41 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

I guess it's done to make messages easier. "Your Plug(s) stop vibrating" is a lot easier to setup than "Your anal plug and/or vaginal vibrator stop vibrating" or something like that. 

There are other ways to keep it vague enough to be applicable to both, for example: "A device inside you begins to vibrate."

3 hours ago, Elsidia said:

I ask this because in screens i found vaginal plug (in original was vaginal vibrator) - so what sentence is correct? Anyway there is many universal text, what names all plugs even vaginal.

Yeah, I changed vibrator to plug in those two messages that say vibrator to be consistent with all of the other messages that use plug. Feel free to make any further changes you feel are better, all I was trying to do was make things consistent, spelled correctly, and grammatically correct. I guess with the exception of changing the uncontrollable orgasm string to an exclamation mark, which wasn't strictly necessary but I though was an improvement.

32 minutes ago, edinburg said:

Yeah, I changed vibrator to plug in those two messages t

Maybe when i ready to publish, i can change script, what detect about what type of plug are activated, so always anal be plug and vaginal - vibrator. But not sure if there is possible to make so much changes.

7 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Generally correct, though in reality anal plugs can have vibrating mechanisms in them, and there's really no such thing as a "vaginal plug" (at least not that I've ever heard of), so I assumed Kimy's original idea was that "plugs" go in the anus while "vibrators" go in the vagina.

Inflatable anal plugs make sense, because if they mushroom enough they can be hard get past the sphincter muscle. Vaginally inserted dildos and vibrators can't really be locked into place without some separate garment, such as a lockable chastity belt, since the vagina is specifically designed for the easy removal of large and irregularly-shaped objects (beer bottles, baseball bats, commemorative statues, and occasionally even human offspring). The Pear of Anguish is historically one of the few counter-examples since it works by tearing into the flesh of the vaginal walls, but its use tends to be fatal so it's not much fun at parties (also there's rather a lot of scholarly debate as to whether it was ever actually used or simply a hoax, since none have been found which were made during the centuries they were supposedly employed).

Some of the more interesting BDSM-related plugs and dildos these days incorporate electrodes so they can be attached to battery powered shock generators (often triggered by remote control or microphone input), for example attaching an electrode to the end of the dildo and another on the abdomen so the charge passes between those two points, or two electrodes positioned some distance apart on the dildo, or an electrode on a dildo and another on an anal plug, or simply turning solid stainless steel dildos and plugs into conductors. You can even create a human feedback loop where the shock causes squeals which trigger a microphone pickup to deliver another shock... fun times.

But after all, this is more of a fun game than a realistic bondage simulator, so I really don't mind the compromises and short-cuts in DD's design. You need rather a lot of suspension of disbelief to enjoy bondage gear in a post-apocalyptic setting no matter how "immersively" it's done.

It's like reading a scientific article ?. Scary and fascinating at the same time.

On 11/14/2021 at 5:30 PM, naaitsab said:

Full RC8 upload. Will be the last thing I do for a while or even permanently as I'm moving back to Skyrim for the time being. So if anyone wants to take over that would be great.

This requires no other files from previous patches. No NPC support so use at own risk.

RC8 changes over previous RC's:

-Added tentacle device with custom script

-Added gag graceperiod for npc

-Added mcm button to refresh bound effects

-Added mcm setting for first person hobble slow effect

-Some materials edits to differentiate leather and latex items more

New requirements over the original:

-Latest AAF

-Mod Configuration Menu (optional but highly recommended)

-High Heel Sounds for Fo4 (optional ESP added) 

-Don't wear any devices (or NPC) and preferably a clean save if you are running an unpatched version.

Optional but highly recommended to fix heel clipping on the 'Slave Heels'

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/39850

Do not install these if you are using this mod. They are either obsolete or built in already:

• DD_LegAnimOverride
  • Devious Devices AAF Support
  • Devious Devices Face Morphs
  • Devious Devices NoRun Patch
  • Devious Devices 2.0 Patched (or DD at all, it's a full replacer so saves downloading)

https://mega.nz/file/6bx2jSzA#EZXcVKg04VSvudHURBzRuK_8nA4pidydpfUV9dGIPP8

MCM patch. Overwrite in the directory *modpath*\MCM\Config\DeviousDevices

config.json 16.97 kB · 2,237 downloads

Hello there, I've been AFK for several years, great to see your work, THX a lot.

May I translate this into CHN? This will not be for commercial.

13 hours ago, dirtycutecrab said:

Hello there, I've been AFK for several years, great to see your work, THX a lot.

