Hey ... please check this mod .. I think it really really works with your mod .. maybe consider adding it to yours

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81187/?

Also I have to suggest adding some crawl walking animations .... 

here take this mod ... it is perfect for your mod also 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22604/?

and maybe give this a look also

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33097/?

Hi Amrovich,

I have contacted the author of the Nox Daedric textures to see if I can get permission to use them in the Tiefling mod.

Thanks for the suggestion

dePog

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe he is referring to the thin dragon tails version in this tails collection 

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/31787-hdt-dragon-tails/

Tief uses the thin mesh from Jacques00 mod. As far as I am aware the dragon tails don't come any smaller.

However, if you were to load Jacques larger dragon tail version after the Tiefling mod, then I suppose Tief would have a larger tail. Uninstalling the Dragon Tails mod should revert Tief's tail back to thin.

Hey ... please check this mod .. I think it really really works with your mod .. maybe consider adding it to yours

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81187/?

Also I have to suggest adding some crawl walking animations .... 

here take this mod ... it is perfect for your mod also 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22604/?

and maybe give this a look also

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33097/?

Hey Amrovich,

I received a reply from the author of the 'Daedric Princess Nox' mod. He said that his mod had to get lots of other authors' permissions and so he couldn't give me permission to use Nox.

If you want to use the Nox textures for Tiefling you would have to make sure you had the UUNP version of Tiefling installed (because Nox is UUNP), and then transfer all the files from the Nox texture folder over to Tief's texture folder:

from

Data\textures\CustomRaces\CustomNord

to

Data\textures\bhakti\lunari\actors\character\female

hope that helps.

Cheers,

dePog

Is there any actual difference in effect between Tiefling Morph and Tiefling Transformation?  They both appear to be the same ability with only a magic cost and cosmetic difference so far.

Morph should remove Tief's tail and horns. It was a request by some players early in the development of Tiefling. I never use it personally, but if you want a bare bum to look at I suppose it has some purpose, lol.

Hey can I make a suggestion to make transition between Tiefling gameplay and normal gameplay? Make it an MCM option, maybe somehow make it so that it checks your character's race flag, if it's Tiefling then the option will lock itself to on, however if it picks up the race flag as any of the vanilla races or unknown (For custom races) then you have the option of turning the Tiefling gameplay on and off in case you want to play like a Tiefling on a different race

Now i'd say when you turn the option on, it will completely empty your inventory of all armor and weapons you're carrying and give you the tiefling stuff as well as take away all spells for the magic skills that are locked to tieflings (As well as removing any perks you may have in those trees) and give you the tiefling spells, but of course you have the option of not using some of them if it doesn't make sense to the race or what you're going for

A suggestion would be to have Tiefling Morph allow selling items for money, but still at the x17 penalty. That would make the increased magicka cost worthwhile and be in line with the shop penalty description being "Horns and Tail! Go Away!"

Considering Tiefling starts with a 25 speech she never gets to use I think this would be a cool addition.  It would also make using skills like smithing much more accessible after gaining freedom.

Hey can I make a suggestion to make transition between Tiefling gameplay and normal gameplay? Make it an MCM option, maybe somehow make it so that it checks your character's race flag, if it's Tiefling then the option will lock itself to on, however if it picks up the race flag as any of the vanilla races or unknown (For custom races) then you have the option of turning the Tiefling gameplay on and off in case you want to play like a Tiefling on a different race

Now i'd say when you turn the option on, it will completely empty your inventory of all armor and weapons you're carrying and give you the tiefling stuff as well as take away all spells for the magic skills that are locked to tieflings (As well as removing any perks you may have in those trees) and give you the tiefling spells, but of course you have the option of not using some of them if it doesn't make sense to the race or what you're going for

A suggestion would be to have Tiefling Morph allow selling items for money, but still at the x17 penalty. That would make the increased magicka cost worthwhile and be in line with the shop penalty description being "Horns and Tail! Go Away!"

