Devious Devices Framework Development/Beta

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

It turns out that my memory was faulty about the story event.  I had to catch the dragon absorption event with polling, but it's done without modifying vanilla scripts.

You might find a better implementation, but this is what I did.  If the player chooses to have vibration on dragon soul absorption, the mod adds a hidden constant-effect spell to the PC.  The spell's magic effect watches for absorption.

This is a modified version of the script, where I've removed references to my mod's main script and copied over two functions from that main script.  This script won't compile because it lacks references to a few keywords and the SL Aroused arousal faction that my version was getting from the main script, but these are already available in the DD scripts so it should be easy to replace those references.  Feel free to use any of this if it helps.

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks, that should help! :)

10 hours ago, ChandraArgentis said:

Deviously Vanilla compatibility updates.  Specifically, I think that the Masque of Clavius Vile may have issues with DD.

Devious Vanilla does not check the state of player when trigger devices. Therefor if you running around in full DD then all DV quest will break. As I love the mod I have to remove it cuz the compatibility is very much not working. Shame that no one adopt it.

2 hours ago, audhol said:

Captain Joe and anyone else, narrowed the lip "tunnel" and thivkened the muzzle under the chin, also made a transparent version of the 4 colours but I dont really like how it looks so will probably remove it.

Yes, looks much better for me, no more clipping. In understand your concerns about the transparent parts: there should be more strain visible in the face, but I don't think that's feasible in Skyrim.

The black looks best in my opinion.

Spoiler

ScreenShot34951.jpg.938d2a1ca04f17ffbdaa33f3b8b7fbad.jpg

There is still something looking weird when looking inside the sheath under a certain angle. Something black - is that the lower jaw, the place where the tongue would be, if this was a human? And something white - are we looking inside the head and seeing nothing? Dunno if anything can be done here, just wanted to report it.

Spoiler

ScreenShot34964.jpg.301cd49b1b87cfc6c7068a1b7820ac16.jpg

The metal parts of the buckles could be slightly bigger in diameter, not as much as the ring parts, but they seem to be a bit fiddly. Same for the shackles of the padlocks, there's so much space left in the locking rings of the buckles. Easy for me to say that, I have no idea how much work that would be, and if it's worth the effort.

And making a big wish: HDT for the locks and the bell, maybe even with a sound ? But I fear we have no bones left, and if we had, my machine would die anyway.

33 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

There is still something looking weird when looking inside the sheath under a certain angle.

I got no clue what that white thingy is on your screenshot, on my 3BA AE head the tube hides everything and in certain lighting I can see inside the mouth. I think I could make the tube a tiny biit smaller and then it might conform to the mouth size for everyone.

35 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

The metal parts of the buckles could be slightly bigger in diameter, not as much as the ring parts, but they seem to be a bit fiddly

Yeah looking at your screenshots I think your right. I think the loocks could be bigger overall.

36 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

And making a big wish: HDT for the locks and the bell, maybe even with a sound

The locks would be a big overkill but maybe possible to link them all to the same bone so they bounce the same, adding a bone to the bell would be fairly simple; The problem is..............

I know how to add and weigh bones and customise the XML for SMP however I don't think SMP is a thing for LE is it? So either I can make a bouncy SE only nif or it would need some LE user to change the bone weighting and xml over to HDT.

The bell sound yeah I could add a little jingly-jangly loop on movement but I don't know if its something that @Kimy would want on a merged item?

36 minutes ago, audhol said:

I got no clue what that white thingy is on your screenshot, on my 3BA AE head the tube hides everything and in certain lighting I can see inside the mouth. I think I could make the tube a tiny biit smaller and then it might conform to the mouth size for everyone.

Maybe wait for some other's responses? Though I have the impression that no-one is really interested in testing...

38 minutes ago, audhol said:

Yeah looking at your screenshots I think you're right. I think the loocks could be bigger overall.

?

39 minutes ago, audhol said:
1 hour ago, CaptainJ03 said:

And making a big wish: HDT for the locks and the bell, maybe even with a sound

The locks would be a big overkill but maybe possible to link them all to the same bone so they bounce the same, adding a bone to the bell would be fairly simple; The problem is..............

I know how to add and weigh bones and customise the XML for SMP however I don't think SMP is a thing for LE is it? So either I can make a bouncy SE only nif or it would need some LE user to change the bone weighting and xml over to HDT.

Don't bother if it doesn't work for LE *grumble*

40 minutes ago, audhol said:

The bell sound yeah I could add a little jingly-jangly loop on movement but I don't know if its something that @Kimy would want on a merged item?

