9 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

Not following what you are trying to find? You must have missed this, as it looks almost identical to your picture...   

It's 'close' yes, in fact it may be better to try and use a 'paint-on' outfit instead of one with raised mesh as it might interact oddly with a pair of shorts - IF - I can get the game to recognize it as a top instead of a full 'outfit'. 

2 hours ago, landess said:

IF - I can get the game to recognize it as a top instead of a full 'outfit'.

Don't think that will work. Outfits have a full body mesh, and shorts would have a bottom mesh, so you would have two meshes clashing. If not perfectly aligned, they will both show and create a very strange look. I do think I better understand what you are wishing to do, and it can be done. I just did it in reverse for 2B. I made 2 bottoms, one with skirt and one without. The texture for the panties extends up and shows on a nude top. 

Perhaps PM cshenrich and ask if he will apply the texture to just a top?

2 hours ago, landess said:

- IF - I can get the game to recognize it as a top instead of a full 'outfit'

If both textures (bikini bottom and shorts) coincide in the same spot on the UV map they will interfere with each other, if they don’t then it would be possible to change the category from ‘Body’ to ‘Top’ using s3pe, tsrw and maybe also ctu.

Also you could just extract the textures and “snip” them in half and then clone a bikini top or accessory gloves and replace their respective textures.

9 minutes ago, landess said:

Yeah, guess I was hoping for this concept - except with a slingshot v-thong microkini.

Looks like the bottom part is just a texture, in that case you can convert it to a tong by editing the alpha channel

@landess

here is a try to convert the outfit into a top.

It will works with bottom parts that have their own mesh.

It doesn't work with original EA clothing lower body parts and items that only have the "nude" mesh as a base.

In this case the most pants doesn't work correctly.

Maybe there is an option to bring the upper body part one level lower, but I don't know where this can be realised. Maybe JoshQ has an idea how to make it.

Another option is to convert the outfit to accesory socks. I will try it and give you a feedbck wheather it works.

2020-10-16 13_26_55-Die Sims™ 3 Into the Future.png

2020-10-16 13_27_48-Die Sims™ 3 Into the Future.png

2020-10-16 13_28_44-Die Sims™ 3 Into the Future.png

2020-10-16 13_29_17-Die Sims™ 3 Into the Future.png

2020-10-16 13_29_52-Die Sims™ 3 Into the Future.png

2020-10-16 13_30_55-Die Sims™ 3 Into the Future.png

2020-10-16 13_34_15-Die Sims™ 3 Into the Future.png

csh black onyx bungie top.package

3 hours ago, cshenrich said:

It will works with bottom parts that have their own mesh.

10 hours ago, JoshQ said:

Looks like the bottom part is just a texture, in that case you can convert it to a tong by editing the alpha channel

11 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Perhaps PM cshenrich and ask if he will apply the texture to just a top?

Thanks to all: This ended up a lot closer than I would've though possible. It's difficult enough trying to turn reality into Simality - But this is pretty fuckin' good!

1077422766_Lexiteenikini.png.5434e95ffe58c87d41ce958046192897.png222945704_S3Lexiteenikini.png.75c1dcb6a167ad0bea106706d4df1b03.png

@cshenrich Be sure to release these as their own downloads in case (likely) others don't see them here....  Items like this can have specific uses which others like myself will be grateful for!

@LadySmoks Your 'unreleased' Tippy-tops look just fine with this too - the leggings easily cover the micro - seam present at this time.

3 hours ago, This4Sims3 said:

WCIF a dirty feet mod for Sims 3, compatible with Bloom's sexy feet (female feet)?

Only mod I could find was for Sims 4. 

Looks like a pair of 'transparent' socks with a single recolorable pattern/channel would work - but perhaps best if you could show an example of the exact concept of 'dirty feet' your thinking of (recolorable could easily change dirt to 'semen'/blood). Socks/stockings cover the blooms feet without too much problem in my experience.