Considering Tiefling starts with a 25 speech she never gets to use I think this would be a cool addition.  It would also make using skills like smithing much more accessible after gaining freedom.

Archmage94

I am tossing up whether to rewrite Tiefling from scratch, as that is the only way to make it able to transition over to Skyrim SE. The suggestions you make would require this as the current mod is ingrained heavily into the Lunari mod. When I first started this mod I had no idea how involved it would become, plus I was new to mod creation and did not realise the corner I was painting myself into.

However, SE does not have HDT capabilities and so the dragon style tails would not function, breasts and hair would be rigid. I just can't get enthused about SE apart from the fact that it would make Tiefling accessable to Xbox players. Tiefling has thousands of lines of scripting in order to change the normal gameplay of Skyrim, such as changes to: regen, level up functionality, weapon and armor checks, save functionality, glamour functionality, bleedout and medic mechanics, etc. Plus SE does not have SKSE and MCM as yet, if ever. And one of the things I haven't taught myself yet is creating an MCM menu, lol.

Anyway, I just have to get my head around the question of whether I want to start from scratch in order to make Tiefling more efficient, more adaptable to other race choices, and also capable of porting over to SE. Sigh....

nbanyan and mercplatypus

Interesting thoughts. Although when I started Tiefling it was one of my aims to make the gameplay harder and force the character to be self sufficient, rather than being able to buy her way through the game. But I suppose, in order to make Tief more adaptable to different peoples gameplay desires, what you suggest is worth investigating. How would you feel about some greater consequence if Tief chooses Morph instead of Transform, say perhaps she can only Morph once per day, or recover time takes longer, or ..... (your suggestion here)

The once per day should be plenty. I imagined that allowing selling to merchants wouldn't entirely remove the merchant penalty as in an item with a base price of 150 (that we'd buy for 2550), we'd sell for 9. It's not very much, but provides a small benefit from  for all the unused junk we tend to stockpile from all the dungeons.

I started my character on 2.5.0 and updated to 2.5.2 when it came out. I found the 7th boon today and the pulse skill died. Using the update pillar doesn't help before or after picking up the 7th. Are there any console commands that could force the resist threshold for the pulses and would stamina drains from Realistic Needs or Milk Mod status debufs interfere with the update script? Since the pulses are channeling Oblivion, it would make sense story wise that after 7 boons it would become weaker and eventually be useless as Tiefling further distances herself from her father's realm.

Considering she has a high speech skill and can't actually make use of most of what she can buy (weapons, armor, healing potions, etc.) I don't think it would make things much easier at all, just somewhat less time consuming when you finally can make use of crafting.  It already consumes double the magic cost that transform carries and when you add no natural magic regen that is a fairly significant disadvantage in its own right.

If you want a greater penalty though I can think of something a touch more interesting and thematic than 1/day or recovery.  Loss of Daedric abilities in human form, preferably including the claws if it could be done.  That would make trips into town much more potentially hazardous considering you'd be virtually helpless during vampire attacks and the like.

Honestly speaking though I do hope you consider doing the rewrite for SSE when the script extender is finally done.  Even though it would be a considerable amount of work I believe you'd be able to make the mod even better with the experience you have gotten so far. Besides, running more efficiently usually also means the mod will work better with other mods and be less prone to crashes which is always a significant plus.

The once per day should be plenty. I imagined that allowing selling to merchants wouldn't entirely remove the merchant penalty as in an item with a base price of 150 (that we'd buy for 2550), we'd sell for 9. It's not very much, but provides a small benefit from  for all the unused junk we tend to stockpile from all the dungeons.

I started my character on 2.5.0 and updated to 2.5.2 when it came out. I found the 7th boon today and the pulse skill died. Using the update pillar doesn't help before or after picking up the 7th. Are there any console commands that could force the resist threshold for the pulses and would stamina drains from Realistic Needs or Milk Mod status debufs interfere with the update script? Since the pulses are channeling Oblivion, it would make sense story wise that after 7 boons it would become weaker and eventually be useless as Tiefling further distances herself from her father's realm.

