Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm having a issue with RC8 where if something puts DD on my character like after a scene from the violate mod or from the body on the road near the red rocket, Sometimes the DD will be invisible on my character but if I go into the pipboy I can see them equipped but I can just take them off like their normal clothing.

I'm not sure whats causing the issue since in a game with pretty much all other mods disabled it still seems to happen.

1 hour ago, Spaceguest991 said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm having a issue with RC8 where if something puts DD on my character like after a scene from the violate mod or from the body on the road near the red rocket, Sometimes the DD will be invisible on my character but if I go into the pipboy I can see them equipped but I can just take them off like their normal clothing.

I'm not sure whats causing the issue since in a game with pretty much all other mods disabled it still seems to happen.

Did you run Bodyslide after the install?

Do you have all the requirements?

Edited by jbezorg
2 hours ago, jbezorg said:

Did you run Bodyslide after the install?

Do you have all the requirements?

I did run bodyslide after install apart from a few plugs items cause otherwise they stretch out.

As for the requirements, I had all of them for the base DD by kimy such as all the dlc, CCBE, bodyslide and outfit studio, torture devices and AKR kinda left over from the other mods that ask for it still.

Did RC8 have different requirements? if so I probably did miss them.

4 hours ago, Spaceguest991 said:

I did run bodyslide after install apart from a few plugs items cause otherwise they stretch out.

As for the requirements, I had all of them for the base DD by kimy such as all the dlc, CCBE, bodyslide and outfit studio, torture devices and AKR kinda left over from the other mods that ask for it still.

Did RC8 have different requirements? if so I probably did miss them.

You should not install the DD patches with RC8. Did you do that?

12 hours ago, jbezorg said:

You should not install the DD patches with RC8. Did you do that?

Let's see there is devious merchants, devious devices Gags and Keys Patch( thought it was for RC8 and I still got the problem with it turned off), devious devices ai upscaled textures, Roggs item managers, DD bench unlock. I think that was all the mods I had that played with DD other than mods like violate and sexual harassment that can put DD on the player.

Something I've noticed is if I can DD put on by the body near the red rocket all of the DD seems to apply just fine every time but the iron chastity bra which bugs out and isn't visible on my character model, but can see it in my pipboy equipped and I can unequipped without going through the DD menu and it can be equipped in the pipboy and it will show up on my character model and go through the DD menu to take it back off if I lock it on.

in hindsight I should of said that from the start about being up to put on myself without issue its just when other things put them on I seem to get the problem and does seem to be only some items and not others that get the issue.

Maybe it's cause I didn't have the Buffout mod from nexus it's causing the issue?

Edited by Spaceguest991
29 minutes ago, Spaceguest991 said:

Let's see there is devious merchants, devious devices Gags and Keys Patch( thought it was for RC8 and I still got the problem with it turned off), devious devices ai upscaled textures, Roggs item managers, DD bench unlock. I think that was all the mods I had that played with DD other than mods like violate and sexual harassment that can put DD on the player.

Something I've noticed is if I can DD put on by the body near the red rocket all of the DD seems to apply just fine every time but the iron chastity bra which bugs out and isn't visible on my character model, but can see it in my pipboy equipped and I can unequipped without going through the DD menu and it can be equipped in the pipboy and it will show up on my character model and go through the DD menu to take it back off if I lock it on.

in hindsight I should of said that from the start about being up to put on myself without issue its just when other things put them on I seem to get the problem and does seem to be only some items and not others that get the issue

What body are you using? What comes packaged with RC8 is CBBE. If you are using FG then you need to get the BodySlide for that.

2 versions available for FG

Edited by jbezorg
11 minutes ago, jbezorg said:

What body are you using? What comes packaged with RC8 is CBBE. If you are using FG then you need to get the BodySlide for that.

Their earlier post indicated CBBE:

As for the requirements, I had all of them for the base DD by kimy such as all the dlc, CCBE, ...

On 6/18/2022 at 11:06 PM, Spaceguest991 said:

Sometimes the DD will be invisible on my character but if I go into the pipboy I can see them equipped but I can just take them off like their normal clothing.

Probably this is script incompatible with DD 2.0 RC8 - also if you use Roggs manager it's incompatible with DD 2.0 RC8 as there is items about what Roggs manager don't know. So because even if you see equipped item, it's equips only inventory device and not rendered, so because it's technically not equipped and damaged. Also maybe some of you mods replace scripts or items in DD 2.0 RC8 and those incompatible.  If you use specifics mods you need return back to bugged DD 2.0 what at least will work with own bugs)

PS maybe i'm too old for that and Roogs manager is updated for DD 2.0 RC8?  If yes just correct me.

7 hours ago, Elsidia said:

PS maybe i'm too old for that and Roogs manager is updated for DD 2.0 RC8?  If yes just correct me.

If memory serves, Roggvir was waiting for a new official version of DD before updating the item manager mod.

