Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

13 minutes ago, Supertin said:

You need seperate animations for each device. Using the animations with the armbinder position as one for the elbowbinder will look quite broken and cause clipping. Amount of animations is not really a concern at the moment. We also don't mind if there was versions for yokes, bbyoke or cuffs in front for the same animations.

Regardless, the animations look really nice. Great job!

Good to know that animation amount isn't an issue. I make the animations for said devices in a bit.

Good to know u like them, but I don't think I would've started making these animations if I didn't know about your DD animators resource pack!

The pose presets help a lot :smile: 

When equipping the armbinders, elbowbinder and straitjacket I noticed 2 inconsistencies between the idles. I don't remember if this is how they behaved in 4.0 or if they're intended to behave like this or not:

1. The elbowbinder has a very nice standing idle, while the armbinder and straitjacket only move/hide the arms. No special idle there.

2. The elbowbinder has this one knee on the ground crouching idle, while the armbinder and straitjacket only move/hide the arms. No special idle there.

1 hour ago, Richard1234 said:

When equipping the armbinders, elbowbinder and straitjacket I noticed 2 inconsistencies between the idles. I don't remember if this is how they behaved in 4.0 or if they're intended to behave like this or not:

1. The elbowbinder has a very nice standing idle, while the armbinder and straitjacket only move/hide the arms. No special idle there.

2. The elbowbinder has this one knee on the ground crouching idle, while the armbinder and straitjacket only move/hide the arms. No special idle there.

The idle you get with armbinders and straitjackets depends on the choice you make when installing. Whereas the elbowbinders only have one built-in option at the moment.

I think the elbowbinder idle is based on the Feuertin or Feuertin Alt ones, but I can't remember.

So I made the BJ animation compatible with the armbinder, elbowbinder, lower wrist cuffs, yoke and breast yoke.
They're basically all the same except for the arm poses that change between animation sets.

I could've finished this 4 hours ago, if it weren't for me banging my head on why the hell my newly added animations weren't added.
Turns out that at some point I ran FNIS for modders using MO, putting the behavior files in the overwrite folder. And since I always use it outside of MO, the newly generated file has always been overwritten, which I didn't know. Atleast it's fixed now.

I'll probably make a doggy animation with these 5 restraints.
Unless there are specific animations that need rework?
Even though I'm not working with the DD team (yet), I'm always up for helping out if needed.

22 hours ago, Kimy said:

New commit:

- Improved rope binders

- New struggle animations will now be used by appropriate devices.

- Fixed transparent hobble skirt mesh.

Specifically which devices and which animations should we be testing to make sure they work properly?

1 minute ago, harakoni said:

Specifically which devices and which animations should we be testing to make sure they work properly?

Blindfolds, boots, gags, gloves and hoods should all have the new struggle animations. Mind you that only standard DD items play the new stuggles at this time. Devices for e.g. Cursed Loot will not.

On 15.5.2018 at 2:55 PM, SpaceHamst3r said:

The only Issue I can think off is that if I do this, there will be a lot of animations. I don't know if this will be problem.
I can cut down on only using the armbinder animation instead of an armbinder + elbowbinder, since the arms of the elbowbinder pose can fit in the armbinder, so I can use one 1 animation for both devices. It can look weird and has some clipping but it cuts down on a whole single animation! wow!! :tongue:

Reveal hidden contents

c4288eec3951ecb62bb3a1bffefe4265.thumb.png.04cfaed08e789df712c966fbf6718e19.png

Anyhow, thoughts on this are really appreciated.

