Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

v269 of devious muzzle gags

Found the issue with the mouth internals is down to some kind of occlusion plane attached to the back of the lips that only show when the moth is open so I shortened the tube part of the lips to finish before it. 

Remapped the lips part to remove the seam at the sides and sized to hide the teeth.

Split the leather and ebonite meshes to allow use of different maps for the 2 materials.

Redone the buckles and locks again.

Removed the transparent versions because they were rubbish.

Thanks again to @Code Serpent the ding-a-lings work perfectly.

@CaptainJ03  If you could cast your beady eye over it when you get the chance please.

DeviousMuzzleGagsAE_SE.7z

DeviousMuzzleGagsLE.7z

Spoiler

1764862135_SkyrimSpecialEdition28_08_202211_16_59.png.d3feacec8e1be3250ffdb731c943f032.png1285418963_SkyrimSpecialEdition28_08_202211_17_23.png.c8115e87c7493dd3c3eac9a29036020e.png766451813_SkyrimSpecialEdition28_08_202211_18_33.png.a593ea39e0e2eb0b3468c87afa4b8617.png2696503_SkyrimSpecialEdition28_08_202211_20_29.png.c31de57161801e4a3a7a1bd2e36988ff.png1182710817_SkyrimSpecialEdition28_08_202211_21_18.png.54cb1098051b4600c32182fef8af9fd6.png

3 hours ago, Zaflis said:

As far as i understand, Devious Devices is scripted in such a way on purpose that it does not initialize at the first time, it must be saved and loaded. 

If you actually somehow get it to initialize then your Skyrim is far more unstable than you think.

you obviously didnt read how i said at the end that I only need to save and reload once so that Estrus Chaurus and DD initializes. DD will still show in MCM but doesnt initialize until first reload. My system is very stable and everything works. the only MCM menu that doesnt show until first reload is Estrus Chaurus.

4 hours ago, audhol said:

If you could cast your beady eye over it when you get the chance please.

yes, looks much better now, no more clipping. ?

Still some tiny things to complain about: ?

What ever you did to the gloss (is that the alpha channel?) of the black ebonite - that seems a bit too much. Under certain light conditions the strap looks like steel, not like ebonite.

Spoiler

ScreenShot35023.jpg.d714bf700feb394c00723dde50ca2906.jpg

two other things

The lips part is quite a bit away from the face plate, especially considering the prototype you wanted to copy. I'd cut the horizontal strap at the rivet, omit the ring part and ram the lips deeper in her mouth. Uhmmm, gently of course. But that's only my sense of aesthetics, if you like it as it is, ignore this objection.

The bell sound seems odd. It's more like an open bell, but should sound like a closed jesters bell (we call that "Schelle" in german, unfortunately that translates to the same 'bell' as "Glocke") The sound I imagine is like this

5 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

What ever you did to the gloss (is that the alpha channel?) of the black ebonite - that seems a bit too much. Under certain light conditions the strap looks like steel, not like ebonite.

Its the cubemap that works with the environment map I changed it because I found it a bit dull, I will post another version with the origional ebonite cubemap.

The lips part is quite a bit away from the face plate, especially considering the prototype you wanted to copy

Well now I dont agree for 2 reasons, firstly I think it does match the prototype as it is,

Spoiler

PVC-Muzzle-Gag-with-Lips-bon160-4.jpg.2e5107b4cbad27116dfce6ae2d897c95.jpg1764862135_SkyrimSpecialEdition28_08_202211_16_59.png.d3feacec8e1be3250ffdb731c943f032.png.c01c04611d2d89b4471da28686ea3523.png

Secondly I cant "ram it in her mouth deeper" however gently I try to do it. Like I said before there is an occlusion plane between the tongue and the teeth and if I extend the tube any further into the mouth it intersects with that plane and creates a black hole in my mesh. If you use tfc 1 on the ring gag you can see it just behind the ring part and it serves the purpose of hiding the gap between the teeth and tongue otherwise because the normals are outward facing on the head mesh you would see a gap right through the head when the mouth is open. Now I could remove this occlusion plane but that would require supplying the user with an alternate head mesh and also an option for those using highpolyhead and thats all quite outside the realms of a simple gag for DD.

