5 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

@Bad Dog, now that you've released the 8.0 update of Hoodies, I wanted to ask something: do you have any plans to update YA with it?

As it is right now, the YA download includes the (now outdated) Hoodies 7.0 files but doesn't actually use them, as the YA Schlongs plugin includes its own copy of the Hoodies system. IMO the best course of action for the upcoming YA update would be to get rid of YA's "internal" Hoodies copy altogether and make YA dependent on the main Hoodies framework plugin (BadDogSchlongCore.esm), but I guess it's up to you.

Also, small question: do older SOS addons dependent on Hoodies 7.0+ need to be updated/changed to work with the 8.0+ version? I assume not, but I have Hoodies patches for both Lungaris and Selachii and would like to know if I have to update them or they are fine as-is.

Thought about that, but I don't love adding another requirement. What I've done instead is rejigger how I have the mods on my system. Core is one, Hoodies is another, YA is a third. I'll take anything not YA-specific out of YA and make the next YA install kit by stacking Core, maybe Hoodies, and then YA leaving out any unneeded esps. That way I can treat them like separate mods but no one else has to.

Old schlongs should work fine with 8.0.

Ah, guys, just so you know, Kaidan recently got an upgrade. It's in the form of another mod, but rebuilt from the first one but it practically has the same name. Will Kaidan need another patch for YA or is the one we've got good?

41 minutes ago, Taven said:

Ah, guys, just so you know, Kaidan recently got an upgrade. It's in the form of another mod, but rebuilt from the first one but it practically has the same name. Will Kaidan need another patch for YA or is the one we've got good?

As long as the plugin name has changed in any way, then yes, a new patch would be needed. And even if the plugin name was the same, the FormIDs would still need to be the exact same as in the original plugin (highly unlikely) for the patch to work as intended anyway, so there's that.

Starting to think about the next version of YA. Are people champing at the bit for a SE version? I'm inclined not to worry about it until then, but YA 5.0 may be a while. I'm not going to rush it.

This is likely to be the KrittaKitty Memorial Version (not literally, I hope, I believe she's just left off modding for now). I'm picking through her Lykaios resources and there's a shit ton of work in there. I'll bring as much of it into YA as I can. Next version is likely to include:

• The new Lykaios meshes and textures. I haven't looked in detail at the head but if it seems too low-poly I think I can increase the poly count without losing KK's work.
  • Lykaios beards and hair on the canine races as seems appropriate. Characters with beards in the base game (Falk Fire-Beard, Roggi Knot-Beard) should have beards in YA. Balgruuf needs an elegant braided beard, definitely.
  • Citrus heads for Vaalsark/Imperials. That's the last vanilla head mesh. All the rest are already Citrus.
  • Detailed fur textures for hyenas, vaalsark, and khajiit. (I don't see any reason to put up with sucky khajiit textures when everyone else is looking good.)
  • Scars for everybody. There's a thing in Vanilla where there are race morphs in addition to the other tri files. Apparently all the humanoid races work off one base shape. I think this means that you don't need separate scars for every race, to fit the base head shape. If I can make this work then all the Citrus heads can work off the same set of scars. I don't guarantee to duplicate every vanilla scar--there are some burn marks that might be hard to do well on fur--but I'll get a variety.
  • New panther textures. Sticking with the dark elf/panther match.
  • If I can do it at all, dark elf tattoos. With the new textures it might not even be hard.
  • Odd additional improvements. I made a better Ysgramor statue, maybe some new load screens.

Anything else people are wanting, or that I promised and forgot? Looking at the list I'm guessing an ETA of about Christmas.

Actually for the cats, I'd just as soon do like the Unique Tiger and let you play as a khajiit with a cheetah look. That way you get all the khajiit perks and dialog. 

It's been on my list for a while but since there's nothing new or challenging about it I haven't had the motivation yet.

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Starting to think about the next version of YA. Are people champing at the bit for a SE version?

Yes, just not going to be that jerk asking about it every week ;)

I can't really make myself go back to oldrim and YA is the last (and best!) mod I'm waiting for for a full SE play through.

Starting to think about the next version of YA. Are people champing at the bit for a SE version? I'm inclined not to worry about it until then, but YA 5.0 may be a while. I'm not going to rush it.

