Mass Effect Andromeda for Haters

They likely won't go very far. At least not currently.

I think they fixed some of the mouth animations from when it was pre-release. Now I do accept and understand that there will be some issues upon release that they either don't or won't fix until release. This is a growing trend in the business and common place now.   Perhaps some of the issues I experienced were those issues and they fixed it. Still not great. However, if you work hard on customization you can create a human looking female character. I did, however, I screwed up somewhere and her top lip is bigger than I'd like it and bigger than I thought I made it. There are screen captures where people have made a pretty good character so in time and with practice perhaps it can be done. However, we shouldn't have to fight to get a human, decent looking character. There isn't any sliders for body parts or even height just face. Why did they have to hit them with the ugly stick (preset for females)

I doubt they will do much more to fix those issues.

This was such a enjoyable past ten days with this games bashing/funny youtube vids - people trying to defend this game and the shills trying to make money off it. :D

One can't help but wonder what big budget game will be next on the grill.

I can't help but feel bad for the millennial generation that have these Multi - Million dollar games today that are rushed and plagued with little talent and some kind of message that whatever is wrong - you should not be doing it. 

I kinda of miss the 90's and even ps1 and 2 Era.

you know certainly Dragon Age 2, very badly developed, small until no landscape areas, a character (race) to the selection, was rated very badly.

Despite all this I love this game because this story and romance is unmistakable, Bethesda is never capable of doing this a good story to tell.

and it goes me at the ass past what others say, I have my opinion and the to stand rocks fixed!  ;)  :)

Aye, I know DA-2. And I like man that has an own opinion instead of just a cheap groupthink slogan on his banner, a man that stands firm and doesn't fear the multitude of their men, nor runs away from them, that holds back the flying spirits of fear as clear as he holds the flash of the sun. For once a man reverses and runs in the terror of battle, he offers his back, a tempting mark for the spear from behind. And it is a shameful sight when a dead man lies in the dust there, driven through from behind by the stroke of an enemy spear.  (Tyrtaios, Spartan strategist, 7th c. BC)

There is no simple black and white here in Andromeda, just multiple shades of grey. And that's the message you'd get from a Nord warrior in Skyrim, that those brave ones who fight in columns for black or white no song will ever be sung by the ones that come after, they just rot on the spot where they have fallen. The heroes, however, they fight alone, only they will be chosen and picked up by the dragons that fly to battle to bring devastation.

Lo, there do they see their father. Lo, there do they see their mother, their sisters and their brothers. Lo, there do they see the line of their people, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call to them, they bid them take their place among them, in the Halls of Valor, where the brave may live... forever!  (The 13th Warrior, skyrimized) :P

Keep it up and your battle axe sharp, old warrior! :)

Late Valkyrjan greetings from the Land of the Nord ^^

you know certainly Dragon Age 2, very badly developed, small until no landscape areas, a character (race) to the selection, was rated very badly.

Despite all this I love this game because this story and romance is unmistakable, Bethesda is never capable of doing this a good story to tell.

and it goes me at the ass past what others say, I have my opinion and the to stand rocks fixed!  ;)  :)

Aye, I know DA-2. And I like man that has an own opinion instead of just a cheap groupthink slogan on his banner, a man that stands firm and doesn't fear the multitude of their men, nor runs away from them, that holds back the flying spirits of fear as clear as he holds the flash of the sun. For once a man reverses and runs in the terror of battle, he offers his back, a tempting mark for the spear from behind. And it is a shameful sight when a dead man lies in the dust there, driven through from behind by the stroke of an enemy spear.  (Tyrtaios, Spartan strategist, 7th c. BC)

There is no simple black and white here in Andromeda, just multiple shades of grey. And that's the message you'd get from a Nord warrior in Skyrim, that those brave ones who only fight in groups for black or white no song will ever be sung by the ones that come after, they just rot on the spot where they have fallen. The heroes, however, they fight alone, only they will be chosen and picked up by the dragons that fly to battle to bring devastation.

Lo, there do they see their father. Lo, there do they see their mother, their sisters and their brothers. Lo, there do they see the line of their people, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call to them, they bid them take their place among them, in the Halls of the Valor, where the brave may live... forever!  (The 13th Warrior, skyrimized) :P

Keep it up and your battle axe sharp, old warrior! :)

There is also a German example.

Siegfried from the Nibelungen saga, He was invincible, until on a point on the back.

siegfriedspeer.jpg

these kind and way is the fighting style from cowards! 

