1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

RE statues, what's up with Dynamic Snow? Is there something wrong with my nifs or does DS think it knows about all the statues? Is the ESP you posted a patch? If so I can put it in the OP.

i don't know, i don't even know how that mod works, the esp i made just reverts them to use skyrim's original snow effects, therefor it's not exactly a patch but it will stop the crashing as long as it's loaded after Dynamic Snow.

you can have it but i don't know if there is anything else that may need to be fixed or not, Eg: there are snow covered versions of the dwarven head statues things, therefor if you edit them they may start crashing as well for all i know.

and that "Vaalsark" looks more like a Forsworn to me.

Avengers reference was something higher up in the feed. Don't remember what it was.
As far as race addons, not opposed to having additional races, probably as an additional ESP so those who don't want it aren't forced to use it. I like variety, particularly when trying to get my sister to watch me play. Which, tbh, probably won't happen unless you do a SE conversion, since we've already cleared quite a bit on my SE save. She made me play on a lower difficulty, since all she's interested in is cinematics and Paarthurnax.

1 hour ago, 27X said:

BDS probably looks for specific NODES to apply spec/displacement effects to, if those nodes aren't present or are modified, CTD.

no that's not it, in fact this is all there is to it, no scripts just this:

fsscr000.jpg

and this mesh that is used for everything:

snowshader.nif

looking at them the only real difference i see is that the original one (00025129) has a flag called "Single Pass".

7 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Can't have lilmothiit as a core YA race because they actually have to be all the regular Skyrim races. Could do an addon like the Cellans, but that's just an addon. I like this, though:

Spoiler

16464383_164432210717920_858181513671553

That would be a good target for a revamped Vaalsark race.

Count me in on this, that looks great. The Vaalsark could use some revamping indeed, and the fact that it would be lore friendly is a plus.

14 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Count me in on this, that looks great. The Vaalsark could use some revamping indeed, and the fact that it would be lore friendly is a plus.

I like the markings and tribal feel, but not so much the"Anubis" style head. Feel like it should be more fox-like, but otherwise i like it.

Usually the khajiit variant looks okay, but you have to modify the ARMA records so that all the human-now-beast races wear it. Sometimes wide jaws or long snouts mean that it still doesn't fit well. In those cases, sometimes Bodyslide/Outfit Studio will fix it... sometimes not.

On 4/28/2018 at 5:17 PM, Bad Dog said:

RE statues, what's up with Dynamic Snow? Is there something wrong with my nifs or does DS think it knows about all the statues? Is the ESP you posted a patch? If so I can put it in the OP.

i have found the real problem, your using the wrong type of root node, it should be "BSFadeNode" not "NiNode", and your missing the "BSXFlags".

while i was at it i copied over the bhkCollisionObject from the original meshes.

statue_meshes v2.7z

i assume others may need to be fixed as well.

edit: it looks like the rest are fine.

On 5/1/2018 at 3:12 PM, Bad Dog said:

What, for statues? Okay. I'll pull in your fixes.

ignore the esp i posted on Friday, just adding the meshes to yiffy age will fix the problems with BDS and any other mods like it.

it looks like all of your other statues are fine***, they all have the "BSXFlags" and are using "BSFadeNode".

***apart from this hole in whstatuetalos02 (meshes\architecture\windhelm)

edit: fixed it

Hey, so this may have already been discussed and I missed it, but is there any reason our poor resident hyenas are apparently part xenomorph? I was gonna do some fooling around with the expression editor and I was met with a mouth inside a mouth, with possibly another mouth inside of that, hard to tell.

None of the other races suffer this fate that I can tell (though I will quickly mention that while Fennecs are still a selectable race, the vertices on their heads are all sorts of screwed. Bretons are fine though.) and it's kind of funny actually, I was just curious as to the technical reason behind it. Seems like you could just sculpt the inner mouth as part of the head's mesh (it almost seems like that's done here) but I know Skyrim is built...not great, so I doubt it's that simple.

ScreenShot2.png

ScreenShot3.png

ScreenShot4.png

3 hours ago, Ryokentaru said:

[...]

Have you played around with the Face/Mouth Part sliders in RaceMenu and/or loaded a preset for a specific race into a different one? RM sometimes bugs out like this when doing any of those two things, specially if mouths are involved (though I don't know why).

11 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Have you played around with the Face/Mouth Part sliders in RaceMenu and/or loaded a preset for a specific race into a different one? RM sometimes bugs out like this when doing any of those two things, specially if mouths are involved (though I don't know why).