Spoiler

post-769343-0-23886800-1500163210_thumb.jpg

Thought I'd toss a link here for some more - hairs:  http://paintmekatty.blogspot.com/p/retextures.html

11 hours ago, JoshQ said:

change the category from ‘Body’ to ‘Top’ using s3pe

For this, in s3pe, there is also a setting for "Overlay Priority". It can be changed so the part you want as a top can be a lower number than bottoms, and so bottoms will show over the top... UNLESS, the top has a 3d mesh which is not directly an overlay on a basic swimsuit, bra/ nude body. Category can also be changed in s3pe.

3 hours ago, cshenrich said:

Now I have converted the outfit to accessory socks.

Didn't think about accessory, but knew things could be changed to make it work. I was not going to alter your very recent upload, and that is why I suggested landess ask you directly. You seem like a very understanding person in that respect. )

42 minutes ago, landess said:

seam present at this time.

As I'm slowly settling in to the new laptop, I hope to be back finishing some projects very soon. I have a super shiny catsuit, and remake of the stiletto boots in super shiny to match, that looked good on the new laptop, so probably those first.

51 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

super shiny catsuit

I don't know how channels function but I do know one of the skins that come with a Sim offered by that download I've linked a couple times from here at LL includes a shiny/sweaty/oily look that truly creates a shine that moves across the mesh as the camera and light sources move.

The reason I bring it up is for some odd reason, this 'shine effect' will layer on top of anything worn. It would appear this is a particularly effective application of the mechanic, although one could argue it was implemented 'wrong', still, the effect itself is well done, and could be studied/copied to produce as realistic a 'shiny' effect as possible. You may already be doing this, but if having any issues may look at this from a perspective of 'creativity'.

Spoiler

Screenshot-766.jpg.c32b2c71d477967d406d664ee79ab03c.jpg

If one looks closely at the sim to the far right - you can see this shine not only on her face and left arm, but on the right leg/thigh of her jeans as well.

13 minutes ago, landess said:

one of the skins

Very different. Basic skins, and clothes shine is mostly done by a manipulation of the specular map, and I have done this on some items. For this new project, I used the Plumbot skin shader on the garment, so it's actually a 2 piece mesh... otherwise, the sim's skin would also look like a Plumbot. My "liquid latex" stuff is Plumbot shader... which then the level of shine is tuned, again, by what is done with the specular map. Darker specular = less shine, lighter = more shine, white or almost white = Plumbot shine. The boots I made to match the outfit are basically the same stiletto heel boots, but I went full monty on the specular, so the whole thing looks like polished metal. ))) Preview... aka the big naughty tease!!!!

Cover.png.29722d7b12e5c14d164e2b6053ff8843.png

Ooooooooo... SHINY!!!!!!!!!

As you can see, the suit is so shiny that it is reflecting the pink background!!! Maybe will be done this weekend!!!

@landess

Be sure to release these as their own downloads in case (likely) others don't see them here....  Items like this can have specific uses which others like myself will be grateful for!

No, I don't want to upload an item that I made as a request.

I'm allways open to get requests to make a special item ( for example I made a German SS soldier Uniform as I requested to do this, and there are some other outfits, I made when I was asked if I could make that. Regardless of whether it is a new user or an old hand).

There are a lot of outfits, that I had created for one person only.

BTW. can someone tell me how to use the quote function?

@LadySmoks

I really want to have your new outfit in my game. I can't wait to see the result :)

35 minutes ago, cshenrich said:

BTW. can someone tell me how to use the quote function?

Right click and drag the mouse along what you wish to quote. It will be blue, and a box appears that says quote. Just click that and the part you highlighted will appear in the box at the bottom of the page. There are other ways, but that is what I do.

I learned to avoid requests from JoshQ's example. Also, I generally make things I want to have for my game, and when I think they turned out good, I share them. Not all turn out as planned. ((( I have folder after folder of FAILS! ))) Also, there needs to be motivation for a project. Either something you want to make, either for yourself or as a personal challenge, or being paid for it. We aren't on Patreon, soooooooo..... ))))))

Getting everything to work as I want (and need) with the new laptop, and still using the this one for projects has been an incredible PITA!!! But, I'm setting up my game to take Laura (my model) on an exotic vacation and finish that outfit!