The bell sound seems odd. It's more like an open bell, but should sound like a closed jesters bell

I quite like the sound of the bell I used but if youd like to make an alternative I can show you the program (web based) that I used to modify the .wav files, you will need 3 different ones for slow medium and fast and then you can just replace the ones in the folder. If kimy or any of the other people that have dowloaded the version I posted for testing prefer the jester ones then cool they can be used instead of the my ding-a-lings.

I appreciate all the feedback you have given me so I hope you dont take the fact that I dont agree with everything you say badly, and if you or anyone else really really really want changes then I'll consider it again.

versions with origional cubemaps

DeviousMuzzleGagsAE_SE.7z

DeviousMuzzleGagsLE.7z

14 hours ago, Maddac said:

I think your doing it the hard way.

Something is odd with holding the menu until all mods load, because sexlab and apropos need you to manually click something to initialize them. Maybe specifically sexlab has an automatic trigger but it shouldn't happen if you keep standing on the menu.

Also registering SLAL animation takes a while and I wouldn't advice touching the MCM while it is in progress. Same happens when you turn on creature animations in sexlab's MCM (and nothing in the MCM warns you that you are going to get stuck while things load, which is why I wrote that).

And I only said to save and reload two times (one time more than you) and explicitly said that if everything was done right nothing should happen at this point. I only wrote it as a final form of verification, and in case someone in the future makes a DD or estrus dependant mod that requires another reload to trigger.

Bottom line, the last thing you want is something initializing or loading into the MCM after you have talked to the Mara Statue.

2 hours ago, thedarkone1234 said:

Something is odd with holding the menu until all mods load, because sexlab and apropos need you to manually click something to initialize them. Maybe specifically sexlab has an automatic trigger but it shouldn't happen if you keep standing on the menu.

Also registering SLAL animation takes a while and I wouldn't advice touching the MCM while it is in progress. Same happens when you turn on creature animations in sexlab's MCM (and nothing in the MCM warns you that you are going to get stuck while things load, which is why I wrote that).

And I only said to save and reload two times (one time more than you) and explicitly said that if everything was done right nothing should happen at this point. I only wrote it as a final form of verification, and in case someone in the future makes a DD or estrus dependant mod that requires another reload to trigger.

Bottom line, the last thing you want is something initializing or loading into the MCM after you have talked to the Mara Statue.

you are correct and I should clarify things. I have found that if I wait for all the menus to come up it takes some time (up to 15 minutes), whereas if i just press escape and give it 2-3 minutes, all the mcm menus except estrus chaurus load correctly. (I have no idea why its so much faster doing it that way except the game timer is paused while in menu mode). I then go in and activate (install) apropos, defeat, sexlab, sexlab eager NPCs (and Follow Slavery Mod if installed), and register SLAL animations. after that I tweak mod menus to suit my preferences, as I dont know how to create JSON files for them all to retain settings on new games. once I have everything to my liking, I save and reload, at which point DDi loads, and a minute later Estrus Chaurus menu comes up. At that point I have a stable start and I save the game before talking to Mara. btw I have devious statues which is why Mara is in bondage :)

18 hours ago, Maddac said:

you are correct and I should clarify things. I have found that if I wait for all the menus to come up it takes some time (up to 15 minutes), whereas if i just press escape and give it 2-3 minutes, all the mcm menus except estrus chaurus load correctly. (I have no idea why its so much faster doing it that way except the game timer is paused while in menu mode). I then go in and activate (install) apropos, defeat, sexlab, sexlab eager NPCs (and Follow Slavery Mod if installed), and register SLAL animations. after that I tweak mod menus to suit my preferences, as I dont know how to create JSON files for them all to retain settings on new games. once I have everything to my liking, I save and reload, at which point DDi loads, and a minute later Estrus Chaurus menu comes up. At that point I have a stable start and I save the game before talking to Mara. btw I have devious statues which is why Mara is in bondage :)

I found that using the console (~) to pause the game timer while letting some scripts work, then unpausing it every time that the console stops showing things are at work, seem to get me to that optimal 2-3 mins as well. I rather avoid the escape menu because I think it actually distrupts some things from moving, but if you say it works for you, that's great.

