Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

19 minutes ago, naaitsab said:

The strap near the eyes looks a bit off being so narrow. Is that due to clipping issues?

You mean the upside down Y bit around the nose? I just tried to get as close to the origional as posible whilst using the skyrim head.

Spoiler

631853603_NewOutfit_-OutfitStudio17_08_202220_59_56.png.3743c3419ff46608d44644ef4086b1aa.pngPVC-Muzzle-Gag-with-Lips-bon160-3.jpg.a15b56495a3b43b5586839f17a53a6cb.jpg

On 8/15/2022 at 12:59 PM, audhol said:

Guys can I get some feedback before I texture this please, Should I add locks to each buckle? Is there anything you would like to see change?

And Kimy would you like all the DD colours for this? Black\Red\White leather, ebonite and transparent (perhaps a pink too?) Do you want me to make an esl with all the texture sets so you can just copy them over or is it easier for you if I create the armor and addons with appropriate keywords?

Reveal hidden contents

Looks great so far!

Having all the standard colors would be great, but it's not a requirement for new devices to go in. I'd love having a ESP with all the new Texture Sets, AA etc. and tagged with the keywords, so I can easily merge it into DD, but it's not a requirement, either. :)

8 minutes ago, Kimy said:

I'd love having a ESP with all the new Texture Sets, AA etc. and tagged with the keywords, so I can easily merge it into DD

Clint Eastwood Hat Tip GIF - A Fistful Of Dollars Clint Eastwood Man With No Name GIFs

No problem, I built to the scale of the large ball gag so I assume that the keyword zad_DeviousGagLarge doesnt block the use of zad_PermitOral? What does zad_DialGagHard  signify?

Colours so far I have Black\White\Red Leather Black\Pink\TransBlack ebonite using the same environment masks as current items, so I guess we just need Red and White ebonite right? I can't work out how your getting your transparency so my transparent doesnt match yours. ESP will be built in the SE version of CK but all data will be run through CAO to make it LE compatible, as long as I dont flag my ESP as an ESL it shouldnt be a problem I think.

10 hours ago, audhol said:

Colours so far I have Black\White\Red Leather

A word on the leather: I don't like it. In my opinion it's too dull/matt as if it's velours (I think that's called suede in english) and not as shiny as nappa, which would always be my choice of leather. And I think the straps need either a sharper edge (when it's cut from one thick leather piece) or some stitching. But with stitching would come more stitches and no rivets at the loops. Uhmm.

I'm just nitpicking, it's nice as it is.

2 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

A word on the leather: I don't like it. In my opinion it's too dull/matt as if it's velours

You have to be aware that outfit studio does quite a poor job of simulating how the lighting engine of skyrim renders things. I have tried to keep as close to possible to other DD leather items by using the same cubemaps and emiisive multipliers. The difference ingame should be quite small its just that the textures in DD assets\expansion  are mostly using detail in the diffuse whereas I use more detail in the normal to create the texture. I do appreciate all comments so once I pack it all up and you can see it ingame then I can always change things after.

Here is my black leather next to the DD posture collar. Plus a sneaky-peaky at my new locks?

Spoiler

398830132_NewOutfit_-OutfitStudio18_08_202210_09_49.png.1dd242671cd2ee88f9fb25f6cf382549.png2080092000_NewOutfit_-OutfitStudio18_08_202210_10_11.png.ded5bb7bb83f4e50a5294ee586504a85.png

Ooopsie, i wrote my reply, and then noticed i was away too long and there are several new pages of comments since.
Well, i wrote it, so i am going to post it, hoping it won't end up too out of place.