May I translate this into CHN? This will not be for commercial.

For the part I did, of course no problem. But most of the text is done by Kimy so you should seek her out as well for permission. 

As a general remark as I've got multiple DM's about it. I did not take over DD or have a say in the next official update. Just compiled fixes from the thread and added additional fixes/things to keep it going as it was sort of abandonware. Kimy did state if the credits/permissions are solid and the community patches are working properly they could be merged into the official release. Which I would like to suggest we do when Elsidia has the next iteration of the Community Edition patch done and we've tested it. If that will not come to light we can implement some fixes for RC8 and then present it to be uploaded as an official build.

So I am sure I am missing something incredibly obvious. I downloaded everything and its requirements no issues in game devious devices shows up in mcm. However I can't for the life of me find where to build or use them. Tried chem bench armor workshop and cooking station. How do I actually find and build the devices?

9 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

If I understand the DD system correctly, you can't build them, you can only buy them from the merchant in Goodneighbor. Or you get them through various mods from opponents or sex partners.

ill try going to goodneighbor and see if i can buy them there. thanks for the reply

45 minutes ago, Itachi7643 said:

So I am sure I am missing something incredibly obvious. I downloaded everything and its requirements no issues in game devious devices shows up in mcm. However I can't for the life of me find where to build or use them. Tried chem bench armor workshop and cooking station. How do I actually find and build the devices?

35 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

If I understand the DD system correctly, you can't build them, you can only buy them from the merchant in Goodneighbor. Or you get them through various mods from opponents or sex partners.

You can also build them, but you have to use a special workbench (build it in workshop mode from the "raider" submenu).

On 9/14/2022 at 1:03 AM, Elsidia said:

If you are under DD 2.0 RC8, gloves and armbinder can't be worn together. The fix is: remove hands biped slot from armbinder, update arms animation from some post in torture devices (made animation for my wish - you can search torture devices for my posts - there is a low count so will be find easy and there near is fixed animation), update armbinder meshes by increase to fit new animation for arms and hands. Then armbinder can be wear with gloves. I'm not sure maybe latest fixed animation is included latest torture devices update.

I know that there's that issue with RC8 -- I actually modified DD so that I could use both. I followed your instruction regarding the search in Torture Devices. Is this what you were talking about? (Shown below.) Will it fix my issue perhaps?

I want to verify something. I quit using DD because I could never get out of the devices before I bought the key. 
If it happens and I cannot get out of the device, can I use the following console commands
player.showinventory

player.removeitem ID x

From what I read in a earlier post  ID is the items number and in most cases, x would be 1.
Is that correct?    I want to go back using DD if I can figure out how to unequip a device before I get to Good Neighbor.
Usually takes me quite some time to get there.
Thanks

2 hours ago, ivanoff said:

I want to verify something. I quit using DD because I could never get out of the devices before I bought the key. 
If it happens and I cannot get out of the device, can I use the following console commands
player.showinventory

player.removeitem ID x

From what I read in a earlier post  ID is the items number and in most cases, x would be 1.
Is that correct?    I want to go back using DD if I can figure out how to unequip a device before I get to Good Neighbor.
Usually takes me quite some time to get there.
Thanks

There's 2 components to a device. You have to remove the unnamed one and that can be  guessing game. I usually just add the key.

On 9/26/2022 at 4:26 AM, ivanoff said:

if I can figure out how to unequip a device before I get to Good Neighbor.

Short game mechanics:

There is 4 ways to escape a restraint:

1) use a key - there is unlock shield time (with default difficulty 4 is  3 - 7 hours by random, but it depends on restraints properties - those can be changed by other mods) if difficulty is 0 - most hard, then time can be about 7  - 15 hours, with lowest difficulty 9 - it's always 1 hour) - the same mechanics is about all other types of escape. If difficulty is (0 - 8 ) - there in some restraints is set lock reach chance (straitjackets have very low chance to insert key) - if you failed then start cool down time - default 3 hours, other settings depend on item and difficulty level. Also depend on difficulty level, there is chance to break a key. And if you do it, you need new key. Also in that moment can trigger lock break - before you can use new key you need repair lock. Default break chance 25%, lock jam chance 30%. If you fail repair lock, there is cool downtime too - 5 hours by default. Default chance to repair lock - 20%

2) Struggle - chance of struggle is set for each restraint different (some restraints can be 0%) - default chance on default difficulty is 5% - after failing too there is cool downtime default 3 hours. If you fail a struggle - there is chance to trigger critical failure (you will be notified by new menu) - it's set match escape time to 0% (in this case - struggle) for this current restraint. Default catastrophic failure chance - 15%. Also for any restraint you can check this chance of escape - Examine restraint - and it will return your text info in 3 stage for each escape: struggle, pick-lock and cut off) If in text are line impossible for struggle - it means chance 0%.

