Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Elsidia said:

As i understand 3BBB items are with included bounce physics? Then i can lead what is wrong. You need delete from outfit all bones and import 3BBB default body reference. Then copy new bones. This will delete old CBBE bones and apply new 3BBB bones for correct bouncing.

No the physics are fine, the issue is it refuses to form to the body ingame no matter how many adjustments I make it is clipping with the abdomen. Something is broken with the bodyslide file. It also resets as soon as I open bodyslide sometimes, even if it looks fine in Outfit Studio

Edited by Origamiboy
57 minutes ago, Origamiboy said:

the issue is it refuses to form to the body ingame no matter how many adjustments I

Can you post screenshot of it in spoiler?

Also it can be problem:

1) Bodyslide files path is wrong  and result is generated in wrong place. You edit bodyslide file, what not used in current ingame meshes.

2) Still need rework bones as it can do wrong pressure on meshes and will look different as in bodyslide

3) Your outfit studio version isn't compatible with bodyslide files - it can lead to ignore any changes. To fix it need made new outfit studio meshes file and import there old outfit.

First can be checked by saving some outfit with new name delete some part from it, build it in bodyslide and check in game if something changes. If not - you work with wrong outfit or wrong path to output files.

3 hours ago, Elsidia said:

Problem is there, that i can't reproduce a error.  Maybe you have full papirus log when it happens, so i can lead to this to try to reproduce error. Will be nice to post it as file.

In original DD 2.0 was chance of duplicate hidden rendered device in inventory so item needs remove x times where x is rendered device count. I fixed this error by additional check of it. Also i added feature, when item is equipped by script first it check if item can be equipped, then only spawn a item. I can't  figure out how to duplicate now happens. Only reason it can be if this item was already in inventory, then script not use this item, but spawn new. and do additional scripting to be 100% sure that on player equips exactly this new spawned item.

This proved a little more difficult than I expected, I've spent most of the afternoon repeatedly testing until I finally got a confirmation.

I firstly tested using Violate with Rogg DD Items Manager set to 100% for chastity items. After 3 attempts I was not able to reproduce the problem, everything worked perfectly.

I then started testing Sexual Harassment  (SH) which was not such as easy task even with DD items set to 100 in all approaches as the Debug option to force the different approaches only works some of the time. After a number of attempts a Blackmail approach happened (even though I was trying to force a Flirt approach) and I finally was able to reproduce it and thinking about it I suspect that I now know the cause.

Firstly here are the test results, the first spoiler show the before and after inventory and the papyrus log is below

Spoiler

ScreenShot103.jpg.b604c7284d0a4965da4b95f1a02306fa.jpg

ScreenShot104.jpg.0d73dffc7bb81171a7a84443f0dc8c29.jpg

Papyrus.0.log

I'm guessing but I suspect the problem may be caused by this setting in SH

Spoiler

ScreenShot106.jpg.2f1b3e7fdabd6f9cf801fad2e61f6c76.jpg

I'm wondering that after the chastity items are removed for sex, that they are not actually replaced but new items are used instead.

If this is the case then the doubling up is logically correct as a new item has been applied. If this is so and if you agree I'll report it as a bug (or unwanted feature) in the SH thread as it would appear that it may be there that the problems lies rather than with DD

Hope this is of some help

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Slorm said:

If this is the case then the doubling up is logically correct as a new item has been applied.

Yes this is it. DD is framework and keep all restraints in inventory safe as in other way it will be no safe. Say you loot "valuable" DD item from chest and next event triggers and remove this thing) Also if script is triggered with some options (like specific color or settings in vibrate) so it will not know if existing device have this one. Because it's just duplicate a item, if item was in inventory. As for SH i recommend remember device form and settings before remove and in remove process use option in removedevice property DestroyDevice=true - it will automatically delete this device. If SH use this property and device not removed - it is bug in DD - then report it back and I will test and fix it.

UPD: Ok i can try add new option like in Skyrim in MCM - keep in inventory only one device - so in that case before apply new device it will delete all others - it's simple.

Edited by Elsidia
55 minutes ago, Who_amitojudge said:

Whenever i open up my save, it states i don´t have FO4SE, while in fact i have the newest version installed. Is this due to the NextGen Update braking stuff again?
I have the RC9 Beta 2 Hotfix currenty insatlled.

that's because it's not updated for the next gen stuff.

I'm guessing it won't be updated for 6 months after next gen
But I can't speak for the mod author.

On 5/15/2024 at 7:16 AM, Elsidia said:

Only one page (now two page) before are my post with links: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/?do=findComment&comment=4365641

In this page (now previous) is post https://www.loverslab.com/topic/73925-devious-devices/?do=findComment&comment=4373240 RC9 link - blue part.

You sent me to a page, that left me to another page. Not even ChatGPT decrypting this message could figure out what's going on in that post. 

image.thumb.png.b1a81c645cce1051ec7cfa9603eab872.png

4 hours ago, ThisNameHasntBeenTaken said:

You sent me to a page, that left me to another page. Not even ChatGPT decrypting this message could figure out what's going on in that post. 

