Skyrim 64bit Special Edition Announced

Basically what I'm trying to say is mods made for Skyrim are governed under a different license than the one for Skyrim Special Edition.  Convert a Skyrim Mod to work with Skyrim SE and you enter the realm of Bethesda being able to claim the contents, just like the do with FO4 mods.  That's fine if the original author does it (they get what's coming to them for being stupid), but it's not fine if someone takes a Skyrim mod they didn't make and they convert it to Skyrim SE.  This is par for the course with FO4 and Bethesda.net since they think they own all content anyway.  What will be the screw job is mod thieves committing content to a licence the original creator didn't agree to.  And when it gets uploaded to Bethesda.net there is jack shit the original modder can do to get it removed.

"Convert a mod to work Skyrim SE"? What does that mean? I got the impression that -- other than SKSE plugins and ENB -- mods did not require conversion unless you want to upload them to Bethesda's server for console users. If someone converts a mod and uploads it without permission, then the EULA doesn't apply because that person didn't have the right to upload it in the first place. It would would one of those very rare situations where the DMCA actually helps the little guy against the big corporation, rather than the other way around. Bethesda would probably become VERY responsive if modders started issuing DMCA takedown orders to them.

I would expect that an actual lawsuit would be a nightmarish quagmire and would never be worthwhile for the modder... but that cuts both ways, and Bethesda's own lawyers would surely not want to risk getting bogged down in that quagmire.

can we pls stop promoting mis information, everything belongs to bethesda i.e. any mods created, nothing belongs to the modders except the creativity ideas, now how is Skyrim SE gonna be different from vanilla skyrim or FO4...

think of it this way w/o skyrim how could mods even exist... or be created..

my 5 cents

I was actually interested in the discussion its a shame you feel the need to delete posts just because you think its ridiculous gregathit.

No, it's good. It was getting off-topic and becoming hostile.

off-topic, for a post of two, it is not a problem.

Derailing is.

And hostility is for sure not accepted.

So Greg did just good in cleaning up the thread.

I was actually interested in the discussion its a shame you feel the need to delete posts just because you think its ridiculous gregathit.

No, it's good. It was getting off-topic and becoming hostile.

off-topic, for a post of two, it is not a problem.

Derailing is.

And hostility is for sure not accepted.

So Greg did just good in cleaning up the thread.

Alright I guess its fine idk i just hate when discussion is shut down no matter what it is tbh

An argument over EULA's is so utterly ridiculous that it doesn't belong ANYWHERE (outside of a court of law), let alone here.  The shame is that anyone would waste their time arguing about it or reading about others arguing.  

Seriously, like anything productive could possibly come from the argument.  I've deleted I don't know how many posts and threads that spiraled out of control over this same stupid subject, so no, I'm not going to let this see the light of day here anymore.

The nonsense argument violated the no drama rule, and we do try to enforce the rules now and again.

Edit: If you really want to waste your time arguing over what a EULA is and isn't, open a thread in the off topic section and POLITELY waste your time there.  You'll accomplish more by masturbating with a cheese grater than discussing EULA's, but hey, do what makes you happy.

But no more talk of it in this thread, or this section!

Edit:  By the way, if you are hoping to become educated about what a EULA is and isn't, as well as what can/can't be licensed and how, then do the smart thing, talk to a lawyer.  Yes, legal advice, should come from someone who has a legal background.  I know that might sound silly, but it is just some free advice.  Talking with folks on the internet to become "informed" about law is pretty much akin to going downtown to discuss wealth management with the homeless.  You certainly are free to do it, but why would you?

the skse discussion has been had already by lotsa skyrim folk on yt. so most of everything is going to break. a shame too. i just created my custom followers and planned a playthru with them.

The original Skyrim isn't going away... personally, I'm going to wait at least a few months before trying to play it (although I'll definitely check out the visuals). Let the SKSE team do their thing, and let important mods like CACO and LotD get ported. THEN get serious about transferring my modlist.

Heck, I'm still playing New Vegas. In the modding world, a game that has time to mature and ferment a bit is much better than something fresh off the shelf.

Well isn't that nice.

I've seen Youtube comments and twitter. I'll take a curated forum over an anarchic one every time.

Well isn't that nice.

I've seen Youtube comments and twitter. I'll take a curated forum over an anarchic one every time.

I agree to a point. I prefer a PROPERLY curated forum over an anarchic one. I have greatly reduced my postings here on this site and almost no post on areas of the site at all due to some of our members just itching to have a forum fight on a subject instead of a discussion.

To be blunt I can see / seen that the subject would be a subject that would derail the discussion of the thread. It has before and likely would again. The subject would start out with relevant data related to thread but would be shortly later during the discussion changed to more focus the *redacted* subject.

Also having or leaving the post above about the subject is now causing a derailment over the removal and or not removal of the subject and how it is better to have a properly curated forum over a anarchic one.

I don't understand why the thread discussion wasn't just split out and placed where the admin/moderators would find it acceptable and away from this thread? Then a simple link post to the new location for the continued discussion if / when this pops up again? Then everything related to it could be sent over to that thread keeping the other threads nice and tidy. They did this with Fallout 4 speculation threads that kept on popping up and disrupting the site as well as other subjects before.

That just seems a lot easier than arguing about the validity of the subject or having a lengthy discussion on the discussion of it being removed. :( a discussion that seems to be re-ignited each time gregathit edits his post on the subject.

VRAM cap?

for the dx9 architecture windows 10 caps available memory usage (Vram+Ram) at 4064 or 4gbs

Hello, Skyrim Remastered HD release is a month away and I ask that will bethesda release support for DX11 or 64bit in general, so that the VRAM cap issue will be fixed for windows 10 systems.

The cap is only on DX9 you can use the video memory test by boris to confirm that.