There already is the chain plug with a bell, that has a cowbell sound. I like it so much that sometimes I put it in just for fun - and it doesn't hamper sneaking ?

59 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Maybe wait for some other's responses? Though I have the impression that no-one is really interested in testing...

To be fair 1 good tester that points out issues without complaining or insisting they get what they want is better than 10 bad ones.

happy kenneth williams GIF

Edited by audhol

I'm sorry to post this here but I have an unrelated question. There seem to be a lot of folks who are good with moding who follow this thread and I assume have an extensive knowledge of Creation Kit.

I'm wondering if there is someone who knows a bit about it who I can ask a few questions to in PM. My questions specifically focus around NPCs and scripting their actions. I really can't find any good help on google.

I give up, I'm not as clever as I thought I was and I cant get the Ding-a-Ling to work.

I created 3 sound descriptors and 3 sound markers (slow medium and fast) for the bell sounds.

I cloned the zadx_SndEffectSuitSoundSlow\medium\fast and linked the bell sounds to each magic effect

I cloned and added 3 extra effects to zad_enchGag object effect then linked each of the magic effects I created to the 3 new effects and gave them conditions based on movement speed.

Finaly I replaced the zad_enchGag attached to the rendered of each gag with the new object effect I created.

IT DOESN'T WORK?

Please can someone who knows what they are doing look at it or tell me what I have done wrong??

On the plus side I have replaced the buckles and locks so if @CaptainJ03 gets the chance to have a look for me as vortex decided to delete my 600gb mods folder from the last 6 years simply because I added a new SSD so my setup is kinda bare bones at the moment.

DeviousMuzzleGagsAE_SE.7z

DeviousMuzzleGagsLE.7z

12 hours ago, audhol said:

I give up, I'm not as clever as I thought I was and I cant get the Ding-a-Ling to work.

IT DOESN'T WORK?

Damn, that would have been so nice.

Still some issues, and a new one (or maybe just overlooked, as it's not that prominent in the black variant):

There's a 1px horizontal line in the Lips Insert (and the bloody teeth are still clipping)

Spoiler

ScreenShot35016.jpg.b55210af0dc694d228e4ab1bbad1faa6.jpg

A word on the transparent Lips Insert: I don't like it. And with the broken/ cut-in-half ring below, it looks even weirder.

For my taste, I'd rather go with black transparent straps and chin piece, but leave the lips opaque.

Spoiler

ScreenShot35004.jpg.4b4e2119af0724bddfd3f11c8a7fc30e.jpg

I think the locks are too big now (though I like the engraving) - your ears would bleed after the first mile or so. The size was okay before, just the shackle could have used a wee bit more in diameter. And (nitpicking again) the shackle should go perpendicular into the body, otherwise you'd need a longish hole that would make shimming too easy. What? No, I'm not into bondage myself, I just read it somewhere!!!

Anyone else encountered this? I've noticed that the iron ring slave boots are invisible when equipped. Using latest beta version, UUNP body. Can't quite put my finger on it why, though I've found this earlier post about potentially the same issue:

On 6/29/2022 at 7:19 PM, DeWired said:

So, it seams like a problem: Iron Ring Slave Boots don't have BodySlide records for UUNP body, even at 5.2beta6, and I hadn't found any instances of them having such records in other versions (5.1, 5.0, 4.3). In CBBE, they go as

<SliderSet name="DD - CBBE - IronSlaveBoots">

in /CalienteTools/BodySlide/SliderSets/DD - CBBE.osp.

File formed is meshes/devious/expansion/ZariaBoot7_0.nif, used for Armor Addon zadx_bootsAA.

It causes problems for Cursed Loot, as this exact model is used for Prisoner Leg Restraints.

27 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Damn, that would have been so nice.

I'm not giving up on it, its a good idea. If noone here can fix the issue I'll find a different way to do it.

27 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

There's a 1px horizontal line in the Lips Insert (and the bloody teeth are still clipping)

Thats where the seam is I tried a lot of different ways of unwrapping it and that was the least impactfull in terms of visuals, I guess I could look at it again.

As for the teeth When this multiplayer mod becomes a thing I'm going to find your character and pull all her bloody teeth out then she'll have to go on the wartimes high protein liquid diet!

Grrr ok I'll make the opening a bit smaller.

30 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

A word on the transparent Lips Insert: I don't like it.

You know I think I'm just going to remove all the transparent versions, its not like theres any nice lady bits hidden underneath and it never looked good to start with.