On 8/9/2022 at 3:09 PM, Princessity said:

Hiiiiii! I'm terribly sorry for what zadBoundCombatScript has put you through! Please forgive me >.< I'm the one who's responsible for the cumbersome, overcomplicated mess it has been for... how many years now? Ooops... XD

I am not complaining ? I know many things are often the way they are just because there was no better option, etc. (and welcome back! it is very nice to see you here again)

I've checked out your FNIS -> DAR converter too and it totally blew my mind! It has 0 delay when switching between animation overrides, the entire script becomes basically redundant and I imagine I could simply delete the behaviour files to reduce the strain on FNIS/Nemesis down to 0 as well. Which is amazing because FNIS AA maintenance used to be the most fragile and demanding of all DD functions; it always terrified me to have like 10 seconds of vulnerability to disaster if anything else called FNIS at the same time.

Yes, as you mentioned, to get all the benefits of moving DD from FNIS AA to DAR, you should also regenerate the Behavior files without the FNIS AA stuff (and make appropriate changes to the zadBoundCombatScript).

As far as I'm concerned, DAR makes FNIS AA completely redundant. I cannot imagine a single reason to retain the archaic FNIS implementation of the same thing, but significantly worse.

So I'm a little puzzled. Why do you want to keep FNIS AA as an option? Unless I'm missing something, all that such a legacy option would do is inflate the FOMOD installation process and give users a bad choice they shouldn't even consider now that DAR has completely superseded it.

Is there anything I could do to help erase all traces of FNIS AA from DD and put those embarrassing past mistakes behind me so we could all pretend it never happened? ^^

I think it is mostly @Kimy who wished to keep DAR optional, and it makes sense to me (especially at the beginning, but i can imagine it could be used as a default later, maybe).
Not all users want to use DAR, and i do not like to force users to change their ways if it is not strictly necessary.
Also, introducing another dependency comes with potential risks.

None of us has any control over DAR development. I didn't even find its source code publicly available anywhere. What if its author disappears one day and there won't be anybody who can recompile/publish an updated version of DAR in case Bethesda pushes out another update.
So, keeping FNIS AA solution in working state, so it can be swapped back instantly (as opposed to waiting if/until DAR becomes unusable, and then hurry to implement FNIS AA again) seems like a good idea.
That being said, the above should only apply as long as maintaining both solutions at the same time isn't making things too difficult (i don't think it does).

To everybody:
I am sorry i am taking so long with the DAR patch, but it looks like i may have enough time to finish it and test it during the next week. Fingers crossed.

(btw. i do not have any sort of "exclusive right" on doing anything, so please, if there is anyone willing to do this and think they may finish it sooner, then don't wait for me :))

Had to edit the properties of the zad script in SSEdit to link the rendered to the inventory as my SE CK had errors opening the script, not a big deal but if anyone knows what I need to be able to do it all on CK it'd be mighty handy (arousal source scripts maybe?)

Just the 4 ebonite and 4 leather lip gags for now, Didn't add the transparent versions yet, also to replace the lips with a ring or ball will require a bit of modification to the nif so it will be a seperate thing.

DeviousMuzzleGagsAE_SE.7z

DeviousMuzzleGagsLE.7z

Spoiler

1523583524_SkyrimSpecialEdition18_08_202213_59_00.png.3eea98c3d902a42bcc026e29b2613422.png1357076818_SkyrimSpecialEdition18_08_202214_36_58.png.b642d716d157e0490962970eaeed1b7f.png1817403130_SkyrimSpecialEdition18_08_202214_46_44.png.2f9a393d00365ca8368406e22994bc61.png604009769_SkyrimSpecialEdition18_08_202214_49_56.png.553be9056431d94675dfb7a0db1e1994.png121266998_SkyrimSpecialEdition18_08_202214_56_01.png.72bab46f90d6e2f5ec8f0174e55025c1.png

p.s.

Just noticed in the description "displayed to anyone" should be "displayed to everyone" anyway @Kimy feel free to change whatever you like and if you would like me to change\remove\add anything just say.

p.p.s

Hair is a real issue do you think maybe adding a wig that doesnt clip with gags and overwrites the players current hair might be an option, I believe its possible to get the value for current hair colour and apply it to the wig.

