As long as the mods you are using are not yet updated to 1.60 leave it be.

Theoretically most mods should™ work with 1.60 also but if you use a 1.59 mod with 1.60 expect bugs and issues.

That's what worries me. How back-compatible is 1.60? Is there any documentation on how to update mods and/or scripts to 1.60?

As long as the mods you are using are not yet updated to 1.60 leave it be.

Theoretically most mods should™ work with 1.60 also but if you use a 1.59 mod with 1.60 expect bugs and issues.

That's what worries me. How back-compatible is 1.60? Is there any documentation on how to update mods and/or scripts to 1.60?

Think he listed the changes on the download page for 1.60.

1.61 (That is the new name) is fully compatible for mods that were using correctly the 1.59c APIs.

If the mod was doing some dirty trick on the background, then probably it will not be compatible.

But normal mods will work just fine, also all previous animations have the old tags still here, so if a mod was using an old tag it will still work with the old animations (but maybe will not get the new ones.)

1.61 (That is the new name) is fully compatible for mods that were using correctly the 1.59c APIs.

If the mod was doing some dirty trick on the background, then probably it will not be compatible.

But normal mods will work just fine, also all previous animations have the old tags still here, so if a mod was using an old tag it will still work with the old animations (but maybe will not get the new ones.)

Oh. Well that's okay then. So all of the current 1.59c SexLab functions are intact? Modders won't need to go back and edit their scripts using those functions?

If that's the case I'll probably switch to 1.61 tomorrow. :lol:

If you used just the functions in the script "SexLabFramework", then yes. Everything is there with maximum compatibility.

Of course there are new function, but they are not mandatory.

Just - for all modders - try to avoid the old and deprecated API and use the new ones.

So in a far far far away future, Ashal will be able to remove the "pre-historical" function for SL.

If you used just the functions in the script "SexLabFramework", then yes. Everything is there with maximum compatibility.

Of course there are new function, but they are not mandatory.

Just - for all modders - try to avoid the old and deprecated API and use the new ones.

So in a far far far away future, Ashal will be able to remove the "pre-historical" function for SL.

What about creatures? Why were they moved to a separate archive?

As said, I had not encoutered any problems so far.

And as said before also it should™ work without issues but it's not guaranteed. The only event that is guaranteed in life is death ends your life.

Well, that and taxes. :P

They always have been in a separate array. The separate "Archive" is just to reduce the download size for who does not want them.

And now you can select the creature animations by tag, that was not possible before.

They always have been in a separate array. The separate "Archive" is just to reduce the download size for who does not want them.

And now you can select the creature animations by tag, that was not possible before.

Sweet. And since it won't affect users (I'm just using basic SexLab functions) I'll be switching to 1.61 very soon then.

Thanks for the info.

You welcome.

"Switching" means that you will use some of the new features, and in this case the version 1.61 will be a dependency.

If you just use normal functions, then you can be compatible with both 1.59c and 1.61.

Bug report here

I found "na_ps_companion" "na_ps_jarl" quest bug and I solved it as you adviced with console key. 

but side quest for paarthurnax is still stuck as it's original mod bug 

I tried to start this quest by using console, but quest log didn't updated. I didn't use the mod which manipulated high hrothgar npcs....(andI already met the paarthunax in main quest)

p.s Thank you for this mod. 

But up to now those anims were coming from More Nasty creatures. So what - MNC is now obsolete?

But up to now those anims were coming from More Nasty creatures. So what - MNC is now obsolete?

No. MNC still provides extra creature animations (and other stuff). It is like the NSAP for creatures.

but side quest for paarthurnax is still stuck as it's original mod bug

p.s Thank you for this mod. 

Is the original mod bug that the quest doesn't start? The conditions for the quest are that Paarthurnax and the Greybeards are still alive and not disabled and that you've completed quest MQ204 (The Throat of the World). If the quest doesn't start under those conditions then some aliases aren't being filled and I'll see what I can do about that.

EDIT: P.S. You're welcome. :)

This is probably really late to say and I'm likely the only one who has this problem, but for some reason the quest to get the horse doesn't work for me.

When I was using the old AM it also didn't start (only after sometime, it used to work). I have tried to start it via console and the console behaves like the quest should have started but nothing happens when I can continue to ask for thaena for the quest, she gives me the 1000g then nothing.

It's something that I have wanted to see if I could fix it myself (starting a new game and directly trying to run it from the console, disable a couple of mods, etc.) but ended up just passing it by using the MCM and now I really want to see if I can get it fixed.

Every other quest seems to work like it should be so it's really weird that it isn't starting.

Any clue why it could be?

Punisher234 -  $10 sez quest aliases aren't filling.

For now you can try to reset the quest (resetquest na_mq_horse), start the quest (startquest na_mq_horse), and check quest variables (sqv na_mq_horse). If aliases are listed as "NONE" then you're sunk.

Long term I'm going to stop using vanilla NPCs as much as possible and replace them with custom NPCs. Maybe that will help.

You know.... I'm thinking about this quest alias thing...

I used an alias in JUGs where I basically assign an NPC to be milked by someone else. The alias does not always fill when the JUGs quest starts, so I put in a dialogue option that says, "Would you like me to find someone to milk you?"

Why am I telling you this as it has nothing to do with the Mansion?

Well.... maybe it does. When you start the side quests... any of them... you do it through dialogue anyways. Can you just put some code in a script fragment for that last dialogue that force-fills the aliases required?

My alias in JUGs is simply called Alias_Follower

The code in my script fragment looks like this:

Alias_Follower.Clear()
Utility.wait(1.0)
Alias_Follower.ForceRefTo(akSpeaker)

I have no idea how the aliases are being filled in this mod's quests right now as I haven't looked into it, but would something like what I've used be of any help for all of these non-filled aliases?

erm...1.61?? i though the newest sexlab was 1.60? ok now i am worrying :(

and do i just uninstall 1.59 and then install 1.60 before loading a save game?

Because i cant uninstall 1.59, load a game....save it.....then install 1.60 and load saved game. my Skyrim will wet itself if i uninstall 1.59 and then try to load a save game with no sexlab at all.

i hate these big updates..they scare me :(

Not wanting to hurry anything and please do take the necessary time to fix the bugs, but is there any possible date for the next update or are there alot of stuff that need fixing?

I've fixed the bugs I can and added a few little things people asked for. Right now I am making a proper ending for the part of the Sordid quest that takes place in the Mansion and finishing the troll quest w/ a scene for player, Thaena, and troll. Assuming no new, big bugs are unearthed best guess right now is maybe a week or so.

oh lord, i just looked at the comments pages on the 1.60 thread and everyone is having so many problems with 1.60 :( think i will avoid it for now untill a LOT of people are happy and bugs fixed.

Applying a really big update and expecting to continue a savegame from before the update without any issue whatsoever is ... well ... unwise.

That's not only the case for 1.59->1.60 but for most skyrim mods. If the changes are minor you can get away with reusing your old saves, if the changes are bigger you're better off starting anew to circumvent issues.

As for the update:

You are using Mod Organizer so it's simple. Install 1.60 with the manually added suffix 1.60 for example, update the creature module into it (the creature module want's it's own mod entry), position 1.60 directly below 1.59 in the mod order (left) and untick 1.59.

The direct update feature is not meant for patching 1.59 to 1.60 but for patching the 1.60 beta releases to the stable release.

As for a clean save install.

For this you should disable all mods which have sexlab as a dependancy first. Save without them, after that disable sexlab itself. Clean the save with a save cleaner and install 1.60 followed by the mods. By doing this you'll be sure the update works, but in the process you will loose all your progress in all your sexlab mods. Better safe than sorry.

In my eyes starting a new game is more stress free after all.

As far as I've seen most problems users have when updating are nothing more than inconveniences. I've not seen any gamebreaking bugs or similar.

Ok thankyou so much everyone  :shy: .

Jesus, your advise as always is very sound and helpful and i will certainly follow it as its also clear and easy to follow. As much as i appreciate the hlp i get on this forum, sometimes, through no-ones fault its always a bit too technically explained and i end up as confused as i was when i asked..hehe.. so thankyou. ;)

But will i be ok to just wait and carry on with 1.59?  :-/

My only concern is that future MOD updates from all MODS i will use will be designed with 1.60 in mind and may not work with an older 1.59. i envision message pops appearing at the start of a game with an updated MOD  being like

' This Version of *** *** requires Sexlab1.60 to operate. Please update your sexlab to version 1.60'

I know starting all over again with a new character and game is most likely the smartest choice, but its just heartbreaking when i have achieved so much with my current 'Sophie'. 

The main reason i now use MO is to avoid the issues i had with NMM and MOD issues thats caused me to endlessly restart Skyrim.