9 hours ago, Patriguz said:

from Zauma

I did a search but the 'original' download site (ohmysims.net) is blocked by my anti-virus for the 'Blacklist malware'.

No problem - continued searching brings me to my Russian friends whom never cease to amaze me . . . . 

https://love-sims.ru/the-sims3/odezhda-dlya-sims-3/1478-odezhda-ot-zauma.html

I never knew this outfit existed - now I have the download and will get her into it right away.

Thank you so much @Patriguz You are a Sims 3 CC machine!

1 hour ago, landess said:

this outfit

Well, I spoke too soon. I never understood how some of these outfits ever looked 'good'. Can a patch change enough that an outfit's seams go bonkers? I can look past interior textures not being used so an outfit looks invisible when seen from the inside when the angle is just right. But to completely change the shape of a sim so almost NOTHING else works with it blows my mind.

By using EA default shoes, I was able to get the leg/foot seam to match up pretty well. But the neck/head seam is a mess. The upper torso has moved the location of the arms and hands so accessories are out of place. The legs themselves have that vertical seam where the front and back meet and the knees are a mess as well. This is without getting into the color and shading of the outfit. The top is colored well enough, but the bottom doesn't match. No way to really change the color, and the alternate outfit 'coloring' doesn't even look like the original style. I didn't bother taking it into the game to see if the colors or shading looked better in game than in CAS - but given the mesh is a mess, I didn't really care.

If @LadySmoks wanted to take a look - that would be cool, but probably more of a headache waiting to happen. She went from Babydoll to a linebacker with some pretty malfunctioning features.

Spoiler

Screenshot-389.jpg.4fec6e6362765223a6dd8e9fa073b98c.jpgScreenshot-390.jpg.736927b18a32f3c4e8a3ecf6d67287b3.jpg

I got way too excited too fast. Another lesson learned.

Thought I better end this on a positive note: One of my all time favorite 'fight' scenes . . . . . .

Not sure what mesh I have in the TS4 top. Looks like just af nude or bikini top? Not going to bother with it. The TS3 has bone weighting that I don't know could ever work, and was surprised my Blender imported as geom. I started cleaning up the skirt. Stray vertices and other weird stuff from a bad seam split. It has happened to me, but I usually eventually catch it. I will remake it solid, but will take a while. The top is a heavy mesh, Also crazy bones! I think I can fix it, but again... a while. ((( A pretty mesh though!

8 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Not sure what mesh I have in the TS4 top. Looks like just af nude or bikini top? Not going to bother with it. The TS3 has bone weighting that I don't know could ever work, and was surprised my Blender imported as geom. I started cleaning up the skirt. Stray vertices and other weird stuff from a bad seam split. It has happened to me, but I usually eventually catch it. I will remake it solid, but will take a while. The top is a heavy mesh, Also crazy bones! I think I can fix it, but again... a while. ((( A pretty mesh though!

Like I said - a headache. I was impressed with the detail, but not the execution. It's why I mentioned how did it 'ever' look good (enough to share) with it's inherent flaws? I appreciate you taking a look, but don't sweat it - If you do, you do, if you don't - no expectations!

32 minutes ago, Patriguz said:

I am sorry that the CC did not live up to expectations. :'(

Please don't take it personal or anything like that at all. What I said stands. You have an uncanny ability to reference CC. If there was a competition, I'd put my money on you.

I made a post others would read which eventually lead to the finding and a link from me to show where to get this iconic outfit. Since IT is not what I expected, I wanted to be sure others knew up front before downloading and wondering why it looked as it does.

The entire creation is just odd, thinking back as I had my sleep and the sticker shock has passed. Maybe LadySmoks will be able to work magic, but I want her to feel NO PRESSURE to do so. It's not like she was waiting around for something to do. As it sits now, it just feels like a shame given the promise of what appears to be a quality piece of CC.

2 hours ago, landess said:

good (enough to share)

Perhaps some creators think along lines of characters having one body type and morphs do not matter?  I obsess over morphs and bones, more now than when I began, as I learn and understand more. FemmeBots give me freedom from morphs, but still not bones.

Understand that the detail you like will blow apart and distort terribly, especially on fat morphs. The tool is great, and can not make garments without it, but even Cmar said it has limits. It moves vertices from point A to point B, based on the refence of usually a similar EA mesh that has morphs. Problem is that EA mesh has perhaps 2,500 vertices that move from point A to B. Custom mesh has perhaps 7,000 vertices! And none are in the exact same starting place as EA... so the tool takes a best guess using the program. 