By the way, I also open the console whenever sexlab starts looking for scenes. It is a surefire way to stop time and avoid more scripts from firing (such as DCL rape event while you are already "occupied") and I think it also speeds up the process a bit (just make sure you didn't stop time to soon or the sexlab script won't even start. It is cleary visible with a very rapid flow of text when sexlab has started looking for a scene)

I have DD5.2 Beta 7 loaded and am having a gag issue I havent seen for a while. I removed all the DD5.1 stuff from current installation before installing the latest Beta. my characters mouth isnt opening with gag in it. not sure what changed as it was working perfectly with 5.1 for me. I started a new game to test the beta.

mouth not open with gag.jpg

1 hour ago, Maddac said:

I have DD5.2 Beta 7 loaded and am having a gag issue I havent seen for a while. I removed all the DD5.1 stuff from current installation before installing the latest Beta. my characters mouth isnt opening with gag in it. not sure what changed as it was working perfectly with 5.1 for me. I started a new game to test the beta.

mouth not open with gag.jpg

I think it's caused by the new expression system, there was a comment on how to fit the issue a couple of pages back:

Brainfart, disregard this message pls. I missed the last sentence in which you said you started a new game.

Edited by RandomPufferFish
16 minutes ago, RandomPufferFish said:

I think it's caused by the new expression system, there was a comment on how to fit the issue a couple of pages back:

The message you linked to is for a similar bug that happens when updating an existing save that started on beta 6 + devious_expressions.esp into beta 7 (which had devious expressions intergrated into it). It shouldn't happen in a new game.

I have beta 7 right now and on a new game everything is fine. (I'll admit I didn't take the time to try the newer devious expression because I don't have time recently and because in my opinion the one which is integrated is easier to configure), but the expressions should work normally.

The only reason I can think for them not to is if you have another mod that messes with gags such as the old gag expression fix. Another posibility is that a mod set the factions that control the gagged expression (very coincidently) into 0.

6 minutes ago, thedarkone1234 said:

The message you linked to is for a similar bug that happens when updating an existing save that started on beta 6 + devious_expressions.esp into beta 7 (which had devious expressions intergrated into it). It shouldn't happen in a new game.

I have beta 7 right now and on a new game everything is fine. (I'll admit I didn't take the time to try the newer devious expression because I don't have time recently and because in my opinion the one which is integrated is easier to configure), but the expressions should work normally.

The only reason I can think for them not to is if you have another mod that messes with gags such as the old gag expression fix. Another posibility is that a mod set the factions that control the gagged expression (very coincidently) into 0.

A fuck you are right, I missed the last part of the message. Then no idea, I am sorry!

7 hours ago, thedarkone1234 said:

hmmm, I do have other mods like devious lore, but that was never a problem before, the only unusual mod I have installed recently is follower slavery mod. How would I know if a mod has changed the factions that control gagged expressions? is it something I can find in tes4edit?

on another note, having a search in Tes5edit looking for errors and have found this one appearing in various descriptions through Devious Devices - BRRF.esp as follows <Error: lstring ID is not Int32> so think there is an issue there with descriptions that needs to be resolved in the latest beta

5 hours ago, Maddac said:

on another note, having a search in Tes5edit looking for errors and have found this one appearing in various descriptions through Devious Devices - BRRF.esp as follows <Error: lstring ID is not Int32> so think there is an issue there with descriptions that needs to be resolved in the latest beta

That is long time problem. It should have no influence on the expressions. Do you have Mfg Console or Mfg Fix installed ?

Also

15 hours ago, Maddac said:

I removed all the DD5.1 stuff from current installation before installing the latest Beta.

