12 hours ago, Spaceguest991 said:

I think... after all that it was the  Ai Upscaled Textures - Devious Devices 1.0  that was giving me troubles. Now I just feel kinda stupid for not thinking about sooner cause I kept over-looking it thinking it shouldn't be doing anything to make problems and causing people so much trouble. Cause things seem to be working again after uninstall it.

Interesting! I'm using those with DD RC8 and don't think I've observed the same issues.

Hey, can someone actually help me. The mod works almost fine. I can use the devices on npc's, and thes wasteland mod ads the belts to my player model. BUT if i craft or buy the items they dont work. i dont get it. Even it the quest to get myself out of the "belts" i am unable to put on handcuffs. 

6 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Interesting! I'm using those with DD RC8 and don't think I've observed the same issues.

It seems like it's more of a me problem so who knows. Maybe something somewhere in the mod list doesn't like something else since I wouldn't think the AI upscale would mess with things the way I've been having issues. Maybe I've just got too many mods downloaded

If anyone cares, did a very small edit on EquipDevice & RemoveDevice.

For now, only for non-player characters, not sure if it plays nice with the player character and I'm poking around the rest of the effects - to see if this screws something that I'd want to have working later on.

If (akActor != Player && RenderedDevice.HasKeyword(DD_kw_ItemType_Gag) == true)
        VoiceType DD_EmptyVoiceType = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x001091E3, "Fallout4.esm") as VoiceType
        akActor.SetOverrideVoiceType(DD_EmptyVoiceType)
    EndIf    

the more dangerous part is the removedevice part, which just looks at the rendereddevice being called:

If (akActor != Player && RenderedDevice.HasKeyword(DD_kw_ItemType_Gag) == true)
        akActor.SetOverrideVoiceType(None)
    EndIf

You could of course just check if the actor is wearing any device with that keyword - might be more safe/sane. I'm fairly sure setting the overridevoicetype to none is safe as such to do on some actor that hasn't an override in effect. But you know.. nothing is certain. Also if there is any other time the game or another mod resets a character using SetOverrideVoiceType(None) then this will not work consistently and the npcs will start jabbering again.

At least this way I got companions to shut up for real, like Preston. (you may need a fresh save to test this, at the very least create an entirely new gag into the gamespace and equip it)

DD_Library.psc

This is a problem I have on both Skyrim and FO4; the keys never seem to drop, and I rarely get any devices that are not "impossible to cut" and "very hard to pick". I am pretty certain by this point I am missing something, but what I don't know. Is there anything for FO4 that allows you to fine tune the devices used by npc's in game?

I think having some "special" mods for power armor would be cool, even better, in DCW there could be trapped power armor sets that lock the player inside or place DD accessories on the player.

just an idea though, i have no idea how hard this would be as I'm not very experienced when it comes to modding.

23 hours ago, SkwidBoi said:

I think having some "special" mods for power armor would be cool, even better, in DCW there could be trapped power armor sets that lock the player inside or place DD accessories on the player.

just an idea though, i have no idea how hard this would be as I'm not very experienced when it comes to modding.

Angeli's Explorer Suit and Power Armor is already halfway there. At least it looks like you're locked into bondage gear when you wear it! Would just need some scripting to disable the exit function, probably?

Edit: I just happened across a somewhat recent mention of someone doing exactly that, in fact.

Edited by vaultbait
17 hours ago, corvusbray said:

the keys never seem to drop,

In DD 2.0 any version keys never drop, it can by from Kimy in Memory Den. Use DCW mod to get trapped chests and key loot from it.

I rarely get any devices that are not "impossible to cut" and "very hard to pick". I am

If you use DD 2.0 RC8 set difficulty 9 - it's most easier settings for devices, in DD 2,0, this setting is by default because of bug.

Is there anything for FO4 that allows you to fine tune the devices used by npc's in game?

What you mean by that?

Edited by Elsidia
12 hours ago, Elsidia said:

In DD 2.0 any version keys never drop, it can by from Kimy in Memory Den. Use DCW mod to get trapped chests and key loot from it.

If you use DD 2.0 RC8 set difficulty 9 - it's most easier settings for devices, in DD 2,0, this setting is by default because of bug.

What you mean by that?

This told me everything I needed. Thank you. The last one was because I missed a menu in the MCM that did just that. Skyrim it was a separate mod, which is why I was asking. Thanks for your help.

13 hours ago, Elsidia said:

It also seems like something may override the difficulty in some way, because I'm usually told the lock is too complex for me to pick even with difficulty at 9 and a couple of ranks in locksmithing. Is it possible Harassment amd Violate are setting a high difficulty on the devices rather than letting them be set at random? Or could the fact that I enable the lockpicking mini-game in the MCM be causing it to use a different algorithm for calculating difficulty?