3 hours ago, Roggvir said:

I think it is mostly @Kimy who wished to keep DAR optional, and it makes sense to me (especially at the beginning, but i can imagine it could be used as a default later, maybe).

Not all users want to use DAR, and i do not like to force users to change their ways if it is not strictly necessary.
Also, introducing another dependency comes with potential risks.

None of us has any control over DAR development. I didn't even find its source code publicly available anywhere. What if its author disappears one day and there won't be anybody who can recompile/publish an updated version of DAR in case Bethesda pushes out another update.
So, keeping FNIS AA solution in working state, so it can be swapped back instantly (as opposed to waiting if/until DAR becomes unusable, and then hurry to implement FNIS AA again) seems like a good idea.
That being said, the above should only apply as long as maintaining both solutions at the same time isn't making things too difficult (i don't think it does).

That's pretty much my reasoning behind wanting to keep DAR optional for now. Barring unforeseen implementation issues, keeping around FNIS-AA for a while doesn't cost us anything, and it will give people time to shift to DAR and keep a fallback around that's known to work. Ok, mostly! :D 

3 hours ago, audhol said:

Had to edit the properties of the zad script in SSEdit to link the rendered to the inventory as my SE CK had errors opening the script, not a big deal but if anyone knows what I need to be able to do it all on CK it'd be mighty handy (arousal source scripts maybe?)

Yes, you'd need the unpacked/non-BSA version of Arousal to compile DD scripts.

Just noticed in the description "displayed to anyone" should be "displayed to everyone" anyway @Kimy feel free to change whatever you like and if you would like me to change\remove\add anything just say.

I'd say let's give people a few days to test the devices and see what feedback they come up with. If there are no serious issues, I'd merge the files for the next DD beta update! :)

17 hours ago, audhol said:

Just the 4 ebonite and 4 leather lip gags for now

Looking good on the screenshots, don't work on LE (DD5 beta6)

The gag seems to be missing some property for movement. When the PC idles, just a slight swaying that is, the gag stand rock still and doesn't follow that movement. When I'm running, the gag lags behind.

On the other hand: The mouth is open, as it should be, and I don't mind if the hairdo is clipping.

Spoiler

Gag not idling:

ScreenShot34877.jpg.b3cb469a6538882c7f029a26abf9a553.jpg

Spoiler

Gag trailing behind when running:

ScreenShot34873.jpg.b88b2fd6c5f12988a40b8676d135525c.jpg

8 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

The gag seems to be missing some property for movement.

Hmm thanks for testing, I just converted the SE stuff using CAO so maybe theres a different bone on LE, I'll look into it and try to fix the issue.

Edit;

Yeah strange for some reason the npc head bone was missing on the LE version, this should fix it,

DeviousMuzzleGagsLE.7z

Edited by audhol

Yeah strange for some reason the npc head bone was missing on the LE version, this should fix it

Thank you! Yes, this works!

Unfortunately, now there are 3 clipping issues.

1st and most obvious: the chin protudes through the chin strap. Might just be for the face of my PC. I know that the rubber hood always needs some adjustment in racemenu, so this should be fixable on user side. (although not tested yet)

2nd - the upper teeth clip through the inner tube

3rd - the lower lip (and teeth?) clip through the tube.

In a scene:

Spoiler

ScreenShot34887.jpg.2b49ef74839c355d2ec2e612e253b9e3.jpg

Camera clipping though face and gag for a better view:

Spoiler

ScreenShot34894.jpg.199353f58cbd075dedee6f0750264aa4.jpg

Nitpiciking just for testing purposes. UNP body, if that makes any difference for the head. LE, DD5.2beta6

For a blowjob this gag works perfectly ? and great job on the lining and the locks!

42 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Unfortunately, now there are 3 clipping issues.

I guess I should have tested it with more face presets, your chin sticks way out at the bottom. I guess I could thicken up the bottom of the muzzle part to hide any clipping and also thicken the tube part of the lips. I'll ping you when I upload the next version be gratefull if you could test it again please.