Depending on what you call "a lot" it might become a problem, or not. I have around 1k sexlab animations installed, and that's pretty much how much i dare to have for various reasons. Making an armbinder version, a yoke version, a straightjacket version and a breast yoke version for each ending with 5k instead would definitly be too much. ;)

My suggestion would be: Take a few you consider well and different/unique to each other in a way, and if possible (i expect that would be more work but i have no clue, might even be easier) that counts for all of them. I.e not just different versions of the same animation for different items but rather using different base animations for different items, at least that's what i'd hope for. I'll be happy with pretty much anything i get, though. ;) What i'd be hoping for would something like maybe 40, that would be 10 per item, some something like 3 for each oral/vaginal/anal + maybe one threesome. Enough to have some variaton, but not too much to install. :smile: 

25 minutes ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Depending on what you call "a lot" it might become a problem, or not. I have around 1k sexlab animations installed, and that's pretty much how much i dare to have for various reasons. Making an armbinder version, a yoke version, a straightjacket version and a breast yoke version for each ending with 5k instead would definitly be too much. ;)

My suggestion would be: Take a few you consider well and different/unique to each other in a way, and if possible (i expect that would be more work but i have no clue, might even be easier) that counts for all of them. I.e not just different versions of the same animation for different items but rather using different base animations for different items, at least that's what i'd hope for. I'll be happy with pretty much anything i get, though. ;) What i'd be hoping for would something like maybe 40, that would be 10 per item, some something like 3 for each oral/vaginal/anal + maybe one threesome. Enough to have some variaton, but not too much to install. :smile: 

Big request, probably too much too handle for now :tongue:

Like I said before, these are the first animations I'm seriously working on.

I'm currently just making the same animation, then export them in a way so they fit on armbinder, elbowbinder, front cuffs, yoke and breast yokes.

I do these devices since I like them, but mostly since Supertin said in the post after mine that these are the devices that are asked for.

Making different variations for each item would take considerably more time, compared to the way I'm doing it right now.

But once I'll make more animations, I'll get more experienced, blablabla, and I'll most likely by quicker and make more variations :smile: 

I would love to know if these would have a chance of being included in DD, since I'm just making animations not knowing what I will do with them.
I would definitely add them in an SLAL pack, but it might be wacky to have 2 sets of the same animations on the site, while people with armbinders will already have them included in DD.

I'll have to make more animations to have any official word on this tho, so I'm not expecting an answer anytime soon :tongue:

But I also don't want to keep "hijacking" this thread to tell people about this haha.

Speaking of more animations, worked in this the whole day: missionary armbinder :smiley:

Thoughts would be appreciated as usual!

We will gladly add any good-quality bound animation submitted to us. The lack of variety in bound animations is something we'd love to remedy.

Just send us the animations when they're done and we'll have a look at them! :smile:

DD will not pick up animations from SLAL packs btw. They need to be added to DD's own repository for the framework to be able to use them.

6 minutes ago, Kimy said:

We will gladly add any good-quality bound animation submitted to us. The lack of variety in bound animations is something we'd love to remedy.

Just send us the animations when they're done and we'll have a look at them! :smile:

DD will not pick up animations from SLAL packs btw. They need to be added to DD's own repository for the framework to be able to use them.

Sounds good.

I'll try and finish the current missionary animation and send both the BJ and this one when theyre done.
Again, it's a single animation, duplicated 5 times to work with armbinders, elbowbinders, front cuffs, yokes and breast yokes.

I have plans to release these in an SLAL pack and personally use it as such, but I'll just send the .hkx files when done :classic_biggrin:

10 hours ago, SpaceHamst3r said:

Big request, probably too much too handle for now :tongue:

Like I said before, these are the first animations I'm seriously working on.

I'm currently just making the same animation, then export them in a way so they fit on armbinder, elbowbinder, front cuffs, yoke and breast yokes.

I do these devices since I like them, but mostly since Supertin said in the post after mine that these are the devices that are asked for.

Making different variations for each item would take considerably more time, compared to the way I'm doing it right now.

But once I'll make more animations, I'll get more experienced, blablabla, and I'll most likely by quicker and make more variations :smile: 

I would love to know if these would have a chance of being included in DD, since I'm just making animations not knowing what I will do with them.
I would definitely add them in an SLAL pack, but it might be wacky to have 2 sets of the same animations on the site, while people with armbinders will already have them included in DD.

I'll have to make more animations to have any official word on this tho, so I'm not expecting an answer anytime soon :tongue:

But I also don't want to keep "hijacking" this thread to tell people about this haha.

Speaking of more animations, worked in this the whole day: missionary armbinder :smiley:

Thoughts would be appreciated as usual!

They look nice.

