Mass Effect Andromeda for Haters

Didn't buy for some time because i read some threads where people were writing how terrible the game is. Well bought it now and it's one of the best games i ever played. It may not have have the best facial animations but i really like the rest of it.

Yea... I really like it when your companion flies up into the sky, or when you fall through the map. Those are great thing I love about the game besides the horrible facial animations :P

(glad you are enjoying yourself. Hopefully they will fix the facial animations and you will be set.)

---snip---

you like it, in Skyrim there are hundreds of bugs and glitches, but they are in order. ;)

But let only, I hate too namely Bethesda and CD Projekt Red, like hell!  :angry:

Yes, Skyrim, Fallout 3, NV, 4 etc all have glitches. It iis what happens with an open world. I don't mind some random glitches but lack of focus and poor story in an RPG is just plain inexcusable. Mass Effect story is weak. They can fix the facial animations I would guess pretty easily and the few other glitches as well but updating and reworking entire quest and stories ... would be like redoing the entire game. It is an RPG and needs proper stories and fleshed out characters. People loved Skyrim even when a giant hit your companion and they shot up into the sky. Random creatures falling from the sky etc. They loved it because the story was acceptable. (weaker than Oblivion, and Fallout 3 in my opinion, however still acceptable) MEA has passed the threshold of acceptable story, glitches, and other shortcuts they took and it bit them on the ass.  What should have been a meme of people saying "take my money"

6a5b5f187018a6b8e33ab466c3576cc1_shut-up

Ends up being the poster child for You suck

531ff9b2a166dd5cccca36f495dafd12.jpg

They had an opportunity to make big  $$$$$ hand over fist and they cheaped out, took shortcuts and it is biting them on their asses now.

Didn't buy for some time because i read some threads where people were writing how terrible the game is. Well bought it now and it's one of the best games i ever played. It may not have have the best facial animations but i really like the rest of it.

Yea... I really like it when your companion flies up into the sky, or when you fall through the map. Those are great thing I love about the game besides the horrible facial animations :P

(glad you are enjoying yourself. Hopefully they will fix the facial animations and you will be set.)

---snip---

you like it, in Skyrim there are hundreds of bugs and glitches, but they are in order. ;)

But let only, I hate too namely Bethesda and CD Projekt Red, like hell!  :angry:

Skyrim is communtty project. means community fixes this game not bugthesda.

Bioware never release modding tools so community cannot fix there current ugly broken game so you cant really compare the 2 games.

Actually you can. Bethesda created both games as well as others and if you look closely they have been declining each game released in quality MEA is just another in a long line of increasingly sloppy glitched and bugged game. The sad thing is you can almost understand and feel for them with Skyrim (either version) and Fallout (all versions) as the game engine is getting older and older and more and more out of date. They can only apply so much lipstick to a pig. (engine) however... when you look at MEA and the fact that they did such poor work on a newer ... modern engine... and still have crap stories... then there is only one thing you can conclude.. they are cutting corners and being lazy on all the work they are doing. This is evident across the board regardless of engine, story line/type. This is the comparison that I am making. 

However, you are correct, at least with Skyrim people can work to try to fix their shortcomings. However with the new version of Skyrim and Fallout 4 in order to get to a point where we have the tools to build on what they gave us to the point we have on FNV... we need pretty skilled people to give us the extensions.  Currently over a year later Fallout 4 modding is still limping along waiting for the more advanced tools that are needed to truly free the mod community to do the work they want to do. They are giving buggy/incomplete tools to actually fix the game. IN order to start, the community has to fix, create etc the tools to be able to create the mods to fix the game they gave us. 

---snip---

Bioware never release modding tools so community cannot fix there current ugly broken game so you cant really compare the 2 games.

BioWare did release mod tools once....once.

http://social.bioware.com/page/da-toolset

---snip---

But that is no justification for a gaming company, a game should under all circumstances be perfect , at least fault-free!

Not the modding community should fix it, but rather the developers.

Skyrim was just an example, I would have also other games can enumerate, such as The Witcher 1 and 2,

these two games were unplayable, only after a complete overhaul all errors were eliminated.

The Witcher 3, how many patches, exactly that same BUGS, BUGS and again BUGS.

Tell me a modern game that came out completely without patches, I think you can not.  ;)

---snip---

But that is no justification for a gaming company, a game should under all circumstances be perfect , at least fault-free!

Skyrim was just an example, I would have also other games can enumerate, such as The Witcher 1 and 2,

these two games were unplayable, only after a complete overhaul all errors were eliminated.

Tell me a modern game that came out completely without patches, I think you can not.  ;)

There are plenty games that don't require patches. The problem is that they are all out of Japan and even then, typically only the console releases of those games don't require patches.