Do you mean that you are installing/uninstalling the mods directly to skyrim folder without mod organizer? If so then there is milion possible thigs that could have go wrong.

i cant stand vortex or mo2, both drive me crazy which is why I havent just gone to SE/AE. I have manually built and modified my own game since skyrim came out. I have different versions depending on what I am playing as and I just choose my own game. I know my way around tes5edit, skse and ini files pretty well now. just havent seen the gag bug for a while, but thats ok. will just go back to my non-dd version once 5.2 comes out and run install of DD5.2. I actually have my regular skyrim version with no sex mods but all the other mods i like, which works perfectly with no crashing, my sexed up version non-dd which works perfectly with no crashing, my toys/shout like a virgin extended version, works perfectly no crashing, and DD3, DD4.3a, DD5.1 versions all working with no crashing. its funny but i still like playing my dd3 with CDS and Slaverun version just for fun. if a mod doesnt for me, i just revert to version of the game without it. every time i add a mod, i go through it with tes5edit and check for errors. its why my installs are so reliable as i fix the obvious minor stuff that I find. you cant do that with mo2 or vortex. everyone has their own way of modding the game, don't disrespect me for doing it my way when it works for me.

2 minutes ago, Maddac said:

i cant stand vortex or mo2, both drive me crazy which is why I havent just gone to SE/AE. I have manually built and modified my own game since skyrim came out. I have different versions depending on what I am playing as and I just choose my own game. I know my way around tes5edit, skse and ini files pretty well now. just havent seen the gag bug for a while, but thats ok. will just go back to my non-dd version once 5.2 comes out and run install of DD5.2. I actually have my regular skyrim version with no sex mods but all the other mods i like, which works perfectly with no crashing, my sexed up version non-dd which works perfectly with no crashing, my toys/shout like a virgin extended version, works perfectly no crashing, and DD3, DD4.3a, DD5.1 versions all working with no crashing. its funny but i still like playing my dd3 with CDS and Slaverun version just for fun. if a mod doesnt for me, i just revert to version of the game without it. every time i add a mod, i go through it with tes5edit and check for errors. its why my installs are so reliable as i fix the obvious minor stuff that I find. you cant do that with mo2 or vortex. everyone has their own way of modding the game, don't disrespect me for doing it my way when it works for me.

No one is dissing you for doing your own things in your own PC, but if you take your own path which nobody takes, then you should expect that no one will know how to help you. After all, no one can know what exactly does your installation folder look like, and it is too much information to go through even if you took the time to post it all up here. As far as I would guess, you removed one file too many or kept one file too many when manually removing any mod. Most people here wouldn't be able guess any further because people who use any type of mod manager can afford to consider mods as "blackboxes" without going into their folder structures.

2 hours ago, thedarkone1234 said:

... if you take your own path which nobody takes, then you should expect that no one will know how to help you.

"Nobody" is a bit extreme.  I don't use a mod manager; I've always installed Skyrim mods manually.  @Maddac isn't alone.  That said, your point is well taken that those who install manually are human and can make mistakes, so their installations conceivably could have errors that others can't anticipate.

18 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

"Nobody" is a bit extreme.  I don't use a mod manager; I've always installed Skyrim mods manually.  @Maddac isn't alone.  That said, your point is well taken that those who install manually are human and can make mistakes, so their installations conceivably could have errors that others can't anticipate.

thats why I always keep clean copies of skyrim, I add a mod and if I dont want it, i then go back to the copy that doesnt have it. I also backup the load order under my user in /appdata/local/skyrim so that I can play savegames for the version i am playing. I was lazy by just removing DD5.1 and installing DD5.2 beta 7, which is obviously how the error occurred. I could have just updated the copy with beta 6 but wasnt sure if the changes to beta 7 would break anything. anyway seeing as DD5.2 full version is close I am happy to wait for it now.

btw I have started playing with AE, still deciding if i prefer vortex or mo2 for it as its a real pain to try and add mods manually. if theres a way to be able to just press escape and bring up MCM menu like LE I would love to know it.

4 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

I don't use MO or Vortex, either. For me, it's just plain old NMM. It works for me... *shrug*

This may be a tad "off topic" but... I'm looking for some assistance from anyone who is experience with UV mapping. Please, DM me back. I've made some custom assets with currently unusable UV maps and I do not posess the knowledge to repair them.

