Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

9 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

I'm going to update this suggestion, because I came up with an idea. Instead of removing potions from the player's inventory, you can remove their effects.

If you add "Mod Incoming Spell Magnitude" and "Mod Incoming Spell Duration" entries to the main dd perk, and have both of them set to multiply by 0, and add the "GetIsObjectType Potion ==1" to the Spell conditions, then the magnitude and duration of consumed potions will be zero, basically rendering the potions useless.

So, we can get the same type of gameplay restrictions without intruding on the player's inventory at all.

Issue with that: Potions and other consumables that have other kinds of effect will not be affected by gags. So for example you can eat and drink and still satisfy need mods or skooma whore or whatever, and just skip the effects that have durations or numerical effects such as healing or regenerating.

In the specific case of Skomma whore, for example, you would then get situations where people drug you, and it adds to your addiction, but the effects of the drug do not happen. (Which technically means you can become a huge addict, and to avoid the side effects of withdrawal, you can just keep taking drugs but with a gag on, then you benefit from immunity to any side effects and immunity to the drugs themselves)

Edited by thedarkone1234
1 hour ago, Kimy said:

Hm, wouldn't that amount to destroying the player's potions when she realistically had no chance to consume them? Sounds actually meaner than the existing implementation, no?

Some points:

1. Yes, if user decides to drink a potion with gag on, it would destroy it. Which, realistically, what should happen.

2. On the other hand, if user decides to give all potions to follower after being gagged - it works fine, unlike current implementation ?

Basically, what proposed implementation lacks right now to be fully better is a notification about why potion failed.

1 hour ago, DeWired said:

Yes, if user decides to drink a potion with gag on, it would destroy it. Which, realistically, what should happen.

I think what you're saying is that "drinking" a potion with a gag on amounts to pouring it on your face, wasting the potion.  However, no one would do such a thing, and it's not all that intuitive that wearing a gag causes a person to perform such a useless action.  To prevent this, we could remove the potions from inventory -- which is the current implementation.  So, the question is, which way is worse?

1 hour ago, thedarkone1234 said:

Issue with that: Potions and other consumables that have other kinds of effect will not be affected by gags. So for example you can eat and drink and still satisfy need mods or skooma whore or whatever....

Addiction from something not actually consumed does seem unrealistic.

I think the more serious matter is that the player could freely eat & drink while wearing a gag that supposedly blocks drinking a potion.  That's certainly convenient for the player, but it doesn't make sense.

On the other hand, removing consumables from inventory has unfortunate (and non-obvious) side effects.  The Submissive Lola mod has quests that require the PC to fetch a beverage or prepare a meal.  If the PC is gagged, food & drink are removed, so the quest can't be completed -- simply because the character was wearing a gag (unrealistic).  I had to block those quests from starting while the PC has a gag's zad_effGagNoFood effect.  (I suppose the mod could have checked the hidden container for these items, and on delivery it would have to remove the item from there instead of inventory.  That's awkward.)

Another minor consideration is that there are mods that have guards search for illegal items (like skooma) in inventory.  If equipping a gag moves potions out of inventory, then one can evade skooma searches just by using a gag.

Things to think about.  Neither approach is perfect.

Edited by HexBolt8

Low polyed, baked, textured. Quick and dirty. If anyone is willing to import it to Skyrim - i'll be more than happy to share the mesh and textures (PBR)
And ideally implement it as part of DD family. I'm too stupid to mod Skyrim myself, i'm just 3d artist ?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.612053dde1d5760bb213b76614c85992.png

image.png.68c5fb84296ab95cf8a146923e5d36cd.png

image.png.22a6f275b13a005173ceba74e64f4b78.png

image.thumb.png.24dbf50080b1fd9e9c5f5ced3cc5d205.png

image.thumb.png.b106bde0c729d1143f25465c609ce6d2.png

Edited by paparebbe

Another approach to food and drinks while gagged I just thought of (assuming you can't just script a "you can't use that item right now" the same way you can do with inventory item with "player.additem XXXX 1" => "you cannot unequip this item"):

How about converting all consumables to identical misc items that the only differece between them and the real item is that they cannot be consumed? I am thinking kinda the same approach as iNeed does with waterskins when you empty them. They could weight the same, and transform back to consumables when dropped or given (I know it is possible to add a script to misc items when you click them, same was as you can fill an empty waterskin by standing in water and equipping it).

Edit: Alternatively: Isn't it just possible to make the items available only when opening the inventory of another NPC or container (or cooking), the same way gold is only visible like in your own inventory like that but not when you open inventory from the menu?

Yes, it means you would still be unable to drop potions to the ground while gagged, but just find the nearest container and dump them, I don't think it is such a big loss if it's only about dropping

Edited by thedarkone1234
5 minutes ago, thedarkone1234 said:

How about converting all consumables to identical misc items that the only differece between them and the real item is that they cannot be consumed? I am thinking kinda the same approach as iNeed does with waterskins when you empty them.

iNeed is just converting its own item.  DD would have to convert all food & drink, including consumables added by mods.  I don't think that would work out.

