Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

On 15/05/2018 at 9:36 PM, Kimy said:

- New struggle animations will now be used by appropriate devices.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but would this not return nothing for items with only 1 struggle animation?

Source: zadEquipScript.psc, line 1381

int len = struggleArray.length - 1
If len < 1 
	return
EndIf

2 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but would this not return nothing for items with only 1 struggle animation?

Source: zadEquipScript.psc, line 1381

int len = struggleArray.length - 1
If len < 1 
	return
EndIf

No, you're right and I am stupid. :smiley:

Weird bug: I equipped an armbinder and as my toon was trying to walk forward, her arms came out of the armbinder into the yoke pose, then immediately moved diagonally backwards as if she had the pet suit on. I dunno what's going on there, but it wasn't like that until I installed the latest version of the DDI/DDX beta.

Just now, HappySocks said:

Hello :smile:

I don't know if this is appropriate topic for suggestion, but there is this amazing mod named SexLab Separate Orgasmi (SLSO - https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3736-sexlab-separate-orgasm/) which allows for edging and arousal play in-game. It can be used to still stay aroused after sex, so there are nice possibilities with aroused based devices or settings. 

There is one problem. It is very likely that SLSO is conflicting with DD mods so it is not really working when using them together. Is there any way for you to look at it? There is nice explanation on mod page and creator of this mod is really trying to help others, so with some cooperation creating compatibility patch shouldn't be a problem. :smiley: 

SLSO changes a base Sexlab function (the orgasm event) which means it is often incompatible with mods that depend on that event.  This includes mods like inflation frameworks or mods that rely on detecting the orgasm event to trigger an event or feature.  A *lot* of those mods require at least a patch to work with SLSO, and are simply not compatible without it.

I think you may need to be much more specific however, as I don't know if the base DD Framework does anything with that event by themselves.  "DD Mods" is a huge umbrella of different modder's works, and this thread is just for the main 3 framework mods DDA/DDI/DDX.  If you are having trouble with a specific mod, you'd want to identify it and find that mod's specific support thread to check if someone has made a SLSO patch.

Are there any plans to convert some of the nice new rope bindings from ZAP 8+ as DDX items? Just like you did with Heretical's great items? Imho they would add an additional great product line to the awesome ever growing DD item family :smile:

12 hours ago, xboronx said:

Are there any plans to convert some of the nice new rope bindings from ZAP 8+ as DDX items? Just like you did with Heretical's great items? Imho they would add an additional great product line to the awesome ever growing DD item family :smile:

While I don't know if there's plans to use the zap8 ones, they have recently added rope versions of some of the already existing bindings.

13 hours ago, xboronx said:

Heretical joined forces with the DD team back then, so we had full access to his items. From what I understand t.ara isn't a fan of other mods merging his stuff, at least that's what he said in one of his newer postings. Technically, ZAP 8 is still released under the "Free to use with credit" license it inherited from ZAP 7, but I have no interest in creating bad bood between us, so I have no plans to merge any of his items at this time.

We have started to make our own original rope items though, and I think that's the road we will continue on.

2 hours ago, Kimy said:

Heretical joined forces with the DD team back then, so we had full access to his items. From what I understand t.ara isn't a fan of other mods merging his stuff, at least that's what he said in one of his newer postings. Technically, ZAP 8 is still released under the "Free to use with credit" license it inherited from ZAP 7, but I have no interest in creating bad bood between us, so I have no plans to merge any of his items at this time.

We have started to make our own original rope items though, and I think that's the road we will continue on.

Ah that's awesome. I love T.ara's new stuff he creates, there is a lot of good stuff in it, but it is mainly eye candy so far, like DD stuff would be if there would be only the DD Assets mod.

But DD really shines thanks to the great work Min and you did with DD Integration, adding lots of interesting gameplay features to it and providing thus a great framework for other modders. This leads to gems like your DCL mod, Devious Followers and all the dozen other great mods of the DD family.

Mind if i ask T.ara in his thread? A few days ago he was unhappy that there are so few mods with his new stuff, which is a shame. On the other hand he posted some opposition against DD which i think could be a misunderstanding. Because my impression is that T.ara loves the modelling part but not the scripting part. But this is imho what would make his stuff from very good to excellent. So i don't get why it shouldn't be a win-win situation for everybody if he allows you to add stuff from his mod you like to add a DD family variant.

At least for me it would be a nice dream if there would be DD like minigames/dialogues for escaping some bondage furniture too. Like the gag talk dialogues or the great damsel in distress escape minigame from DCL.

DD is very likely going to expand into furniture devices, so your wish will probably come true. :smile:

And don't ask me about ZAP's direction. I find it confusing as well. He's more and and more positioning it as a framework competing with DD, but on the other hand he doesn't seem happy about his (truly awesome!) models getting used only very rarely so. Making people choose between ZAP and DD content is not in the best interest of anyone, but it seems to be going in this direction, unfortunately. He seems to be insistent on keeping ZAP's outdated restraints mechanics around and base his new devices on it, when pretty much everyone else is using DD for restraints these days.