I'm not in a hurry at all myself, but I'm sure some people would like to have it available. Still, first things first. Better to take your time and get it all nice and finished first, and then look into a proper and definitive port afterwards. Or at least that's my opinion.

• The new Lykaios meshes and textures. I haven't looked in detail at the head but if it seems too low-poly I think I can increase the poly count without losing KK's work.

The heads are exactly the same as the current ones (so same polycount as vanilla Khajiit heads). It's the new TRI files where the good stuff is. Remember this pic of the happy (and angry) she-wolf?

Spoiler

tumblr_nzchesy1XN1ur5xmco1_1280.jpg

Well, those morphs are included in the file. Don't know if they work properly yet, but the tri files look fine. I'll get back once I've tested them ingame.

• Lykaios beards and hair on the canine races as seems appropriate. Characters with beards in the base game (Falk Fire-Beard, Roggi Knot-Beard) should have beards in YA. Balgruuf needs an elegant braided beard, definitely.

I'm more interested in the hairs myself (I'd love to have the mane from the pic above), but it would be nice to have the beards done as well. I think the textures for the beards did make it to the package, as well as the TRIs, so they should be easy to set up assuming all those files are working. The hairs will need textures, though, as those are not in the file.

• Citrus heads for Vaalsark/Imperials. That's the last vanilla head mesh. All the rest are already Citrus.

Yay!

• Detailed fur textures for hyenas, vaalsark, and khajiit. (I don't see any reason to put up with sucky khajiit textures when everyone else is looking good.)

Double yay!

• Scars for everybody. There's a thing in Vanilla where there are race morphs in addition to the other tri files. Apparently all the humanoid races work off one base shape. I think this means that you don't need separate scars for every race, to fit the base head shape. If I can make this work then all the Citrus heads can work off the same set of scars. I don't guarantee to duplicate every vanilla scar--there are some burn marks that might be hard to do well on fur--but I'll get a variety.

AFAIK, the base nif for the head is the exact same for all races except Argonians and Khajiits, and the difference in the "base" shape ingame (aka what makes elves have pointy faces and gives Orcs their underbite) is done through a separate "races" TRI file that includes the morphed base shape for each race. I think this kind of setup with the extra "races" TRI is the same for scars and brows and stuff, so it may be possible to pull that off indeed.

• New panther textures. Sticking with the dark elf/panther match.

Won't deny I would have liked the black-tinted jaguar/leopard thing, but this is still pretty good.

Anything else people are wanting, or that I promised and forgot? Looking at the list I'm guessing an ETA of about Christmas.

Don't think so, at least not from my end. Pretty much everything has been addressed so far.

4 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Lykaios heads

Okay, these are the results from my quick testing so far:

• Meshes are the same as the current ones (aka shape-edited vanilla Khajiit heads), but they have new symmetric UVs (most noticeable with the ears) and a slightly improved shape. This means they need new textures and new tints (the latter unfortunately don't seem to be included in the file).
  • Females have a new texture (named "classic") that matches the current body pretty well all things considered. Its grays are a bit more blue-ish than the current body ones and the difference is noticeable, but shouldn't be hard to tweak and make pretty seamless.
  • Males only have a "blank"/marking-less base texture that does not match the current bodies. Will probably need some blending with the old head textures to not have a seam with the body.
  • Females have a handful of custom RaceMenu-style sliders available. Some work with the RM inis and stuff is needed to get them to show up, but the morphs themselves seem to work. Some examples: eye size, eye tilt, nose width (as in, the black tip of the nose itself, not the muzzle), ear size/length, ear shape (goes from base ear shape into "african wild dog-ish" big and rounded on one end of the slider and "labrador-ish" floppy on the other).
  • Some vanilla sliders have a different effect than they used to, i.e. the "Chin Forward" slider changes the length of the whole muzzle, while the "Chin Width" changes the width of the whole muzzle as well. EDIT: this last bit seems to only apply to males.
  • New shapes for the "xxx Shape" sliders for mouth, eyes and nose. Relatively similar to current options, but different enough to be noticeable.