I thought I had worked out what was causing the 7th Boon issue with regard to the daedric pulse, but have since found the real error. I will release a fix shortly when I fine tune some other stuff I am working on. Sorry for the oops.

Considering she has a high speech skill and can't actually make use of most of what she can buy (weapons, armor, healing potions, etc.) I don't think it would make things much easier at all, just somewhat less time consuming when you finally can make use of crafting.  It already consumes double the magic cost that transform carries and when you add no natural magic regen that is a fairly significant disadvantage in its own right.

If you want a greater penalty though I can think of something a touch more interesting and thematic than 1/day or recovery.  Loss of Daedric abilities in human form, preferably including the claws if it could be done.  That would make trips into town much more potentially hazardous considering you'd be virtually helpless during vampire attacks and the like.

Honestly speaking though I do hope you consider doing the rewrite for SSE when the script extender is finally done.  Even though it would be a considerable amount of work I believe you'd be able to make the mod even better with the experience you have gotten so far. Besides, running more efficiently usually also means the mod will work better with other mods and be less prone to crashes which is always a significant plus.

"Loss of Daedric abilities in human form, preferably including the claws if it could be done."

I'll have a look at the scripting changes I would need to make to see if this will work OK

Considering she has a high speech skill and can't actually make use of most of what she can buy

Perhaps I can script a large boost to her Speech skill when Morphed. I'll see what that does.

Tiefling v2.6.0

1. Morph. Morph (the transformation that removes both tail and horns) now allows Tiefling to trade (both buy and sell) at more reasonable prices (not great, but better). However, the trade off is that Tief's attack damage will drop by about 90% whilst Morphed so you had better hope she doesn't need to fight anything during this time. Also, the massive strain of morphing into human form will damage Tief by 200 health.

2. Changed Venom Pulse to 'Tiefling Scent Squirt'. This is now a very short range squirt of scent that disorients living and undead for about 30 seconds. It also lowers their stamina and magicka temporarily. Affects npc's within about a 25 foot radius of the squirt

3. Adjusted the Oblivion penalty / bonus that Molag imposes. He now takes into account how long you have "wasted" by sleeping, waiting and travelling, and how much health you have lost. He's such a nice guy, Tief's dad, eh?

4. Really fixed the Mara 7 Boon problem this time (sorry bout that). So Tief's pulse attack will now work when reaching 7 Boons.

5. Timescale can now be set at the Temple of Decision. There is a stone in the far right corner. Activating it toggles through the Timescale choices of 5, 8, 12 and 20. The Tiefling mod is set at a default of 5 when you first start a new character, ie. 1 minute = 5 game minutes

6. Added some extra player sounds during healing, servant arrival and departure. Let me know what you think. I am not sure whether I like them or not.

Thanks for the suggestion nbanyan. I have incorporated this idea into v2.6.0

Between the KoS and the Wounds effect, any encounter with guards in an attempt to go to jail results in death. The transform doesn't work for getting around this with Prison Overhaul since zero stamina is part of it's capture sequence. So I'm just going to ignore Prison Overhaul this play-through. The only way I've managed to land in jail is through the Death Alternative/Defeat option to go to jail if killed by a guard, but this is a normal prison scene with a high chance of dying when released if not prepared.

I also tried testing Slaverun. It seems ok (slavers kill all the guards rather quickly) but I ran into a wall with its scripts being difficult; I think it may have problems with some of my other mods, so I'll have to put it off until later also.

Otherwise, after choosing a path (Mara) it's quite playable and unique. For some reason, however, after using alternate start it auto-unequips any of the Tiefling claws but allows common weapons and also allows armor. The claws work perfectly in the cell, however. It's still playable due to the impressive strength of the shield and pulse skills, but I will continue to dissect my mod list to try to find the culprit.

seeing as how prison overhaul is about being within a town for long periods of time, and being around guards, where tiefling is the opposite, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they aren't compatible with each other, and suggest that you don't play with both, play with one or the other

I'm haven't actually tested it yet, but I imagine the guards attacking you on sight would disrupt the Prison Overhaul Parade or Pillory scenario as well as other scenes that require a lot of time in town. I will give a report when I manage to try running the scenarios myself.

