6 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Well, *I* have one. Maybe I never posted it.

I could be wrong, but as far as I remember from looking(can't exactly check at the moment), BV doesn't edit the vanilla Vampire races - only the effects of being a Vampire, which are mostly changes to existing active effects that are already present on the Vampire races. 

The problem could be some other mod, since it seems like for BV and RC, the plugins are ordered correctly so BV's scripts should be used. Or just mods ordered or installed in the wrong order. So, If you use Mod Organizer, @MS1, you'll want to have the RaceCompatibility mod, first setup to work with BV, and in your modlist(left pane), after Better Vampires. 

Looks like I got a little way into making a patch and then lost the bubble. BV creates a bunch of new vampire races ("HighElfRaceVampire2"), so doing this right means copying all the YA race changes over to them. Tedious, not hard. Not sure what that would have to do with scripts not running.

6 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

I could be wrong, but as far as I remember from looking(can't exactly check at the moment), BV doesn't edit the vanilla Vampire races - only the effects of being a Vampire, which are mostly changes to existing active effects that are already present on the Vampire races. 

The problem could be some other mod, since it seems like for BV and RC, the plugins are ordered correctly so BV's scripts should be used. Or just mods ordered or installed in the wrong order. So, If you use Mod Organizer, @MS1, you'll want to have the RaceCompatibility mod, first setup to work with BV, and in your modlist(left pane), after Better Vampires. 

What you're saying is load Better Vampires before Race Compatibility? Not sure if that makes too much sense. LOOT automatically orders it after Race compatibility, but I guess I could try it. It's already set up to work with Better Vampires for the record.

It probably does edit the vampire races somewhat, possibly for subtle changes, or maybe Yiffy Age touches those scripts?

11 minutes ago, MS1 said:

What you're saying is load Better Vampires before Race Compatibility? Not sure if that makes too much sense. LOOT automatically orders it after Race compatibility, but I guess I could try it. It's already set up to work with Better Vampires for the record.

It probably does edit the vampire races somewhat, possibly for subtle changes, or maybe Yiffy Age touches those scripts?

Well, this depends on you having installed RC, choosing the options in the installer that make it work with Better Vampires. If you have, then RC needs to be after BV, because otherwise you will have issues with at least custom races that, even if they are set up correctly to work with RC, can't become Vampires. But overall, for Yiffy Age, and even if you don't use YA, BV and RC need to be set up this way, since otherwise you get BV's scripts doing at least partly, the wrong thing. Though normally without YA, you would only use RC if you are actually playing a custom race, and wish to play a Vampire. 

Though you will get a constant suggested issue if you use MO, in that the program will suggest you need to order these mods in the same order as your plugins, which can't happen, because then as suggested above, the Vampirisim won't work correctly. 

This technically applies to Yiffy Age as well, though it could be said that maybe the only reason YA needs RC, would be due to the playable Dremora and Snow Elves - both needing Vampire versions, which they lack in the vanilla game(Vyrthur is a cheat, as technically is, I think, Harkon, Serana and Valerica, with them having their own Dawnguard specific Nord race copy, that has the requisite keywords for them to be considered Vampires). 

5 minutes ago, Kuroyami said:

Well, this depends on you having installed RC, choosing the options in the installer that make it work with Better Vampires. If you have, then RC needs to be after BV, because otherwise you will have issues with at least custom races that, even if they are set up correctly to work with RC, can't become Vampires. But overall, for Yiffy Age, and even if you don't use YA, BV and RC need to be set up this way, since otherwise you get BV's scripts doing at least partly, the wrong thing. Though normally without YA, you would only use RC if you are actually playing a custom race, and wish to play a Vampire. 

Though you will get a constant suggested issue if you use MO, in that the program will suggest you need to order these mods in the same order as your plugins, which can't happen, because then as suggested above, the Vampirisim won't work correctly. 

This technically applies to Yiffy Age as well, though it could be said that maybe the only reason YA needs RC, would be due to the playable Dremora and Snow Elves - both needing Vampire versions, which they lack in the vanilla game(Vyrthur is a cheat, as technically is, I think, Harkon, Serana and Valerica, with them having their own Dawnguard specific Nord race copy, that has the requisite keywords for them to be considered Vampires). 

Weird thing is, my MO won't let me move Race Compatibility below BV. In my load order Dawnguard all the down to EFFCore are bolded and will not move below that bolded spot. Not sure what caused them to be locked there, perhaps the kind of mods that they are?

It might be worth mentioning that I'm playing as an altmer/high elf mage, not one of the custom races.

4 minutes ago, MS1 said:

Weird thing is, my MO won't let me move Race Compatibility below BV. In my load order Dawnguard all the down to EFFCore are bolded and will not move below that bolded spot. Not sure what caused them to be locked there, perhaps the kind of mods that they are?

