Why not mod for Fallout 4

Fallout 4 has been out since last November but the mods that are surfacing are not as good both qualitatively and quantitatively.( Obviously there are a few exceptions). But my Main question is why is there still so much support for Skyrim even tough F04's creation kit has been released. I am still seeing many skyrim mods in dev. Why not move focus to FO4 instead of continuing dev for Skyrim. Dont get me wrong I love skyrim but we should share the love. What do the lovely people of Loverslab think. Any opinion is values no matter how unproductive it is :)   

Some modders are modding for FO4, others are sticking with Skyrim. Each for their own reasons.

My chief reason for sticking to Skyrim is that Fallout has a distinct lack of swords, sorcery, and dragons. AKA: I prefer a fantasy setting. A post-apocalyptic future just doesn't interest me, no matter how interesting the guns may get.

There are many reasons:-

People thought the game was just 'wank' (bad).

People prefer fantasy setting over post-apocalyptic setting.

Waiting for a lot of bugs being ironed out.

Waiting for all DLC to be released.

Waiting for steam sale.

Waiting for NifSkope plugin to be finished (might already be finished, haven't checked)

Waiting for 3DS Max plugin to be finished (same as above) 

Waiting for script extender to be finished (same as above)

Lots more reasons that i can't think of right now. 

PS, I thought FO4 was kinda meh and don't have the urge to play it again and i didn't even complete the main story or any factions.

Some like me haven't wasted anything on fallout 4 as they are waiting for it to go into the bargain bin and just because the CK is out doesn't mean that now everyone will be modding as it will take time to figure out what everything is like in the new CK as none are 100% the same as the last one. Just because fallout 4 came out doesn't mean modding for skyrim will change at least not for a long time.

Don't feel bad OP,

I asked this question 10 years ago....But uh I had a fair bit more posts, a few friends, and a couple of my own mods under my belt.

Thing is really why should I stop modding for Skyrim when I have am a member of a Team here on LL that develops kinky sex mods?

Does Fallout 4 have a kinky animation framework?

Nope it doesn't.

I'm also one of the key guys getting the permissions to push forward the UUNP conversion posts on the other site and also here come to think of it...That's getting the perms and making the conversions, posting the files, and keeping up with updates and maintenance its a lot of work but it makes for some slick sliders.

Come to think of it there isn't one piece for Devious Devices or Deviously Cursed Loot that the team officially uses that I haven't spent quite a lot of time making and refining sliders for.

I still make sliders and posted several just this week.

The thing is Skyrim is still fun and some of the very big projects out there are not going to ever finish if people just suddenly stop development cause a new game is out.

The real key here though is this......

IF your so interested in the production of mods for Fallout 4 than the question really is.........

Why are you not producing mods for Fallout 4?

Waiting for steam sale.

Waiting for NifSkope plugin to be finished (might already be finished, haven't checked)

PS, I thought FO4 was kinda meh and don't have the urge to play it again and i didn't even complete the main story or any factions.

You just need to give it more time to get the ball rolling. 

People are hard at work on the tools needed in order to make the cool mods you see for Skyrim.

You also need to give it a time so more people will overcome their dislike for the game and start appreciating the modding potential it has. 

Many potential FO4 mod authors hate the game for different (and quite valid) reasons but sooner or later their "urge to tinker" and their creativity will win over :-) 

I personally don't see FO4 as a competitor to Skyrim. They complement each-other. I personally see myself using way more bdsm based mods in FO4 while using almost none in Skyrim (this is just an example). The two games/worlds offer potential for completely different experiences. 

Bethesda has completely homogenized Fallout, and I don't feel like doing your homework for you.

As plain and undirected as vanilla Skyrim is, it's still a TES game. FO4 is a hollywood script pitch about the universe as done by scriptwriters who watched 5 minutes of FO2 gameplay, and it's just boring as hell to boot, again which considering it's Fallout, that's a pretty bad day indeed.

Making a black humor apocalypse with that setting is like cooking eggs for breakfast; you can only fuck up that bad on purpose.

Waiting for steam sale.

Bah, bad apple. It's a great game. :)

If you think it's bad, improve it, through modding.

Waiting for steam sale.

Well said playa. People expectations way too high. All I wanted was Bioware experience player exist in world instead brain dead world you don't exist, hello Skyrim. :lol:

Guest endgameaddiction

Waiting for steam sale.