Then maybe use something a bit, or in this case a lot smarter than chatgpt.

Finding the RC9 link isn't rocket science.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Then maybe use something a bit, or in this case a lot smarter than chatgpt.

Finding the RC9 link isn't rocket science.

Oh? Thank you for that help, it has fully helped me with this, I found the errors of my ways, everything is working so well, thank you so much for your assistance with your kind words. (really?)

Edited by ThisNameHasntBeenTaken
1 hour ago, ThisNameHasntBeenTaken said:

Oh? Thank you for that help, it has fully helped me with this, I found the errors of my ways, everything is working so well, thank you so much for your assistance with your kind words. 

You're welcome! :)

17 hours ago, Who_amitojudge said:

Whenever i open up my save, it states i don´t have FO4SE, while in fact i have the newest version installed.

Official FO4SE 

The 2024-04-25 Fallout 4 update (1.10.980 and later) has broken F4SE and the rest of the native code modding scene similarly to Skyrim's "Anniversary Edition" patch. An update is available, but I'm sure it can use more testing. All native code plugins (.dlls) need to be updated by their creators for 1.10.980. Old native code plugins not loading is not a problem with F4SE. Do not email with questions about progress. Nexus thread.

I'm not plan update Fallout 4 to latest version and use stable version 1.10.163 as it have stable version of FO4SE.

I'm tired from Bethesda and also due to some SSD problem i have problem with update Fallout 4 and not loose my work.

Now return to Yours problem

DD 2.0 RC9 use standard FO4SE scripts and standard check of compatibility. DD 2.0 RC9 doesn't have dll, so it will work fine with latest Fallout 4 and latest FO4SE (experimental) unless if FO4SE change own functions to others.

So from DD 2.0 RC9 side will be all fine.

If You still see "Your F4SE version is old and some of DD functions will not run properly!" in big menu - it's from DD 2.0 RC9 and that means:

1) Your FO4SE not run correctly with your version of Fallout 4 or FO4SE version not match with your Fallout 4 version.

2) New FO4SE functions not work properly with old version of FO4SE. In that case i don't know what to do.

If you see any other warning - that means that this is done by other mod and this mod not compatible with new Fallout 4.

As additional care You can post here screenshot of warning about FO4SE.

3 hours ago, Elsidia said:

Official FO4SE 

I'm not plan update Fallout 4 to latest version and use stable version 1.10.163 as it have stable version of FO4SE.

I'm tired from Bethesda and also due to some SSD problem i have problem with update Fallout 4 and not loose my work.

Now return to Yours problem

DD 2.0 RC9 use standard FO4SE scripts and standard check of compatibility. DD 2.0 RC9 doesn't have dll, so it will work fine with latest Fallout 4 and latest FO4SE (experimental) unless if FO4SE change own functions to others.

So from DD 2.0 RC9 side will be all fine.

If You still see "Your F4SE version is old and some of DD functions will not run properly!" in big menu - it's from DD 2.0 RC9 and that means:

1) Your FO4SE not run correctly with your version of Fallout 4 or FO4SE version not match with your Fallout 4 version.

2) New FO4SE functions not work properly with old version of FO4SE. In that case i don't know what to do.

If you see any other warning - that means that this is done by other mod and this mod not compatible with new Fallout 4.

As additional care You can post here screenshot of warning about FO4SE.

Well, thanks for your insight in how DD is scripted. Turns out, i am a big dumb dumb and can´t properly read / comprehend what i just read.

While i did in fact have FO4SE installed i still managed to circumvent it and start the game without it.🤦‍♂️

Everything seems to work now.

16 minutes ago, Who_amitojudge said:

i am a big dumb dumb and can´t properly read / comprehend what i just read.

Sometimes I have to read Elsidia's posts a couple times to get it. English is obviously not his first language, but reading it like a teacher correcting a students home works for me. LOL

But basically, IF your game updated, roll it back and block future Steam updates. Nexus even has tools to do it for you.

Oh, and remove the vanilla Fallout 4 shortcut, if you made one, and make one pointing to the f4se_loader.exe. That way you'll never launch via the vanilla launcher and accidentally update the game.

Hey, might be a bit out of the scope of the usual fare, but how do you go about adding Ballistic Weave mods and Legendary mods to DD items? I've been looking up tutorials and copying what they do, but the weave isn't appearing in game and I'm just stumped.

On 5/17/2024 at 1:27 PM, ThisNameHasntBeenTaken said:

Oh? Thank you for that help, it has fully helped me with this, I found the errors of my ways, everything is working so well, thank you so much for your assistance with your kind words. (really?)

Don't be rude. A LOT of work went into making these mods and the authors don't need shit for it, they should be treated with the respect they deserve. You figured out the blue text was a link in the post and were linked to the RC9 so just download it and stop being a twat? CTR + F and search RC if your browser isn't loading the right place (which is on YOU not others). 