31 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

I think the locks are too big now

Maybe, the lock angle relative to the body is to avoid clipping between the shank and the buckle hole. I'll play with it a bit more.

33 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

What? No, I'm not into bondage myself, I just read it somewhere!!!

Spock Encerio GIF

14 hours ago, audhol said:

IT DOESN'T WORK?

Please can someone who knows what they are doing look at it or tell me what I have done wrong??

3 things:

1. You set up the magic conditions wrong. IsMoving returns 0 when not moving, and 1-4 when moving, depending on movement direction, front, back, left right. Also, IsMoving is greater than 0 while running and sprinting, and IsRunning returns true while sprinting.

2. You didn't fill the script properties on the magic effects.

3. You set the sound descriptors to be loops, not individual sounds.

The bell effect should now be working properly.

DeviousMuzzleGags.esp

(Sorry in advance my english %$#*)

Idk if that was answered or fixed, i didnt read all the comments.

For the people who had the mcm problem that wont show up, i found a solution : In a new save finish your character without editing nothing, you can comeback to editing with the command showracemenu after anyways. Then spam the mod configuration and check for devious device mcm if you're fast enough it will load and you wont have any problem later. If you miss it (like you see devious device click and the mcm dont load ) then start a new game and be faster Lol. Well for me that was my solution idk what is the problem really. I think it depend on your modlist, it seems that if you dont load the devious devices mcm before other mod are loaded it wont show up for the rest of your game (for my case). 

47 minutes ago, tricktrick1234 said:

For the people who had the mcm problem that wont show up....

A process that has been suggested elsewhere is to save and reload a few times.  Start the game, wait a minute or two, save, load, wait a minute or two, and repeat.  Eventually, all the moving parts find each other.  My personal preference is to start a game in stages, like building a house from the ground up.  At first, I'll only enable the mods needed to create a character.  Wait for those mods to finish starting up, save, then enable non-adult mods, load, wait for those mods to finish initializing, and save.  Next, enable SexLab, Devious Devices, and other core adult mods, wait for them to initialize, save, then enable all other mods that I want to use.  This way, I've never had a mod or MCM fail to start.

It's expecting a lot to load a game with 200+ mods and have everything work as soon as the messages stop appearing, so players will usually have to do something to give the game a chance to settle down and stabilize before trying to do much in the game.

My process for new saves that have DD (which is all of them) never gave me any issues. Here is what I do (if you wanna do the same and encounter a mod you don't have and is not a requirement, you can probably skip it):

1. Stand completely idly after you are done creating the character. You can pop the console (~) up and down a few times to see logs to make sure things are happening. Stop after the MCM is done registring new mods, this may take more than 1 or 2 messages of "MCM finished loading X mods".

2. Open Sexlab's MCM and click the install button. Quit the MCM. Wait for the message that sexlab is ready.

3. If you plan to enable creature animations, do it now. As soon as you tick the checkbox in sexlab's MCM, it will start registering animations (can be seen in console). Wait for it to finish.

4. Open Apropos2's MCM and click the install, quit MCM and wait for it to finish.

5. Open SLAL and register all the animation you wanna register (the registring process is very visible on console, wait it out again).

6. Set all MCM settings for mods installed, excluding devious devices and anything that may depend on it (such as DCL). These ones we don't touch even if their mcms are present.

7. Save and reload. Wait for MCM to register more mods. DD should pop a message it is ready. If you have estrus chaurus, it should load at that point in time too. In general, several mods only initilalize upon loading a save, which doesn't automatically happen on a new game.

8. Set MCM settings for DD and mods that depend on it.

9. Save and reload once more to make sure that no more mods are looking for first initialization upon reloading a save (if you did everything well so far, nothing should happen)

Note: Whenever you change settings in any mod I recommend that you exit the menu and let the game go a few unpaused seconds before saving and reloading. I can't remember particular examples but some settings would "misbehave" if you change them in the menu and save and reload without giving them any "field time"

I never had to spam the MCM nor enable/disable mods in the process of starting a new game this way. In fact I think the "time wasting" here is minimal because I would have to configure all the mods the way I like them anyway

Well you never had my problem then because if i was not loading devious devices asap it wont be able to get it back later wtv what the order you load your mod, its a initiation problem but like i said, i think it all depend about how much mod you have and which one you have, i have 536 mod installed this is why i put my solution here because i have try to found a solution and that was the only one who was working.

Edited by tricktrick1234
misstyping
17 hours ago, audhol said:

I wasnt even close, Thank you for taking the time to do it and for explaining what the issues were.