12 hours ago, Elsidia said:

Probably this is script incompatible with DD 2.0 RC8 - also if you use Roggs manager it's incompatible with DD 2.0 RC8 as there is items about what Roggs manager don't know. So because even if you see equipped item, it's equips only inventory device and not rendered, so because it's technically not equipped and damaged. Also maybe some of you mods replace scripts or items in DD 2.0 RC8 and those incompatible.  If you use specifics mods you need return back to bugged DD 2.0 what at least will work with own bugs)

Tried it with both Roggs items managers disabled but it still happens, maybe I got another mod that is messing with RC8 that isn't DD related.

20 hours ago, Elsidia said:

if you use Roggs manager it's incompatible with DD 2.0 RC8 as there is items about what Roggs manager don't know

The manager is NOT "incompatible" with DD 2.0 RC8.

It only doesn't provide means to control whether the newly added items in DD 2.0 RC8 are allowed or forbidden when it comes to selecting random items.
As a result, any mod that is using the manager to get list of random items to equip, will receive list containing only the items the item manager "knows" (any new items, added in DD 2.0 RC8, will never make it into that list).

Anyway, the post you are reacting to, is about having "invisible" items equipped, which has nothing to do with the manager.
The item manager does NOT equip anything on anybody, that is not what it does.
Other mods can ask the item manager to give them a list of random items to equip, at which point the item manager selects random items from a pool of "allowed" items and hands over that list to the other mods.

It is up to the other mods to handle the equiping of any items.

There is no way, how the item manager could be responsible for "invisible items" (or missing render items), no matter what version of DD you are using - it is simply impossible.
The worst thing that can happen is that the item manager will not include any new items (or any items it doesn't "know" - be it items from a newer version of DD, or older version of DD, than the version of DD the item manager was made for).

1 hour ago, Roggvir said:

The manager is NOT "incompatible" with DD 2.0 RC8.

Sorry about that. I still not study your mod script sources but maybe will do in future how this mod works. Somewhere as i think there must be connection between DD random equip function or maybe it's just work for mods what not use this function? That means DCW traps ignores manager? Don't know. As i say in future maybe need to study this script as i try rework DD equip engine. At this point badly stuck in FO4 archived references in inventory part and vanilla FO4 engine wishes totally ignore script variables using. So maybe it will be no soon. I'm in half way to success and don't want turn back as it destroy all good things what i was succeed.

The invisible DD items problem some people may* be having is that it's not equipping the right version of the item for whatever reason.

For example, you could in your pipboy or console show item [XX2cdd0f] equipped/worn and locked and it will not be rendering on your PC.

But if you unequip the item by whatever means and reequip the item from your pipboy it will now show [XX2cdd10] as now equipped/worn locked.

Both were worn and locked but different item IDs & only one was rendered.

Obviously one of those is the rendered item with the proper Armor Addon model and the other has the DD_Dummy_AA [ARMA:XX0C0D99] which is why it's not rendering the item. But it will show as equipped and locked in console command using inv command.

The _inventory item which has a dummy render is equipped instead of the _rendered item.

I see this happen with AAF Violate sometimes, maybe because it's equipping multiple items and the _inventory item is scripted to change into the _rendered item on equipping (at least from the pipboy), unsure how the scripting is done between the two mods. Some items are the _rendered versions and some are the _inventory versions. 

Maybe a dirty fix would be just removing the Dummy AA and replacing with the proper Armor Addon models for each item. But while that would fix the occasional no render issue in this instance it's still not equipping the _rendered item and instead equipping the _inventory item for whatever reason.

Hey,

soory if this question was allready answerd.

But since a Raider put an Iron Chastity Bra on me I can't unequip it any more even with the Chastity Key I looted back from him.

Every time I uneqip it, a second later it's allready equiped back.

Do I miss something? Or is this a bug caused by an ItemSortingMod? I am using the latest version :/

22 hours ago, slight_of_mind said:

The invisible DD items problem some people may* be having is that it's not equipping the right version

This conclusion is wrong. There no right or wrong versions of DD items. Truth is in that DD item not "simple" item but unity from 2 items: inventory device and rendered device.

inventorydevice - armor addon dummy (invisible on actor), contains all necessary scripts and variables for successfully equip and maintain DD items and effects. Have a name an are visible in inventory, from DD keywords are marked with keyword DD_kw_InventoryItem and used to recognize this item as inventory device.

rendereddevice - armor addon what you see on actor, doesn't contain any scripts or effects, marked with keyword DD_kw_RenderedItem to recognize it as rendered item.  Also contains all DD keywords what is necessary to define DD item type and equipped effects. Doesn't have name because in inventory are invisible.

You can't equip or unequip rendereddevice or inventory device using console or player.equipitem(inventorydevice). If is equipped only one item, then device is broken and not work Any inventory device have strict connect to match rendered device.