Feel free to ask t.ara, but from what I have seen, he is utterly not interested in cooperation with DD. I always thought the best solution for everyone would be for ZAP to concentrate on furniture and DD to provide restraints, but it's apparently not where he wants to take this.

34 minutes ago, Kimy said:

DD is very likely going to expand into furniture devices, so your wish will probably come true. :smile:

And don't ask me about ZAP's direction. I find it confusing as well. He's more and and more positioning it as a framework competing with DD, but on the other hand he doesn't seem happy about his (truly awesome!) models getting used only very rarely so. Making people choose between ZAP and DD content is not in the best interest of anyone, but it seems to be going in this direction, unfortunately. He seems to be insistent on keeping ZAP's outdated restraints mechanics around and base his new devices on it, when pretty much everyone else is using DD for restraints these days.

Feel free to ask t.ara, but from what I have seen, he is utterly not interested in cooperation with DD. I always thought the best solution for everyone would be for ZAP to concentrate on furniture and DD to provide restraints, but it's apparently not where he wants to take this.

What I really want to see - immobile posts/pillars/columns which attached to collar/ankle/wrist by leash with escape mechanics like DDs.

1 hour ago, Kimy said:

The Zaz pack has historically been underused, that the trend continues is unfortunate but not unexpected.

1 hour ago, Dust+ said:

What I really want to see - immobile posts/pillars/columns which attached to collar/ankle/wrist by leash with escape mechanics like DDs.

Yes, I want something like this to happen! At least that's the idea. Making furniture bondage as interesting as wearables!

I have a question about a problem I am running into with a custom device.

I copied a Vaginal Piercing as a unique, non-generic Sanguine Artifact. As far as I can tell, it has the same keywords as the vaginal device - just different messages and effect script.

I use this line to remove it:

libs.RemoveDevice(kSlave, ddArmorInventory , ddArmorRendered , ddArmorKeyword, bDestroy, bSkipEvents, bSkipMutex)

bDestroy is True

bSkipEvents is False

bSkipMutex is True

I verified the other properties are set.

Problem is when I try to remove the device, I am getting this error from Zad:

[05/19/2018 - 02:35:44PM] [Zad]: RemoveDevice called for Sanguine Artifact
[05/19/2018 - 02:35:44PM] [Zad]: Acquired mutex, removing Sanguine Artifact
[05/19/2018 - 02:35:44PM] [Zad]: OnUnequipped(Brea: Sanguine Artifact)
[05/19/2018 - 02:35:44PM] [Zad]: OnUnequipped(): Detected removal token, but OnUnequippedFilter return >= 1. Not removing device.

I thought maybe I should set it to skip events as well since I am destroying it from the player inventory in the process, but that gives me this error instead:

[05/19/2018 - 08:21:44PM] [Zad]: RemoveDevice called for Sanguine Artifact
[05/19/2018 - 08:21:44PM] [Zad]: Acquired mutex, removing Sanguine Artifact
[05/19/2018 - 08:21:44PM] [Zad]: OnUnequipped(Brea: Sanguine Artifact)
[05/19/2018 - 08:21:44PM] [Zad]: Caught remove-all. Re-equipping device.

Any idea what these messages are about?

6 hours ago, Kimy said:

From what i read in the Devious Devices Equip Hijack it seems like the issue is settled already and golden times for us users are ahead, both from DD and ZAP :smile:

4 hours ago, Kimy said:

Yes, I want something like this to happen! At least that's the idea. Making furniture bondage as interesting as wearables!

Maybe this could even be used for interesting sacrifices and unfair gladiator games.

If you lose a combat against Draugr they might chain you to a sacrifice pillar/altar for dragons and you have a few tries to escape before a dragon appears. You might manage to get your hand chains off somehow but would still have feet/neck chains, severly limiting your combat abilities.

6 hours ago, DeepBlueFrog said:

I have a question about a problem I am running into with a custom device.

I copied a Vaginal Piercing as a unique, non-generic Sanguine Artifact. As far as I can tell, it has the same keywords as the vaginal device - just different messages and effect script.

I use this line to remove it:

libs.RemoveDevice(kSlave, ddArmorInventory , ddArmorRendered , ddArmorKeyword, bDestroy, bSkipEvents, bSkipMutex)

bDestroy is True

bSkipEvents is False

bSkipMutex is True

I verified the other properties are set.