4 hours ago, Kimy said:

Hm, wouldn't that amount to destroying the player's potions when she realistically had no chance to consume them? Sounds actually meaner than the existing implementation, no?

Actually, no. It wouldn't change the potions at all, but it would negate any effects they had whenever the player tried to consume them.

3 hours ago, thedarkone1234 said:

Potions and other consumables that have other kinds of effect will not be affected by gags. So for example you can eat and drink and still satisfy need mods or skooma whore or whatever, and just skip the effects that have durations or numerical effects such as healing or regenerating.

Eating and drinking mods will have some extra consideration, since most these days just use the 'OnObjectEquipped' event, to detect when items are consumed, rather than magic effects attached to food items. So, food and drink might still need to be removed.

Healing potions would still have their effects negated, though, that's what the 'Mod Incoming Spell Magnitude' entry does. The healing effect would be set to zero, so you're essentially healing by 0 pts.

1 hour ago, thedarkone1234 said:

Edit: Alternatively: Isn't it just possible to make the items available only when opening the inventory of another NPC or container (or cooking), the same way gold is only visible like in your own inventory like that but not when you open inventory from the menu?

This might be doable. There is a pair of events called 'OnMenuOpen' and 'OnMenuClose'. What we could do is register for "ContainerMenu", "BarterMenu", and "GiftMenu", and give food and potions back to the player when they're in one of these menus, then remove them again when they close. This means the player could still pickup potions and food to sell, store, or give to followers, but they won't be able to use them themselves.

3 hours ago, DeWired said:

Some points:

1. Yes, if user decides to drink a potion with gag on, it would destroy it. Which, realistically, what should happen.

Well, not really. Nobody wearing a gag would try to drink a potion when they'd know they can't get it past the gag.

12 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

This might be reported already, but it seems that Panel Gags don't cooperate with the Device Hider. I set helmets to hide slot 44, ie gags, and the red leather panel gag stubbornly refused to be hidden. I tested on slot 45, and the collar I was wearing disappeared without issue. I'm still on version 5.1 btw.

I looked into this further, and it looks like panel gags are 'equipped' via a magic effect? The gag script instance armors don't have any armatures, instead a pair of magic effects on their enchantments use 'Hit Effect Art' to have the gag show up on characters, and uses a faction to determine whether to show the panel or not. Shouldn't this be updated to be more consistent with the rest of the mod, or at least tweaked so it works with the Device Hider?

Edited by Code Serpent
5 hours ago, paparebbe said:

Low polyed, baked, textured. Quick and dirty. If anyone is willing to import it to Skyrim - i'll be more than happy to share the mesh and textures (PBR)
And ideally implement it as part of DD family. I'm too stupid to mod Skyrim myself, i'm just 3d artist ?

Reveal hidden contents

Looks great! I cannot import it to Skyrim myself, unfortunately. Maybe there is a volunteer that make can make CBBE and UUNP versions of that? :)

9 hours ago, paparebbe said:

If anyone is willing to import it to Skyrim - i'll be more than happy to share the mesh and textures (PBR)

3 hours ago, Kimy said:

Maybe there is a volunteer that make can make CBBE and UUNP versions of that?

Can you send it to me as an .obj with the texture files in whatever format they are? Is it built to a standard body or will I need to fit it one? Talk to me on P.M. or discord Audhol#4836 so we dont hijak this thread and I'll set it up for the four main bodys if you'd like?

14 hours ago, paparebbe said:

Btw, a long time ago i did some work on another chastity belt, but scrapped it, since the locking system of it was ruining the looks. So i decided to ditch the idea all together. Until the other idea ran across my mind. We're in Skyrim so why bother with physical locks? ?The slick look is more important.

Looks great, I like the shiny finish. There are neck irons IRL without visible locks, but this being a fantasy world, an invisible magic lock is plausible ?

I've found out that the newly added elbow shackles didn't work properly because of an incorrectly assigned device message popup, namely they had the one for the yokes, which made them impossible to be unequipped. I seem to have managed to solve this by introducing a message for the elbow shackles where the options now check for the correct keywords, allowing the device to be unqeuipped.

Plugin with the fixes to be merged if needed: small DD fixes.esp

Also contains some corrections to several item descriptions, namely a wrong form of a word used in the description of catsuits, and the description of most plugs inexplicably ending with a comma instead of a dot.

3 hours ago, Taki17 said:

I've found out that the newly added elbow shackles didn't work properly because of an incorrectly assigned device message popup, namely they had the one for the yokes, which made them impossible to be unequipped. I seem to have managed to solve this by introducing a message for the elbow shackles where the options now check for the correct keywords, allowing the device to be unqeuipped.