I now return you all to your regularly scheduled smut.

Is there a way to get my character to lift her head and face forward when wearing the petsuit? My gameplay and most pictures have the head down, But I've seen some pictures with the character having her head up when wearing the petsuit, so is there an option or patch I've missed?

On 9/4/2022 at 4:35 AM, linkhero said:

Is there a way to get my character to lift her head and face forward when wearing the petsuit? My gameplay and most pictures have the head down, But I've seen some pictures with the character having her head up when wearing the petsuit, so is there an option or patch I've missed?

That's not a DD thing.

there's a mod called "Look what you see" that is exactly what you're looking for, though.

edit: maybe not exactly, but it lets your PC look to the camera if that's what you want for your screencaps.

Edited by Clockwinding

I have a question about the unblocked plug removal feature (and thank you, Kimy, for adding it to DD 5.2).

Right now, StoreUnblockedPlugs() is only called from StartValidDDAnimation(), in zadBQ00.  That's good, but unfortunately, it's going to miss most SexLab animations that are started generically.

@Kimy, would it be possible to add a StoreUnblockedPlugs() call to the OnAnimationStart in zadBQ00 to handle unblocked plugs for all sex?  Its counterpart, RetrievePlugs(), is already in the OnAnimationEnd event handling, so this would be parallel, removing and restoring unblocked plugs at the start and end of animations.  (Or, for somewhat better efficiency, StoreUnblockedPlugs() could instead be inserted into Logic() after the IsValidAnimation check, and then retry IsValidAnimation.)

Without this change, sex started from most mods would not benefit from unblocked plug removal, and therefore encounter restrictions in the animation filter (e.g., vaginal sex would be blocked by a simple removeable vaginal plug with no chastity belt equipped).

I was looking through the zadLibs API (5.2 Beta 7) for a project of mine and stumbled upon something strange in GetSlotMaskForDeviceType()

Spoiler

GetSlotMaskForDeviceType(Keyword kw)
	elseif kw == zad_DeviousHeavyBondage
		If playerRef.wornhaskeyword(zad_DeviousStraitJacket)
			return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(32)
  		Else    
			return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(46)
		EndIf 

Doesn't this create a weird edge-case? Suppose we want to check the rendered "zad_DeviousHeavyBondage" device on a NPC with armbinders and the player happens to wear a Straitjacket, then this function would falsely return slotmask 32 for the NPC, correct? This could potentially lead to "UnlockDevice()" removing the wrong or no device from a NPC if the player wears a Straitjacket and modders don't explicitly pass the rendered device. I think you could fix it by moving the Straitjacket check into the "GetWornRenderedDeviceByKeyword" function, since the actor we are checking is present there as an input.

I had something like this in mind

Spoiler
Int Function GetSlotMaskForDeviceType(Keyword kw)
	elseif kw == zad_DeviousHeavyBondage 
	; Only return slotmask 46 for things like armbinders
		return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(46)
	elseif kw == zad_DeviousStraitJacket
	; Make explicit check for StraitJacket in case someone uses it
		return Armor.GetMaskForSlot(32)

Armor Function GetWornRenderedDeviceByKeyword(Actor a, Keyword kw)
	Int i = GetSlotMaskForDeviceType(kw)
	if i == -1
		return None
	EndIf
	Armor x = a.GetWornForm(i) As Armor 
	if x && x.HasKeyWord(zad_Lockable)
	; for Straitjackets, x would be 'None' here if kw is HeavyBondage,
	; since you cant equip both straits and armbinders
		return x
	EndIf
	if !x && kw == zad_DeviousHeavyBondage 
	; Don't catch cases where x was 'None' for other keywords
	; Now check the body slot for a device
		i = GetMaskForSlot(32)
		x = a.GetWornForm(i) as Armor
		if x && x.HasKeyWord(zad_Lockable) && x.HasKeyword(kw)
			return x
	EndIf
	return none
EndFunction

where GetWornRenderedDevice would now work as before, returning the correct device, and if you check for HeavyBondage and nothing is found on slot 46, it would check slot 32 for straitjackets.

Cheers