3) Pick lock - for this you need booby pin. If failed - pin breaks - if you have perk 4 locksmith - pin breaks too. Any other settings as for struggle. Default lock-pick chance - 15%. There in most cases it's set different chance for different restraints - check Examine restraint. You can set use mini game - it's hard for use, so don't recommend. Info here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/page/170/#comment-3791239

3) Cut off - for this you need sharp item in inventory - combat knife as example or any other knife. All mechanics as in previous - default cut off chance is 0%. In different restraints this chance is set, check Examine restraint.

This is main mechanic - now about pipboy.

If you try equip restraint it shows up put on menu, if it not equipped or show any other possibilities to escape restraint. If menu don't show up - you have broken restraint or broken DD or have mod conflicts with DD.

How to spend cool down time?

You can't sleep - there is anti cheat engine, so in sleep time not decrease.

You can spend time by doing other things in restraints. If you have hand restraints there is no any good actions to do.

So there still is left cheat - you can wait on chair - it continue hours. If you need 4 hours for cooldown, just wait 4 hours on chair. I will likely set up anti cheat mechanic for wait time too - it's easy for scripting . But as i say, you have low variants to do, when you are in hand restraints, so it's will be very hardcore. Also there is few mods, what helps to escape - Sexual harassment i only know. There is some more mods like Boston .... forgot mod name, so i don't mention it.

As it said earlier, you can buy keys in Memory den and also, if you have DCW, it spawns keys in containers. But containers triggers traps with restraints too. Mod is buggy - use with caution.  About Kimy location and restraint bench - later i will publish screenshots by update this post for @CannonCorn.

UPD: Kimy locations:

Spoiler

image.jpeg.05cb8abadac1887c7cd3786ffe6c1e12.jpeg

Spoiler

image.jpeg.1a7ad1ebc840cb9f3bcce721bcf6ae67.jpeg

Spoiler

image.jpeg.0b6a903102d0c5b0701a47fba3880449.jpeg

UPD2: Restraints bench:

Spoiler

ScreenShot19.jpg.336bd90386f82fdbcfcaf93fb973130f.jpg

Location into Workshop:

Spoiler

ScreenShot20.jpg.66ef6b2edfc70c6e5c2d182d111b64af.jpg

Spoiler

ScreenShot21.jpg.e64d92ade6923ed37a5e0327603e7732.jpg

Edited by Elsidia
3 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

And thanks for the summary.

I made some grammatical and added changes in this post, so you can check it again. Update is for Lock pick mini game, other changes is grammatical and more logical changes (as i not English in first times text is hard).

Edited by Elsidia
6 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

And thanks for the summary.

I forgot other mechanics, what is hidden into mod.

Leveling up escape chance.

1) For current restraint. If you use any type of escape and fail it - it increases escape count by 1 - and it uses to calculate chance for next attempt. So if you try say about 100+ times to escape and not trigger a critical failure - there chance of escape will be near to 100%. It resets, if restraint is removed and destroyed.

2) For all restraints in mod are hidden ability - success escape count. So if you success escape (keys unlock not count, only struggle, cut off and pick-lock), it increases by 1. Not used more as 100 - if you are escaped 1000 times it's helps the same as 101 times. So as more you success escape as easier is escape from next restraint.

3) Depend on your stats: as more strength you have, as more easy is struggle out. As more agility you have, as more easier is cut off device. Lock-pick chance increases, if you have Locksmith perk. As bigger as easy to lock-pick.

9 hours ago, CannonCorn said:

Hey, ive checked all around the memory den and i cant for the life of me find the npc. I also cant find the crafting table in the crafting or raider section, and i cant see it in MCM. Help??? lol thanks

This sounds like you may not have the plugin active, in that case. Make sure you've got all the dependencies for DD installed and that your mod manager isn't complaining about missing masters or disabling DD's plugin for other reasons. Kimy usually either hangs out in the hallway to the bathrooms on the bench under the stairs, or on the sofa in the main room right by the door to that hallway.

Note that there's no MCM in DD 2.0, but if you're using RC8 or CE9 then there should be one if Devious Devices.esm is enabled.