Well I mean, yeah I tend to make some adjustments to the facial sliders on all my characters. All part of the fun, right? It's been a while since I've played with this race, and this is the first time I've seen this bug happen.

I'll try creating a new Kygarra and Reguard and check to see if they start that way, or if the sliders are causing it. Maybe it's just a load order issue like Bad Dog said. I can't think of anything I have that would even touch mouths though. In fact, YA is the only thing I have that touches races period, unless you count hair mods.

8 hours ago, Ryokentaru said:

Well I mean, yeah I tend to make some adjustments to the facial sliders on all my characters. All part of the fun, right? It's been a while since I've played with this race, and this is the first time I've seen this bug happen.

I didn't mean the "x shape" or "x length" sliders that are there even in the vanilla game, I'm talking about the custom "Mouth Part" and "Face Part" sliders added by RaceMenu that allow you to change to a different head part entry for those meshes instead of the default ones set in the race data. If you fiddle with those sliders, they sometimes bug out and leave you stuck with more than one mouth mesh at the same time, which looks like it was the issue on your images.

5 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I didn't mean the "x shape" or "x length" sliders that are there even in the vanilla game, I'm talking about the custom "Mouth Part" and "Face Part" sliders added by RaceMenu that allow you to change to a different head part entry for those meshes instead of the default ones set in the race data. If you fiddle with those sliders, they sometimes bug out and leave you stuck with more than one mouth mesh at the same time, which looks like it was the issue on your images.

I just the same bug but with the yiffy schlongs. With higher arousal it's not removing the 'flaccid' schlong and makes it looks like I have two sets of balls. sonotmything

I'm trying to create override NPCs for both Wyrmstooth and Apocalypse, but the v3 script keeps breaking when trying to apply eyes for either Imperials or Redguards, like so: 

4: finding head part for race ImperialRace
        testing element at 101: MaleEyesVaalsarkGreenDUPLICATE001
. . . found eyes MaleEyesVaalsarkGreenDUPLICATE001/0900792C
Exception in unit UserScript line 893: FormID [0900792C] references a master which is not available in file [08] Wyrmstooth.esp

What do I need to do to fix this?

55 minutes ago, dweezer said:

I'm trying to create override NPCs for both Wyrmstooth and Apocalypse, but the v3 script keeps breaking when trying to apply eyes for either Imperials or Redguards, like so: 

[...]

What do I need to do to fix this?

You shouldn't try to save the changes in the Wyrmstooth plugin, but rather in a separate patch file loaded after both wyrmstooth and YA.

Try this: select any of the Wyrmstooth NPCs in xEdit, and copy as override into a new plugin (which will be the YA patch for Wyrmstooth). Then right click on that new plugin you created and choose Add Masters to add the main YA plugin as a master. Go back to Wyrmstooth, run the v3 script on its NPC entries, and set it to copy the records to the new plugin you created before. It should work just fine.

(The bit about manually adding YA as a master before running the script is because it sometimes fails to add YA as a master to the plugin on runtime and throws an error, so this way we ensure that doesn't happen).

On 5/4/2018 at 12:00 PM, KestrelSky said:

I just the same bug but with the yiffy schlongs. With higher arousal it's not removing the 'flaccid' schlong and makes it looks like I have two sets of balls. sonotmything

So I'm not quite sure where the issue is coming from actually. Basically there is a set of regular balls and then a set of ghost balls. If I try to screenshot it, only one set shows up. If I pause to use the menu, the ghost set disappears. Anyone heard of a problem like that?

The other weird thing is that I didn't have this problem last time I played the game (about two months ago?) and didn't change any of my mods before playing again.

Edit: doesn't happen with regular schlongs, only affects BadDog Sheath. The other odd thing is the effect stops if I have the camera at a certain angle. I downloaded a new copy of YA even though I had version 4_2, no change.

I narrowed the problem down to HDT. If I turn that off, no ghost balls. Not sure how to fix HDT stuff on balls though, since it seems specific to YA schlongs. It happens with the Sheath on both male and female bodies.

Edit: If I remove the file hdtm_bdsheath the problem stops. Any idea what might be causing the physics on it to freak out?

EditEdit: I feel like an idiot, I forgot oldrim hates FPS above 60. All fixed. -_-

You mean newrim doesn't? Huh.

Dunno about the new XPMSE and USLEEP, depends on what they did. I don't expect problems with USLEEP. New features of XPMSE might have problems, since I took the skeletons as of a year back.