Far Harbor trailer released

Guest MonsterFish

There was definitely a chaurus in there. Probably a mutated nymph and the thing with the angler-fish head is probably a mutated frog or something.

Guest MonsterFish

https://bethesda.net/data/images/event/118/Fallout4_FarHarbor_FogCrawler_730x411.jpg

From the title it looks like this thing is called a 'Fog Crawler'. I can't really think of what it could be but it looks like either a beetle nymph or maybe just a beetle or some sort of mutant crab. I doubt it would be a mantis since they there were none indigenous to that area and likely couldn't survive. Considering the legs, it's more likely an insect than a crab.

WTH was that last image, a Nick V. look-a-like with Vacuum tubes sticking out of it's head and shoulders (with monitors behind him). A Synth controlling Far Harbor maybe? looks to be a fishing community type island and looks like boat access as well.

I didn't see any Tentacle monsters but there was something that looked similar to a Chaurus running across that pond. there was also what looked like a sort of hard shelled squid maybe that was the tentacle monster? Looks pretty cool just the same though. looks like a new gaff hook type weapon as well which might suggest a few new animations.

The squid headed thing was at 1:03, it was a pretty short shot.

Anyway, regardless of what it is, the tentacles appeared to be animated, which would imply that they have joints and are rigged. And that would give.. possibilities once someone manages to extract the skeleton. I don't expect them to have fine control, but it could still be useful ^_^

Guest MonsterFish

Is that a scuba suit at 30 seconds?

Yes it is. I saw it somewhere else where a guy managed to get early access to it and he said that it's a fully functioning scuba suit. I can't seem to find it now.

https://bethesda.net/data/images/event/118/Fallout4_FarHarbor_FogCrawler_730x411.jpg

From the title it looks like this thing is called a 'Fog Crawler'. I can't really think of what it could be but it looks like either a beetle nymph or maybe just a beetle or some sort of mutant crab. I doubt it would be a mantis since they there were none indigenous to that area and likely couldn't survive. Considering the legs, it's more likely an insect than a crab.

Great, just what the wasteland needs more gross mutant bugs :(

Is that a scuba suit at 30 seconds?

Yes it is. I saw it somewhere else where a guy managed to get early access to it and he said that it's a fully functioning scuba suit. I can't seem to find it now.

Maybe well have the uderwater cut questline now :lol:. I really wanted to explore the sea on the commonwealth, but it was too empty. Cait get your stuff were going ion an expedition! :)

when that creature jumps out of the water if you do a slo-mo on it it looks like a great white with arms, it's got a set of teeth like a GW.

SS:Quick nick kill it with fire!

Nick: I dont think itll work.

SS: Its coming for Us!!! I knew I should have brought the big guns!!!! :lol:

Guest endgameaddiction

So basically Fallout 4 is actually a downgrade replicate of Fallout 3 with the whole family hunting scenario and this trailer is basically Point Lookout 2. All it took was the first 6 seconds of the trailer to figure that one out.

So basically Fallout 4 is actually a downgrade replicate of Fallout 3 with the whole family hunting scenario and this trailer is basically Point Lookout 2. All it took was the first 6 seconds of the trailer to figure that one out.

No incestious hillbillies, 0/10.

Guest MonsterFish

The armor at 0:48 looks pretty cool. Is just me or does it look like a fusion core at the top of that backpack? Light power armor would be nifty.

Might be connected to the helmet. Provide Nightvision/Power for a Gas Mask/Scuba Air Filter or something?

Might just be decoration.

Also, I hope we get usable boats now. It's kind of ridiculous that people are restoring power armor and vertibirds, but somehow the secrets of oars and sails have been lost to the ages. Practically, I just want a way to get to Spectacle Island without swimming.

So the thing is coming out AFTER doom and dam near end of the month too. On top of that it looks like nick or maybe the real nick at the end of the video? I guess this DLC is what the harpoon was for, oh and yeah I was thinking it was more like that dam insulting hillbilly stereotype shit from F3 as well. I would like to see some kind of parody of beth developers mod just to piss them off:-)

I heard there was a beta of this DLC and some people spilling plot stuff on reddit so be careful what you read about it.

Guest endgameaddiction

Mogie, it's unavoidable. You can't expect and demand a community without criticism in it. Or negative feedback. I'm not sure why you are even letting it get to you when you can simply use the ignore feature. It'll solve you a whole lot of problems. It would save a whole lot of people the effort of responding to things they feel uncomfortable agreeing with, A forum topic/thread is opened for discussion. Simple as that. Your arguing about it is what will close the thread. In fact, anyone who argues against someone's opinion because they don't want to read it, like it is usually the cause of either derailment, or locked thread.

Or shoudl we turn this into a dictating community where everyone has to say nice and positive things and can't criticize and make negative comments about the game. You don't see me telling people who say happy jolly stuff to STFU! No, because it's not going to happen.

And the thing is, I've never seen youngfool complain about the game until now. If this your comment was directed towards me, I'd get it. But hey, I live up to my title. And the more it bothes you, the more tend to laugh cynically.

Let the love and hatred spread freely as long as it's not directly hurting anyone. Which in this case btw, it's not. But see this is a result of fanboy. Not making fun of you or calling you one, but this is typically how they react. And there's only been what, two comments on here that you don't agree to?

Enjoy your Point Lookout 2. I think it looks pretty cool. I think Boston even looks cool. Bethesda no doubt does a fantastic job on the world and atmosphere. They always seem to nail it. But seriously, "please find my daughter" and the ferry boat? Can't tell me that doesn't remind you of Point Lookout? And the whole swampy scene.

I agree that it has a Point Lookout reloaded thing, the first seconds with the "find my daughter" is quite awful, they could really have chosen something else to introduce the DLC trailer...

main game : look for your son, DLC : find my daughter... great, next DLC find grandpa

But, it's just what it is, a trailer, we don't know about the story yet. All I know for sure is that I'm going to turn the atom cult to ashes and send back the synths to the Institute lol.

Let's just hope the rifles won't be crap for endgame, tired of being pigeon-holed into plasma weapons

Doesn't say much and that's a big concern.

Does that mean the dialogue will be lacking as the base game?

Will there be no in depth quests with choices and meaningful stories like the base game?

Will there be nothing but a few small settlements with generic Settler NPCs like the base game?

Will there be no new companions?

Will there be any interactions with base game companions to this DLC?

Will there be unique characters and locations unlike the base game?

Will there be no ways of role playing like the base game?

Are they just reusing most of the base game to make this DLC just like Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC?

Just how detailed is this 'new world' supposed to be?

How many new outfits are there?

How many new weapons are there?

How many new crafting stuff is there?

How much new settlement building content is there?

Is there any new features for settlement building?

Is it really going to worthy of the asking price?

Just how far down is BGS sinking to not remember what a RPG is?

So many questions, so little time, so little hope. After the failure base game can anything be done to save it? Especially something that isn't a mod or two?

Archived