I realized I can probably pull a key out of the esl file directly if I wanted to cheat. It's a new play through, so don't really have a chance at taking out a raider gang at lvl 4 on survivor. 

Where is Kimy located if I wanted to look her up? 

1 hour ago, deathmorph said:

That's working?

For different restraints different escape chances are set to different value. If you are experienced escapist, your chance is higher.  With each escape, chance for escape increases, if you not critically fail escape. Then it set to 0% and no more chance of escape. Also if chance of escape is 0%, it still allow escape, even if it always fail. You can check your chance: Escape-> Examine item. If you got answer - This is a high security restraint. Struggling out from this device will be impossible! - then chance is 0% Any other answers lead to any other percentage of chance. Example - This restraint is fairly weak and will not offer much resistance against struggling. If chance is bigger as 75%. If you interest, i can translate all answer in percentage chance. UPD: For each type - struggling, pick-lock and cut off is own message in answer. UPD2: Also for escape chance is used difficulty level - as higher it is as harder to escape.

Edited by Elsidia
10 hours ago, Elsidia said:

If you interest, i can translate all answer in percentage chance

That's interesting, thanks for the information.
An overview - thanks for the offer, but it's not necessary. I love being surprised. The important thing is that I develop an understanding of the basics.

14 hours ago, deathmorph said:

That's working? I just struggled with the handcuffs once for 20 minutes and didn't get out.

Some you may never be able to struggle out of, but also be sure you're talking about DD cuffs and not RH cuffs. Different mods, different escape mechanics.

3 minutes ago, a_very_chill_ghost said:

where can you find Kimy the NPC?

The Memory Den in Goodneighbor. Sometimes she's on the sofa near the stairs in the main hall, sometimes she's under the stairs by the bathroom.

2 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

I have both enabled. DD also has handcuffs? I thought that uses DD from RH.

DD has a variety of kinds of wrist cuffs of its own. They typically don't look like normal handcuffs, but some can look fairly similar to the ones from RH at a distance.

How can I tell which of the handcuffs are being used?

The DD ones don't generally block you from accessing your Pip-Boy, and you attempt to struggle out of them by trying to unequip them in the Pip-Boy inventory, though they will block you from trying to get out of any other DDs. The RH ones bring up a dialogue if you try to access your Pip-Boy, giving you options to struggle or investigate the lock.

Can't I get out of handcuffs at RH?

Yes, they both have escape solutions, they simply differ by interface and implementation.

1 hour ago, Robert T said:

In addition to fixing bugs, what else does RC8 add?

It integrates a lot of the earlier add-on feature patches like face morphs for gags, AAF protected equipment data, a mechanism to keep bound arm poses in AAF scenes, disables running in DD outfits with heels, lockpick mini-game, incorporates the shoes from the Slave Heels mod, adds an MCM to control a lot of the options/settings like setting escape difficulty or toggling between slow walk and bunny hop or the strength of the blindfold effect or whether your Pip-Boy gets disabled with mittens on... lots more I'm forgetting too, I'm sure.

5 hours ago, Elsidia said:

This was in DD 2.0, in DD 2.0 RC8 just add MCM setting for that.

In 2.0 but not actually accessible I guess (how were you supposed to turn it on in 2.0)? Sort of like saying the parasite monster devices were in 2.0... well, the meshes were, yes, but there were no armor records for them nor locking/escape instrumentation for them.

25 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

In 2.0 but not actually accessible

Easy. It already, if i remember right, was write in some hidden DD manual inside mod. Not remember where.

Open console and

set DD_Config_lockPickSystem to 1

UPD: Open Original mod archive and in folder docs are file Devious Devices for Fallout 4 - ReadMe.txt  - there is instruction how to activate minigame.

Edited by Elsidia
5 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

Easy. It already, if i remember right, was write in some hidden DD manual inside mod. Not remember where.

Open console and

set DD_Config_lockPickSystem to 1

That's fair. I don't consider adjusting globalvars via the console to be an "accessible" user interface, but I suppose some mod authors do.

3 hours ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

She is level 4 so there is not way she will have been there before.

Be that as it may, you asked where to find Kimy. You'll find her in the Memory Den in Goodneighbor (once you can get there).