1 hour ago, naaitsab said:

or better animation/MT handling for NPC's also?

When i tested my old save, where many NPC was in restraints - it's shouts oneffect start many times without reason ( i add papyrus log here) I think that not important and ignore it.Ā  Maybe because i have in save other mods, what not in my game. But still maybe have ideas why? Just NPC stays in restraints but papyrus write than oneffect start.

4 hours ago, sinivii said:

However now anytime I load a save or fast-travel, Cait will revert back to her default outfit and be stuck in the Yoke animation.

About that just in my head born insane idea about insane effect. As you know, when any mod call EquipDevice or Removedevice. it calls custom event from DD mod. This even hangs up save and save can take up to 30 minutes in game, depend on mod list andĀ  PC performance. So in your save is write down (bad write because of those events), that yoke spell still equipped on NPC. So when you load a save or fast travel, event oneffectstart starts again, apply yoke variables and because NOC is reset to default outfit and start yoke animation.

As for my test build (i already lose hope, that i will finish it), those events not called, save not hang up and must work fine. Also seems need add more check in effect start if actor have necessary keywords for start this effect. So your bugged save i needs ASAP.

1 hour ago, Elsidia said:

This type of error i not try to fix. What i have done is animation control for NPC and player. i done it for legs. For arms need do more complicated things as there is more animations. Both solutions for arms and legs not universal. If some mod uses own animations and keywords - will not work. I can't detect spell what is place on actor. If are ideas how to do it, then will happy to hear.

At this moment if player have on 2 leg restraints, when one of it is removed, it's restore hop animation by apply spell again in remove procedure.Ā  As for NPC, always when equip other item even it's vanilla armor is called event oneffects stop and it's removes current apply animations. I don't know why this happen. Silly Fallout 4. So this check for NPC allows keep leg animation on, when you equip or unequip any item not related to legs animation.Ā  As for reset to default outfit, new system (what is still have my own bugs and old DD 2.0 bugs) doesn't reset default outfit and also doesn't use dummy armor on NPC. The most bugs are start if NPC or player is equipped restraint and those restraintsĀ  is more that 1 and most bugs start if it more than 5 -6. Then original FO4 reference system drives crazy. The same for different colors - it still change colors, if item reequip.Ā  Also still persist old bug, what not fixed on Skyrim ether - it's variables reset. About to fix this bug i have ideas, but not sure how it calls on mod performance.Ā 

But bug, what mention in those previous new post about yoke - never seen it, so i have no idea what causes it.

Have ideas what can be responsible for that?

One thing that could cause issues is that scripted "magic effects" (linked to spells/perks/enchantments) are not properly loaded trough cells. So if player is in Cell A and NPC X in Cell B it can break. So I think it's best to fill aliasses on a quest when a NPC get's equiped devices. And then do a check when items are removed from the NPC. If no item with the animation keywords are present the MT/animations can be force reset.

1 hour ago, naaitsab said:

So I think it's best to fill aliasses on a quest when a NPC get's equiped devices.

Sorry about quests aliases i don't know anything and how to can eat it)

I have idea. Kimy drop enchantments on items because those don't work in Fallout 4 (from first page description). But i see enchantments in FO4. So maybe better not use a spells but item enchantments?

1 hour ago, Elsidia said:

Sorry about quests aliases i don't know anything and how to can eat it)

I have idea. Kimy drop enchantments on items because those don't work in Fallout 4 (from first page description). But i see enchantments in FO4. So maybe better not use a spells but item enchantments?

The FO4 CK has rubbish documentation. But Skyrim has the same system so you can use that wiki for info.Ā https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Quest_Alias_Tab

Ā 

Spells with a script effect on the player work, but NPC's not reliable. Enchantments also use 'magic effects' so that has the same problem.Ā 

7 hours ago, naaitsab said:

I would suggest not using devices on NPC's at all. They are bugged.

Sound advice to me. Will heed.