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

It also seems like something may override the difficulty in some way, because I'm usually told the lock is too complex for me to pick even with difficulty at 9 and a couple of ranks in locksmithing. Is it possible Harassment amd Violate are setting a high difficulty on the devices rather than letting them be set at random? Or could the fact that I enable the lockpicking mini-game in the MCM be causing it to use a different algorithm for calculating difficulty?

With the mini game active the difficulty setting is ignored... for me. It's always Mater level x 3 and rarely 4.

1 hour ago, izzyknows said:

With the mini game active the difficulty setting is ignored... for me. It's always Mater level x 3 and rarely 4.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

It also seems like something may override the difficulty in some way, because I'm usually told the lock is too complex for me to pick even with difficulty at 9 and a couple of ranks in locksmithing.

Depend of script lockpick mini game not based on difficulty level.  only lockpick mini-game cool-down is affected by difficulty modifier.

Maybe it's bug or just not thinking about this game design when it put into DD.

Lockpick mini game is based on devices lock settings. So in theory it's logical. If device have strong lock, so there no any reason made it easier as device depends.

By default if device itself not change lock difficulty it's 15 (need locksmith 2 and 3 success games) Also lock strength is set 100 - 15.

If default lockpick is generated by random and using difficulty level, then lockpick mini game is based on your perk locksmith and your skill open lock with booby pin (i mean your skill in RL operate with mouse) and just luck not to break pin.

The same mini game ignore lock access difficulty, so it's easier pick lock as you not fail to access. Not sure if isn't bug too.

And at end you can open lock with minigame even if chance is 0

Not sure with locksmith perk level 3 and lock strength 100 is possible to open lock 4 times per line?

About level 4 it's in case, if device lock strength is set in device lover as 15, or after Catastrophic Failure when chance is set to zero.

So you can discuss how must look mini game. In next post i will try put text how work this thing.

So player check use lockpick

Step 1 - checking if have valid item for lockpick (booby pin or any item what is set into Device property

Step 2 - check if player can make lockpick using difficulty modifier  (coolldown time)

Step 3 - check if player want use minigame

If yes

Step 3a - set lock strength depend on Device property LockPickEscapeChance or after failure this value is set to zero.

Step 3b - check if you have valid perk level for this lock strength

Step 3c - temporary removes perk 4 so pin will be break.

Step 3d - temporary removes all pins and give 1 pin for lock

Step 3e - start first cycle of unlock (max 4 on level 4)

Step 3f - Set lock strength 100 - device property and open mini game.

Step 3g - if failed check catastrophically failure chance using property from device.  Set chance to escape to zero if check was success else just inform you about failure. In both case stop lockpick mini game. If you win mini game - increase round number and return to step 3f - you are one step to freedom.

If no

Step 3a - check lock access difficulty using lock access difficulty property in device. If you fail abort lockpick operation.

Step 3b - calculate random escape chance using difficulty modifier based on LockPickEscapeChance (if LockPickEscapeChance  is zero - always fail)

That's all - if success you are free or if fail, do the same as Step 3g - so there is chance that LockPickEscapeChance will be set to zero and never escape.

PS: Update successful. Post are completed.

Edited by Elsidia
36 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

Depend of script lockpick mini game not based on difficulty level.  only lockpick mini-game cool-down is affected by difficulty modifier.

Maybe it's bug or just not thinking about this game design when it put into DD.

Lockpick mini game is based on devices lock settings. So in theory it's logical. If device have strong lock, so there no any reason made it easier as device depends.

By default if device itself not change lock difficulty it's 15 (need locksmith 2 and 3 success games) Also lock strength is set 100 - 15.

If default lockpick is generated by random and using difficulty level, then lockpick mini game is based on your perk locksmith and your skill open lock with booby pin (i mean your skill in RL operate with mouse) and just luck not to break pin.

The same mini game ignore lock access difficulty, so it's easier pick lock as you not fail to access. Not sure if isn't bug too.

And at end you can open lock with minigame even if chance is 0

Not sure with locksmith perk level 3 and lock strength 100 is possible to open lock 4 times per line?

About level 4 it's in case, if device lock strength is set in device lover as 15, or after Catastrophic Failure when chance is set to zero.

So you can discuss how must look mini game. In next post i will try put text how work this thing.

What I've observed with the mini-game enabled is that DD will almost never allow me to even try to pick the lock. It just says the lock is too difficult and that's it. On the rare occasion that it will let me try to pick the lock, I need to successfully pick it three times in a row with a single bobby pin. If I mess up on one of the locks, then the bobby pin is broken and I have to wait the duration of the cooldown timer to try again (it doesn't give you as many tries as you have bobby pins). The end result is that I can pretty much never successfully pick any DD locks. Granted, I probably suck at the mini-game, but it's rare that I even get to the mini-game in the first place.