Problem is when I try to remove the device, I am getting this error from Zad:

[05/19/2018 - 02:35:44PM] [Zad]: RemoveDevice called for Sanguine Artifact
[05/19/2018 - 02:35:44PM] [Zad]: Acquired mutex, removing Sanguine Artifact
[05/19/2018 - 02:35:44PM] [Zad]: OnUnequipped(Brea: Sanguine Artifact)
[05/19/2018 - 02:35:44PM] [Zad]: OnUnequipped(): Detected removal token, but OnUnequippedFilter return >= 1. Not removing device.

I thought maybe I should set it to skip events as well since I am destroying it from the player inventory in the process, but that gives me this error instead:

[05/19/2018 - 08:21:44PM] [Zad]: RemoveDevice called for Sanguine Artifact
[05/19/2018 - 08:21:44PM] [Zad]: Acquired mutex, removing Sanguine Artifact
[05/19/2018 - 08:21:44PM] [Zad]: OnUnequipped(Brea: Sanguine Artifact)
[05/19/2018 - 08:21:44PM] [Zad]: Caught remove-all. Re-equipping device.

Any idea what these messages are about?

When you say "effect script" do you mean the script attached to the inventory device that handles equipping and unequipping?

If so, does it have a "Function OnUnequippedFilter" defined anywhere?

Also what version of DD is this issue in?

Looks like pre-DD4, a harness or belt would block removal.

11 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

When you say "effect script" do you mean the script attached to the inventory device that handles equipping and unequipping?

If so, does it have a "Function OnUnequippedFilter" defined anywhere?

Also what version of DD is this issue in?

Looks like pre-DD4, a harness or belt would block removal.

Thanks for the reply.

It would help if my custom script for the device effect didn't force a value of 1 in the OnUnequip event :smile:

That fixed it.

On 5/19/2018 at 4:37 PM, WaxenFigure said:

The Zaz pack has historically been underused, that the trend continues is unfortunate but not unexpected.

Due to the initial issues t.ara had with ZAP and it being taken away from him officially his work has been labeled as being bad. I have been using ZAP v8 for about a month testing it with CD and have been through the most intensive scenes and it had no issues at all, it works just as well as v7 or ZAP has so far. If things continue to be stable (if I find any issues I will work with t.ara to see about getting them corrected) then the next release may require v8 IF I find items that suit the quests I am making or it may happen in the future but my next update is still some time away.

As for why t.ara (as well as ZAZ and XAZ with previous versions of ZAP) didn't want their resources included with other mods was that they may change and preferred that they just use them straight out of ZAP. That has been ZAP's official stance for quite some time.

I'm still learning about CK and scripts ect...

If I'm right there is no way to alter the values in ZadEquipScript when it's equipped?

So if you wanted to remove an item from an external source (not player) there is no way to check the lockshield ?

Or even more fun increase the time of a lockshield ect !

So this this a suggestion/idea for improving ZadEquipScript

Create a Quest(ArrayQuest) with a quest script that contains as set of arrays

The array positions relate to the equip slots of items  

Then have an array for a lot of the propertys in ZadEquipScript

So that when an item is equiped zadequipscript passes the property values to the ArrayQuest script

Then uses the ArrayQuest Values rather than internal script values.

Meaning we could control currently equipped devices via a Quest.

This would allow outside sources to do fun things like....

Outside sources reinforcing restraint by decreasing the CutDeviceEscapeChance

Or do thing like making a cursed collar that slowly makes other devices harder and harder to escape from.

2 hours ago, Lozeak said:

I'm still learning about CK and scripts ect...

If I'm right there is no way to alter the values in ZadEquipScript when it's equipped?

So if you wanted to remove an item from an external source (not player) there is no way to check the lockshield ?

Or even more fun increase the time of a lockshield ect !

So this this a suggestion/idea for improving ZadEquipScript

Create a Quest(ArrayQuest) with a quest script that contains as set of arrays

The array positions relate to the equip slots of items  

Then have an array for a lot of the propertys in ZadEquipScript

So that when an item is equiped zadequipscript passes the property values to the ArrayQuest script

Then uses the ArrayQuest Values rather than internal script values.

Meaning we could control currently equipped devices via a Quest.

This would allow outside sources to do fun things like....

Outside sources reinforcing restraint by decreasing the CutDeviceEscapeChance

Or do thing like making a cursed collar that slowly makes other devices harder and harder to escape from.

DD intentionally does not provide access to any equipped items's properties from 3rd party mods. The core philosophy is that the modder who created a device has full control over its behavior and no 3rd party mod can interfere with it. Content mods can provide such access at their own discretion.

59 minutes ago, Kimy said:

DD intentionally does not provide access to any equipped items's properties from 3rd party mods. The core philosophy is that the modder who created a device has full control over its behavior and no 3rd party mod can interfere with it. Content mods can provide such access at their own discretion.

Fair enough, I guess a lot of the stuff could done with a custom devices or upgrading generic devices anyway. 

Is there a way to detect lockshields for that reason ?