I have myself in the meantime, watch a lot of gameplay videos and I must admit that MEA is not so bad.

I believe it will be the first Mass Effect game that I will buy.  ;)

These never get old :lol:

own goal shot.

you have to forget That I am a German and I can very well understand what is talked about in this video!

And one thing is for sure, no word about Mass Effect. lachende-smileys-351.gif

Edit: and a Nazi propaganda film to abuse, Is more than just idiot***!  :P

The author of this video is meant by this.  :)

Nooo - so you mean the original Der Untergang movie does not contain any mention of Mass Effect?

Oh how can people still use it for memes now the secrets out........... :angel:

Nooo - so you mean the original Der Untergang movie does not contain any mention of Mass Effect?

It is an abuse of a German war film with Adolf Hitler and it has absolutely nothing to do with Mass Effect!  ;)

Constructive criticism about a game is justified, but only to spread garbage is ignorance!  :P 

I guess the author of this video does not once has hair on the bags (Very green, young)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It is an abuse of a German war film with Adolf Hitler and it has absolutely nothing to do with Mass Effect!  ;)

Constructive criticism about a game is justified, but only to spread garbage is ignorance!  :P 

I guess the author of this video does not once has hair on the bags (Very green, young)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

......That's how internet memes work. Due to the language barrier I have a really hard time figuring out if you're actually serious because it seems you are, but you might just be good at baiting :D.

You do know that the clip has been used to mock pretty much everything ever since the movie came out, right?  That it's kind of the point of it all?

......That's how internet memes work. Due to the language barrier I have a really hard time figuring out if you're actually serious because it seems you are, but you might just be good at baiting :D.

You do know that the clip has been used to mock pretty much everything ever since the movie came out, right?  That it's kind of the point of it all?

I can at any rate do not laugh about it, something to mock is equated something the ridiculousness suspend or something to insult.

This is also equated with cybermobbing and fulfilled in Germany a criminal offense!  ;)

these are such Birds, the intended a game pull into the dirt.

They are pathetic, They do me even suffering.  ;)

But as we say in Germany *The apple falls not far from the tree trunk*, The way They look, so must also her character look.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Let's take a look at Ernie and Bert to see what, among others, went wrong with the use of automated animation algorithms.

The image changes in a 10 sec rhythm and starts with the original followed by a simulated, often seen version in Andromeda.

It's cross-eyed vs parallel-eyed pupils. The former look at something/somebody, the latter are just gazing into space. Awkward.

anigif2isur.gif

Let's take a look at Ernie and Bert to see what, among others, went wrong with the use of automated animation algorithms.

The image changes in a 10 sec rhythm and starts with the original followed by a simulated, often seen version in Andromeda.

It's cross-eyed vs parallel-eyed pupils. The former look at something/somebody, the latter are just gazing into space. Awkward.

anigif2isur.gif

I'm pretty sure you and Winnie are both hardcore trolling now. Either that or hardcore shills...one of the two.

But I'll bite. Those are puppets, and obviously they aren't meant to be human-like or resemble anything but a puppet. 

On other hand, mass effect is supposed to have realistic humans/aliens, and if they resemble puppets to you...that is obviously a huge negative remark against the game.

Folks, please keep in mind, this is the hate thread, if you are looking for constructive criticism or thoughtful discussion, you have the wrong thread.  Please see the MEA general thread.

As for my personal take.......now that the Hilter meme video has been released.......the memes complete box has been checked off on my list!!!  LOL!   :P

anigif2isur.gif

I'm pretty sure you and Winnie are both hardcore trolling now. Either that or hardcore shills...one of the two.

But I'll bite. Those are puppets, and obviously they aren't meant to be human-like or resemble anything but a puppet. 

On other hand, mass effect is supposed to have realistic humans/aliens, and if they resemble puppets to you...that is obviously a huge negative remark against the game.

I would say Ernie and Bert have for me here in this case an entirely different meaning!

look once in these faces, They shout it formally out. I see ONLY three letters and they laugh at me.  ;)

lol-graphics-and-animated-gifs-lol-lol-c

Folks, please keep in mind, this is the hate thread, if you are looking for constructive criticism or thoughtful discussion, you have the wrong thread.  Please see the MEA general thread.

As for my personal take.......now that the Hilter meme video has been released.......the memes complete box has been checked off on my list!!!  LOL!   :P

To be fair, before it was split into two threads, there already was plenty of constructive criticism and thoughtful discussion in the ME:A discussion thread. It only benefits discussions to hear multiple viewpoints in one place rather than shunting them off to separate self-contained spaces.

Criticizing a product published by a publically traded international corporation isn't something that need be done out of hatred, only a concern to convince (or cajole) such a corporation into making decisions that better benefit the end user.

If they don't listen to criticism of any type when tendered through official channels (or websites, as is the style of these times), one can always make them more amenable to make alterations in the future through good old fashioned negative public relations and diminished earnings potential on the less carefully constructed products that they put out on the global marketplace.

This video could likely help to clarify why so many people who aren't seething cauldrons of misplaced rage are leveling so much criticism at the game:

Aye, silly me has thought the angry young men could need at last some substance to backup their hate. Apparently they prefer to stick to the handful of already known slogans. That's fine by me cos it frees me from the necessity to take them seriously. I'll follow the controversial convos in BioWare's Unofficial Forums. Input is what matters most these days, output much less.

No comment on childish Adolf Hitler memes from here though.

Rude man a di least ah mi problem, so mi lef eediat fi hav dem.

Have fun, or hate if you must.

Glad to be of help, this thread and the previous has been lots of fun :>

Well, the way LL is moderated at the moment leads the users to believe that the  freedom of speech is possible only in the designated "hate" threads.

I mean - there are clear site rules and if a post is violating them then it is expected it will be deleted. What is not expected is a whole thread of several pages to be nuked because of several posts that a mod arbitrarily considers to be "drama producing". Now, I have seen drama here on LL and I'm pretty sure the old MEA thread was quite innocent.  Yet it was nuked without any explanation. Random arbitrary mod actions like this that are unpredictable and unexplained force users to choose the "hater" threads that are practically unmoderated. 

Making a "hater" thread for SSE was obviously a bad idea, having a moderator create a thread with a keyword "hate" is obviously a bad idea. Yet you did it again. When there are no clear rules for what is allowed and what is not what are the users expected to do? 

I guess my question is - when you already officially pronounced several users that were only looking to discuss the game in a constructive way to be "haters" what do you expect will happen? I really think you should stop creating hate threads and then act surprised that they exist and are are popular as users just want their posts not to be arbitrarily and unexpectedly nuked.  And I do believe that moderating per post is a better approach than treating the users as a herd of sheep - which is exactly what happened with the old MEA thread.

(Yes, I'm really annoyed that the old thread was locked and we were forced into camps "haters" and "fan-boys". I personally do not agree with many posts in the old thread, but this is the point of having a free discussion.)

tl;dr 

Until it is explained why the old MEA thread was nuked it is safer to post in the unmoderated (marked as "hate") threads.

Well, the way LL is moderated at the moment leads the users to believe that the  freedom of speech is possible only in the designated "hate" threads.

I mean - there are clear site rules and if a post is violating them then it is expected it will be deleted. What is not expected is a whole thread of several pages to be nuked because of several posts that a mod arbitrarily considers to be "drama producing". Now, I have seen drama here on LL and I'm pretty sure the old MEA thread was quite innocent.  Yet it was nuked without any explanation. Random arbitrary mod actions like this that are unpredictable and unexplained force users to choose the "hater" threads that are practically unmoderated. 

Making a "hater" thread for SSE was obviously a bad idea, having a moderator create a thread with a keyword "hate" is obviously a bad idea. Yet you did it again. When there are no clear rules for what is allowed and what is not what are the users expected to do? 

I guess my question is - when you already officially pronounced several users that were only looking to discuss the game in a constructive way to be "haters" what do you expect will happen? I really think you should stop creating hate threads and then act surprised that they exist and are are popular as users just want their posts not to be arbitrarily and unexpectedly nuked.  And I do believe that moderating per post is a better approach than treating the users as a herd of sheep - which is exactly what happened with the old MEA thread.

(Yes, I'm really annoyed that the old thread was locked and we were forced into camps "haters" and "fan-boys". I personally do not agree with many posts in the old thread, but this is the point of having a free discussion.)

tl;dr 

Until it is explained why the old MEA thread was nuked it is safer to post in the unmoderated (marked as "hate") threads.

Well said.

I never was going for being constructive with MEA, i mean this is EA, their pattern is just repeating itself and in the end we all know where this is going.

That being said, i enjoyed reading your posts prinyo as you kept a nice balance between what you disliked without being offensive towards the game or anyone with different opinions.

Im kind of dissapointed that the sex scenes turned out to be not so bad as i thought they would be, that would have made for some hilarous times  :( 

Archived