Something that does bother me though is that all her weight is on her arms in the armbinder.

Armbinders in itself can be slightly painfull when wearing it for too long and having all your weight on it makes it even worse.

1 hour ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

They look nice.

Something that does bother me though is that all her weight is on her arms in the armbinder.

Armbinders in itself can be slightly painfull when wearing it for too long and having all your weight on it makes it even worse.

Yeah, I thought a bit on how to approach armbinders in animations.
I tried making doggy first, but the armbinder was rather "long" and clipped into the male, so I skipped it and when to missionary.
I have no idea how armbinders feel when worn so I just jumped in the animation thinking it would be fine.

I do made it so the male actor carries the female bottom part a bit for more support, since laying her absolute flat on the armbinder looked strange and didn't work out.

I guess that sounds fine? The male supports lifts her up a bit so it won't be that painful anymore :smiley: The devices are "devious" for a reason and shouldn't bring much benefits with it, mostly negatives (personal opinion).

No idea, but I feel like not changing it since I worked on it for a day and want to get done with it for now.

I can always finish it and just not send it to the DD team and work on something else if it doesn't make any sense 

1 hour ago, SpaceHamst3r said:

Yeah, I thought a bit on how to approach armbinders in animations.
I tried making doggy first, but the armbinder was rather "long" and clipped into the male, so I skipped it and when to missionary.
I have no idea how armbinders feel when worn so I just jumped in the animation thinking it would be fine.

I do made it so the male actor carries the female bottom part a bit for more support, since laying her absolute flat on the armbinder looked strange and didn't work out.

I guess that sounds fine? The male supports lifts her up a bit so it won't be that painful anymore :smiley: The devices are "devious" for a reason and shouldn't bring much benefits with it, mostly negatives (personal opinion).

No idea, but I feel like not changing it since I worked on it for a day and want to get done with it for now.

I can always finish it and just not send it to the DD team and work on something else if it doesn't make any sense 

Armbinder sex in real life isn't very common. Mostly because they can get very uncomfortable to the wearer and the armbinder can get in the way. The person in the armbinder can bend the elbows in the armbinder, but that stresses the elbows even more. And that is not an option in Skyrim.

Laying with your back with your arms tied is doable on a mattress. But can quickly get painfull on a hard surface. Especially when you've been wearing an armbinder for a long time.

Wearing a ballgag for 3 days straight is also a bad idea.

You made a good point. It is true that Devious Devices in Skyrim aren't for comfort.

And I understand that you don't want to throw away your days work.

I suggest making a bound cowgirl animation.

I don't know how hard those are to make, but I think the armbinder won't be in the way as much in a cowgirl position.

27 minutes ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Armbinder sex in real life isn't very common. Mostly because they can get very uncomfortable to the wearer and the armbinder can get in the way. The person in the armbinder can bend the elbows in the armbinder, but that stresses the elbows even more. And that is not an option in Skyrim.

Laying with your back with your arms tied is doable on a mattress. But can quickly get painfull on a hard surface. Especially when you've been wearing an armbinder for a long time.

Wearing a ballgag for 3 days straight is also a bad idea.

You made a good point. It is true that Devious Devices in Skyrim aren't for comfort.

And I understand that you don't want to throw away your days work.

I suggest making a bound cowgirl animation.

I don't know how hard those are to make, but I think the armbinder won't be in the way as much in a cowgirl position.

Yeah, now I feel less interested in the armbinder on surface idea of my animation, it makes sense what you say.
I'll just finish this animation roughly and see what happens. 

And I was thinking about other positions and for some reason cowgirl didn't hit my mind at all, I completely forgot about that position for some reason.
It's probably the easiest to make from all the ones I made so far.

Finish missionary quickly, maybe scrap it or something, and cowgirl next. Sounds like a plan to me.

EDIT: now I thought about it, I'm just gonna scrap the armbinder / elbowbinder missionary and work on the front cuffs and both yokes.

1 hour ago, SpaceHamst3r said:

Yeah, now I feel less interested in the armbinder on surface idea of my animation, it makes sense what you say.
I'll just finish this animation roughly and see what happens. 