With the prospect of DCL being worked on shortly, I thought I'd make a consolidated bug report/request list here.

Bugs:

• In DCL LE (only), sometimes when bulk-unequipping quest items, it will fail to unequip some items.  This primarily occurs with a lot of items, namely in the Cursed Collar and Leon (Obsidian) questline.  This is likely a performance limitation of LE, but I feel like it should check for successful removals before moving on.
  • In both LE and SE when opening a chest with a lot of loot (namely an ornate chest), you can often loot it multiple times.  You will only get the 'vanilla' loot once, but you'll get the DD items multiple times by spamming E and R as fast as you can.  This was done using Better Boss Loot (or equivalent), so it may be related to large-quantity chest drops only.
  • The Cursed Collar quest can send you to the same location twice in a row or the same location multiple times on one run.  Recommend keeping a short log of visited locations that clears out once you equip the final piece.
  • The Cursed Collar quest does not properly reset once it has been done once.  It looks like it is designed to be repeatable, however the keys will not properly repopulate on the second attempt, nor will the doors to get to the mage be unlocked by default.
  • In DCL SE, the chains you get while wearing the "premium" gear sometimes cause a CTD.  This is partly an HDT issue.
  • In DCL, the Cursed Collar never seems to be found in cursed chests, even when it is set to be the only possible item to find.
  • One of the collars shows a message in the upper left that you equipped a slave collar, but it's actually a different collar.  It's either the Striptease or the Slut collar.  I know that i's one of the ones that also starts with an 'S'.
  • While wearing the Slave Gag, you can't talk to people (which seems to make sense), however, this also prevents events like locking more gear on you, or locking your rubber gloves together.
  • Most of the furniture doesn't seem to have animations associated with it.
  • Deviously Vanilla compatibility updates.  Specifically, I think that the Masque of Clavius Vile may have issues with DD.
  • Known issue: Straightjackets are a pain to remove after the last DD update broke their integration with DCL.

Requests:

• Dragon-specific DCL questline.
  • After absorbing a dragon's soul, the player's arousal is increased up to 90 and any plugs and piercings they are wearing activate.
  • High chance of dragon-themed cursed loot when looting the dragon if the player does not first remove their arousal.
  • When you do the final stage of the "Bound Queen" questline, your new master adds plugs to your outfit to incentivize your return.
  • The panel gag for the Cursed Collar automatically replugs itself - just like the Slave Gag.
  • Expanded Cursed Collar quest.
  • Consolidate the arm and leg bindings for the Cursed Collar quest into one chest, not two.
  • Change the armbinder to an elbowbinder for the Cursed Collar quest.
  • Add the 'shock' function to the boots given in the Cursed Collar quest (like the slave boots have).  The tooltip indicates that they should be doing this already.
  • User a bigger gag for the Cursed Collar quest.
  • Would like to see a more verbose description of the Slave Collar when equipped, like you get with the Whore Collar.  EG: "You have equipped a slave collar!  You will need to have sex # times and wear it for at least # days!"
  • I would prefer the 'shock' settings to set your arousal to 50 or so, not 0.
  • The "lock menu when tired" options should be disabled by default.
  • The player can currently give themselves inescapable items using console commands (or bugs like occurs in the LE variant).  There should be a special key that one can give themselves that will unlock any item, even quest items as a failsafe for when the player fucks up, or a quest fails to unequip an unequipable device.
  • Fix the "College" bookcase quest and merge it into DCL, maybe even rework it (never played the original myself).  I know some people don't like it because it contains 'rape' but, frankly, if they have a problem with this in their DCL experience, they maybe shouldn't be playing DCL, given that a significant number of chests assault the player on the regular.  
  • Merge Devious Regulars into the DD family.  I've attached the most recent consolidated version of the mod here.  It's pretty old at this point and isn't SE compatible, but does work in LE.
  • More options to start the game in bondage, like the "Princess" questline, preferably longer ones too, like in DCW where you are basically forced to wear a belt for a while.
  • An option to enable fast travel while doing the introductory DCL questline.
  • Less 'random' cursed devices.  When equipping devices, the mod should try to match them all to a color scheme and if the player is already wearing some, match color to what the player is already wearing, or at least contrast it appropriately to avoid looking like a clown.
  • CC++ After 'completing' the current Cursed Collar questline, the player is offered another collar.  Collar goes into the players inventory and they can choose to put it on at any point after to accept the new questline.  This one is removable, but reequips itself after a set time (like the slave gag).  It also has other features that the player will have to find out.  Possibly randomly equipping items on the player?  Cursed Collar questline part 2. 
  • Since we already have options that make us 'want' to tie ourselves up in DCL, why not add an option that makes us want to plug ourselves or wear a chastity belt as well under the selfbondage options?
  • Questlines that use "The Veil", "The Silencer", and "The Choker".
  • A collar that adds cursed loot when hit.  Could expand the existing collar that removes clothing on hit to add DD items after the player is fully nude.
  • More DCL quests.  My personal favorite is the Cursed Collar, and would love to see more of the same or even expand that one.
  • Merge Deviously Vanilla into the DD family and expand on it.

