Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

32 minutes ago, pda45 said:

Why?

Kimy already said that she doesn't do maiming.  "Looks great" doesn't change that.

A change to the model has been proposed that would remove the appearance of impalement, removing any objections while retaining the style & look.  That seems like a reasonable approach.

Guys can I get some feedback before I texture this please, Should I add locks to each buckle? Is there anything you would like to see change?

And Kimy would you like all the DD colours for this? Black\Red\White leather, ebonite and transparent (perhaps a pink too?) Do you want me to make an esl with all the texture sets so you can just copy them over or is it easier for you if I create the armor and addons with appropriate keywords?

Spoiler

759907709_Blender_D__2.93_AnimationToolsN328_Lipsgagblend.blend15_08_202221_50_04.png.5b564fcd034d40d5348162393dbe34ab.png204966023_Blender_D__2.93_AnimationToolsN328_Lipsgagblend.blend15_08_202221_50_40.png.48fc68865292f2d6bc3176fcd4a66006.png1368843737_Blender_D__2.93_AnimationToolsN328_Lipsgagblend.blend15_08_202221_51_20.png.6698ebef10b2dd3d81e65d4982e07590.png1414884325_Blender_D__2.93_AnimationToolsN328_Lipsgagblend.blend15_08_202221_51_37.png.aeb91623fdcf7355cc59674497f3e4e7.png

1 hour ago, pda45 said:

Why? They look great as new device models for the Cursed Collar quest.

Why? Since in this case the idea of another person will have to be realized. If paparebbe has a desire to see something similar to what he outlined, then let him dare.

There is already far from one modification that takes DD as a basis. And Kimy has already said that she would like to release the final version in a couple of weeks, during which the existing errors would be corrected, but at the same time, the number of proposals for the introduction of new devices is only increasing. It is new devices, and not editing existing ones.

And, please note that you are talking about a quest of a different modification. So is it worth it to introduce a new thing for only ONE quest for different modification (although they are related, including the same author)?

To be honest, these devices look pretentious and stand out from the general atmosphere (if I may say so). Recall the Dwemer cuirass. Is it used a lot where? You can count on the fingers of one hand.

I can give a couple more arguments, but who will listen to me at all? Ha...

9 hours ago, audhol said:

Guys can I get some feedback before I texture this please, Should I add locks to each buckle? Is there anything you would like to see change?

As you've already made the pins of the buckles lockable, I'd say go for the locks (seven if I counted right)

Maybe keep an alternate version without locks, so those who know how to do can swap the nif if they don't like the look. I would not make two full versions in every colour.

17 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

Alternatively, make having locks be selectibe in bodyslide, how it is in the case of the recently refurbished catsuits.

A zap  is a good idea but Gags dont need bodyslide data, I think I'll just add all the locks as one seperate part of the nif then either kimy or the user can chose to add them or not.

8 hours ago, audhol said:

A zap  is a good idea but Gags dont need bodyslide data, I think I'll just add all the locks as one seperate part of the nif then either kimy or the user can chose to add them or not.

Same would be cool for the bell. It looks a bit weird in the current style/setting of DD :P  But for people who are more into the 'animal side' I guess it might be a nice touch.

On 8/15/2022 at 9:37 PM, naaitsab said:

Would like to suggest adding a bit more "roughed" metal for the texture. So it would fit the other devices a bit more. Also not keen on the "impalement" thingy, the suggested bar behind the achilles heel would look a lot better imho.

Forgot to reply to this one. The current textures are basically a placeholder before i come up with something nicer. And with the help of @audhol i figured out that the tris count on my belt, which he kindly imported to Skyrim, is pretty low. Kind of a professional deformation on my part as i'm trying to over-optimize meshes while trying to retain the basic shapes.
Btw, by a popular demand:

Spoiler

image.png.8832cf9e31fc1cb412f26e887e752e59.png

Don't pay attention at the fact that meshes crudly clipping - i'll fix that as i'll move to low polying.

59 minutes ago, paparebbe said:

Btw, by a popular demand

That looks very nice, thank you!

I would, of course I would, prefer this to have a sleek, stylish stiletto heel instead of that hoof-like baseplate, but I see the advantage of this for cross-skyrim running.

4 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

That looks very nice, thank you!

I would, of course I would, prefer this to have a sleek, stylish stiletto heel instead of that hoof-like baseplate, but I see the advantage of this for cross-skyrim running.

I'm trying to make it all in one style with bent rods. But if you have any ideas how to keep the style and make it nicer-looking - feel free to share!

13 minutes ago, paparebbe said:

I'm trying to make it all in one style with bent rods. But if you have any ideas how to keep the style and make it nicer-looking - feel free to share!