Modding? Typical excuse for anyone to say about bethesda games because that's exactly what it has come down to and given Bethesda the green light to slack off.

And that's what it's come down to, hasn't it? Modders doing the labor work? No longer having to just patch the game but remove unnecessary features like voiced protagonist and the ME dialogue.

I have no sympathy for any modders who decides to tackle these things. It's far too much trouble and too much work to bother. Fallout 4 is just a lost cause and people can't except accept that.

Pray that TES6 doesn't follow the same path.

Well, some people like it, certainly. But a lot of people seem to dislike it really rather strongly.

I'm one of them.

Why though? If a game had flaws but I nevertheless enjoyed playing it, I can see the logic in modding to remove those flaws and make the game more enjoyable. But if the game's flaws are such that I do not enjoy playing it, why should I invest time and effort to try and make it bearable when there are games I already enjoy? It makes no sense.

And the flaws in this game are considerable. At the start I'm locked in to play one of two highly detailed characters, neither of whom I find particularly interesting. The game voice acting tells me how I'm supposed to feel and what I'm supposed to want and also make it difficult to add new quest content seamlessly. The illusion of player choice is shallow at its best with nearly the only meaningful choice in the game being which deciding faction you will let screw over Boston to further their own agenda, the factions are neither likeable nor credible and the quest content is very thin on the ground with gameplay leaning far too heavily on radiant quests, collecting magazines and discovering Sad Skeletons and Amusingly Posed Bears.

On top of that, Bethesda are playing silly buggers with the DLC and this season pass nonsense, they have the CK forum sealed behind a sodding EULA just in case you say anything they subsequently want the rights to and I fully anticipate that, as with Skyrim, we'll get a year or two of updates that break the CK in subtle ways that they won't tell us how to fix until months later.

I'm afraid any enthusiasm I had for modding Fallout 4 died months ago.

That said, I'll look in again in a couple of years. Once they have all the DLC in a package and I can buy the entire game on Steam Sale rather than having to pay for it in installments. Right now though, I'd sooner invest the time in Skyrim. Or Oblivion. Or Morrowind for that matter. Games I enjoy playing.

Is this just another unwelcome rant thread?

The preference for a certain game by a modder has little up to nothing to do with the quality of another game but much with the likes. Same as with love. You don't sleep with everybody just because there are so many that want to, huh? Okay.  Sooner or later any modder is fed up with his beloved game, even love must die, and he moves on, it could be Fallout 4, it could be something else or he gives it up altogether. Be patient, that's all I have to tell you after 15 years in the Bethesda scene.  

Waiting for steam sale.

Modding? Typical excuse for anyone to say about bethesda games because that's exactly what it has come down to and given Bethesda the green light to slack off.

And that's what it's come down to, hasn't it? Modders doing the labor work? No longer having to just patch the game but remove unnecessary features like voiced protagonist and the ME dialogue.

I have no sympathy for any modders who decides to tackle these things. It's far too much trouble and too much work to bother. Fallout 4 is just a lost cause and people can't except that.

Pray that TES6 doesn't follow the same path.

You have no sympathy for modders who care enough about a game they liked to improve it? That's dickish, especially since this site is based on people trying to improve games they like (through sexiness).

Let's try no to speak in absolutes. Some people DID love the game and actually liked the voiced protagonist, myself included. This thread was obviously started by someone who liked FO4 and would like to see more quality mods for it, and some responses are a variation of "Because FO4 objectively sucks". It cannot suck objectively, enormous amounts of concensus are required for suckiness to be objective. Those responses are as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

As a closing statement, I believe that the mod scene for Fallout 4 isn't as strong as Skyrim's because neither the game nor the CK have been out for that long. If it was, though, Skyrim modders have no obligation to migrate to Fallout 4, even if they like the game. Give it some time though, Bethesda made this baby to be as moddable as the ones before it, and many are excited to see what's possible, we just need to figure some things out.

P.S. Don't take this too seriously, but I really, really hope for TES VI to have a voiced protagonist, with the choice to pick between several voices, silent protagonist included. And the dialogue to have multiple, ACTUAL choices in real time, more than 4, navigable with the bumpers of the controller or the wheel of the mouse.  

Archived