One small note, however. As I am running Realistic Needs and Diseases and Bathing in Skyrim it is extremely hard to have any stamina at all (initially I thought the zero stamina was a feature of the restraints). Due to this I think it would be nice to have an option to have magicka be an alternative to stamina for maintaining the transformations.

Also, is there a way to remove the transformation without the magicka cost of recasting it (without using the console)? When I tried playing 2.0.4 I died routinely because I often didn't have enough magicka to recast the transformation spell.

Because Tiefling is a game overhaul that also adds the Tiefling Race, I can't divorce the overhaul changes from the race. My main aim when I started this mod was to change the way Skyrim is played. I wanted a more stealthy type game. Rather than run into a group of 20 enemy with my uber armor and sword of instant death, I wanted the game to require more thought and strategy when attacking and solving quests.

The idea behind stamina being drained whilst transformed is to show the strain that the glamour effect puts on Tief's body. That is why she pukes when the glamour is finally removed. As of the latest versions, Tief won't die from staying glamoured too long, she'll just lose the glamour. If you get the first perk of the Illusion tree that will halve the magicka cost of the Transform spell.

Tief is not very good at being a Town Girl, sorry. If you want to spend most of the game in towns then I can only suggest using a different race.

dePog

If I may make a suggestion about it since following Mara's path is supposed to save you from Molag Bal, perhaps adding a new tier of reward for following Mara's path, where after collecting say, 50 boons, because you don't want it to be too easy, Mara frees you from the curse of being KOS?

Sounds like a reasonable idea, although I think I might go insane collecting 50 Boons, lol. Perhaps something like 20 would be possible.

BTW: I have released version 2.4.0 on Nexus, but because the file size is over 100mb I haven't made it available on LL yet. I will have to split it up, but I am away for a couple of days so I'll do it when I get back.

I think I'd like a spell that has unlimited morph time but makes tief extremely weak, like one or two hits and boom, done, dead, if you have to go in a fight morphed, you will certainly die, also have 50% of health reduced after turning back in tief form to keep things intense, also reduce stamina. While "perma-morphed" also some side effects might include bad vision like a mild motion sickness shake to the camera, or blurry vision for a few seconds from time to time might be fun to see some nose, eyes, ears bleed, buzzing sound from time to time, skin turning pale or other hard penalties and side effects.  

The thing is that I like the Molag Bal gameplay style more than Mara's but also enjoy sexmods and prison overhaul, sanguine's debauchery, devious devices and others... this might work with molag after collectinng 20 Boons or even sooner considering the harsh penalties.

I have my doubds about how morph is handled now. I've been using it mainly to do quests where human company is "forced onto you" and damage is needed. Simple example: first dragon fight after Bleakfall Burrows. Having no more dps while morphed makes a Skyrim playthrough next to impossible imo.

Pretty much sure the tiefling is supposed to pretty much ignore game quests for the most part and spend their time running around trying to find boons appropriate to their choice on bal or mara, though as quite a few dungeons and such are quest locked it does make it a pain at times. 

Though there are plenty of boss type chests not in quest dungeons.

Not too sure how much effort it would be to unlock all the quest dungeons on choosing the side for the tiefling, and the potential to mess things up would I assume be pretty big.

I have my doubds about how morph is handled now. I've been using it mainly to do quests where human company is "forced onto you" and damage is needed. Simple example: first dragon fight after Bleakfall Burrows. Having no more dps while morphed makes a Skyrim playthrough next to impossible imo.

In situations like the first dragon fight, once Tief arrives at the Western Watchtower she is part of the group and can transform back to Tiefling (remove the glamour) and fight the dragon at her full strength. The guards do not attack her as they are also in her faction during that Quest time. So whenever she has a group of 'followers' she should be able to remove her glamour without them attacking her.

Let me know how you get on.