Since you're more familiar with textures, do you mind giving me a hand as well? I'm having some issues with cubemaps disappearing after reloading a game. I made a thread here about it.

On 8/13/2022 at 11:26 AM, Kimy said:

There are never too many armbinders! Does this model work for both CBBE and UUNP? If yes, it will go right in! ;)

I'm having a little bit of trouble getting it finalized. This kind of modding is not exactly my forte.

If someone a bit seasoned is willing to assist, perhaps I can get it finished up. I'd love to see it added in.

On 8/13/2022 at 3:31 AM, audhol said:

What you've done is pretty nice in patching various pieces of other nifs together however you are using I think 22 different textures between the diffuse, normal, emmisive and environment. This is going to be a big strain on the engine to load all those textures ingame. Your laces shadow issue is probably coming from either the normal map or the emmisive map still having the lace outlines on it so even though you dont see it in the diffuse its on the other maps.

If you dont have texturing software you could use a paint program like gimp that can handle multiple layers, load all the textures in your using as seperate layers then just cut out the bits your using and paste them onto a seperate layer. Gimp can also create a normal map from the diffuse and emmisive is just a black and white version of the diffue with white as full reflection and black as zero. There is however a high possibility that parts of your nif will be unwrapped onto the texture in the same place.

You can use the UV\Edit function of Outfit Studio to see how each part of your nif is unwrapped onto the texture.

Hide contents

1143551673_EditUV13_08_202210_20_06.png.9999c2154cbfea107d60c7efa8f63cc8.png

Hey, you seem to know what your doing with this a touch more than I. Would you be willing to give me a hand in getting this Zipbinder finished up?

1 hour ago, Zenagia said:

Would you be willing to give me a hand in getting this Zipbinder finished up?

Of course, let me finish the muzzle gag and we'll look at it together. If you have discord hit me up there as it will be easier to swap stuff around. Audhol#4836

On 8/26/2022 at 9:32 AM, thedarkone1234 said:

My process for new saves that have DD (which is all of them) never gave me any issues. Here is what I do (if you wanna do the same and encounter a mod you don't have and is not a requirement, you can probably skip it):

1. Stand completely idly after you are done creating the character. You can pop the console (~) up and down a few times to see logs to make sure things are happening. Stop after the MCM is done registring new mods, this may take more than 1 or 2 messages of "MCM finished loading X mods".

2. Open Sexlab's MCM and click the install button. Quit the MCM. Wait for the message that sexlab is ready.

3. If you plan to enable creature animations, do it now. As soon as you tick the checkbox in sexlab's MCM, it will start registering animations (can be seen in console). Wait for it to finish.

4. Open Apropos2's MCM and click the install, quit MCM and wait for it to finish.

5. Open SLAL and register all the animation you wanna register (the registring process is very visible on console, wait it out again).

6. Set all MCM settings for mods installed, excluding devious devices and anything that may depend on it (such as DCL). These ones we don't touch even if their mcms are present.

7. Save and reload. Wait for MCM to register more mods. DD should pop a message it is ready. If you have estrus chaurus, it should load at that point in time too. In general, several mods only initilalize upon loading a save, which doesn't automatically happen on a new game.

8. Set MCM settings for DD and mods that depend on it.

9. Save and reload once more to make sure that no more mods are looking for first initialization upon reloading a save (if you did everything well so far, nothing should happen)

Note: Whenever you change settings in any mod I recommend that you exit the menu and let the game go a few unpaused seconds before saving and reloading. I can't remember particular examples but some settings would "misbehave" if you change them in the menu and save and reload without giving them any "field time"

I never had to spam the MCM nor enable/disable mods in the process of starting a new game this way. In fact I think the "time wasting" here is minimal because I would have to configure all the mods the way I like them anyway

I think your doing it the hard way. I have around 500 mods consolidated and merged down to 247. when I start a new game all I do is let it start then "esc" to show following screen, then wait a few minutes. during that time the system will catch up and all the mods will install in MCM, I then go back to check there's no more mods loading and then open MCM and start making any changes that I need to do, as some mods have JSON files and some don't. honestly you don't need to keep saving and reloading and activating mods if you do it this way. I literally only have to save once, and reload to activate estrus chaurus and DD. Estrus Chaurus wont appear until you save and reload once, and it takes a minute even then.

Skyrim menu.jpg

25 minutes ago, Maddac said:

I think your doing it the hard way. 

As far as i understand, Devious Devices is scripted in such a way on purpose that it does not initialize at the first time, it must be saved and loaded. 

If you actually somehow get it to initialize then your Skyrim is far more unstable than you think.

Edited by Zaflis