...aaaand here is a pic to show how female Lykaios/Nords look like after implementing the new assets into YA. No fancy posing or location 'cause I didn't have time for it, but I'm really liking my new she-wolf so far :classic_tongue:.

Spoiler

I can't show the male side of things because I didn't implement them yet, though (as I said, male textures have a very obvious seam so I didn't want to touch them yet).

1 minute ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

Oh wow, she looks amazing! ?

I know, right? ?

Still, wait until Bad Dog gets Kritta's hairs textured and working, and it will get even better; same goes for scars. Honestly, the new version of the Lykaios would have been a huuge deal with a great increase in quality and plenty of awesome assets. It's a shame it will never see the light of day the way Kritta intended it to, but at least we can salvage some of it from the assets that managed to be sent before she went MIA.

3 hours ago, IGotBored said:

I need it.gif

41 minutes ago, Taven said:

I'm with this guy. HOLY SHIT THAT LOOKS GOOD. xD

It's not that hard to update YA with the new assets if you know what you're doing. The head, mouth and eye nifs need to be replaced with the new ones, and the head part entry for them needs to be pointed to the new TRI files (which all come conviniently packed in a "Tri" folder inside the Lykaios package). The head diffuse and normal need to be replaced with the new ones as well.

Still, if you don't feel like tinkering around with files and stuff, you can always wait for the next YA update, as I'm sure Bad Dog will include all the new assets he can (plus others that can't be used at the moment, like hairs that require new textures which I'm sure he can make). May take a while, but it will be worth it.

17 minutes ago, IGotBored said:

Wait a minute. In this world is "The Lusty Argonian Maid" not such a dirty pleasure anymore???

I mean, the races may be furry now instead of human-y, but the underlying lore is still the same. The divide and racism between humans/canines and elves/felines is still there, for example. So the racial taboo with Argonians would still be there as well.

Plus, Argonians are the only reptilian-ish race among a bunch of cats and dogs (all mammals), so the exoticity of lizard-y scales and such would also be present.

So yeah, I'd say it still is, lol.

4 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

It's not that hard to update YA with the new assets if you know what you're doing. The head, mouth and eye nifs need to be replaced with the new ones, and the head part entry for them needs to be pointed to the new TRI files (which all come conviniently packed in a "Tri" folder inside the Lykaios package). The head diffuse and normal need to be replaced with the new ones as well.

Still, if you don't feel like tinkering around with files and stuff, you can always wait for the next YA update, as I'm sure Bad Dog will include all the new assets he can (plus others that can't be used at the moment, like hairs that require new textures which I'm sure he can make). May take a while, but it will be worth it.

I will leave that to the smart people like you and bad dog. I would probably mess something up?

7 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

I mean, the races may be furry now instead of human-y, but the underlying lore is still the same. The divide and racism between humans/canines and elves/felines is still there, for example. So the racial taboo with Argonians would still be there as well.

Plus, Argonians are the only reptilian-ish race among a bunch of (in this case furred mammals), so the exoticity of lizard-y scales and such would also be present.

So yeah, I'd say it still is, lol.

I did feel kinda sad that there wasn't any reptilian like races added but oh well. At least I can still be unique though!

When YA gets ported to SSE, I plan on starting a new save and playing skyrim again. At this moment, my dated CPU doesn't like vanilla skyrim too much, but SSE runs like butter. (I really should ask someone on the forums to help me troubleshoot stability, but that's another story.) I am looking forward to the SSE port, but i'm not super impatient. 

56 minutes ago, Newbie2015 said:

Hi. Clothing & clutter fixes patch if possible please.

It might take a bit, but I'm working on that. It will be for CCOR and WAF as well, including changes from USLEEP where relevant, along with possibly working with the SOS - Revealing Armors mod and Bad Dog's Skimpy Clothes mod(i.e keeping the Revealing keyword, along with the stat changes from Kyrptopr's mods). Not sure how I'll deal with the more recent updates or releases, though. 

25 minutes ago, DRAGON_PLAY said:

How to remove male genitalia from female argonian?

(If it even posible)

Set the probabilities for the Female Slit addon to 0 (which will prevent more female Argonians from getting it) and use the "Clear addon" option (which will remove it from any of them that have it already).