19 hours ago, landess said:

Looks like a pair of 'transparent' socks with a single recolorable pattern/channel would work - but perhaps best if you could show an example of the exact concept of 'dirty feet' your thinking of (recolorable could easily change dirt to 'semen'/blood). Socks/stockings cover the blooms feet without too much problem in my experience.

I was thinking along the lines of this mod:

SC4-143637_MAIN.jpg?w=670&ssl=1

Or similar to this picture:

image.png.674ab9d08b3fca0e14672e7baccfd17b.png

I would be more than willing to learn how to make this sock texture. Is the tsrworkshop a good tool to use?

4 hours ago, This4Sims3 said:

willing to learn how to make this sock texture. Is the tsrworkshop a good tool to use?

In TSRW look for nude Shoe. This is the foot without any shoe mesh... a bare foot.

You will not need to make or change  a mesh - just change or make the graphic images for Color Mask, and multiplier.  Basically you are applying a shadow mask over the bare Foot (nude shoe). You need to be fairly good at using "fade to Transparent" and have initial opacity for the areas of the multiplier you do paint set at about 20-30%.

The Skin color selected in game needs to show through. Applying a "Dirt" to skin textures is touchy with opacities but, is fairly quick and easy to do. 

I should warn you that when you paint directly onto the skin it acts as an overlay on the Skin.  It is touchy to get the opacity of that "Dirt" just right so the natural base skin color still show properly. 

18 minutes ago, crimhead said:

has anyone ever made a c-string for TS3?

So mush LESS work to a c-string.   Even if made with a mesh - it's just a triangle in the front with part of a wedgie...  at the butt.   A great project for someone just starting to do Mesh work. 

789914692_mensc-stringexample1.png.f6aa326aafe974fe5bb6f75292c372c7.png1821497025_womensc-stringexample1.png.c1e089aa1fe7d11af00f37ab94fe59e8.png

Mens C-String (side slide)                                      Womens C-String 

On 10/17/2020 at 6:38 AM, This4Sims3 said:

I would be more than willing to learn how to make this sock texture.

On 10/17/2020 at 11:09 AM, Non-sequitur said:

In TSRW look for nude Shoe

Don't think that will work. Nude anything has no textures to replace. The basic socks are the best bet. As I recently was able to get CTU working again, needed a new direct-x update, THAT might be a better tool than TSRW, as you can see the texture in the 3d view. Accessory overlays don't show in TSRW, which means guess, put it in your game, load it, see it, then do it all again.

On 10/20/2020 at 11:23 AM, crimhead said:
On 10/20/2020 at 11:53 AM, Non-sequitur said:

A great project for someone just starting to do Mesh work.

Or just a simple multiplier on a bottom mesh in TSRW?

1 hour ago, Non-sequitur said:

Thought it was a response to a someone wanting to make a "Dirty Foot" for some reason.  

I made two separate posts for the two separate questions. ))) The dirty feet, using nude feet in TSRW won't show a multiplier to manipulate, but accessory socks will. Only recently got CTU working again, and not sure, but I think it can be done with nude feet there?

2 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

TSRW won't show a multiplier to manipulate

Hmmm interesting. I never tried to add anything to any of the 4 image slots available for the nude shoe.  I would assume the 4 slots are similar to the usual Overlay, Color, Multiplier, and Specular. So the 3rd slot down is the multiplier.  I always just grabbed the mesh to use as a template or base to start from.  This gives the UV Map from which you can make the "dirt" image overlay or shading, or you can use a skin as a base to start from. - shade it, then remove the skin.

You could make it as part of a skin as well - which I think would be great but, not as flexible as being able to apply it as an accessory or shoe to any skin. When making a Skin you have the option of also adding several overlays.

I just tested the af Nude Shoe - the empty image slots do act as the usual Overlay, Color Mask, Multiplier, and Specular. They can also be used additively.  Just make your image (1024x1024 - same as skin or standard EA Garment), then select the image slot, select EDIT and load/import your image for testing.