Far Harbor trailer released

Or shoudl we turn this into a dictating community where everyone has to say nice and positive things and can't criticize and make negative comments about the game. You don't see me telling people who say happy jolly stuff to STFU! No, because it's not going to happen.

Oh please no! The internet does not need another angry groupthink sycophancy site.

But seriously, "please find my daughter" and the ferry boat? Can't tell me that doesn't remind you of Point Lookout? And the whole swampy scene.

They didn't, did they? Wow. I'm beginning to understand why they wanted everyone to get this stuff on season pass

Are they just reusing most of the base game to make this DLC just like Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC?

I liked Dragonborn. Well, I liked Raven Rock, Tel Mythryn and Apocrypha. Most of it apart from the Reiklings, really. I still can't take them seriously, somehow.

Everyone was sort of expecting an underwater expansion right? I mean there are loads of videos showing evidence of pre-alpha underwater works and frankly about a third of the map is - water. Yet we just keep on getting same old contents with some minor tweaks that could be constructed (and constructed better) by dedicated modding communities.

Yes, there would be challenges for the game mechanic to function flawlessly under water, but keep in mind we are in the presence of a triple A multi-million company. Their refusal to step out of their comfort zone infuriates me.

Anyone whom played both witcher 3 and fallout would know how... insignificant fallout 4 is in comparison. It was a total and brutal domination. As a huge fallout/elderscroll fan i am deeply offended by Bethesdas' lack of...vision and commitment.

Is it me or "Fog Crawler" animations are reused from skyrim.

Probably, Deathclaws use Werewolf animations after all.

So they are serious about turning Murder Hobo Adventures Post-Apocalyptic into Murder Family Member Finder Chronicles Post-Apocalyptic? Bad idea, MHAPA is just so much better than MFMFCPA :P

So basically Fallout 4 is actually a downgrade replicate of Fallout 3 with the whole family hunting scenario and this trailer is basically Point Lookout 2. All it took was the first 6 seconds of the trailer to figure that one out.

No incestious hillbillies, 0/10.

we call them New England Inbreds -- they're usually sporting a bow tie and talking politics. (they're far more dangerous than gun-totin hillbillies because -- they're everywhere...)

So they are serious about turning Murder Hobo Adventures Post-Apocalyptic into Murder Family Member Finder Chronicles Post-Apocalyptic? Bad idea, MHAPA is just so much better than MFMFCPA :P

And here I thought they were committed to the new Murder Hobos With Markings On Their Maps paradigm. Where's the point in making all this fuss about MHWMOTM if they're going to drop it six months later for MFMFCPA? Typical Bethesda!

I KNEW the deathclaw animations look familiar, I just could never figure out where though... NOW I KNOW AND IT CANNOT BE FORGOTTEN

Everyone was sort of expecting an underwater expansion right? I mean there are loads of videos showing evidence of pre-alpha underwater works and frankly about a third of the map is - water. Yet we just keep on getting same old contents with some minor tweaks that could be constructed (and constructed better) by dedicated modding communities.

Yes, there would be challenges for the game mechanic to function flawlessly under water, but keep in mind we are in the presence of a triple A multi-million company. Their refusal to step out of their comfort zone infuriates me.

Anyone whom played both witcher 3 and fallout would know how... insignificant fallout 4 is in comparison. It was a total and brutal domination. As a huge fallout/elderscroll fan i am deeply offended by Bethesdas' lack of...vision and commitment.

Yep, i hate this bait&dissapoint tactic, wich they been doing for such a long time.

Had they done some underwater exploration dlc, something new they havent done yet, i would have actually considered buying the game, but the suit doesnt probably have and meaningful use, beyond baiting you into thinking it does.

Seen a vid of a guy exploring FO4,

where he finds two men fighting eachother, both look the same and you can help one of them by killing the other, but after you do that, there is no quest, no explanation beyond the npc saying a few lines and thats it.

The whole thing is interesting and one would expect to get a quest to find out what happened or atleast be engaged in a conversation to find out more, but instead the npc just walks away.

I mean its obvious one of them is a synth, but nothing meaningful is done with this event, another goldfoil.

I KNEW the deathclaw animations look familiar, I just could never figure out where though... NOW I KNOW AND IT CANNOT BE FORGOTTEN

Yep its copy/pasted from skyrim, the moment i seen that deathclaw running animation, i knew im looking at a werewolf in deathclaw skin :lol:

Are they just reusing most of the base game to make this DLC just like Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC?