@JoshQ taught me that I need to change the morphs into objects, return to Blender and move every misaligned vertices to where it should go. Very tedious!

Also is bone weight. It is my common enemy with open clothing. A body inside of the garment that is seen from many angles. They are 2 separate meshes, but must move and morph together. PITA!

Last thing I can think is some small parts that perhaps you do not want to morph, but must move with a body part that does morph.  It looks like all of these things were tried, and simply not success.

2 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

characters having one body type and morphs do not matter

Still when seams are so far off, it looks like when one puts a female outfit on a male or a male outfit on a female as I look at those neck seams. I've seen plenty of CC that moves the arms in or out some, but things like 'fake nails' still align correctly. Here they are almost floating in space. It's these things that makes me wonder. This doesn't even mention the 'fat' ankles that only align with default EA shoes or the strange protrusions at the knees. I've seen the mismatch vertical texture inner (and outer) leg seams many times though.

@landess, from just the quick look I took, everything you mention has to do with messed up bone weights. I only looked at a few on the top. The neck was wrong, so the weight will pull vertices in ways not intended. Boobs are important at LL. The vest was almost all red (full weight) attached to spine 1. The boobs which are a separate mesh, had almost no weight, which means they don't work with sliders and are stagnant. Forget details of the pelvis and spine 0 which are the waist/ hips, but the top and bottom meshes didn't align at all.

None are major issues by themselves, just the combination, plus the see thru backing, takes time to sort out. ))) AND... a little more time to make sure inner and outer meshes work together, AND that certain parts of the mesh don't explode. Things I continue to learn more about and get better at doing... but not perfect at.

2 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

the top and bottom meshes didn't align at all.

There was something freaky about the skirt when the Sim moved as the 'belt' is on a totally different pivot point than the skirt itself. So in CAS when the Sim moves a little shifting it's weight around a little - the 'disconnect' between those 2 bottom parts is not natural to the eye.

When all is said and done though - I still ask myself how did the original creator have success in using that top and bottom? 

49 minutes ago, landess said:

'belt' is on a totally different pivot point than the skirt itself

Bone weights. Blah blah blah blah... words...

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........... PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We know what they are worth! )))

Pelivis NO!

1313320311_pelvisno.PNG.78aacd90ca7952f662a4d44d551e0355.PNG

Spoiler

Pelvis YES!

1335259032_pelvisyes.PNG.8d91217b45b12e908121c8b06793886a.PNG

I started cleaning the meshes. The top is heavy, 351 kb, 4700 vertices, without back side to stop see thru. So, I cut out the skin as the waist didn't match anyway, and will make it into a 2 group mesh when I get to that part. For now, fixing vertices and contouring it to a TS3 nude af top. Then solidify the mesh (a back side where needed)... THEN, worry about bones and bone weights and the small parts not exploding during morphs. )))

Pretty much the same for the bottom. I cut out the legs and am just working on the skirt/ belt. I have it solid and will start looking at bones later.

This is probably a game mesh or other mesh from somewhere, as things I found make me believe so. It even appears the skirt was solid, and the back side removed. Not sure. The sleeves had to be moved to fit TS3 arms, and the chest moved to align to a TS3 af chest.

1.PNG.cb514ed0f0615858cd03cd12ff2811d2.PNG

5 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

other mesh from somewhere

Looking at my Skyrim screenshot makes me wonder if that was the source?

I know there are CC hairs for BOTH games (the Sims and the 2 Bethesda games Skyrim/Fallout) which have the EXACT same hairs - and I mean a LOT of them.

More Babydoll fun

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

@landess, you remember where you got that red dress? It may hold the bone answer to the sarong I'm still having problems with if I take it apart in Blender!

AS ALWAYS PEOPLE - Have the Universal Bypass app for your browser handy in case the only download option takes one to AdFly.

https://venusprincess-ts3.tumblr.com/tagged/female outfits

https://venusprincess.wixsite.com/venusprincess/product-page/female-jenna-dress <

1766332226_VenusPrincessSexyeveningdress.png.2d4ec86a0c005be7e7d549425927688e.png

You might like this as well:

https://venusprincess.wixsite.com/venusprincess/product-page/af-cassie-dress

578973304_VenusPrincessSexyeveningdress2.png.2b5db33568d3544c51d15d8e403cad96.png

Surprisingly, both reference Dailycard. If that is indeed our awesome Sims 3 car maker - then it's a small world after all  :) 

23 minutes ago, landess said:

AS ALWAYS PEOPLE - Have the Universal Bypass app for your browser handy in case the only download option takes one to AdFly.