You could make it a loop and remove the plate but then it would look very much like the "zaria" heels (with the ring as a heel). So I would keep the feet part at least. Perhaps try a stiletto heel by using a few rods that come together at the bottom and ditch the part after the plate?

Red = new bars. Brown = remove.

Untitled.jpg.4861e6b1eefc662b61ba15019a4e6576.jpg

Edited by naaitsab

Hello, I've installed DD 5.2 (the latest beta) and started a new game a few days ago, but I've been running into an issue: Whenever a piercing/plug vibration event triggers (regardless if it is from other mod or not), it persists endlessly (both the sound effects and animations themselves) until I save the game, quit and load it again. No other message is shown in-game after it starts.

With DD 5.1, i've had no issues with vibration effects, and they normally stopped after some time.

I don't know if it is related to some DD mod or script lag of sorts, but I'm sharing here a Papyrus log just in case someone can point to what may be causing this issue.

Papyrus.0.log

Edited by Vaccinated Alligator
3 hours ago, paparebbe said:

i figured out that the tris count on my belt, which he kindly imported to Skyrim, is pretty low.

FYI The gag I just made has 17506 triangles

The belt I had made for that other framework had 37204 triangles

The iron belt contained in DD has 7692 (The origional meshes in DD are top drawer for their simplistic elegance)

Your belt has 3776 so yeah you can definately be less optimised and get more detail into your mesh without hitting any limitations on the game engine.

5 hours ago, Vaccinated Alligator said:

Hello, I've installed DD 5.2 (the latest beta) and started a new game a few days ago, but I've been running into an issue: Whenever a piercing/plug vibration event triggers (regardless if it is from other mod or not), it persists endlessly (both the sound effects and animations themselves) until I save the game, quit and load it again. No other message is shown in-game after it starts.

With DD 5.1, i've had no issues with vibration effects, and they normally stopped after some time.

I don't know if it is related to some DD mod or script lag of sorts, but I'm sharing here a Papyrus log just in case someone can point to what may be causing this issue.

Papyrus.0.log 34.4 MB · 0 downloads

What arousal mod are you using? I recall having this issue was with SexLab Aroused Modular when I tried it out.

15 hours ago, Vaccinated Alligator said:

Papyrus.0.log 34.4 MB · 0 downloads

Urk. That is one borked log right here. 1Mb per minute is too much, I think. You probably have severe script lag. Also, it either doesn't have any normal gameplay messages, or I can't find them between errors. Even mod init on game load doesn't finish. My guess is, this save is already broken.

13 hours ago, zarantha said:

What arousal mod are you using? I recall having this issue was with SexLab Aroused Modular when I tried it out.

The Bakafactory version here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SlvS2KRY6UscQisro8GEskwCCKg4Wa3G/view

3 hours ago, DeWired said:

Urk. That is one borked log right here. 1Mb per minute is too much, I think. You probably have severe script lag. Also, it either doesn't have any normal gameplay messages, or I can't find them between errors. Even mod init on game load doesn't finish. My guess is, this save is already broken.

I play the game with 550 mods installed and the only moments I notice visible script lags are in highly crowded places like walled cities. That said, I've been toning down some settings in the mods I've installed to reduce the script lag (such as enabling DCL low performance mode).

Also, I've reverted back to a previous save and cleaned it from DD and all mods that have it as a hard requirement, then reinstalled everything. Problem vanished for now. Now I'm going to check possible gameplay conflicts (for example: having DCL guard arrest enabled while also being a Public Whore in the city).

1 hour ago, Vaccinated Alligator said:

I play the game with 550 mods installed and the only moments I notice visible script lags are in highly crowded places like walled cities. That said, I've been toning down some settings in the mods I've installed to reduce the script lag (such as enabling DCL low performance mode).

Also, I've reverted back to a previous save and cleaned it from DD and all mods that have it as a hard requirement, then reinstalled everything. Problem vanished for now. Now I'm going to check possible gameplay conflicts (for example: having DCL guard arrest enabled while also being a Public Whore in the city).

Hm.. You know, it can be a good idea to check after each game session for stack dumps in log (just search for "Dumping stack"). It should provide a better starting point for debugging. As I understand it, normal gameplay shouldn't have any, even with script lag, so transition from "no dumps" to "dumps appear" should mark a problem appearance.

EDIT: Hm. This is (almost) blind shot... But maybe your problem lies in combination of your setup and DD gag. Namely, what happens when gag is removed from player. Combination of calls within DD and restored potions triggering your other mods can be a source. You can try to check it by placing many different potions in inventory and then locking and unlocking gag.

Edited by DeWired
had an idea