If you're still stuck say "sorry I'm an idiot, can you help me <insert problem here>?". The RC isn't made by the original mod author so it's not on the mod page but you were linked to what that mod page would look like and are still giving shit for what reason? 

FWIW Elsidia it would be really cool to see you post the mod as a redux even, it would help players track updates and may help you not have to deal with constant link requests and sort through support here for the original vs your mod. Appreciate the hard work, thank you :D.

2 minutes ago, Dont Tell My Parents said:

FWIW Elsidia it would be really cool to see you post the mod as a redux even, it would help players track updates and may help you not have to deal with constant link requests and sort through support here for the original vs your mod. Appreciate the hard work, thank you :D.

That is a REALLY good idea!!!

Devious Devices Update Project WIP (Totally not a link! But should be)

In Scriptname DD:DD_TentacleDevice extends DD:DD_RestraintScript

This doesn't work if you have a custom special cream. Seems like the default special cream is hard coded somewhere

Bool Function HasRemovalPaste()
	if libs.Player.GetItemCount(c_Acid_scrap) >= 5 && libs.Player.GetItemCount(c_Antiseptic_scrap) >= 5 && libs.Player.GetItemCount(c_Oil_scrap) >= 1
		return true
	else
		return false
	endif
EndFunction

Message Property DD_Device_ParasiteMSG Auto
Message Property DD_Device_ParasiteWornMSG Auto 
Message Property DD_EscapeParasiteMSG Auto
Message Property DD_RemoveParasiteMSG Auto

MiscObject Property c_Acid_scrap Auto 
MiscObject Property c_Antiseptic_scrap Auto 
MiscObject Property c_Oil_scrap Auto
MiscObject Property DD_Special_Cream Auto

Suggested Change

Bool Function HasRemovalPaste()
	Return (libs.Player.GetItemCount(c_Acid_scrap) >= 5 && libs.Player.GetItemCount(c_Antiseptic_scrap) >= 5 && libs.Player.GetItemCount(c_Oil_scrap) >= 1) || libs.Player.GetItemCount(DD_Special_Cream) >= 1
EndFunction

Is there a way to force unequip a device?

I've made a few devices that are an extension of a main device.

1. These supplemental devices must have the main device equipped to be equipped
  2. They cannot be removed with the the main device equipped.

When the main device is unequipped the supplemental devices should be removed with it. I have  while loop with the main device at index 0 of the array. That unequips but the rest do not.

Int iArmorIdx = 0
  while( iArmorIdx < DD_TentacleMonster.Length )
    Int  iSanity  = 5
    Bool bSuccess = False
    ; Hit it with s hammer 5 times?
    while( !bSuccess && iSanity > 0 )
      iSanity -= 1
      ; CheckDependencies = False does nothing. forced true w/in RemoveDevice()
      bSuccess = Tools.libs.RemoveDevice( akActor, DD_TentacleMonster[ iArmorIdx ], DestroyDevice = True )
      Utility.Wait( 0.25 )
    endWhile
    iArmorIdx += 1
  endWhile

27 minutes ago, jbezorg said:

Is there a way to force unequip a device?

I've made a few devices that are an extension of a main device.

1. These supplemental devices must have the main device equipped to be equipped
  2. They cannot be removed with the the main device equipped.

When the main device is unequipped the supplemental devices should be removed with it. I have  while loop with the main device at index 0 of the array. That unequips but the rest do not.

Int iArmorIdx = 0
  while( iArmorIdx < DD_TentacleMonster.Length )
    Int  iSanity  = 5
    Bool bSuccess = False
    ; Hit it with s hammer 5 times?
    while( !bSuccess && iSanity > 0 )
      iSanity -= 1
      ; CheckDependencies = False does nothing. forced true w/in RemoveDevice()
      bSuccess = Tools.libs.RemoveDevice( akActor, DD_TentacleMonster[ iArmorIdx ], DestroyDevice = True )
      Utility.Wait( 0.25 )
    endWhile
    iArmorIdx += 1
  endWhile

D'oh!

The first item removed is has the script that's removing the items 🤦‍♂️

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Dont Tell My Parents said:

If you're still stuck say "sorry I'm an idiot, can you help me <insert problem here>?". The RC isn't made by the original mod author so it's not on the mod page but you were linked to what that mod page would look like and are still giving shit for what reason? 

Who's being rude now?

I asked for help and received the response I expected: "It doesn't take a rocket scientist to find it."

I had already figured out what I needed before they replied, anyway.

To be fair, this is why there aren't many mods here. It's not because we’re expected to find each mod manually—despite possibly having over 100 different mods from this site—but because we’re expected to go through each one individually, monitor for any new posts, and read every single thread to ensure we have the most up-to-date version of every mod, manually.

If that’s what you enjoy doing, no judgment here. Do what you want; I fully support you and your decision. But some of us actually like playing the games.

Edited by ThisNameHasntBeenTaken