I liked Dragonborn. Well, I liked Raven Rock, Tel Mythryn and Apocrypha. Most of it apart from the Reiklings, really. I still can't take them seriously, somehow.

I'm still disappointed no one ever made a Reikling slavery mod. I would've liked to play this scenario in Skyrim :P 

rats_revision_page60_by_faile35-d6bnycw.

rats_revision_page61_by_faile35-d6fkamv.

rats_revision_page62_by_faile35-d6bwqgr.

I said Bethesda was being lazy with Skyrim and most didn't want to believe me. Well folks, Fallout 4 is just further proof of the horribly kept secret that THEY'RE FUCKING LAZY.

Pfft, "lazy". Sure, some things can be better, and when is that not the case, but to just categorically call them lazy shows just how little you realize how much work has gone into these games.

I'm still disappointed no one ever made a Reikling slavery mod. I would've liked to play this scenario in Skyrim :P

I'm totally not into slavery stuff, but that actually looks like fun! :D

I'm totally not into slavery stuff, but that actually looks like fun! :D

I know right :D 

Ah! Good old Demon's Due. Great stuff! :D

Although he seems to have lost the knack of pacing them that he used to have on recent installments. Still, the earlier ones are still cracking good adventures.

... if that's the proper word.

Guest endgameaddiction

I said Bethesda was being lazy with Skyrim and most didn't want to believe me. Well folks, Fallout 4 is just further proof of the horribly kept secret that THEY'RE FUCKING LAZY.

Pfft, "lazy". Sure, some things can be better, and when is that not the case, but to just categorically call them lazy shows just how little you realize how much work has gone into these games.

No, they're not lazy because obviously yes, they've put a lot of development into their games. Open world games, which do take up a lot of time. I can imaine a dungeon alone could take a month or more to have everything working properly from clutter to scripts leading those trigger  events from main quest or side quests.

I'm not too bothered by recycle animations as long as it works. In a sense if it does work, it saves them time and money. But if it is thrown in there for the sake of saving time and money and it turns out to be clunky, then yes, I would say that is laziness.

I wouldn't have guessed the deathclaw uses the werewolf animation because I don't very much care playing as a warewolf in Skyrim and I don't play Fallout 4 to really pay attention to it.

No, they're not lazy because obviously yes, they've put a lot of development into their games. Open world games, which do take up a lot of time. I can imaine a dungeon alone could take a month or more to have everything working properly from clutter to scripts leading those trigger  events from main quest or side quests.

I'm not too bothered by recycle animations as long as it works. In a sense if it does work, it saves them time and money. But if it is thrown in there for the sake of saving time and money and it turns out to be clunky, then yes, I would say that is laziness.

I wouldn't have guessed the deathclaw uses the werewolf animation because I don't very much care playing as a warewolf in Skyrim and I don't play Fallout 4 to really pay attention to it.

Fooled me.  FO4 deathclaws animate so much smoother and more dynamically than Skyrim's werewolves.

Lazy as in removed item condition, limiting dialogue, not allowed to be evil, no karma, no factions, no disguises, no in depth quests with choices, no meaningful story line for the main quest this time around, a bland wasteland that offers only a couple of unique locations and characters in exchange for generic Settler NPCs that you HAVE to babysit as a reference to how you were once a parent so you must now use your skills to tend to the majority of the Commonwealth. Yes lazy indeed in the sense they casualized the Fallout franchise and we will have to rely on Obsidian to make a TRUE RPG once more with all the mature content and gruesome details that made you actually believe it was the real deal of a apocalyptic situation where prude and civilized were extinct. (I still miss the hookers, there's no one squishy except the ghouls now)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story wise this DLC sounds exactly like the base game; you search for someone and choose a faction to fight for and claim the wasteland as theirs.

Lazy as in removed item condition, limiting dialogue, not allowed to be evil, no karma, no factions, no disguises, no in depth quests with choices, no meaningful story line for the main quest this time around, a bland wasteland that offers only a couple of unique locations and characters in exchange for generic Settler NPCs that you HAVE to babysit as a reference to how you were once a parent so you must now use your skills to tend to the majority of the Commonwealth. Yes lazy indeed in the sense they casualized the Fallout franchise and we will have to rely on Obsidian to make a TRUE RPG once more with all the mature content and gruesome details that made you actually believe it was the real deal of a apocalyptic situation where prude and civilized were extinct. (I still miss the hookers, there's no one squishy except the ghouls now)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story wise this DLC sounds exactly like the base game; you search for someone and choose a faction to fight for and claim the wasteland as theirs.

Not much of that could really be considered laziness though, a lack of proper planning or forethought in some cases; the current realities of being a major public business with multiple franchises in others. 

When it comes down to it they're trying to make a profit, making a profit in this case would be avoiding the public watchdogs and naysayers from coming down on their heads hard if they released anything too violent or sexualised, and making the game fit a general audience. 

I don't get why they added limited dialogue options, and stuff like that, I had some stuff planned that I'll never be able to make until someone clever finds a good way of adding more than four dialogue options to the UI that bypasses the hardcoded creation kit limitations.  They could've easily put it in the UI without adding it to the creation kit in the way they did, a lot of the things they've done seem to have no valid justification. 

I love Fallout 4, but seriously I sometimes wish I could slap whoever made these decisions over the head with a tuna. 

I read a discussion about comic book artists a while back. Someone made the point that as artists get older, some improve their style to make better artwork, while others keep their style about the same but get faster when it comes to making the actual drawings.

That's sort of how I feel about Fallout 4; there's a lot of work that's gone into this, but a lot of it seems to be aimed at making it possible to develop games cheaper and faster rather than making a the game more enjoyable for the player. Which would be all right if the game was at least as enjoyable as Fallout 3 or Skyrim. As it is, it looks lazy because (from a purely player perspective) the effort is being misapplied.

Damn, you guys are really trying to justify smearing the game devs of being lazy.  I agree that there are some design choices that are questionable but trust me, there's nothing lazy about organizing and overseeing voice actors and implementing their lines.  Do you guys also apply the same smear to Bioware and CD Project as that's likely where BSG got the inspiration from (one that I feel is misguided given their kind of game).

Let's not forget, this game also has great things that they should never go back on such as a deeper crafting system, base building, gun play, instant loot, etc.

Damn, you guys are really trying to justify smearing the game devs of being lazy.

The game devs are OK in my book. If I say "lazy" I'm meaning more the management's willingness to invest time in making a more enjoyable game (as opposed to making a game more efficiently)

Let's not forget, this game also has great things that they should never go back on such as a deeper crafting system, base building, gun play, instant loot, etc.

Well, yeah. They'd all have been excellent features in a game that had a full compliment of quests. However it seems to me that they're being used as substitutes for hand written quests. I can understand that - quest writing is hard and debugging them can be murder, and from Beth's point of view that time and effort could probably be better applied elsewhere. It looks to me like they want to reduce the number of intricate hand coded quests and replace them with radiants (write one, you've written the lot) base-building, collectable magazines and Amusingly Posed Bears.

It makes a sort of sense. Less creativity goes into the games, but they make them faster and release more often. They might lose a few customers, but if the profits go up, whose going to care?

Damn, you guys are really trying to justify smearing the game devs of being lazy.

The game devs are OK in my book. If I say "lazy" I'm meaning more the management's willingness to invest time in making a more enjoyable game (as opposed to making a game more efficiently)

Well, yeah. They'd all have been excellent features in a game that had a full compliment of quests. However it seems to me that they're being used as substitutes for hand written quests. I can understand that - quest writing is hard and debugging them can be murder, and from Beth's point of view that time and effort could probably be better applied elsewhere. It looks to me like they want to reduce the number of intricate hand coded quests and replace them with radiants (write one, you've written the lot) base-building, collectable magazines and Amusingly Posed Bears.

It makes a sort of sense. Less creativity goes into the games, but they make them faster and release more often. They might lose a few customers, but if the profits go up, whose going to care?

You sound like EA. lol

Damn, you guys are really trying to justify smearing the game devs of being lazy.  I agree that there are some design choices that are questionable but trust me, there's nothing lazy about organizing and overseeing voice actors and implementing their lines.  Do you guys also apply the same smear to Bioware and CD Project as that's likely where BSG got the inspiration from (one that I feel is misguided given their kind of game).

The crafting is wonderful, but  without item condition I feel like my armory is less 'charming' I don't feel like I need to protect anything and rely on another weapon/outfit to save my better stuff for tougher foes or larger crowds of enemies and traps. I can also become OP because of this and the perks with no level cap making me a god among men and no longer just another wastelander like before where I had to choose carefully or suffer the consequences making things more intriguing.

The base building while at first was wonderful, became a chore and a nucense; you have to babysit all these generic NPCs called Settler with no interaction other than trade and have to do EVERYTHING for them while they play a looping animation that does nothing.

Gun play is great though that we can all agree on. Its a wonderful improvement with smoother controls and detailed animations.

Looting is easier and quicker now and less irritating when grabbing several bottle caps laying on top of a desk and then opening the desk several times before picking up a single cap.

They tried too hard and failed to copy Bioware with the limited dialogue, voice acting, and 'romance' (which sucks donkey balls they just stand there and talk). Guess it would've been 'technically impossible' for them to add interactions among characters such as hugs, crying, kissing, etc. for situations, choices, and relationships....since you know...they looked towards Bioware's Mass Effect and Dragon Age. I couldn't care less about the real time 'cinematic camera' as before you zoomed in and interacted with the person with a variety of dialogue showing what you will say and time stops all around you. It does however break away from immersion and its not a choice either you HAVE to go cinematic you can't go old fashion and look directly at the person in question.

They did indeed go lazy in many directions and so much of the game screams rushed. Its an OK casual open world Call of Duty but as an RPG it falls short compared to before. Hopefully Obsidian gets hold of Fallout again and brings us something better like before. BGS just dumbs down the game each installment to the point there's nothing to remove or as Howard says "Next gen streamlined, it just works".

Far Harbor just feels like Point Lookout again (new location, search for a woman, get caught up in someone elses mess along the way)-and the base game of Fallout 4; You search for a single person and then get caught up in a war between a few factions and must join one to claim the wasteland as theirs. For $25 it doesn't seem worth it unless you're a fanboy. I remember being ripped off with Dragonborn for Skyrim. So much of it was just base game content with a few new models and scripts. Just more dungeon crawling with new shouts, boring! Creatures were identical to many of the base game's creatures via behavior and animations; Lurker was the giant, Ash Spawn was the Draugr, Ash Jumper was the Skeever it didn't feel that unique. I just can't see why buying Far Harbor is worth it based on what's given so far, its just base game all over again in a smaller download with less content and features. Heck, do we even have choices this time around? Can we NOT shoot everything? Can we persuade more or intimidate people? Are there unique locations other than one or two small settlements a la Diamond City and Good Neighbor and everything else is a small farm with generic Settlers that require you to babysit them? The base building isn't optional either its forced onto you in Fallout 4. I don't want to have to take care of all these people. Just because i was a parent before the bombs doesn't mean I need to be one again the the whole Commonwealth! But apparently you do and must be one. :/

Otherwise....there's nothing to do in Fallout 4. Settlements is everything about it. Crap main story with no meaning and zero good acting on the voice actors side (even when you get out of the chamber and open your spouse's they don't sound legit, they don't seem to care about their significant other). Far Harbor just looks like the base game all over again. What type of new features are there? What's going to be added to change up the dull formula of Fallout 4's base product? Is this just another pointless DLC? Is it really just another of what we've seen already with no new twists to make it worth it for us older fans who've been around for so long? I just don't see it yet, hopefully when more information is given though......

Yep its copy/pasted from skyrim, the moment i seen that deathclaw running animation, i knew im looking at a werewolf in deathclaw skin :lol:

I'm ok with critics, but sometimes you got to be real and not go with the hate train.

Just a few comparisons and it's fairly obvious that the animations are far from a simple copy/paste. The werewolf animations in Skyrim were crappy at best. Hell even the claw attack is different. Deathclaws have idle animations, different running animations (crippled, running, walking, zigzag dodge).

Here :

https://gfycat.com/DirtyUnrulyEgret

VS this :

Not only it's different, but the level of detail is better.

Now laziness ? I do agree to some level : the recycled crappy engine, reused sounds (skyrim Fireball) and surely some other things. But it's usual for any company to reuse existing assets (I don't trully mind for some sounds, I hardly noticed).

About the engine they said they didn't find one that could let them do all the things they do with the one they have atm :"taking and moving many many objects in the world etc". I don't know much about programming, but I didn't believe that excuse lol

You sound like EA. lol

Just to be clear: that was intended neither as a recommendation nor as an endorsement :P

Archived