Edit: I got too used to the easy mode in DD 2.0, which it sounds like I can still have in RC8 if I set difficulty to 9 and don't turn on the mini-game, I just wish it were able to be made similarly easy with the mini-game so I could enjoy that feature and added immersion without it turning things into an unpleasant chore. Basically get rid of the perk check so I can always start the mini-game, scale the lock's picking window based on the device's difficulty and my locksmith perk level, and only very occasionally require me to pick more than one lock in a row (after all, someone probably just put a half a dozen devices on me so I'll have plenty I have to try to pick as it is).

Edited by vaultbait
11 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

t just says the lock is too difficult

You need lockpick perk level 3 for most complicate locks.

12 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I need to successfully pick it three times in a row with a single bobby pin.

Check previous updated post, it removes your pins and use only 1

So if you have locksmith perk level 3 then any lock need 3 or 4 successfully attempts to unlock device and lock strength is 100 - 75: depend on Device settings. (100 - escape chance is 0 and 75 if escape property is 15: i don't see any device what set escape chance bigger than default value 15)

As for me i never use this mini game.

This mini game is designed for devices what set lock difficulty. So without it, no one lock will opens with locksmith perk level 1 or 2.

In short all DD devices in mod have high level locks (3 or 4) and no one have level 1 - 2.

Unless some mod will make those devices with simple locks.

25 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

You need lockpick perk level 3 for most complicate locks.

Check previous updated post, it removes your pins and use only 1

So if you have locksmith perk level 3 then any lock need 3 or 4 successfully attempts to unlock device and lock strength is 100 - 75: depend on Device settings. (100 - escape chance is 0 and 75 if escape property is 15: i don't see any device what set escape chance bigger than default value 15)

As for me i never use this mini game.

This mini game is designed for devices what set lock difficulty. So without it, no one lock will opens with locksmith perk level 1 or 2.

In short all DD devices in mod have high level locks (3 or 4) and no one have level 1 - 2.

Unless some mod will make those devices with simple locks.

Thanks, that makes sense. I restart the game extremely frequently since I'm usually playtesting a variety of mods, so I rarely play long enough to get the second locksmith rank and almost never long enough to be able to get the third. I guess the mini-game is designed strictly for overpowered 50+ level characters in order to try and provide them with some degree of challenge, and doesn't scale well to level ~10.

6 hours ago, Elsidia said:

Maybe you or community have ideas how to made this game more enjoyable?

Yeah, my suggestions were in an edit to an earlier post:

16 hours ago, vaultbait said:

get rid of the perk check so I can always start the mini-game, scale the lock's picking window based on the device's difficulty and my locksmith perk level, and only very occasionally require me to pick more than one lock in a row

Maybe that could be gated by additional MCM options or dynamically adjusted relative to the existing difficulty slider.

In 2.0, I'd just try to struggle and then try to lockpick each device placed on me, and an hour later try again until I got free from all of them. Usually it took 2-3 game hours to get free of most stuff, maybe longer if there were cuffs since I'd have to get out of those first before I could try to undo anything else. In RC8 with the lockpicking mini-game feature turned on, it's rare that I even get the option to try to pick the lock if I'm even lucky enough to have found a bobby pin, which makes the mini-game's existence fairly pointless. Instead I wind up falling back on other mods to free myself (Sex Attributes though I don't often have enough willpower, DD Bench Unlocker but I'm usually flat broke and have to spend a while trying to brute-force it, Sexual Harassment except it's more likely they just put more devices on me instead...).

Making the mini-game harder to pick some locks than others (without necessarily requiring you do solve multiple locks in a row for one device), but keeping the one-lockpick-per-try dynamic with an hour cooldown, would still be sufficiently challenging for my playthroughs where bobby pins are already extremely scarce, I usually have 0 or 1 level of locksmith perk, no mods are giving me restraint/chastity keys at random, and NPCs are constantly trying to put more devices on me.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Maybe that could be gated by additional MCM options or dynamically adjusted relative to the existing difficulty slider.

Ok i made a 99% match excel calculation table and add for minigame difficulty modifier.

Green fields are fields what you can modify. Other fields are temporary fields for success calc. Do not please touch it.

Yellow fields are results.

For compare i add normal game and with difficulty modifier.

EscapeAttemptsMade  is variable what count your failures in escape - so if any failure on is easier to escape unless critical failure appears and set all to zero.

EscapesMade  are global variable what stores any success escape from device (struggle, cut or lockpick) So as you are more experienced as easy is escape, but not too much as it stops on 101.