HAHA! I posted the link to get the bypass on my help page! )))

I kind of thought this looked like VP's work. Thank you! I have a feeling it follows the legs, which I already do, but am hoping she mastered a better "flowing effect" than I have done. If so, I can transfer the bones.

Thank you!!!

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, with Sims 3 and 4 it is not a collision based animation - they are fixed. So, interactions between objects is fixed.  If the object is scaled - it won't fit the animation. 

The Objectbox with Sims 3 prevents protrusions outside the box unless all object edges are within the box - or you get distortions.  The resolution is also very low and Armatures are bulky without the ability to add more or scale them for standard creation.  Makes for a really bad penis on the Sims 3. There are a few fair ones - really good considering it's for Sims 3...  but, they don't have the detail or realism you look for, nor do they have an automatic scaler or collision adjustment for their animations. Not that I've found. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm curious if anyone has tried using this world?

https://noiranddarksims.blogspot.com/2016/09/ts3-tokyo-town-beta.html

01.png

Wanting to make a Japanese themed world with all the 'goodness' that could entail.

I also grabbed this as well - proper theme . . . .

https://modthesims.info/d/601993

1727072.largethumb.jpg

>>> The reason I bring it up is this world 'may' have a large amount of empty lots besides no population, and it's made before the game was patched to the final 1.67/1.69

14 hours ago, landess said:

>>> The reason I bring it up is this world 'may' have a large amount of empty lots besides no population, and it's made before the game was patched to the final 1.67/1.69

HAHA! YOU grabbed it because the nightclub looks like it can easily be turned into a strip club! ?

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, wutpickel said:

Thanks, i will check on the feet. I assumed that because the game is soo old, its perhaps what it is.

Regarding the brothel, i switched the character in the world edit mode but by doing it that way, everything was lost. My sim got a job within minutes and, oh well that did not work out. So i have to try to switch another way. Thanks though.

I think most people like to play as a brothel owner which may be a interesting play as well.

Drugs do have an impact, definitely. I haven't explored it that much yet. Thanks again

Sims 3 KW has another aspect that is absent in Sims 4. Groping. Not that this in any way great but it adds realism to the kinky way of play.

But i have to get into building worlds as well. I would love to make an area with rundown buildings etc..  So i also need to create some sims that i can place in the game to reflect the vibe of that area.

Sims 2 and 3 seems to have more in that regard than Sims 4.

Rundown buildings . . .

Woeford (among others) from here:   https://simsmidgen.tumblr.com/tagged/downloads

Roseward from here:   https://nigalkins.tumblr.com/post/53044175608/roseward-a-zombie-apocalypse-world-by

Concerning switching households:  While using Edit town is the EA default way, NRaas Master Controller allows switching Sims by clicking on a Sim and selecting 'Make Active', and NRaas also offers a plug-in called 'Selector', which in it's default state allows switching Sims simply by 'right clicking' on them - I had to disable that as I would accidentally switch households. (Do you pause the game when making changes?) 

Edited by landess
Extra Info
25 minutes ago, landess said:

Rundown buildings . . .

Woeford (among others) from here:   https://simsmidgen.tumblr.com/tagged/downloads

Roseward from here:   https://nigalkins.tumblr.com/post/53044175608/roseward-a-zombie-apocalypse-world-by

Concerning switching households:  While using Edit town is the EA default way, NRaas Master Controller allows switching Sims by clicking on a Sim and selecting 'Make Active', and NRaas also offers a plug-in called 'Selector', which in it's default state allows switching Sims simply by 'right clicking' on them - I had to disable that as I would accidentally switch households. (Do you pause the game when making changes?) 

Thanks for sharing.

Well, in the beginning i did not pause. Later i did. Though i discovered that what ever i did before, was just gone. Memory, etc..

So i think this is not the best method in this case. I will try using the "Make Active" switch in Nraas. I did not do that before. Its probably easier anyway.

• 4 weeks later...