Hmm...that isn't something I've seen with MO. There is the groups feature, which I have seen a few threads were people might have similar problems, though I'm not sure if it is the same here, or if you are even using the groups feature(the box next to the search bar under the mod list, should say No Groups, if you are not). 

4 minutes ago, MS1 said:

It might be worth mentioning that I'm playing as an altmer/high elf mage, not one of the custom races.

I know I've gotten a Nord/Lyakios Vampire to work in YA with the mentioned settings, and maybe it does not matter too much for vanilla race Vampires, but like I said, I know it works. 

I'm starting to play with SSE and I'm already kinda impressed. I'm actually seeing CK come up in seconds and load mods in only a few more seconds, and the game (with minimal load order, ofc, but my modding profiles are pretty minimal) comes up fast too. Stability, we'll see about.

Current plan is to do Hoodies first because everything else has a Hoodie schlong. Then run through the other mods with all deliberate speed.

28 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

I'm starting to play with SSE and I'm already kinda impressed. I'm actually seeing CK come up in seconds and load mods in only a few more seconds, and the game (with minimal load order, ofc, but my modding profiles are pretty minimal) comes up fast too. Stability, we'll see about.

You have got to be kidding.

The game loading faster I believe, what with 64 bit and DX11 and all that. We already knew SE was going to work better. But how the hell can the SE CK work better for you than the original one??

Seriously, though. Don't you get to a point where the log/progress bar says it's "validating" records or something like that and then takes ages to load? Because that's what happened to me each and every single time I tried to use it. Even with an almost-vanilla setup and only loading the game's ESMs plus whatever single plugin I wanted to edit or convert. Drove me mad.

Oh yeah. Old CK took forever to come up at all, and then loading shit was 40 forevers. This version comes up fast, then loads the esms only a little more slowly than TES5Edit. Could be more about how bad my old CK ran.

Something I noticed as of late, it seems that inconsequential NPCs adds a few new armors to the game not touched by the patch. Notably Fur plate & Chain mail, but I'm sure there's more. It can notably be seem on npcs in the Blue Palace. Thought you should be made aware.

By the way, I don't mean to be somewhat pushy, but are the Immersive armors & possibly BV patches scheduled to be before or after the special edition update? I only ask because I got BV to work finally, but am not entirely sure what those additional vampire races you mentioned (and that I saw in TESVEdit) do or how & when they activate. Are they just a different look for Vampire Lords? Noticed that there's only one extra vampire race for each vanilla race.

I'd try my hand at creating the patches myself, but my CK refuses to load YA & BV together with all the masters included. I don't think it'd give me to many problems with IA, although I haven't tried yet. (Not too worried about that one as I'm playing a mage vampire.)

18 minutes ago, MS1 said:

By the way, I don't mean to be somewhat pushy, but are the Immersive armors & possibly BV patches scheduled to be before or after the special edition update? I only ask because I got BV to work finally, but am not entirely sure what those additional vampire races you mentioned (and that I saw in TESVEdit) do or how & when they activate. Are they just a different look for Vampire Lords? Noticed that there's only one extra vampire race for each vanilla race.

Do you mean those such as NordRaceVampire? If so, those are used by both the player(as a Vampire), and and Vampire NPCs in the game. For Skyrim, when you become a Vampire, the game switches your race from whatever base race you began the game with, to a Vampire variation. This even applies to custom race mods, that have been set up correctly, i.e they most likely have two races as part of the mod, one that is the one you can select during character creation, and another that is not marked as playable, and has the correct keywords to consider anyone using that race a Vampire(allowing feeding, certain vision abilities to work[Detect Dead spell] or not work[Detect Life spell], etc).  

The extra ones BV includes, if you mean those, I'm not sure what they are used for, possibly either specific NPCs the mod adds, or something related to your character's ability to turn NPCs into Vampires with the mod. 

18 minutes ago, MS1 said:

I'd try my hand at creating the patches myself, but my CK refuses to load YA & BV together with all the masters included. I don't think it'd give me to many problems with IA, although I haven't tried yet. (Not too worried about that one as I'm playing a mage vampire.)

Most patches can be created much easier in TESVEdit(available on Nexus), which functions heavily like a spreadsheet application. It allows you to edit existing plugin files(.esm and .esp), and create new .esp files to act as patches for two mods. It also(like other programs such as FNIS) works perfectly with MO. 

12 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

The extra ones BV includes, if you mean those, I'm not sure what they are used for, possibly either specific NPCs the mod adds, or something related to your character's ability to turn NPCs into Vampires with the mod. 

That actually makes sense. The npcs to vampire ability would probably need an additional vampire race to cover the two options: only change the eyes, or complete with fangs and such.

12 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

Most patches can be created much easier in TESVEdit(available on Nexus), which functions heavily like a spreadsheet application. It allows you to edit existing plugin files(.esm and .esp), and create new .esp files to act as patches for two mods. It also(like other programs such as FNIS) works perfectly with MO. 