Ā 

5 hours ago, Elsidia said:

About that just in my head born insane idea about insane effect. As you know, when any mod call EquipDevice or Removedevice. it calls custom event from DD mod. This even hangs up save and save can take up to 30 minutes in game, depend on mod list andĀ  PC performance. So in your save is write down (bad write because of those events), that yoke spell still equipped on NPC. So when you load a save or fast travel, event oneffectstart starts again, apply yoke variables and because NOC is reset to default outfit and start yoke animation.

As for my test build (i already lose hope, that i will finish it), those events not called, save not hang up and must work fine. Also seems need add more check in effect start if actor have necessary keywords for start this effect. So your bugged save i needs ASAP.

I understand.

I don't think you will get much out of it as it has a 100+ long modlist with various personal tweaks, but I sent it to you.

2 hours ago, naaitsab said:

Enchantments also use 'magic effects' so that has the same problem.Ā 

So best version is drop all spells and magic effects and apply animations, when rendered device equipped using properties from inventory device? This isn't universal, so other mods what made own restraints will stop work, but are the best solution? Will see maybe it's worth to rework.

3 hours ago, Elsidia said:

So best version is drop all spells and magic effects and apply animations, when rendered device equipped using properties from inventory device? This isn't universal, so other mods what made own restraints will stop work, but are the best solution? Will see maybe it's worth to rework.

You could experiment with some things. Instead of building an entire thing just make something that sends a notification so you know it sill works. If you use the rendered devices approach you could see if the 'onequiped' and 'onremoved' events work reliably.

21 minutes ago, Greak said:

I can not find any MCM config files within devious devices. Does it not have a mcm menu anymore or am I stupid?

DD doesn't have an MCM menu Rogg's DD item manager has an MCM that allows you to set preferences on which items can be equipped on you and the chances for them to be selected.

1 hour ago, Oldwolf58 said:

DD doesn't have an MCM menu Rogg's DD item manager has an MCM that allows you to set preferences on which items can be equipped on you and the chances for them to be selected.

Ā 

More specifically, DD 2.0 does not have an MCM (RC8 adds MCM options though).

Hello I'm having an issue with this mod. Some of the outfits either can't be equipped or will be unequipped immediately and the settler will default back to plain clothes. Pink outfits seem to all be unequippable (except for the catsuit), and all gloves and boots seem to cause them to default back to their plain clothes. I built all outfits in Bodyslide and haven't touched them in outfit studio. Is there some sort of injector I'm not seeing in the Mod Config Menu? If it helps, so far I've bought all these items and didn't craft them as I haven't unlocked the perks yet. I also have all the requirements. If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Edited by SissyCeline
12 hours ago, SissyCeline said:

Some of the outfits either can't be equipped or will be unequipped immediately and the settler will default back to pla

DD officially not support NPC equip system and what outfits (names) and what version of DD (DD 2.0 or DD 2.0 RC8)Ā  you use?Ā 

On 7/27/2022 at 10:26 AM, Elsidia said:

Ā what outfits (names) and what version of DD (DD 2.0 or DD 2.0 RC8)Ā  you use?Ā 

I use DD 2.0. I've been looking around this forum for a while, but I'm still not entirely sure what RC8 is. Will that fix my issue.

Ā 

DD officially not support NPC equip system

Is that why it only partially works? Seems strange to me that only some outfits would not work like others do because they have a different color. The readme also states the mod supports NPCs, though it does seem to have been an issue up until this version.

1 hour ago, SissyCeline said:

I've been looking around this forum for a while, but I'm still not entirely sure what RC8 is.

Ā 

Community collaboration to fix bugs and squash in a lot of the ancillary patches which have been floating around for ages:

Ā 

7 hours ago, SissyCeline said:

I use DD 2.0. I've been looking around this forum for a while, but I'm still not entirely sure what RC8 is. Will that fix my issue.

In DD 2.0 some outfits have bug that those have missed on inventory device dummy armor (dresses and visual corset dresses), so those devices can't be put on NPC. In RC8 those are fixed. Also DD 2.0 and RC8 original FO4 engine, when put on some devices like bondage mittens, force reset NPC to default outfit by FO4 original NPC inventory system protect. This feature never fixed in any publish version. NPC doesn't like DD devices as those devices reset their AI. So it's not recommend use on vital NPC's

Ā 

I'm having trouble with the attempt timers. They never go down. Timed lock shield and exhaustion are stuck at 6 hours.

