4 hours ago, no_way said:

Yeah I use KS hairdoos smp and I build the head collision object for bhunp but the hair still clips through my face.  Not sure why

But does the hair go all the way through the head or is it just a little bit ? because keep in mind that the head even if it has collision mesh does not have morphs, that is to say that the facial features of your character are generated by racemenu or others so the collision mesh is static.
This is why your character's face will never match the one you build in bodyslide, it's more like a reference or a collision approximation.
Also if you have Faster HDT-SMP installed be careful because depending on the version it can negatively affect hair collisions.
I hope you understand me well because I changed translator and in these cases it can be a million things or the simplest.?:cow:

2 hours ago, manpan22 said:

Also if you have Faster HDT-SMP installed be careful because depending on the version it can negatively affect hair collisions.

As the maintainer of one of the SMP hair mods you cited above, and a user of 3 of the other 4 SMP hair mods you cited, as well as a "devout" Faster SMP fangirl :classic_ohmy: could you please elaborate? I have not experienced any (noticeable) degradation of collisions with any of my SMP hair mods since switching to Faster HDT-SMP- maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

Please take a moment to explain what you have experienced vis-à-vis KS SMP Hairs and Faster HDT-SMP. Thanks.

22 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

As the maintainer of one of the SMP hair mods you cited above, and a user of 3 of the other 4 SMP hair mods you cited, as well as a "devout" Faster SMP fangirl :classic_ohmy: could you please elaborate? I have not experienced any (noticeable) degradation of collisions with any of my SMP hair mods since switching to Faster HDT-SMP- maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

Please take a moment to explain what you have experienced vis-à-vis KS SMP Hairs and Faster HDT-SMP. Thanks.

I like this mod too, I think it's a great job.:thumbsup:
In the Faster HDT-SMP 1.11 HSanMartin version, the hair moves and collides erratically, also I have noticed a change in the physics is like everything moves a little faster (I'm using now the 1.15 Karonar1) in the 1.15 HSanMartin I have like jumps in the fps, although this has nothing to do with the collisions.
I also want to say that KS SMP Hairs is probably the hair that has less bones and therefore moves less and is more difficult to see.?️‍♂️

22 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Out of blind curiosity, is your mod also available for LE? Just wondering, although I expect a "no" as a response. Thank you!

53 minutes ago, Doc_Oc said:

Out of blind curiosity, is your mod also available for LE? Just wondering, although I expect a "no" as a response. Thank you!

YunDao wigs are available from RealClone on the LE Nexus. I do not know if he has added Racemenu Hairstyles like yeahhowaboutnooo did for my SSE version.

On 11/28/2021 at 3:13 PM, Vyxenne said:

I frequently had the boobs-stretch-to-the-moon issue using aers HDT-SMP from the Nexus.

I only occasionally had the boobs-stretch-to-the-moon issue using the Karonar1 fork of HDT-SMP from the GitHub.

I have never, ever, not even once, had any stretching of anything, nor any fps slump, nor any other reason whatsoever to issue pcb or smp reset using my current Faster HDT-SMP, which includes all of the Karonar1 improvements and many more. It is flawless in my game and gave me back 10fps in the Riften and Whiterun markets- I can now run a solid 60fps in virtually all game areas (down to 55 or so looking in some directions in Riften) even with my two body-physics (via CBPC) and cloth-physics (SMP hair, earrings, amulets, skirts, etc.) followers and me bouncing through dungeons with our hair on fire.

If you are not using it, please try it.

PS: SexLab scaling has nothing to do with physics and is extremely unlikely to cause, or fix, stretchy boobs.

having a problem with the faster HDT SMP.  Installed it without any avx, and all the HDT chains in the zaz/dde pack look terrible/stretched/flat.  Went back to oldschool smp and theyre fine again.  

On 11/30/2021 at 10:48 AM, no_way said:

Yeah I use KS hairdoos smp and I build the head collision object for bhunp but the hair still clips through my face.  Not sure why

Just realized that the KS hairdos doesn't have head collision objects to build.  They are all shoulders and bodies but no heads.  Could this be the issue?  Where do I get a head collision object and have my character actually use it?

6 hours ago, no_way said:

having a problem with the faster HDT SMP.  Installed it without any avx

Unless you have a really old CPU (no offense, @CPU :classic_tongue:) you should install the AVX or AVX2 option. I'm using AVX2.