I'm not exactly sure how to work TESVEdit, most I've done is change masters of a mod from the old unofficial patches to USLEEP. I'm sure there's a tutorial somewhere that I can read to learn how to do all that fancy stuff. (Before you ask, no, I'm not asking you to find me a tutorial, I'm tech-savvy enough that I can find one myself.)

Um... pass.

I've been playing with the panthers and I can't get anything I'm happy with. Either they go black in low light, like now, or they are way too shiny or way too plastic in sunlight. I didn't take screenshots because they all suck. 

Thinking hard about making dark elves snow leopards.

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

Um... pass.

I've been playing with the panthers and I can't get anything I'm happy with. Either they go black in low light, like now, or they are way too shiny or way too plastic in sunlight. I didn't take screenshots because they all suck. 

Or perhaps just another feline that is gray? I went to google searching for different felines and found this "Clouded Leopard". Looking at the images it seems like it is gray enough to pass as a dark elf, yet not too dark for the skyrim engine to goof it up, or make it too dark. When in doubt, just search for different members of the canine/feline family. All the dark elves need is a new texture, as the body should already match it.

The dremora as I've said before, I believe should be panthers, but that could wait until SSE, where lighting and such are (hopefully anyway) much better. 

4 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Um... pass.

Try tweaking the texture color with one of the darker tones of a blue short haired cat as a reference, then see how it looks in Skyrim?

Spoiler

See the source imageSee the source image

4 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Um... pass.

75, 75, 75

4 hours ago, NightroModzz said:

Try tweaking the texture color with one of the darker tones of a blue short haired cat as a reference, then see how it looks in Skyrim?

Reveal hidden contents

That, but with red eyes and maybe a slightly darker fur color, would be an almost 1:1 conversion from a regular Dunmer to a cat. So that would make for a good option, I'd say. Whether the base fur is featureless (like those) or is based on another big cat species (like clouded leopard as already mentioned,or maybe jaguar) would be up to Bad Dog, though.

4 hours ago, 27X said:

75, 75, 75

Assuming that's a RGB code, what texture would that be for? Diffuse or specular?

10 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Um... pass.

There is Sheer Black Panther-Black Panther mean both leopard and Jaguar- But There various shade and color mixed Black Panthers are there in the world.

Sheer Black. Panther India Current Yiffy age of Skyrim Dark Elf color

193826461_BlackPantherIndia.thumb.jpg.9ce9af2e38b84574a847fe2751374542.jpg

Blue and Gray shaded Black Jaguar

2028278424_BluegrayBlackJaguar.thumb.jpg.567fd9141e6e52b0f4781abdc5d9e601.jpg

Brown Colored Shaped Black Leopard.

1397030173_browncoloredshapedBlackleopard.thumb.JPG.684c6082a03b3fdbbe60f71ac623630f.JPG

Brown colored shaped Black Jaguar

1040327372_browncoloredshapedBlackJaguar.thumb.jpg.b90ee2eee9d69a8c6a3aa38047e9ce6b.jpg

Dremora Could be Female cobweb Panther. Who lived in 1980's Glasgow Zoo and Dublin

807948529_CobwebPanther.jpg.ef9e5e917f56f17c11e90d2adca1ceb5.jpg

7 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

That, but with red eyes and maybe a slightly darker fur color, would be an almost 1:1 conversion from a regular Dunmer to a cat. So that would make for a good option, I'd say. Whether the base fur is featureless (like those) or is based on another big cat species (like clouded leopard as already mentioned,or maybe jaguar) would be up to Bad Dog, though.

Assuming that's a RGB code, what texture would that be for? Diffuse or specular?

Diffuse, and that would be the bottom range. Also you shouldn't be testing "black" on one platform or with one ENB/render setting suite in the first place, it's one of those things where you'll never get a satisfactory range of responses from users, pretty much ever.

xr2Zc.jpg

Anyone with a ten bit calibrated monitor will probably be able to see even as dark as this (35,15,35) is, it's not uniform. Anyone with an 8 or more likely 6 bit monitor is probably only going to see a black blob with blue blobs in it, especially if their ENB doesn't make use of Boris' post .308 coloring conventions. Ironically those not using an enb will probably see more highlights because the base skyrim color space is allergic to black in order to make nightime gameplay viable on a giant range of tvs via consoles, but less details owing how strongly Bethesda smashed the potential range in the name of "I can go into this dungeon without a torch and complete it, because god forbid someone fuck up our metacritic average because they didn't think to bring a torch when going into a cave at night".

Black is like politics, you're never going to find a satisfactory middle ground unless you find a solid base to work from to begin with.

SSE

Tonal variants aren't going to change, nor would they have reason to, unless you're not using an ENB.