---snip---

There are plenty games that don't require patches. The problem is that they are all out of Japan and even then, typically only the console releases of those games don't require patches.

I am talking about PC games and the at least are worldwide known.

You can't compare console games to PC.  Consoles have fixed hardware and the games need to be certified by their respective makers.  Fixed platform and additional quality control equals fewer bugs in the final product, but also the higher price of console games.

PC ports from Japanese developers are famously bugtastic.

---snip---

CD Project Red, the developer of Witcher can't be compared to Bioware. Now or in the past.

The first two games were their FIRST TWO GAMES... EVER...  so they have issues. They also went back and basically reworked much of the game over again. AGAIN to fix the issues well after it was released. This was the first two games ever created from a brand new company. Now... Witcher III lets talk about it. The quality over the last two games is GREATLY IMPROVED. it is recognised as an incredible game, story, animations, fighting mechanics, RPG elements, etc. 

It was nominated and won many of the worlds awards for various features of a video game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accolades_received_by_The_Witcher_3:_Wild_Hunt

this is their THIRD INSTALLMENT/GAME EVER.  So in my opinion if a company improves at the rate that CD Project Red does from game to game  then they are entitled to have bugs and glitches provided they work on patching them and improving on them for the next game. Which that company does and Bethesda/Zenimax doesn't. Their quality seems to be dropping game after game.

If I played the game and the story, missions/quest and such were on the level of previous ME games (choose your favorite mine is mostly ME2) with some improvement for fighting and such and they had the animations issues and some facial glitches that they acknowledged and are working on.. then I would say the game was great. This is the first time that team (as far as I can find info on) worked with the new engine. The previous engine they worked on was the Unreal engine (I believe) through all three games. So they can improve animations and facial animations and such over time. Being a new engine there will be some issues. What sadens me is they didn't just have technological issues but serious issues with weak stories, some weak character development and relationships over the previous ME games (their hallmark) on top of all the fucked up facial animations. 

Looking at the General thread for andromeda it is funny how people still defend this game in its current state. No patch will fully fix it anymore unless they going to release a patch at the same size as the original game to actually deliver a total new game but that wont be called a patch anymore but more like Andromeda SE :D

Games like these should all be deposit in the bin and dont waste people money.

---snip---

CD Project Red, the developer of Witcher can't be compared to Bioware. Now or in the past.

The first two games were their FIRST TWO GAMES... EVER...  so they have issues. They also went back and basically reworked much of the game over again. AGAIN to fix the issues well after it was released. This was the first two games ever created from a brand new company. Now... Witcher III lets talk about it. The quality over the last two games is GREATLY IMPROVED. it is recognised as an incredible game, story, animations, fighting mechanics, RPG elements, etc. 

It was nominated and won many of the worlds awards for various features of a video game.

---snip---

Why should I not mention The Witcher 1 and 2 (compare)?

I even go a little further!

CD Project Red has though fixed both games, but what happened to the repair versions?

CD Projekt Red has sold these versions again!

I have been paying double for both games and now say me that CD Project Red better than BioWare is.

So I have from both games a broken and a repaired version.  :angry:

Now you know why I hate CD Project Red.  :P

CD Project Red has though fixed both games, but what happened to the repair versions?

I have been paying double for both games and now say me that CD Project Red better than BioWare is.

Then why are you defending bioware ?? you should hate them as much as CD project.. :D

That is full of stupid, and totally on you, because the patches were free, and the director cut was free, and "MLG" overhaul was also free, and the two "official mods" (Price/Marriage) were also free.

If you didn't have the patience to wait that is entirely your fault, and CDPR isn't responsible for your dumbness any more than Bethesda is responsible for your refusing to install mods in Skyrim made after 2006.

The only thing you can legitimately ding CDPR on is they promised licensed tools and did not deliver them, and it's kinda funny that the breadth of your complaint, and meanwhile MEA's 'get all the stuff' edition was $110 bux, and does not include any DLC, for which you will be paying full price.

Winny you do know this is the hate thread of bioware so no matter what you cannot win in this thread. :P

I do defend BioWare not, I know that they have sold Giants Great of crap!

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/48383-mass-effect-andromeda/?p=1845892

But almost all game developers have dirt at the shoe, no game is perfect.  ;)

The time of good games is long gone, now it's all about money, money, money. 

In the past the developers have put her heart blood into a game, Today it does not matter, buy it or do not buy it.  :lol:

edit: I can not hate something, what I never have played.   :)

Then why are you defending bioware ?? you should hate them as much as CD project.. :D

Actually more so. 