And I was thinking about other positions and for some reason cowgirl didn't hit my mind at all, I completely forgot about that position for some reason.
It's probably the easiest to make from all the ones I made so far.

Finish missionary quickly, maybe scrap it or something, and cowgirl next. Sounds like a plan to me.

EDIT: now I thought about it, I'm just gonna scrap the armbinder / elbowbinder missionary and work on the front cuffs and both yokes.

One thing that might be interesting to try is animations where both subjects are bound. Doesn't necessarily have to be full sex. Could be neat to have paired "frustration/denial" animations where two subjects try unsuccessfully to get each other off, sort of like the high arousal chastity belt masturbation animations.

Actual sex positions for 2 bound subjects would probably have to vary based on the bindings, for reasons mentioned already, but standing/sitting oral and doggy would probably work for both subjects in monogloves.

12 minutes ago, Addasus said:

One thing that might be interesting to try is animations where both subjects are bound. Doesn't necessarily have to be full sex. Could be neat to have paired "frustration/denial" animations where two subjects try unsuccessfully to get each other off, sort of like the high arousal chastity belt masturbation animations.

Actual sex positions for 2 bound subjects would probably have to vary based on the bindings, for reasons mentioned already, but standing/sitting oral and doggy would probably work for both subjects in monogloves.

It definitely sounds interesting, but I feel like there wouldn't be too many scenario's where both actors are bound and have sex.

And I tried doggy with monogloves and I'm probably having a lack of ideas, but when I tried a doggy I couldn't make it so the armbinder on the female doesn't clip through the male.

It definitely sounds interesting, but not on my list of things to do :tongue: 

Laura is 100% correct. For most not super-bendy women, even wearing an armbinder is not very comfortable. Laying on your back when wearing one would quite certainly prevent you from having any fun during sex.

That being said, if a device or sex scene in DD wouldn't be 100% the same in real life, that's fine. Skyrim isn't real life, and everything happening there can always be explained with magic!. Our approach always has been to create devices and features that make sense, but we're willing to bend realism or lore-immersion when it gets too much in the way of fun. So don't let this get in your way when making animations. We'd quite certainly add it it anyway.

50 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Laura is 100% correct. For most not super-bendy women, even wearing an armbinder is not very comfortable. Laying on your back when wearing one would quite certainly prevent you from having any fun during sex.

That being said, if a device or sex scene in DD wouldn't be 100% the same in real life, that's fine. Skyrim isn't real life, and everything happening there can always be explained with magic!. Our approach always has been to create devices and features that make sense, but we're willing to bend realism or lore-immersion when it gets too much in the way of fun. So don't let this get in your way when making animations. We'd quite certainly add it it anyway.

Great to hear! :classic_biggrin:

I mostly went with the thought process of these animations being, I wouldn't say non-consensual, but being somewhat annoying for the one wearing the devices.
Because yeah, these devices are meant to be annoying :tongue: 

Let's just say that the armbinders are "bound with magic" (heh) and magically make the intercourse still fun.

I'll finish these missionary sets and send the files when done.

How should I send the files? I don't really know where to upload them and such.

Only issue I have right now is that the feet are messed up because FootIK I think.
Haven't figured out yet how to fix this :confused: 

3 minutes ago, RegisteredUser said:

In real life, we also have boxtie armbinders which are less uncomfortable and don't get in the way nearly as much. Unfortunately, I don't think I've ever seen a model done for Skyrim that DD could use.

Like these?

Spoiler

il_570xN.773709351_4byo.jpg.fe2e70215ea476467ab6ddc9510b7bd6.jpg

s-l640.jpg.e46f79a139f66f9f5de1400fad84ccd4.jpg

They sure do look interesting to have ingame.
Maybe one day... *wink wink* :classic_wink:

They also remind me a bit of reverse prayer restraints.

57 minutes ago, Loki15kun said:

That was what I was reading and I'm sure that should fix it, but I literally don't understand on how to approach this.
FNIS Declaration? No idea what / where that is.
Actor Variable? :classic_wacko:

I should ask Darkconsole for help tbh.

EDIT: So I asked for help in Discord and feet problem is solved :smiley: