I have my doubds about how morph is handled now. I've been using it mainly to do quests where human company is "forced onto you" and damage is needed. Simple example: first dragon fight after Bleakfall Burrows. Having no more dps while morphed makes a Skyrim playthrough next to impossible imo.

Pretty much sure the tiefling is supposed to pretty much ignore game quests for the most part and spend their time running around trying to find boons appropriate to their choice on bal or mara, though as quite a few dungeons and such are quest locked it does make it a pain at times. 

Though there are plenty of boss type chests not in quest dungeons.

Not too sure how much effort it would be to unlock all the quest dungeons on choosing the side for the tiefling, and the potential to mess things up would I assume be pretty big.

I haven't had any problems doing any of the quests (although the Thalmor Embassy quest takes a bit of planning, lol). Once the quest starts, her followers for that quest don't get upset when she removes her glamour, so she can fight at full strength. I can't think of any questlines that Tief can't handle. Let me know if there are any and I will investigate a fix.

Cheers,

dePog

Between the KoS and the Wounds effect, any encounter with guards in an attempt to go to jail results in death. The transform doesn't work for getting around this with Prison Overhaul since zero stamina is part of it's capture sequence. So I'm just going to ignore Prison Overhaul this play-through. The only way I've managed to land in jail is through the Death Alternative/Defeat option to go to jail if killed by a guard, but this is a normal prison scene with a high chance of dying when released if not prepared.

I also tried testing Slaverun. It seems ok (slavers kill all the guards rather quickly) but I ran into a wall with its scripts being difficult; I think it may have problems with some of my other mods, so I'll have to put it off until later also.

Otherwise, after choosing a path (Mara) it's quite playable and unique. For some reason, however, after using alternate start it auto-unequips any of the Tiefling claws but allows common weapons and also allows armor. The claws work perfectly in the cell, however. It's still playable due to the impressive strength of the shield and pulse skills, but I will continue to dissect my mod list to try to find the culprit.

seeing as how prison overhaul is about being within a town for long periods of time, and being around guards, where tiefling is the opposite, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they aren't compatible with each other, and suggest that you don't play with both, play with one or the other

I'm haven't actually tested it yet, but I imagine the guards attacking you on sight would disrupt the Prison Overhaul Parade or Pillory scenario as well as other scenes that require a lot of time in town. I will give a report when I manage to try running the scenarios myself.

One small note, however. As I am running Realistic Needs and Diseases and Bathing in Skyrim it is extremely hard to have any stamina at all (initially I thought the zero stamina was a feature of the restraints). Due to this I think it would be nice to have an option to have magicka be an alternative to stamina for maintaining the transformations.

Also, is there a way to remove the transformation without the magicka cost of recasting it (without using the console)? When I tried playing 2.0.4 I died routinely because I often didn't have enough magicka to recast the transformation spell.

Because Tiefling is a game overhaul that also adds the Tiefling Race, I can't divorce the overhaul changes from the race. My main aim when I started this mod was to change the way Skyrim is played. I wanted a more stealthy type game. Rather than run into a group of 20 enemy with my uber armor and sword of instant death, I wanted the game to require more thought and strategy when attacking and solving quests.

The idea behind stamina being drained whilst transformed is to show the strain that the glamour effect puts on Tief's body. That is why she pukes when the glamour is finally removed. As of the latest versions, Tief won't die from staying glamoured too long, she'll just lose the glamour. If you get the first perk of the Illusion tree that will halve the magicka cost of the Transform spell.

Tief is not very good at being a Town Girl, sorry. If you want to spend most of the game in towns then I can only suggest using a different race.

dePog

If I may make a suggestion about it since following Mara's path is supposed to save you from Molag Bal, perhaps adding a new tier of reward for following Mara's path, where after collecting say, 50 boons, because you don't want it to be too easy, Mara frees you from the curse of being KOS?

Sounds like a reasonable idea, although I think I might go insane collecting 50 Boons, lol. Perhaps something like 20 would be possible.

BTW: I have released version 2.4.0 on Nexus, but because the file size is over 100mb I haven't made it available on LL yet. I will have to split it up, but I am away for a couple of days so I'll do it when I get back.

I think I'd like a spell that has unlimited morph time but makes tief extremely weak, like one or two hits and boom, done, dead, if you have to go in a fight morphed, you will certainly die, also have 50% of health reduced after turning back in tief form to keep things intense, also reduce stamina. While "perma-morphed" also some side effects might include bad vision like a mild motion sickness shake to the camera, or blurry vision for a few seconds from time to time might be fun to see some nose, eyes, ears bleed, buzzing sound from time to time, skin turning pale or other hard penalties and side effects.  

The thing is that I like the Molag Bal gameplay style more than Mara's but also enjoy sexmods and prison overhaul, sanguine's debauchery, devious devices and others... this might work with molag after collectinng 20 Boons or even sooner considering the harsh penalties.

Wow, and I thought that I wanted to give Tief a hard time, lol.

hmmmm.... I will have to think about how I would script this so that it didn't impinge on other peoples play styles. Perhaps when she gets to around 5% health (from glamour drain) she would enter into the state you describe instead of losing her glamour. Can't promise anything, but I'll look at what I can do.

With the first dragon fight my game did the bug where the guards that Irileth is supposed to lead to the tower didn't spawn (funny watching her give a speech to no one) and Mirmulnir also didn't spawn when I reached the tower due to the quest not progressing.

When I advanced the quest via the console to cause Mirmulnir to show, during the fight several guards spawned as hostile and were quickly killed by my follower and the dragon. Everyone else I had under glamour because I was fighting with guards. I didn't know that the tower guards would join the follower faction during the quest.

But this is also how I fought the random dragon spawns in villages. I'd have the town under glamour as I approached since it's easier than the transformation for short visits and allows quick fighting when needed.

Just updated to 2.6 and from loading a save and anytime I pick up a boon or temptation I get the dialog message listing the number of boons and associated buffs for that level every 5 seconds. The way I've found to make it stop is to use the Survival Mode Activator in the Temple.

With the first dragon fight my game did the bug where the guards that Irileth is supposed to lead to the tower didn't spawn (funny watching her give a speech to no one) and Mirmulnir also didn't spawn when I reached the tower due to the quest not progressing.

When I advanced the quest via the console to cause Mirmulnir to show, during the fight several guards spawned as hostile and were quickly killed by my follower and the dragon. Everyone else I had under glamour because I was fighting with guards. I didn't know that the tower guards would join the follower faction during the quest.

But this is also how I fought the random dragon spawns in villages. I'd have the town under glamour as I approached since it's easier than the transformation for short visits and allows quick fighting when needed.

In playtesting I have gone through the Mirmulnir fight more times than I care to remember. I have never had any issues with guards or the dragon not spawning. I can only presume it is some conflict with another mod. Sorry.

Yes, using the AOE glamour is a good way of keeping Tief's fighting capabilities in town.

Just updated to 2.6 and from loading a save and anytime I pick up a boon or temptation I get the dialog message listing the number of boons and associated buffs for that level every 5 seconds. The way I've found to make it stop is to use the Survival Mode Activator in the Temple.

hmmmm.. perhaps I have a scripting glitch. I'll check it out and get back to you.

TIEFLING v2.6.1 BETA

EDIT: This didn't work properly and has been replaced by 2.6.2 which I have play tested and it does seem to work as intended

I haven't tried out all the changes that I have made in the scripting so only try this if you make a backup that you can revert to. I have made a major change to one of the central scripts that runs every 12 seconds. It controls the bleedout functionality within the game and lots of other things. So you have been warned, lol.

1. Bleedout Partial. Tief now has 3 choices at the Combat Stone (inside the Temple of Decision) instead of the previous two (Bleedout On, Bleedout Off). The new third option allows for bleedout to occur as usual until Tief's health drops below 10%. This option is specifically designed to cater for players who use other mods that would involve Tief being captured after she loses a fight. Previously, with the 'Bleedout On' option she would keep bleeding after capture and die, so most players have had to use the 'Bleedout Off' option. Now you can choose 'Bleedout Partial'.

How does it work?

Once Tief's health drops below 10% bleedout will stop draining health, but it will start draining Magicka and Stamina at a rate proportional to how many wounds she has. The magicka and stamina drain will stop once they get below 5%. So this will allow time for Tief to either win the fight, or run away, or live through a rape sequence. The thought being that if bandits want to rape her they will do enough first aid to stem the flow of blood first so that she can live long enough for them to rape (nice thoughtful rapists I spose). Presumably at some point she will be able to call the medic to have her wounds healed properly.

I haven't fully play tested this, so feedback would be appreciated. I just thought some of you guys would like to test it out.

Obviously Tief can still die if she keeps fighting after her health drops below 10%. A sword through the heart or brain tends to do that, lol.

2. Message Fix. I think I have stopped the Boons message from spamming after 7 Boons. Apparently it was coming up every 5 seconds if you were not playing in Survival Mode. Hopefully this patch fixes that. Let me know.

I can't get as far as riverwood.  If I get into any combat I get hit and then bleed to death. Tried attacking the bandits at the encampment first died even if I surrender.  then tried ignoring them to get to Morthal but the wolves outside Riverwood killed me, well the bleeding after I killed them killed me.  How do I make it to Morthal so I can turn bleeding to partial?

I have my doubds about how morph is handled now. I've been using it mainly to do quests where human company is "forced onto you" and damage is needed. Simple example: first dragon fight after Bleakfall Burrows. Having no more dps while morphed makes a Skyrim playthrough next to impossible imo.

Pretty much sure the tiefling is supposed to pretty much ignore game quests for the most part and spend their time running around trying to find boons appropriate to their choice on bal or mara, though as quite a few dungeons and such are quest locked it does make it a pain at times. 

Though there are plenty of boss type chests not in quest dungeons.

Not too sure how much effort it would be to unlock all the quest dungeons on choosing the side for the tiefling, and the potential to mess things up would I assume be pretty big.

I haven't had any problems doing any of the quests (although the Thalmor Embassy quest takes a bit of planning, lol). Once the quest starts, her followers for that quest don't get upset when she removes her glamour, so she can fight at full strength. I can't think of any questlines that Tief can't handle. Let me know if there are any and I will investigate a fix.

Cheers,

dePog

Oh, never tried that :blush:. Thanks for the info and the lovely Tiefling.

I can't get as far as riverwood.  If I get into any combat I get hit and then bleed to death. Tried attacking the bandits at the encampment first died even if I surrender.  then tried ignoring them to get to Morthal but the wolves outside Riverwood killed me, well the bleeding after I killed them killed me.  How do I make it to Morthal so I can turn bleeding to partial?

Are you calling for the medic to come and stop the bleeding? The 'Plus' key ( + ) on the numeric keypad teleports in your servant to heal you.

You don't need to get to Morthal to adjust options. Once you move away from the Helgen cave area you can teleport to the 'Temple of Decision' and adjust the options to your preference. The 'Star' key ( * ) teleports you to the temple. If you don't have a numeric keypad on your keyboard you can use the Lesser Power called 'Temple Teleport' that is in Tief's spell list.

If you are new to Tiefling I would highly recommend reading the 'Book of Tiefling' user manual because this mod makes a lot of changes to Skyrim's gameplay.

Cheers,

dePog

There is one thing I noticed recently with the wound system.  Spells cast by mages don't appear to cause any form of wounds but the same spells cast by Dragon Priests, Draugr, and Dragon shouts all cause wounds.  Dragon breath appears to cause a massive amount of wounds even when blocked by the daedric shield in fact.  Was this meant to be this way or are magic spells supposed to cause wounds like weapons do?  I assume that Dragons and the like are simply being counted as creature damage.

Are you calling for the medic to come and stop the bleeding? The 'Plus' key ( + ) on the numeric keypad teleports in your servant to heal you.

You don't need to get to Morthal to adjust options. Once you move away from the Helgen cave area you can teleport to the 'Temple of Decision' and adjust the options to your preference. The 'Star' key ( * ) teleports you to the temple. If you don't have a numeric keypad on your keyboard you can use the Lesser Power called 'Temple Teleport' that is in Tief's spell list.

If you are new to Tiefling I would highly recommend reading the 'Book of Tiefling' user manual because this mod makes a lot of changes to Skyrim's gameplay.

Cheers,

dePog

Where is this Book of Tiefling?  I read the book in my inventory but that just explained the buttons and not very well. I was unaware it meant the numpad buttons and I was trying to use the buttons on the main keyboard.  I am not a keyboard and mouse user as I normally just use a controller.

I also didn't see the book in Downloads.

There is one thing I noticed recently with the wound system.  Spells cast by mages don't appear to cause any form of wounds but the same spells cast by Dragon Priests, Draugr, and Dragon shouts all cause wounds.  Dragon breath appears to cause a massive amount of wounds even when blocked by the daedric shield in fact.  Was this meant to be this way or are magic spells supposed to cause wounds like weapons do?  I assume that Dragons and the like are simply being counted as creature damage.

Yes I am looking at revising the bleedout from Dragons. I am thinking that Skyrim must record dragon's breath as multiple hits, otherwise it doesn't make sense.

Scripting can only catch limited data when Tief is hit. It notices a hit then it looks to see what weapon the enemy has equipped. Draugr usually have a sword in one hand and a spell in the other, plus sometimes Shouts. Even though Tief is hit by the spell it sees that the draugr has a sword and so it counts as a sword wound. Mages generally just have spells equipped in both hands and so no wound is recorded. Annoying, but as yet I haven't found a way to convince the Creation Kit that it is an idiot, lol.

Anyway, I will see if I can increase Tief's shield when fighting dragons or some other work around.

Cheers,

dePog

Cheers,

dePog

Where is this Book of Tiefling?  I read the book in my inventory but that just explained the buttons and not very well. I was unaware it meant the numpad buttons and I was trying to use the buttons on the main keyboard.  I am not a keyboard and mouse user as I normally just use a controller.

I also didn't see the book in Downloads.

hmmm.. seems to have disappeared from LL downloads. I will repost it when I have updated it to version 2.6.0

In the meantime you can get version 2.4 book from here

Seeing as you use a controller it would be best if you teleport to the Temple (Z - Temple Of Decision in your spell list) and activate the power stone over towards the back left corner. It will show as Add-Remove Hotkeys as Lesser Powers . This will take all the hotkey functions and make them appear in your spell list as lesser powers, so you won't need to use the numpad.

Hope this helps,

dePog

TIEFLING v2.6.2

2.6.1 didn't work as intended so this release replaces it. The functions described below now work

1. Bleedout Partial. Tief now has 3 choices at the Combat Stone (inside the Temple of Decision) instead of the previous two (Bleedout On, Bleedout Off). The new third option allows for bleedout to occur as usual until Tief's health drops below 10%. This option is specifically designed to cater for players who use other mods that would involve Tief being captured after she loses a fight. Previously, with the 'Bleedout On' option she would keep bleeding after capture and die, so most players have had to use the 'Bleedout Off' option. Now you can choose 'Bleedout Partial'.

How does it work?

Once Tief's health drops below 10% bleedout will stop draining health, but it will start draining Magicka and Stamina at a rate proportional to how many wounds she has. The magicka and stamina drain will stop once they get below 5%. So this will allow time for Tief to either win the fight, or run away, or live through a rape sequence. The thought being that if bandits want to rape her they will do enough first aid to stem the flow of blood first so that she can live long enough for them to rape (nice thoughtful rapists I spose). Presumably at some point she will be able to call the medic to have her wounds healed properly.

Obviously Tief can still die if she keeps fighting after her health drops below 10%. A sword through the heart or brain tends to do that, lol.

2. Message Fix. I think I have stopped the Boons message from spamming after 7 Boons. Apparently it was coming up every 5 seconds if you were not playing in Survival Mode. Hopefully this patch fixes that. Let me know.

3. Vision Blur. When Tief is bleeding out she will now suffer from vision blur. The amount of blurring depends on how much blood she is losing. Calling the medic will stop vision blur.

Let me know if you find any inconsistencies.

Cheers,

dePog

Awesome mod, why did I take so long to try it?

Still have to understand a bit when I have to use glamour and when I don't, because some NPCs just don't seem to care which form I'm in.

I think I have a small bug though, maybe someone can help me with that: I've picked up 5 temptations, and my damage in Tiefling form with venom claws is over 700 now. I don't think that's how it should normally be, because I pretty much onehit everything.

Still have to understand a bit when I have to use glamour and when I don't, because some NPCs just don't seem to care which form I'm in.

I think I have a small bug though, maybe someone can help me with that: I've picked up 5 temptations, and my damage in Tiefling form with venom claws is over 700 now. I don't think that's how it should normally be, because I pretty much onehit everything.

NPC's and KOS -

Most people in Skyrim won't attack you (which is really smart of them if they want to stay alive, lol). The main factions that will treat Tief as KOS are Town Guards, Vigilantes of Stendarr, Bounty Hunters, Giants, and some dogs (not all). If you are in town and want to drop your glamour you can go into a Tavern and as long as there are no Vigilantes or Bounty Hunters you should be sweet. I have also noticed that the odd Imperial soldier takes a dislike to Tief and as I did not program that to happen I am not sure why, but it keeps you on your toes, lol.

Tief's Damage-

Yep 700 sounds about right. Tief is way overpowered for most opponents, but at the same time she is quite vulnerable. So she really can't afford to get into a long battle with multiple opponents or she will bleed to death. If you feel that you need to even out the damage she gives and takes you can use the Deadly Combat mod. I usually set it up so that Tief's Attack Multiplier is at the lowest setting (1.0) and the opponents are are at 5.0 . If you do use Deadly Combat you need to turn off 'Stagger' in its MCM settings because the Tiefling mod already makes Tief stagger when hit hard. Also if you want to give Tief a bit of a challenge with Dragon encounters I would suggest installing Deadly Dragons and putting the setting up to 'Insane'. She can handle it as long as you keep her ward/shield activated.

User Manual-

If you haven't got it already I would suggest downloading the user manual for the mod which is called 'The Book of Tiefling'. This is still only up to version 2.4.0 at the moment, but it will give you most of the gameplay changes that Tiefling mod makes. I am working on the updated manual at the moment for v2.6.3

Hope that helps, and Tief welcomes you to the adventure :)

Cheers,

dePog

NPC's and KOS -

Most people in Skyrim won't attack you (which is really smart of them if they want to stay alive, lol). The main factions that will treat Tief as KOS are Town Guards, Vigilantes of Stendarr, Bounty Hunters, Giants, and some dogs (not all). If you are in town and want to drop your glamour you can go into a Tavern and as long as there are no Vigilantes or Bounty Hunters you should be sweet. I have also noticed that the odd Imperial soldier takes a dislike to Tief and as I did not program that to happen I am not sure why, but it keeps you on your toes, lol.

Tief's Damage-

Yep 700 sounds about right. Tief is way overpowered for most opponents, but at the same time she is quite vulnerable. So she really can't afford to get into a long battle with multiple opponents or she will bleed to death. If you feel that you need to even out the damage she gives and takes you can use the Deadly Combat mod. I usually set it up so that Tief's Attack Multiplier is at the lowest setting (1.0) and the opponents are are at 5.0 . If you do use Deadly Combat you need to turn off 'Stagger' in its MCM settings because the Tiefling mod already makes Tief stagger when hit hard. Also if you want to give Tief a bit of a challenge with Dragon encounters I would suggest installing Deadly Dragons and putting the setting up to 'Insane'. She can handle it as long as you keep her ward/shield activated.