They fixed the game. They improve their skills each game well more and faster than Bioware.

That is full of stupid, and totally on you, because the patches were free, and the director cut was free, and "MLG" overhaul was also free, and the two "official mods" (Price/Marriage) were also free.

If you didn't have the patience to wait that is entirely your fault, and CDPR isn't responsible for your dumbness any more than Bethesda is responsible for your refusing to install mods in Skyrim made after 2006.

The only thing you can legitimately ding CDPR on is they promised licensed tools and did not deliver them, and it's kinda funny that the breadth of your complaint, and meanwhile MEA's 'get all the stuff' edition was $110 bux, and does not include any DLC, for which you will be paying full price.

I didn't have to pay for any patches or updates at all. I believe I have everything and haven't had any problems. It is the same thing if I complained that I hate Bethesda for making me have to pay for a new GOTY version of Fallout 3 because I decided I didn't want to pay for the DLCs separately.  OR get mad that the GOTY version was cheaper than all the DLCs for the game was, FORCING ME to buy it.. lol. :P

But almost all game developers have dirt at the shoe, no game is perfect.  ;)

Yes... so. If you want to make that comment everybody has "dirt at the shoe" as well. Nobody is perfect, and by extension no game company is perfect. MEA is criticized because of HOW BAD THE GAME IS..

The time of good games is long gone, now it's all about money, money, money.

FYI... in the past it was about the money as well. It has always been about the money however in the past the tech and expectations were lower so they were able to create a  great game cheaper and with less complexity that could come and bite them on their asses. (as I think happened with their automated facial animations for MEA)

In the past the developers have put her heart blood into a game, Today it does not matter, buy it or do not buy it.  :lol:

CD Project Red and a few (very few) game creators still put their heart in the game creation. It isn't as often as most would like but it does happen. I forget the game but for each game they actually go through and do full body captures for animation and polish each of the facial animations (smaller game 8 hours of play ) but the results are stunning. 

People are on the hate bandwagon for Bethesda because they have the skills and resources to do good to great work and they are doing poor to awful work. I really hope that they take notice of MEA reception as well as Fallout 4 and any other games they have released and their negative reception and take steps to improve the final product. They have been great in the past and with some work and effort they can be great again. That is why I think so many hate them. 

I do get your point Winny :D

Held back after what I seen of this game for around 2 weeks.

Watched this random German guy on youtube stream it and then played pirated copy to test for myself and played 2 gaming sessions and that's it - done with this game.

Not only do you say to yourself I can't believe this is a bioware game (like the same with the last dragon age game)

but also who made this and really thought this was anywhere near acceptable to be anything remotely good.

The good side about this is at least many a funny video popped up making fun of this thing they called a game.

Held back after what I seen of this game for around 2 weeks.

Watched this random German guy on youtube stream it and then played pirated copy to test for myself and played 2 gaming sessions and that's it - done with this game.

Not only do you say to yourself I can't believe this is a bioware game (like the same with the last dragon age game)

but also who made this and really thought this was anywhere near acceptable to be anything remotely good.

The good side about this is at least many a funny video popped up making fun of this thing they called a game.

To be completely honest, MEA gets a lot better after 10-15 hours in.. (After you get to Kadara, when you start getting loyalty missions, those are good and remind you of good old Mass Effect 2. Liam mission especially).

But then again, that's just poor game design... Not all people will put through 10-15 hours of "meh" writing and boring "explorashun". Also, I'd like to take back my statement about combat, on level 30+ you get access to powers, augmentations and mods that allow you to make your character literally unkillable even on nightmare with some builds, thus stripping combat of any challenge whatsoever (for example, unlimeted ammo plasma weapons that recharge 25% of your shield with every shot. Put points in biotic barrier and reload speed and you have some kind of space Jesus as a result)

Nice so not only bugs now unbalanced too.. looks they let the comunity pay for game in alpha stage. you guys paid 60 to become alpha testers.

If I as a testers, fed up Coal (money) deserve, then again and again gladly, no matter whether at BioWare, or EA, or Bethesda!

I only know that these people with playing her earn money.  :P

Nice so not only bugs now unbalanced too.. looks they let the comunity pay for game in alpha stage. you guys paid 60 to become alpha testers.

As Mr. Melo said, "there is no need for a technical beta, the game is ready to ship now", per the cancelled MP beta.

I don't mind doing some whining myself sometimes, but come on this is going for a month now. This can't be about the game, i think you rather plan to have the website renamed to whinerslab.com :D

A lot of it of late is people who either enjoy the game or haven't played it yet want to give it a fair chance complaining about everyone else complaining about the game. The actual complaints about Andromeda largely seem to have run dry.

Archived