi bed go so "er-e-er-e-er", or,

mi could read big book without images an become bright ova time an mighty wise when mi sixty years old, wha mi seh :lol:

NB Badly missed storage option in Andromeda scheduled by BioWare for 1st half of 2017. I have my doubts. We'll see.

---snip---

Mi nuh kya bout new platform trend fi kid inna man, dem ah replaceable wid man di mek mi bed go so "er-e-er-e-er", or,

mi could read big book without images an become bright ova time an mighty wise when mi sixty years old, mi seh :lol:

NB Badly missed storage option in Andromeda scheduled by BioWare for 1st half of 2017. I have my doubts. We'll see.

Jazzman that is not fair, I did not understand a word, The translator began to cough.  :lol:  :lol:

Jazzman that is not fair, I did not understand a word, The translator began to cough.  :lol:  :lol:

I've just said in Jamaican Patwa that if the gaming trend goes against pc favoring kids like my little son over adults like me, I'd game with an adult in bed instead. I always follow the fun, the good rhythms that is. That's my trend. All the arthritis in the fingers to others :lol:

Well, this must still be possible, just take as a role model, the Chinese were wise.  ;)

The ideal conditions, the Chinese win-win, I've heard of that successful principle before. However, it requires the mutual willingness to share the win, to give and not just take, something one either has learnt from early on or probably never will later on. The army of losers is thus preprogrammed, they just don't know it yet. Regarding the Andromeda problem I'd say that the train has already left the station, leaving both hardcore fans and anti-fans behind in the dust of the battle of the cowshed where the bullshit lies, they didn't serve any real strategic purpose anyway, to be fair. In the meantime EA pretty well knows what's at stake and that its future on the market is everything but certain.

On moderation I've nothing to comment for having been moderator myself on a larger scooter forum. But that was at another time and still in the Dark Age of the Guillotine, nothing to be proud of, retrospectively.

What are these plans there going to announce for the game on the 4th I wonder?

Pay DLC of course! :D

To judge a thing you must experience it for yourself, only then you are to be taken seriously and not just as a comedic copycat coming out of a polarizing groupthink. So, what to do with the own experience made in a game when it is in fact far below the own pre-expectations?

Well, one has to challenge the publisher's future sales expectations with the own pre-expectations based on just recently made own experiences. In other words, play the game of games, their game, the game of money. Don't buy any upcoming dlc of such a game, neither at full nor at a sponsored, heavily reduced price. Simply ignore the stuff, take it for non-existent. Send them a clear financial message on how a game sequel will be treated in the future when the policy of the publishers doesn't change. That's the only way to enforce a fundamental change in the minds and decision makings of publishers. Heads must roll in the management or nothing will ever change. Giving them the kindergarten finger on social media they really don't care much about.

So, good luck and stay safe, chiiill'dren, the feet always firm on the peanuts.

More

Fuel to the fire

According to a report by gaming historian Liam Robertson, BioWare apparently had all facial and character animations outsourced to other EA studios."

-"Robertson, who stated he spoke to several BioWare employees anonymously, noted that the company used new Cyberscan technology, which created digital scans of a person or object that is used to create 3-D models in-game. According to Robertson’s sources, BioWare relied heavily on Cyberscan instead of using artists to sculpt faces internally, believing that Cyberscan would compensate for time for development."

-"However, several sources told Robertson that they place the blame on the animation quality on BioWare’s management team, who chose to outsource almost all the work on human characters to other teams. One source, according to Robertson, believed that BioWare “put too much faith in the scanning tech” as it would not require too much additional face modeling for the outsourced team..”

https://techraptor.net/content/report-bioware-outsourced-mass-effect-andromeda-facial-animations

Also a twitter about their plans to be revealed tomorrow: twitter

I'm going to go ahead and say what probably should have been said about Mass Effect Andromeda in the first place: BioWare Montreal should have never attempted to make it an action-RPG to begin with.

Had it been a spin-off game in a separate genre, it would have been impossible to make a direct comparison between Andromeda and the Trilogy. Halo fans aren't griping about Halo Wars not being a First Person Shooter nor do fans of the Super Mario Brothers series complain about the Mario Party games not being pure platform games. Fallout Tactics wasn't even too poorly received by Fallout fans despite just how obsessive many of them can be about the maintenance of dense amounts of roleplaying elements in their beloved franchise.

I somehow doubt that EA would remarket the game as a pure Third-Person Shooter with light rpg elements at this point,though.

Well I've spotted it at 27% off already. So me thinks I will buy. Not really concerned about RPG elements at this point. Just want a decent space- shooter with interesting leveling options and hidden booty. Some good space battle animations alone would go a long way towards putting a smile on my face. While I can understand some ppls gripes about it- I must admit that I am not the hardline skeptic that might pick every little aspect of it apart. Call that what you will. I will be blissfully ignorant while trying to immerse myself in this new galaxy. So happy hating to all. ;)

More

Fuel to the fire

According to a report by gaming historian Liam Robertson, BioWare apparently had all facial and character animations outsourced to other EA studios."

-"Robertson, who stated he spoke to several BioWare employees anonymously, noted that the company used new Cyberscan technology, which created digital scans of a person or object that is used to create 3-D models in-game. According to Robertson’s sources, BioWare relied heavily on Cyberscan instead of using artists to sculpt faces internally, believing that Cyberscan would compensate for time for development."

-"However, several sources told Robertson that they place the blame on the animation quality on BioWare’s management team, who chose to outsource almost all the work on human characters to other teams. One source, according to Robertson, believed that BioWare “put too much faith in the scanning tech” as it would not require too much additional face modeling for the outsourced team..”

https://techraptor.net/content/report-bioware-outsourced-mass-effect-andromeda-facial-animations

Also a twitter about their plans to be revealed tomorrow: twitter

This might explain why they replaced entire human head mesh just a year before the release. And why their facial animation pool was so poor.

Well I've spotted it at 27% off already. So me thinks I will buy. Not really concerned about RPG elements at this point. Just want a decent space- shooter with interesting leveling options and hidden booty. Some good space battle animations alone would go a long way towards putting a smile on my face. While I can understand some ppls gripes about it- I must admit that I am not the hardline skeptic that might pick every little aspect of it apart. Call that what you will. I will be blissfully ignorant while trying to immerse myself in this new galaxy. So happy hating to all. ;)

Have fun wi-

SAM: Pathfinder I'm detecting below normal temperature.

Everybody seems to agree that shooter fans will like thi-

SAM: The temperature is at a safe level, life support online.

Too bad it is not the same for Mass Effect fa-

SAM: Pathfinder, this area can be mined for resources

I hope you are better than me at staying "blissfully ignorant while trying to immerse myself".  :)

I'm trying actively to develop this ability. I was even happy with myself when I finished a 140 hours playthru of DAI several weeks ago. But MEA is still beyond my reach. I mean - if the game wants me to reduce myself to a mindless slave of an all powerful AI, running around pushing buttons then it should at least not annoy me all the time I'm doing it. Tbh this is probably one of the most annoying things about MEA - been turned from Space Jesus (OT) into a simple AI peripheral. 

Archived