Plugin with the fixes to be merged if needed: small DD fixes.esp

Also contains some corrections to several item descriptions, namely a wrong form of a word used in the description of catsuits, and the description of most plugs inexplicably ending with a comma instead of a dot.

i seem to be having a problem with 2 devices for some reason the elbow binder and petsuit animations have somehow crossed to each other the petsuit uses elbowbinder and the elbowbinder uses petsuit animations sadly i dont know how to fix it >.<

Thought i'd share some of my progress on the full set of DDs that i have no name for. 'Lockless magic devices'? I don't know...

Spoiler

image.png.de56a51a3a8e6791800896fef9c0116d.png

I can also make a whole variety of piercings, from the gold bars that could accompany the chastity belt's trinket, to simple rings, to whatever my sick mind will be able to come up with.
image.png.d4cca751ea0ad567b4708e2223209dba.png

image.png.700b2b45ee0d4aaa43f14084977e5c82.png

image.png.4253fde85c2c1fcabe76160d95793dd8.png

The idea with these is to be extra-spicy. So spicy that the part of the 'boots' go through the heel, to be extra secure ? Although i'm not sure how usable they are. I guess i'll have to alter these later on.

image.thumb.png.801ddc685f421a8963aea265af17491f.png

(I don't know why i went with gold though. Maybe that's made for an extra important slave that the Master or Mistress went all out to make her really stand out?)

Working on gag in similar style will be tricky...

Edited by paparebbe
3 hours ago, paparebbe said:

Thought i'd share some of my progress on the full set of DDs that i have no name for. 'Lockless magic devices'? I don't know...

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.de56a51a3a8e6791800896fef9c0116d.png

I can also make a whole variety of piercings, from the gold bars that could accompany the chastity belt's trinket, to simple rings, to whatever my sick mind will be able to come up with.
image.png.d4cca751ea0ad567b4708e2223209dba.png

image.png.700b2b45ee0d4aaa43f14084977e5c82.png

image.png.4253fde85c2c1fcabe76160d95793dd8.png

The idea with these is to be extra-spicy. So spicy that the part of the 'boots' go through the heel, to be extra secure ? Although i'm not sure how usable they are. I guess i'll have to alter these later on.

image.thumb.png.801ddc685f421a8963aea265af17491f.png

(I don't know why i went with gold though. Maybe that's made for an extra important slave that the Master or Mistress went all out to make her really stand out?)

Working on gag in similar style will be tricky...

Those are goddamn sexy and gorgeous!

3 hours ago, paparebbe said:

It's a very elegant looking set and I'm all for more metal options. Not sold on the heels piercing the feet, but I suppose it goes with the whole vibe of being the work of a metalsmithing wizard or some such.

11 hours ago, paparebbe said:

make that Devices with invisible magic lock, or MagLock if you're looking for a name. Swedish Collar uses magnetic locks, that not sooo far from being magic ?

If I may throw a vote (or opinion) to your new devices: It's a no to both all three.

The main purpose of a chastity bra, as far as I understand that, is not to be able to touch the breasts. Uhmm... They're fully exposed. Beautifully so, but not in the way of a chastity device.

Also the piercings are too massive for my taste, I associate that with mature women who have been into BDSM for decades, not for some heroine whose ingame lifespan is about two or three months. And what I dislike about any piercing I've seen so far is the lack of physics. If you bend forward, the piercing should still obey gravity.

Those shoes with a metal bar through the heel? Why? It should be easy to keep the elegant line w/o crippling the character. With shoes like this you'd need to have a wheelchair added to the set... (should I mention that I have a shoe fetish? Better not...)

8 hours ago, chaimhewast said:

Not sold on the heels piercing the feet,

22 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Those shoes with a metal bar through the heel

You know I'm not sure it does go through the heel, I've studied it and its not very clear if it does or not, If I may make a sugestion perhaps the bar from the cuffs could join the heel like this,

Spoiler

image.png.4253fde85c2c1fcabe76160d95793dd8.png.1ed5fba0edb185764da04a61f9274cb7.png

24 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

The main purpose of a chastity bra,

Again I'm not sure but it looks more like a harness than a chastity bra. Aesthetically I like the look of the collar, harness, belt and heels together

3 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

It should be easy to keep the elegant line w/o crippling the character.

The idea is that this is about dedication to the owner, not about crippling. The proof that she's not going to take those off. Or, if we're on a more sinister side - the 'breaking' of the slave. Master (pun intended) plan to show that she's a slave for good now.

As for the metal bar, or, yes, harness around breasts - yeah, i wanted to emphasize the wear of nipple piercings (the somewhat great variety actually, that i'd love to go for). When nipples (and breasts in general) are hidden - i consider it boring and stealing the eye candy :)