Ā 

However, if I tryĀ droppingĀ the restraints, a copy falls into the world space, the original stays in my inventory, and the timer starts going down. Once I make an attempt, if unsuccessful, the timers lock up again.

Ā 

edit: I'm using RC8.

Edited by NuVanDibe
13 hours ago, NuVanDibe said:

Timed lock shield and exhaustion are stuck at 6 hours.

What restraint stuck on it? - full name or ID

What difficulty level you set? - check DD MCM

What mod puts on this restraint? - full mod name

You try to sleep to go down? it never work - anti sleep cheat system.

When you try drop or drop item to ground - all timers and variables is reset as original Skyrim and Fallout 4 DD variables bug. It not even fixed in Skyrim, where are DD regular updates.

Edited by Elsidia
On 8/5/2022 at 3:27 AM, Elsidia said:

What restraint stuck on it? - full name or ID

What difficulty level you set? - check DD MCM

What mod puts on this restraint? - full mod name

You try to sleep to go down? it never work - anti sleep cheat system.

When you try drop or drop item to ground - all timers and variables is reset as original Skyrim and Fallout 4 DD variables bug. It not even fixed in Skyrim, where are DD regular updates.

Ā 

Vanilla things. Steel Leg Irons, Steel Collar, Steel Wrist Shackles...

Just the default Devious Devices RC8. I put the restraints on myself.

I wait 6, sleep 6 hours, I stand around 6 hours, nothing lets the timer go down.

If I drop an item to the ground, and then either stand around or sleep 6 hours, it lets me try again. Once I do, if I fail, the timer never goes down until it's dropped again. On top of that, the item duplicates, as the original one falls to the ground while the copy stays in my inventory.

12 hours ago, NuVanDibe said:

I wait 6, sleep 6 hours, I stand around 6 hours, nothing lets the timer go down.

If it not work in that way, then probably is damaged DD mod, some outdated patches or mods rewrite scripts, or save is damaged.

But first how works timer.

1) First time when you put device you can't unlock device by key because timer don't allow (random time by 3 - 7 hours for difficulty 4). But you can struggle, picklock or cut. After that starts timer 3 hours for difficulty 4. So if you have timer 6 hours , that means you try to open with key, or difficulty not 4 for escape attempt.Ā  So if you can unlock item without timer, then:Ā  a) you have damaged modĀ  b) this item is old from previous DD and is damaged. Destroy it, and get new. Also to check how it works: start new game and get out of Vault111 - there time not going, because timers is freeze.Ā  And then spawn DD item, put it on and try check how timers work.

2) How works timer itself? It goes down only in two cases - a) naturally pass game time. You must do different things and when hour is gone, timer decreases by hour b) waiting on chair - there no anti-cheat system, so it still works.Ā  If you try sleep, timer not works, as there is anti-cheat system and you can sleep 1000 hours, but still you need 6 hours for unlock.

3) When you try throw item on ground it resets all timers. (DD and Skyrim bug) So if you need 5 hours for escape and try throw it on ground, now you need again 6 hours to unlock. But you can struggle out as this action have no timer and it's reset again.Ā  Also if you can unlock without timer, that can mean, that this item is damaged, because naturally it holds wrong properties on.

Also maybe you have some mod, what manipulate with game time, because DD is confused as it use for timer game time.

That's all what i can say for that.

UPD: there no Steel Leg irons. There is only Silver Steel Leg Irons and i take it as for timer example. If you have Steel Leg irons, it's added from another mod and can be incompatible with DD RC8.

Edited by Elsidia
1 hour ago, izzyknows said:

The Steel Leg irons are from the Strange Body found between Sanctuary & Red Rocket.

Sorry i check DD 2.0 as it's my main account. Ok later will checkĀ  DD 2.0 RC8 on second account)

Edited by Elsidia