I haven't tested the CUDA scheme on my RTX 2060 Super because those who have, as well as the uploader of Faster HDT-SMP, have posted that it actually slows things down.

Yeah as Vyxenne said CUDA is not good , I have 2070super and it performs worse at some points than noAVX ,AVX versions. CUDA ver just stops working completely at random times and some times collisions stop working, hair goes crazy,.. Not worth the hassle atm, its best to go CPU route for SMP regardless of what CPU you have.

I tried all options from faster SMP and still karonars version on my system performs the best, though noAVX since my cpu is 10years old.

Wonder how SMP will perform on alder lake. Has anyone upgraded yet to latest gen CPUs?

23 hours ago, no_way said:

Just realized that the KS hairdos doesn't have head collision objects to build.  They are all shoulders and bodies but no heads.  Could this be the issue?  Where do I get a head collision object and have my character actually use it?

Install the KS Wigs SMP version, that's where the collision object for the head comes from. 

51 minutes ago, manpan22 said:

Install the KS Wigs SMP version, that's where the collision object for the head comes from. 

Do I then need to add the head to the collision objects 1 through 4 for BHUNP with outfit studio if I'm not actually using wigs but rather just the hairdo through racemenu?  

I get how SMP collisions work for stuff I'm actually wearing and that have an .xml defining their behaviour but I still don't really understand what's controlling these hairs/wigs.

12 hours ago, no_way said:

Do I then need to add the head to the collision objects 1 through 4 for BHUNP with outfit studio if I'm not actually using wigs but rather just the hairdo through racemenu?  

I get how SMP collisions work for stuff I'm actually wearing and that have an .xml defining their behaviour but I still don't really understand what's controlling these hairs/wigs.

No, just install and build it in bodyslide.
It shares the same .xml and collision meshes (I don't use the wigs in the game, it's just to have the head collisions).
I recommend you to install Great Moders' HDT-SMP Physics Hair and Xing over KS Hairdos SMP because it contains some KS Hairdos but with better physics and collisions.?

6 hours ago, manpan22 said:

It shares the same .xml and collision meshes (I don't use the wigs in the game, it's just to have the head collisions).
I recommend you to install Great Moders' HDT-SMP Physics Hair and Xing over KS Hairdos SMP because it contains some KS Hairdos but with better physics and collisions.?

Does it work now in SE , or you still have to wait for it to be upgraded ?

I am using latest update of SE with skse for AE, (otherwise game doesn't start, if i use skse for SE), most of things works, yet, no physics for any of the hairs, or hdt overall.

1 hour ago, nobis said:

Does it work now in SE , or you still have to wait for it to be upgraded ?

I am using latest update of SE with skse for AE, (otherwise game doesn't start, if i use skse for SE), most of things works, yet, no physics for any of the hairs, or hdt overall.

Current SE build 2.0.20 (runtime 1.5.97)

With this version everything works fine for me and almost all mods are being updated for both SE and AE versions, so I am not going to update to AE.
(I don't think this has anything to do with not having physics in the game).?

18 minutes ago, manpan22 said:

Current SE build 2.0.20 (runtime 1.5.97)

With this version everything works fine for me and almost all mods are being updated for both SE and AE versions, so I am not going to update to AE.
(I don't think this has anything to do with not having physics in the game).?

Thanks. Will try to find the problem then.

9 hours ago, manpan22 said:

Hmm, this doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  How can the head collision object from KS be active when you're not wearing the wig?  Can you elaborate?

The Great Moder collision object also doesn't have a head mesh, only body.

17 hours ago, no_way said:

Hmm, this doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  How can the head collision object from KS be active when you're not wearing the wig?  Can you elaborate?

The Great Moder collision object also doesn't have a head mesh, only body.

Because they share the meshes.
Great Moders hair , you are right it does not have head collision object sorry I had not realized because it turns out that in my case if there are facial collisions with this mod. 
This makes me doubt , <per-triangle-shape name="collision head"> this is written in the .xml or could it be that it collides with BHUNP 3BBB Collision Armor? which does have a head.
I will try switching from SMP to CBPC in the game to rule that out.

Tested ;BHUNP 3BBB Collision Armor has nothing to do with it, so this is how the .xml files are written.

Edited by manpan22
16 hours ago, manpan22 said:

I recommend you to install Great Moders' HDT-SMP Physics Hair and Xing over KS Hairdos SMP because it contains some KS Hairdos but with better physics and collisions.