Devious Regulations.zip

Edited by ChandraArgentis
Adding additional bug related to the slave gag and event dialogs.
47 minutes ago, ChandraArgentis said:

I thought I'd make a consolidated bug report/request list here.

There are a few bug report and suggestion posts made by people (myself included!) in both the LE and SE DCL threads, which by now have been buried several pages back. I was planning on revisiting it once beta for it officially starts. I'm pretty sure it won't be going on in this thread though.

I think everyone has their own ideas of what would be nice because DCL is the best mod out there. I, for one would have uninstalled the game a long time ago if it didn't exist.

@ChandraArgentis

DD is a framework and does not ship with any of it's "own" mods. You are free to do redux versions of the mods you mention if you have permission to or is abandonware, but I don't see why they should be put in DD and so also being maintained. That's a bad idea imho and I guess Kimy is not really keen on adding even more mods to the support list. DCL has it's own support thread so don't really think it's fitting to discuss it in detail. I do like your idea about the dragon stuff, besides a "trap trigger" it's also a good starting point for a quest.

And regarding the old DD quest (Devious Deviants) I'm currently working at a slow pace with it's original creator to give it a new lease of life. But it won't become part of the framework again for above reasons. One of the short quests has new content and the main quest will just get fixes and optimisations. At least that is my plan for the first release.

Edited by naaitsab
2 hours ago, ChandraArgentis said:

After absorbing a dragon's soul, the player's arousal is increased up to 90 and any plugs and piercings they are wearing activate.

I did almost exactly that (except it's a guaranteed orgasm if the PC is out of combat) for Submissive Lola: The Resubmission.  It wasn't hard to do, since dragon soul absorption fires a story event.  Conceptually, it's not that different from having plugs vibrate on spell cast or when riding.  It's a better fit for Devious Devices than a submissive slave mod, and I'd love to see it included in DD.  I'd suggested that to Kimy some time back, but I don't think she was interested in doing it.

58 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

I did almost exactly that (except it's a guaranteed orgasm if the PC is out of combat) for Submissive Lola: The Resubmission.  It wasn't hard to do, since dragon soul absorption fires a story event.  Conceptually, it's not that different from having plugs vibrate on spell cast or when riding.  It's a better fit for Devious Devices than a submissive slave mod, and I'd love to see it included in DD.  I'd suggested that to Kimy some time back, but I don't think she was interested in doing it.

I will add it to the to-do list! :)

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

Conceptually, it's not that different from having plugs vibrate on spell cast or when riding.