User Manual-

If you haven't got it already I would suggest downloading the user manual for the mod which is called 'The Book of Tiefling'. This is still only up to version 2.4.0 at the moment, but it will give you most of the gameplay changes that Tiefling mod makes. I am working on the updated manual at the moment for v2.6.3

Hope that helps, and Tief welcomes you to the adventure :)

Cheers,

dePog

Wow, thanks for the long answer :). I had not considered the bleeding, as I haven't been in fights with many oponents at the same time until now. That seems like an appropriate downside. I also haven't even started the main quest line yet, dragon fights might be more challenging than the average bandit.

When switching back to humanoid from Beast Form, Tief's horns default to the Ram Horns instead of restoring the Dragonscale Horns. In the temple, the rotation remains the same as if I had the Dragonscale Horns equipped (next in rotation is the Purple Horns).

When switching back to humanoid from Beast Form, Tief's horns default to the Ram Horns instead of restoring the Dragonscale Horns. In the temple, the rotation remains the same as if I had the Dragonscale Horns equipped (next in rotation is the Purple Horns).

hmmmm... haven't seen that happen. I presume you are talking about the Morph spell? I have only used morph five or six times lately, but have not encountered an issue with the horns.

hmmmm... haven't seen that happen. I presume you are talking about the Morph spell? I have only used morph five or six times lately, but have not encountered an issue with the horns.

The werewolf power, actually.

The werewolf power, actually.

Oh.. Werewolf scripting is part of the main Shyrim game so I am not sure what it is doing. I have never played as a werewolf so I haven't seen this happen. I suppose I could set up a script similar to Tief's 'Tail Twitch' where she momentarily removes and then reapplies her horns. That would probably fix the issue.

Did it always cause this issue, or only recent versions of Tiefling?

Oh.. Werewolf scripting is part of the main Shyrim game so I am not sure what it is doing. I have never played as a werewolf so I haven't seen this happen. I suppose I could set up a script similar to Tief's 'Tail Twitch' where she momentarily removes and then reapplies her horns. That would probably fix the issue.

It's probably always been there. I only recently started the werewolf quests in the last couple weeks. However, I vaguely remember the horns resetting before, likely in conjunction with some other random mod content, but I don't remember any of those specifics.

Another annoyance that I don't know what has caused it (might be because I'm playing werewolf right now?), but Mara's Prayer doesn't activate. I stopped using it a while ago because I had enough additional drains on magicka and stamina from some of my mods that even the prayer couldn't refill the bars. Now I just got a message saying I haven't prayed in 250 hours, but now it seems I can't. When I really need to one of my mods added a 'Rest anywhere' spell that allows brief regeneration of one of the two bars.

Edit: 250 hours, not 127 days, since prayer.

Edited by nbanyan

Another annoyance that I don't know what has caused it (might be because I'm playing werewolf right now?), but Mara's Prayer doesn't activate. I stopped using it a while ago because I had enough additional drains on magicka and stamina from some of my mods that even the prayer couldn't refill the bars. Now I just got a message saying I haven't prayed in 127 days, but now it seems I can't. When I really need to one of my mods added a 'Rest anywhere' spell that allows brief regeneration of one of the two bars.

Would need to know a few things.

1. Are you using Prayer from the hotkey or the 'ZZ - Prayer' power?

2. What setting is Combat Damage (Temple of Decision): On, Off, Partial?

3. Are you playing normal or 'Survival' mode?

4. How many Boons are in your Inventory?

Sorry for all the questions, but I need to know where to start looking.

It's probably always been there. I only recently started the werewolf quests in the last couple weeks. However, I vaguely remember the horns resetting before, likely in conjunction with some other random mod content, but I don't remember any of those specifics.

I'll try becoming a Werewolf and see if I can replicate the issue.

I've tried both the hotkey and the power, but neither give any message or have any effect. I have 12 boons. Combat damage was off due to my use of defeat and death alternative, but is now on partial. I have survival mode off, because my game is unstable enough that I need to save often to prevent progress loss from CTDs. The debuffs I'm usually fighting are either from Realistic Needs or Milk Mod; both have debuffs that reduce magicka and stamina regen by percentages. Last time I checked, I loose about 14 magicka per second.

Edit: I found the issue. I had some temptations in my inventory. Apparently those prevent Tief from praying.

Edited by nbanyan