Feel free you and community to play with variables and device if it worth to add only those changes.

UPD: in minigame can add increase variable of failure if you don't have necessary skill. So after some attempts  skill level will decrease.

dd_difucultymodifier.xlsx

Edited by Elsidia

So I've updated the actor voiceoverride to a more logical location, amongst the gag face morph script. Some testing later and it seems to work. Included a compiled version in case compiling isn't your thing. (TLDR: it should shut any npc up when a gag is equipped/loaded into gamespace.

Let me know if this is unfathomably stupid or broken.

Another aside: DD_Library had it's Group ActorValues all set to const - I'm not sure if this was intentional or not but altering them to variable allowed for the script to actually update the values, as far as I can recall, they never worked, at least for an npc, before this. If anyone has any history on this let me know as well - I might utilize those values for another thingamajig in the works.

DD_GagFaceMorphs.psc DD_GagFaceMorphs.pex

Edited by agrdrk
19 hours ago, agrdrk said:

Another aside: DD_Library had it's Group ActorValues all set to const - I'm not sure if this was intentional or not but altering them to variable allowed for the script to actually update the values, as far as I can recall, they never worked,

You speak about those?

Spoiler

Group ActorValues
ActorValue Property DD_AV_Arousal Auto Const                    ; For arousal tracker. Very light alternative to SL Aroused
ActorValue Property DD_AV_InflateStatusAnal Auto Const    
ActorValue Property DD_AV_InflateStatusVaginal Auto Const
ActorValue Property DD_AV_VibrateStrengthAnal Auto Const    
ActorValue Property DD_AV_VibrateStrengthVaginal Auto Const
ActorValue Property SpeedMult Auto Const                        ;100 is default
EndGroup

Those are made as universal variables but work only for player, as scripts not write for NPC. Maybe because those are const sometimes it work out bad for players too?

19 hours ago, Elsidia said:

You speak about those?

Hide contents

Group ActorValues
ActorValue Property DD_AV_Arousal Auto Const                    ; For arousal tracker. Very light alternative to SL Aroused
ActorValue Property DD_AV_InflateStatusAnal Auto Const    
ActorValue Property DD_AV_InflateStatusVaginal Auto Const
ActorValue Property DD_AV_VibrateStrengthAnal Auto Const    
ActorValue Property DD_AV_VibrateStrengthVaginal Auto Const
ActorValue Property SpeedMult Auto Const                        ;100 is default
EndGroup

Those are made as universal variables but work only for player, as scripts not write for NPC. Maybe because those are const sometimes it work out bad for players too?

Yeah, I might be mistaken about that though - the values increment slowly which is appropriate though.

Going to test this a lot more, I'm looking at redoing the logic during the vibrateplugs to make the resulting scene more.. umm.. smooth and synced.  I first thought about integrating with AAF but it has its quirks, so I'm first going to make a non-dependent version using some of the lessons learned.

I also cooked up a weapon item with which to trigger events and whatnot for testing purpose, which again might become an entirely separate entity because it might be cool... but also because with my modeling skills it's going to come out looking a bit "baby's first mesh bash".

1 hour ago, agrdrk said:

the values increment slowly which is appropriate though.

ActorValue Property DD_AV_Arousal Auto Const - Used for DD arousal to as additional variable if no uses Sex atributes mod. Used for player to check her arousal (not have details, but more likely only for text purpose - system message - you are arousal in some arousal level. can't say clearly not studied where arousal is use, maybe more important variable). Can be used for another mods to play orgasm or put on restrains, if arousal too high.

ActorValue Property DD_AV_InflateStatusAnal Auto Const - used simple value (from 0 -6) not sure. Used for anal plug inflation status size.

ActorValue Property DD_AV_InflateStatusVaginal Auto Const - the same as previous, but for vaginal

ActorValue Property DD_AV_VibrateStrengthAnal Auto Const - use for anal vibration strength too simple values. Not sure if it used in vibrate event.

ActorValue Property DD_AV_VibrateStrengthVaginal Auto Const - the same for vaginal

ActorValue Property SpeedMult Auto Const - used to set player speed if wear a hop dress with new animation. Used for not to cheat in first view mode.

I'm not study those variables special, maybe i wrong on some aspect but in most case it used in that way. I just found those variables, when wandering around for DD scripts fixes. Also variables idea was my, but integrated by naaitsab (not put on mention there, as it not important for her to disturb her)

Edited by Elsidia
55 minutes ago, jbezorg said:

What file/resource controls the mouth for DD gags? There's been some changes in my load order. The mouth opening when the gag is equipped has stopped and I can't tell what mod caused it.

It's the script DD_GagFaceMorphs