Honestly, I'm still shocked that no one has made a working horse+sybian fusion mod, Where you hop on a horse saddle with built-in dildo(s) that effectively fuck you as you ride.  I mean, I've seen one where you make orgasm noises when you aren't moving or something, or really old ones that don't work any more.  I'm just ... surprised that this isn't really a thing that's done.

21 minutes ago, bubbadogslaw said:

Has 5.2 Beta 7 been released for SE yet?

Yes, but I couldn't tell you where to find it.  I'm running 5.2 beta 7.7.  I think it was on the front page of either this thread or the DD thread under betas or something.

Honestly, the betas are a pain to find.  I honestly wish that there were an entry on the first post or the main post of the DD page linking to them.  I'd especially love it if the front page of THIS posting would be have direct links to all Kimy's posts of all the versions that have come out so far.

Edited by ChandraArgentis
51 minutes ago, Kimy said:

I will add it to the to-do list!

It turns out that my memory was faulty about the story event.  I had to catch the dragon absorption event with polling, but it's done without modifying vanilla scripts.

You might find a better implementation, but this is what I did.  If the player chooses to have vibration on dragon soul absorption, the mod adds a hidden constant-effect spell to the PC.  The spell's magic effect watches for absorption.

This is a modified version of the script, where I've removed references to my mod's main script and copied over two functions from that main script.  This script won't compile because it lacks references to a few keywords and the SL Aroused arousal faction that my version was getting from the main script, but these are already available in the DD scripts so it should be easy to replace those references.  Feel free to use any of this if it helps.

Spoiler

scriptName vkjDragonDeathEffect extends ActiveMagicEffect
{ Vibrate player strongly on dragon death if wearing vibrating devices }

Actor Property PlayerRef auto
zadLibs Property zlib auto
Quest Property KillDragonQuest auto

MQKillDragonScript killDragonScript
bool isAbsorbing
bool endVib

Event OnEffectStart(actor akTarget, actor akCaster)
    killDragonScript = KillDragonQuest as MQKillDragonScript
    RegisterForSingleUpdate(6)
EndEvent

Event OnUpdate()
    RegisterForSingleUpdate(6)
    if !KillDragonQuest.IsRunning()
        return
    endif

if endVib
        endVib = false
        zlib.StopVibrating(PlayerRef)
    endif

if isAbsorbing
        if killDragonScript.bIsAbsorbing
            UpdateExposure(PlayerRef, 20)
        else
            ; Dragon soul absorption ended
            isAbsorbing = false
            Debug.Notification("Your vibrating devices pulse with power")
            zlib.SetVibrating(PlayerRef, 120); Ensure that it doesn't end too soon
            endVib = true
            RegisterForSingleUpdate(30)
        endif
    else
        if killDragonScript.bIsAbsorbing
            ; Dragon soul absorption has commenced
            if !PlayerRef.IsInCombat() && vibrateCheck(PlayerRef)
                isAbsorbing = true
                RegisterForSingleUpdate(11)
                Utility.Wait(5); Absorption effects take a few seconds to start
                ; Get the player fired up
                if PlayerRef.GetFactionRank(SLAFaction) < 90
                    zlib.Aroused.SetActorExposure(PlayerRef, 90)
                endif
                Debug.Notification("Your vibrating devices go wild!")
                zlib.VibrateEffect(PlayerRef, vibStrength=5, duration=120, teaseOnly=false, silent=true)
            endif
        endif
    endif
EndEvent

bool Function vibrateCheck(actor act)
    if zlib.IsVibrating(act)
        return false
    endif
    if act.WornHasKeyword(KwEffectLively) || act.WornHasKeyword(KwEffectVeryLively)
        return true
    endIf
    return false
EndFunction

; Set an exposure value (rather than updating) to avoid scaling by exposure rate, so players will get what they expect.
Function UpdateExposure(Actor who, int delta)
    int newExposure = who.GetFactionRank(zlib.Aroused.slaExposure) + delta
    zlib.Aroused.SetActorExposure(who, newExposure)
EndFunction