You need use for that special DD library function called from scripts libs.EquipDevice(player, inventorydevice, rendereddevice, ..... /other function parameters what can be skipped or define for better use/) Or you can equip Dd item by manually activate inventorydevice in inventory what activates scripts inside this item and equip rendereddevice if there no restrictions or problems.

When activates this script, first it check if device can be equipped (not block for other equipped DD items or effects). If all right, it equips inventorydevice and send signal to script equip rendereddevice. And if somehow there script is damaged or bugged by wrong patches or any other way, rendereddevice not equipped and you got what you see: equipped invventorydevice, what not work without rendereddevice and as rendereddevice not equipped you don't see effects and device on actor.

The same for unequip - first it unequips inventorydevice, then unequips rendereddevice and remove all effects. If you unequip rendereddevice using console, all effects stays on actor as there no trigger script inside inventorydevice what unequips rendereddevice and removes effects.  For unequip from script it uses function libs.RemoveDevice(player, inventorydevice, rendereddevice, /other parameters what not need to define, but you can/ )

So if AAF violate equips only inventorydevice then most problems is that DD script is somehow damaged. Or invisible incompatibility with DD 2.0 RC8. I'm not test AAF violate on DD 2.0 RC8.  Also this can be happen, if in one time is equipped on NPC many devices and, when script resolves, it found that in place where need be equipped rendereddevice already stays rendereddevice from other item. Also NPC equip system itself is bugged by script so there can be many outcomes.

In short it works in that way. In long it's many more complicated and itself DD equip system holds many bugs, what i encounter, when try to rework this system and found that those bugs are in original DD 2.0, not made by me)

Edited by Elsidia

It seems that Lockpicking Minigame option is bugged for DDs in RC8. If I enable it, every time I pick a lock - another minigame pops up, afterwards - another one. I can either give up by pressing "Esc" or break my lock pick trying - in any case the result is the same - failure to open the lock on DD.

17 minutes ago, m0rdr3d0 said:

another minigame pops up,

What you mean by other miningame pops up?

Oh... wait...

To unlock DD item there is many minigames in one row. To success unlock a item you need win all or dd item stays on place.

It depends on lock difficulty.

If difficulty is 100% - 75% - one minigame     perk not needed

75% - 50% - two minigame      perk level 1

50% - 15% - three minigame    perk level 2

15% - 1% - four minigame      perk level 3

UPD:Also it's ignores lockpick perk 4 so booby pin always break if failed.

Depend on lock difficulty you need lockpick perks. For most difficult lock you need lockpick perk 3. If you don't it not allow to play minigamme by saying: "Lock skill is too low"

UPD2: green part updated info.

Edited by Elsidia
4 hours ago, Elsidia said:

What you mean by other miningame pops up?

Oh... wait...

To unlock DD item there is many minigames in one row. To success unlock a item you need win all or dd item stays on place.

It depends on lock difficulty.

If difficulty is 100% - 75% - one minigame     perk not needed

75% - 50% - two minigame      perk level 1

50% - 15% - three minigame    perk level 2

15% - 1% - four minigame      perk level 3

UPD:Also it's ignores lockpick perk 4 so booby pin always break if failed.

Depend on lock difficulty you need lockpick perks. For most difficult lock you need lockpick perk 3. If you don't it not allow to play minigamme by saying: "Lock skill is too low"

UPD2: green part updated info.

That's... devious. 

Ok, thanks, I was sure that it's a bug after getting 3 minigames in a row.

4 hours ago, Elsidia said:

This conclusion is wrong. There no right or wrong versions of DD items. Truth is in that DD item not "simple" item but unity from 2 items: inventory device and rendered device.

If the rendered device should be equipped from an event and instead the inventory device which contains the scripts to swap to the rendered devices is being equipped instead and not swapping over... yes I would say it's the wrong version of the device. Especially when all other devices applied during the same event call properly equipped the rendered item version. I don't why you feel the need to jump to semantics of explaining how it should* be working under the hood to overcomplicated a simple notice of an issue for anyone with the same occurrence of non rendering equipped devices that have been built in BS.

You can't equip or unequip rendered device or inventory device using console or player.equipitem(inventorydevice).

You can, I did and that's how I noticed it's not applying the correct version, "the only way you can't unequip a device" is if a script call keeps reequipping it. There is something a miss likely some leftover issue from the original frame work, I don't know I'm not going to dissect it. It is a mess. The _inventory item after the event is equipped and locked according to console but the script it contains never fired off. I can unequip the problem DD via pipboy and reequip it and the scripts will activate and apply the _rendered version of the DD item & have the menu activate to lock it or manipulate the locks or do nothing.

Be it I can alleviate the issue with no rendering through the jank simplicity of adding the proper armor addons to the _inventory items until I open the pipboy and unequip/reequip the _inventory item so as it properly fires of the scripts to equip the _rendered items & lock them (which it should have been in the first place), I'll leave the issue to whoever cares to sort out the how and why it's not working by its design instead of disgress-splaining the headache framework structure choices from the from the original creator.