You don't have to pick and choose- I'm running both mods side-by-side and they're just fine because they're in different folders. Also, they are differently-named, so even if you use a style that's in both mods, you will know from the name which mod it came from.

9 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

No tiene que elegir y elegir: estoy ejecutando ambos mods uno al lado del otro y están bien porque están en carpetas diferentes. Además, tienen un nombre diferente, por lo que incluso si usa un estilo que está en ambos mods, sabrá por el nombre de qué mod proviene.

I know, maybe I am not explaining myself well.
Simply the hairs that are in both mods, in Great Moders have better collisions and physics.

So I recommend having both installed (not to say that this will fix the problem, sorry).

Edited by manpan22
On 12/3/2021 at 11:23 PM, Vyxenne said:

Unless you have a really old CPU (no offense, @CPU :classic_tongue:) you should install the AVX or AVX2 option. I'm using AVX2.

I haven't tested the CUDA scheme on my RTX 2060 Super because those who have, as well as the uploader of Faster HDT-SMP, have posted that it actually slows things down.

You're right, AVX2 works with the chains now.

But all collisions with BHUNP 2.39 AND ABC 2.41 stopped ?

Reverting to normal SMP and the collisions are back.  Any idea whats up?

On 12/6/2021 at 10:13 PM, no_way said:

No idea, sorry, my BHUNP-3BBB collisions work with both CBPC and Faster HDT-SMP, depending on how I have it configured. The only thing I can think of is that you might have let some other mod's xmls override/overwrite BHUNP's 3BBB xmls. Baka's FOMOD makes it easy to reinstall BHUNP and re-select 3BBB. I think you also have to build the collision shapes with Bodyslide, but it's been a few months so I may be wrong about that.

On 12/6/2021 at 10:13 PM, no_way said:

What CPU do you have?

I'm having the same issue with a 5600X

On 12/3/2021 at 10:23 PM, Vyxenne said:

I did some testing and found that using any fork AVX basically stop all collisions aside from self collisions. MaleGenitals to Breast doesn't work, but for some reason Female Hand to Breasts does work.

Using the normal SMP (using the AVX version) or every fork version (non-AVX) brings back all the collisions.

Edit: The result of a little more testing.

It seems that something in the code was modifed by the Nexus Uploader 'cuz Karonar1's version doesn't work but if I take the AVX DLL from his github and put it on the normal HDT-SMP folder the collision do work as normal.

DLLs taken from "Faster SMP" from nexus:

- Karonar1 (No AVX/No CUDA):  Collisions work

- Daydreaming (No AVX/No CUDA): Collisions don't work

- Karonar1 (AVX/No CUDA): Collisions don't work)

- Daydreaming (AVX/No CUDA): Collisions don't work

- Daydreaming (AVX2/No CUDA): Collisions don't work

- Daydreaming (AVX512/No CUDA): Not tested, 5600X doesn't support AVX 512

- HDT-SMP: Collisions work

- HDT-SMP (karonar1's DLL taken from github): Collisions work

Edited by linkhuesitos
17 hours ago, linkhuesitos said:

What CPU do you have?

I'm having the same issue with a 5600X

I did some testing and found that using any fork AVX basically stop all collisions aside from self collisions. MaleGenitals to Breast doesn't work, but for some reason Female Hand to Breasts does work.

Using the normal SMP (using the AVX version) or every fork version (non-AVX) brings back all the collisions.

Edit: The result of a little more testing.

It seems that something in the code was modifed by the Nexus Uploader 'cuz Karonar1's version doesn't work but if I take the AVX DLL from his github and put it on the normal HDT-SMP folder the collision do work as normal.

DLLs taken from "Faster SMP" from nexus:

- Karonar1 (No AVX/No CUDA):  Collisions work

- Daydreaming (No AVX/No CUDA): Collisions don't work

- Karonar1 (AVX/No CUDA): Collisions don't work)

- Daydreaming (AVX/No CUDA): Collisions don't work

- Daydreaming (AVX2/No CUDA): Collisions don't work

- Daydreaming (AVX512/No CUDA): Not tested, 5600X doesn't support AVX 512

- HDT-SMP: Collisions work

- HDT-SMP (karonar1's DLL taken from github): Collisions work

Maybe the problem is that you install the .xml that comes with Faster SMP?
I have ;
Karonar1 (AVX/No CUDA/No .xml)+BHUNP 2.41+ABC 2.41 and everything works correctly.
In my case I only had problems with the HSanMartin version.

• 3 weeks later...